Kratos vs Shin Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
SFIV Akuma vs GOW III Kratos

NemeBro
Kratos would win, especially if given all his powers and equipment from the games.

KingD19
Yeah, Kratos is too much, even for Akuma.

majid86
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kratos would win, especially if given all his powers and equipment from the games.

Yes, that's exactly what i thought
I mean in GOW III, he killed every single Greek god/titan (Poseidon, Hades, Helios, Hermes, Hera, Hercules, Hephestus, Cronos, Gaia & Zeus) except Aphrodite (who he gave a good screwing instead).

I would love to see Kratos go up against the Norse gods (Odin, Thor, Loki, Balder etc).

iChaos
He didn't kill every Titan.

Darkstorm Zero
..... While Gouki has equivalent strength somewhat, unfortunately, Kratos' othe haxx capabilities are really giving him a massive edge here...

dur-rage

majid86
Originally posted by iChaos
He didn't kill every Titan.

I meant only in GOW III (Gaia & Cronos) and im not sure why Apollo was not in the GOW series because he is the god of light & one of the most popular greek gods.

KingD19
Originally posted by majid86
I meant only in GOW III (Gaia & Cronos) and im not sure why Apollo was not in the GOW series because he is the god of light & one of the most popular greek gods.

They already had Helios, I guess they didn't need both of them.

majid86
Apollo and Helios are 2 different gods.
Helios is the god of the sun & Apollo is the god of light.

Hope Apollo is in GOW Ghost of Sparta

KingD19
Apollo and Helios are 2 different gods.
Helios is the god of the sun & Apollo is the god of light.

Hope Apollo is in GOW Ghost of Sparta

I know Helios and Apollo are 2 different gods. But over time, people started associating one with the other. They already had one, they didn't need another.

XMr. WinterX
if kratos than why do ppl say Dante from DMC will lose to Shin from one punch???Dante will obliterate Shin o.O but of course Kratos would rape Shin Akuma anytime

ScreamPaste
I'm actually not sure why Kratos is winning this one.

NemeBro
Because Blade of Olympus+Zeus' strength>>>Gouki's hit force. Kratos blocked the blade with the palm of his hands.

Also, superior reaction-time.

majid86
Kratos is far more durable than Akuma, he survived stabbing himself with the Blade of Olympus.
That's something even Zeus or Cronos couldn't have survived.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
if kratos than why do ppl say Dante from DMC will lose to Shin from one punch???Dante will obliterate Shin o.O but of course Kratos would rape Shin Akuma anytime
Dante's durability is nowhere near that of Kratos'. no expression
Dante's regen usually makes up for his relatively meager durability, but it won't if a punch obliterates him, of which Shin Gouki is fully capable of, if he can split the Ayers rock in two.

He's still right. Kratos did not kill every Titan that appeared in GoW 3. He killed Cronos, Gaia, and likely Perses as well. Of note though, Helios is a Titan in Greek Myth, and I'm not sure if he's a Titan, or a God in GoW.

Poseidon one-shotted a generic titan, while Hades pulled down another titan that was climbing up Mt. Olympus, and was not seen after that in the game.

majid86
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
He's still right. Kratos did not kill every Titan that appeared in GoW 3. He killed Cronos, Gaia, and likely Perses as well. Of note though, Helios is a Titan in Greek Myth, and I'm not sure if he's a Titan, or a God in GoW.

Poseidon one-shotted a generic titan, while Hades pulled down another titan that was climbing up Mt. Olympus, and was not seen after that in the game.

Helios was a god in GOW and he's the reason why Apollo was not in GOW
Shame we never got to see Uranus because he was Cronos's father, Zeus's grandfather and Kratos' great grandfather.

Uranus & Apollo are the only 2 gods/titans not portrayed in the GOW series.

NemeBro
Actually there are a lot not portrayed, just some of the lesser known ones.

Demonic Phoenix
Helios was a god in GOW and he's the reason why Apollo was not in GOW
Shame we never got to see Uranus because he was Cronos's father, Zeus's grandfather and Kratos' great grandfather.

Uranus & Apollo are the only 2 gods/titans not portrayed in the GOW series.

Helios is only considered to be a God in GoW because he's one of the Olympians in GoW. Otherwise, his background is not revealed, and for all we know, it could be the same as the version in the Greek Myths, where he is a Titan by classification.

Also, Ouranus is neither a God nor a Titan in Greek Myth. Fact of the matter is that neither is Gaia, but for some reason, the creators of GoW chose to make her a Titan in GoW.

There are numerous Gods & Titans that have yet to make an appearance in GoW. Deimos & Dionysus are examples of Gods not portrayed in GoW, while Epimetheus (husband of Pandora) & Phoebe are examples of Titans not portrayed in GoW.

majid86
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Helios is only considered to be a God in GoW because he's one of the Olympians in GoW. Otherwise, his background is not revealed, and for all we know, it could be the same as the version in the Greek Myths, where he is a Titan by classification.

Also, Ouranus is neither a God nor a Titan in Greek Myth. Fact of the matter is that neither is Gaia, but for some reason, the creators of GoW chose to make her a Titan in GoW.

There are numerous Gods & Titans that have yet to make an appearance in GoW. Deimos & Dionysus are examples of Gods not portrayed in GoW, while Epimetheus (husband of Pandora) & Phoebe are examples of Titans not portrayed in GoW.

Yes, Helios is a titan in Greek myth but he is a god in GOW because i think the creators chose him over Apollo who was the god of light. Maybe they did this because Helios & Apollo have been mistaken for one another.

Uranus was the Sky in greek myth and all titans/gods decend from him (Cronos Zeus & Kratos).

Demonic Phoenix
Yes, Helios is a titan in Greek myth but he is a god in GOW because i think the creators chose him over Apollo who was the god of light. Maybe they did this because Helios & Apollo have been mistaken for one another.

Uranus was the Sky in greek myth and all titans/gods decend from him (Cronos Zeus & Kratos).

Them apparently choosing him over Apollo has no bearing whatsoever on whether he's a God or a Titan. For the purpose of CoO's plot-line, Helios fit the bill, as Apollo isn't the God of the Sun. That is likely why the 'chose' Helios.
His background hasn't been revealed so far, which is why the best course of action right now is to assume that GoW Helios has a background that is identical or similar to that of Greek Myth Helios.

Firstly, there's no indication that Ouranos even exists in GoW.
Secondly, Ouranos giving rise to the Titans and the Gods does not make him one of them. no expression In Greek Myth, he's a part of the Protogenoi, and they are neither Gods nor Titans.

majid86
Well i think in GOW Ghost of Sparta, Apollo should be in it.
And Uranus should be mentioned as well

I want Kratos to take on Norse/Hindu/Egyptian in some future games just for the hell of it.
Kratos vs Ganesha would be fun to see.

AsbestosFlaygon
Hell yeah!

Kratos VS that Hindu goddess with 1000 arms.
It'd be a brutal match, but I think the one with 1000 arms has the advantage.

majid86
You mean Kali?

AsbestosFlaygon
You mean Kali?
No. It's the Mother Goddess, Durga.

BloodRawEngine
I thought that was Shiva...

Or is that the one with five arms? Unless THAT's who Kali is. I'd gotten a little rusty on other mythologies since middle school social studies. Although the term 'Kali' also applies to the Filipino stick fighting martial arts (which has about two other different names--Escrima and Arnis)...

In the end, the best way to go if Kratos actually IS still alive, and Stig's words on David Jaffe's original intentions (to have Kratos eventually become the Gods' answer to Death) hold potential future for the series is to pit Kratos against the likes of the Norse Gods. Many people rave on how Norse Gods >>> Greek Gods. May as well carry on with the liberties they've already taken and pit Kratos against the likes of Thor or Odin.

majid86
Dont forget Loki as well

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because Blade of Olympus+Zeus' strength>>>Gouki's hit force. Kratos blocked the blade with the palm of his hands.

Also, superior reaction-time.

That, and even if you miss the button during that part in the QTE, it's not an instant game over like it was in GoWII, just a chip of health.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
That, and even if you miss the button during that part in the QTE, it's not an instant game over like it was in GoWII, just a chip of health.

What part in God of War 2 are you talking about?

BloodRawEngine
During the final QTE when Kratos pretends to surrender to Zeus. Just one ****-up while trying to take the Blade of Olympus back during that scenario will result in a game over. In GoWIII, if Kratos fails to block it with his hands in the final QTE of the second phase of the fight, he doesn't die instantly (assuming you have the health), but rather you just lose a smudge of health (although I suppose the amount depends on the difficulty).

Check around 6:30 in this video to see what I mean in GoWIII

93IET71shJo

CosmicComet
Yeah I knew what you meant in God of War 3 as I remember messing up during that QTE once, but I never did that during God of War 2's final QTE against Zeus.

No End N Site
Wait, this is SHIN Akuma, the Akuma we don't know anything about? The Akuma, for all we know, who could bust earth destroying meteors and preform the literal meaning of all his moves?
Wait, not only that, this is SFIV Shin Akuma? Not SFIII? An even more vauge version of Shin.

Kratos with all his weapons beats Akuma, clearly.

Ya'know, I've been on a total SF/DS benge for the last few days and I gotta say, these S.Akuma threads are stupid, all the recent ones and all the past threads ( I think I even made a few)

LMBAO, we have never seen this dude before. He's never even appeared in canon. WE ALL should just stick to regular Akuma...cuz using Akuma's feats for S.Akuma's feats is dumb. Lol, just use regular Akuma.

Next thing ya'know, I'm gonna go over to the anime VS section and see threads with SS4 Vegito and Super Kaioken on X 1000.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
During the final QTE when Kratos pretends to surrender to Zeus. Just one ****-up while trying to take the Blade of Olympus back during that scenario will result in a game over. In GoWIII, if Kratos fails to block it with his hands in the final QTE of the second phase of the fight, he doesn't die instantly (assuming you have the health), but rather you just lose a smudge of health (although I suppose the amount depends on the difficulty).

Check around 6:30 in this video to see what I mean in GoWIII

93IET71shJo

So Zeus with slashing the BoO across Kratos' torso doesn't even slow him down? no expression

Yeah, this probably makes that 'Centaur can pierce Kratos because Centaur pierces Kratos in failed QTE' angle moot.

CosmicComet
And is it just me, or does Fear Zeus snap Kratos' neck at the end? That's an insane thing to come back from.

Demonic Phoenix
Now that I look at it, it does seem as if Zeus snaps his neck. Wouldn't Kratos die instantly though, instead of having that mind journey?
Also, Fear Zeus seems to have more strength in his Thumb and Index Finger than Kratos has in his arms. no expression

thereciever
WTF really this is not even a match.

Peach
Stop bumping threads for no reason.

thereciever
even kratos brother can whip his ass lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.