Elder God Set vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
Don't really need to be Odin, any Skyfather level being will do. This one got me thinking because people always assume Elder God > Skyfather.

But Set strikes me as being very "squishy". In "What If : Earth's Heroes Lost Atlantis Attacks" both Thor and the Silver Surfer manage to inflict heavy damage on him. In fact it looked like the Surfer was about to finish him off, but he was knocked off his board (unhurt though), and a Uni-Powered Quasar showed up and whisked Set into the Eye of Agamotto.

Now the Surfer is NOWHERE NEAR skyfather level of power. People on this very board posted pics of Odin literally swatting the Surfer away like a fly.

So which is it? Is Set the Jobber of the Elder Gods and gets pwned by Odin? Or does Odin get devoured by the Elder?

Wei Phoenix
Lurker!

Colossus-Big C
sets durabilty is trash but he has elder god level in power. he nearly killed an enrage pheonix and tanked a full blast from it .pheonix >>>>skyfather,one shotted surfer when he finnaly caught him. you said unhurt but surfer was dead

elder god>>>skyfather in raw power/magic
though odin is more durable than set.

set cant be killed though. he can regenerate his body

agamotto is near galactus level

chthon warped asgard out of existance when he posessed quicksilver

bbrem123
set stomps odins ass

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he nearly killed an enrage pheonix and tanked a full blast from it .pheonix >>>>skyfather,

This was Rachel Summers version of the Phoenix, Thor himself has one-shotted her by reflecting her own mental blast back at her (it was the issue when Excalibur was fighting with Thor thinking he was the Juggernaut).

No the Surfer didn't die, I have the issue and want to post scans but I need to find it. Here it is according to wikipedia :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Attacks

Thor managed to destroy one of Set's heads and so did the Surfer. In fact the Surfer hit him so hard Set's remaining five heads screamed in pain in unison. Surfer was knocked off his board but otherwise totally undamaged. He was about to finish Set when the Uni-powered Quasar showed up and banished himself and Set to the pocket dimension inside the Eye of Agamotto. Surfer then hands the Eye over to the Watcher of that universe for safe keeping.

Fact is Thor and Surfer wounded Set severely and Surfer was about to finish him off. There is NO WAY Surfer or Thor are a match for Odin.

@ bbrem123

How? How does Set stomp Odin, if Odin swatted the Surfer away like an insect yet Set was reeling in pain from his attacks?

TheLordofMurder
I havent picked a choice in the poll as I almost want to say that Set jobbed in that What If (I have this very issue as well btw), but it was so circumstancial that I am not sure where I stand in regard to this...

On one hand, it is continually stated in that issue that Set's power was steadily increasing as more and more of his essense came into our dimension, and at the time of the big fight where Thor and the Surfer injuried him, he apparently was still was partially in his home realm...thus Sets full power was not on display in that fight.

On the other hand, the hero's (particularly Thor and the Surfer) did suspiciously well against Set; at one point early in that comic, Set was stated on panel to be more out of his home dimension than in it...thus its logical to conclude that he has access to more than half of his power...

If an Elder God is a notch above a Skyfather, then that should have made Set powerful enough to beat Thor and Surfer like they were insects; yet Set had to use his full growing power plus the power he absorbed from Phoenix (and she was described as "half eatten" as she fell to her death) in order to attack Thor fatally (Set failed to kill Thor earlier in the comic despite his effort to do so...he was only able to hurl Thor from the ocean unconscious)...

And a blast from Sets 5 remaining heads (after Thor and Surfer destroyed 1 apiece), was only capable of hurling the Surfer from his board...so this is very suspicious indeed...

After thinking about it like that, I feel more confident in saying that Set jobbed bigtime in that fight...

The only other answer is that the term "Elder God" is highly overrated and/or is not being applied properly...

Maybe the term "Old God" is more appropiate if (assuming that Set was not jobbing) Sets showing in that What If was an accurate gauge of his power level...in which case..."Elder God" is actually sub Skyfather level.

TheLordofMurder
Btw, Big-C...

Agamotto is nowhere near Galactus level; the writter responsible for that issue of Doctor Strange just did a horrible job of writting...

When Doom had Galactus's power, he was aware of the thoughts of every being on the planet instantly...

So with that said, you mean to tell me that (with Dr Strange being right next to him) Galactus didnt know that physical attacks would prove ineffective against Agamotto...but Strange did?? Even if Galactus didnt know initially, the instant Strange had that thought, then Galactus would have known it as well and then Galactus would have changed tactics and fought Agamotto in a manner that would have been more effective...

But no...we get typical Marvel based inconsistency instead, and it leads to BS conclusions (like your own) that Agamotto is close to Galactus level...

It was implied during The Infinity Gauntlet that the cosmic forces gathered to face Thanos were the "Astral Dieties of the Universe." Galactus was present...abstracts were present...so where the hell was Agamotto!?

LoL...every being there was a true cosmic level character...Cube Beings and everything else below was excluded from that meeting...that should speak volumes about the Marvel hierarchy...

theICONiac
Originally posted by zopzop
This was Rachel Summers version of the Phoenix, Thor himself has one-shotted her by reflecting her own mental blast back at her (it was the issue when Excalibur was fighting with Thor thinking he was the Juggernaut).

No the Surfer didn't die, I have the issue and want to post scans but I need to find it. Here it is according to wikipedia :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Attacks

Thor managed to destroy one of Set's heads and so did the Surfer. In fact the Surfer hit him so hard Set's remaining five heads screamed in pain in unison. Surfer was knocked off his board but otherwise totally undamaged. He was about to finish Set when the Uni-powered Quasar showed up and banished himself and Set to the pocket dimension inside the Eye of Agamotto. Surfer then hands the Eye over to the Watcher of that universe for safe keeping.

Fact is Thor and Surfer wounded Set severely and Surfer was about to finish him off. There is NO WAY Surfer or Thor are a match for Odin.

@ bbrem123

How? How does Set stomp Odin, if Odin swatted the Surfer away like an insect yet Set was reeling in pain from his attacks?

That was a 'What If' issue, and thus is inadmissable as evidence in the KMC Court of Debating.

amnesia
sets durabilty is trash but he has elder god level in power. he nearly killed an enrage pheonix and tanked a full blast from it .pheonix >>>>skyfather,one shotted surfer when he finnaly caught him. you said unhurt but surfer was dead

elder god>>>skyfather in raw power/magic
though odin is more durable than set.

set cant be killed though. he can regenerate his body

agamotto is near galactus level

chthon warped asgard out of existance when he posessed quicksilver

LOL, the phoenix feat wasn't canon, silly.

dmills
You guy's are basing your arguments off of a what if issue? no expression smile laughing

Colossus-Big C
it wasnt cannon anyways.

and i have scans of thor going toe to toe with odin twice.
chasing galactus of. fighting celestials etc
so the what if could of been written by thwt same writer

but odin did mate with gaea because he wanted a son with more potential than him.

and gaea is scared of set
besides that
not all eder gods>skyfather
just the top ones

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Btw, Big-C...

Agamotto is nowhere near Galactus level; the writter responsible for that issue of Doctor Strange just did a horrible job of writting...

When Doom had Galactus's power, he was aware of the thoughts of every being on the planet instantly...

So with that said, you mean to tell me that (with Dr Strange being right next to him) Galactus didnt know that physical attacks would prove ineffective against Agamotto...but Strange did?? Even if Galactus didnt know initially, the instant Strange had that thought, then Galactus would have known it as well and then Galactus would have changed tactics and fought Agamotto in a manner that would have been more effective...

But no...we get typical Marvel based inconsistency instead, and it leads to BS conclusions (like your own) that Agamotto is close to Galactus level...

It was implied during The Infinity Gauntlet that the cosmic forces gathered to face Thanos were the "Astral Dieties of the Universe." Galactus was present...abstracts were present...so where the hell was Agamotto!?

LoL...every being there was a true cosmic level character...Cube Beings and everything else below was excluded from that meeting...that should speak volumes about the Marvel hierarchy... thats horrible logic.

everone facing him wasnt shown
you even had zeus in the front lines with the LT
thor was even there.

mr master posted the scan were the vishanti are recognized as the most powerful magic users in the multiverse. and they was summoned to fight a omniversal threat.

Colossus-Big C
also "seth" who is a wannabe of set stalemated odin in a fight that busted galaxys (even if odin beat him at the he is skyfather level and did more damage than the thanos vs odin fight)

seth is no where near the level of set
/thread

by the way i love this pic
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/seteldergod7.jpg

bbrem123
like i said set stomps...this is spite

zopzop
That was a 'What If' issue, and thus is inadmissable as evidence in the KMC Court of Debating.

This was the only time Set has been shown going all-out in any issue. This wasn't him possessing a host body or an avatar of him, this was the actual being Set.

like i said set stomps...this is spite

Again you never explain how. Odin's feats > Set's feats. Even in terms of artifacts created Odin made the Destroyer Armor and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, Set made..............................the Serpent Crown. In NO universe is the Serpent Crown an artifact anywhere near Mjolnir/Stormbreaker in terms of power, let alone the Destroyer Armor. Odin > Set.

I have pics of the What If issue in question, I just need to figure out how to upload them.

nicamarvin
Odin's feats > Set's feats. whats next....? Odin feats> Demogorge Feats.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Colossus-Big C
odins feats are greater than alot of peoples feats
odin created the armor with prep while humans created the crown.
it took a cosmic cube to destroy the crown.
were as odin has been pwned by a cube

bbrem123
Originally posted by nicamarvin
whats next....? Odin feats> Demogorge Feats.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

hahah
thumb up

Sr J-Bieb
also "seth" who is a wannabe of set stalemated odin in a fight that busted galaxys (even if odin beat him at the he is skyfather level and did more damage than the thanos vs odin fight)

seth is no where near the level of set
/thread

by the way i love this pic
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/seteldergod7.jpg Isn't that from the What-If?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yes.

The "title" Elder God is so overrated.

TheLordofMurder
@ Big-C...

What the heck are you talking about dude!? In the Infinity Guantlet arc, Zeus was NOT in the front lines with the Living Tribunal; Zeus was stranded in Asgard with all the rest of the Skyfathers and The Living Tribunal never challenged Thanos when he had the IG either...nor was Thor present when all the major cosmic beings meet to plan their strategy against Thanos.

In additon, the forces assembled to attack Thanos were described as "Eternity's Cosmic Brigade," and as "Eternity's Foot Soldiers." With the implication being that Eternity gathered the best of the best to engage Thanos with...

I think your memory and logic are the ones that are horrible at the moment...

zopzop
Isn't that from the What-If?

No, that picture is from the Atlantis Attacks Annuals, I think it's either the Fantastic Four one or Thor.

Speaking of Demogorge feats, how about the one when he awakened when the Death Gods attempted to merge their realms. The look of fear on Odin and the other Skyfathers faces was proof that they knew they were finished if he got to them. So Demogorge > any and all Skyfathers. But that's not the point of this thread.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. This wouldn't have even been of any interest to me but the Marvel Mystic Arcana and the Marvel Tarot series sparked my curiosity. In it, Set, Gaea, Oshtur, and Chthon play a major role. All four are Elder Gods. And we've seen what Oshtur and Chthon are capable of, I'm trying to figure out why they even bothered with Set.

bbrem123

No, that picture is from the Atlantis Attacks Annuals, I think it's either the Fantastic Four one or Thor.

Speaking of Demogorge feats, how about the one when he awakened when the Death Gods attempted to merge their realms. The look of fear on Odin and the other Skyfathers faces was proof that they knew they were finished if he got to them. So Demogorge > any and all Skyfathers. But that's not the point of this thread.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. This wouldn't have even been of any interest to me but the Marvel Mystic Arcana and the Marvel Tarot series sparked my curiosity. In it, Set, Gaea, Oshtur, and Chthon play a major role. All four are Elder Gods. And we've seen what Oshtur and Chthon are capable of, I'm trying to figure out why they even bothered with Set.

set did fight demogorge for a prolonged time in there first encounter until he had to flee...and that was a demogorge that had absorbed an ass ton of other gods

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did this happen?

Hmm. I was pretty sure it was from a What If. Well, it's not from the Thor annual (#14). I'm not completely sure about the Fantastic Four one however.

srug

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@ Big-C...

What the heck are you talking about dude!? In the Infinity Guantlet arc, Zeus was NOT in the front lines with the Living Tribunal; Zeus was stranded in Asgard with all the rest of the Skyfathers and The Living Tribunal never challenged Thanos when he had the IG either...nor was Thor present when all the major cosmic beings meet to plan their strategy against Thanos.

In additon, the forces assembled to attack Thanos were described as "Eternity's Cosmic Brigade," and as "Eternity's Foot Soldiers." With the implication being that Eternity gathered the best of the best to engage Thanos with...

I think your memory and logic are the ones that are horrible at the moment... your right. im talking about the instace were he had the hotu
zeus was in the front lines with the tribunal

Colossus-Big C
bbrem123 is right in sets second fight with demogorge he fought him for a millenia on earth before demogorge won.

although iirc set had absorb the energy left in the earth by timaut when he was banished

do you think odin can fight demogorge for a millenia?

either way
chthon oshtur agamotto haggoth gaea are all above skyfather
so elder god>skyfather for the most part

Rage.Of.Olympus
Issue number?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Issue number? Iron Man Annual#10

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll check it out later. This better not be bull.

dmills
I'll check it out later. This better not be bull.

WhiteWitchKing

Can't find it in either. Not in the Iron Man Annual as well.

Originally posted by bbrem123

set did fight demogorge for a prolonged time in there first encounter until he had to flee...and that was a demogorge that had absorbed an ass ton of other gods

So had Set. Set was the first to kill and absorb other gods. He started it all long before Gaea gave birth to the Atum.

Also in their second encounter Set had feasted on enough energy to manifest on Earth. Atum shows up and starts reverting to his Demogorge form after absorbing a head of Set. Atum still manages to fight off Set.

Odin can stand up to Set and likely beat him. Elder gods can be way overrated.

zopzop
Can't find it in either. Not in the Iron Man Annual as well.

Ok my bad, it's from Marvel Two-In-One #66, page 5.

This is true. But someone pointed out a page from The Marvel Tarot, that if he's reading it right, means Set is crazy powerful.

bbrem123 is right in sets second fight with demogorge he fought him for a millenia on earth before demogorge won.

Yes Set stalemated Atum for a long LONG time. The exact quote "And thus began a battle unlike any since, that threw the earth into chaos for millions of years". That is sorta impressive. Seeing as how Chthon himself never once dared engage Atum in battle.

WhiteWitchKing

Yes Set stalemated Atum for a long LONG time. The exact quote "And thus began a battle unlike any since, that threw the earth into chaos for millions of years". That is sorta impressive. Seeing as how Chthon himself never once dared engage Atum in battle.

According to real world experience, an asteroid hit the earth and through it into chaos for millions of years.

In terms of comics, the destructive power of their fight could've thrown the world into chaos for a million years. BRB's fight with Stardust could've left have thrown the Earth into chaos for millions of years despite it being likely less than a day in combat. Odin's fight that wrecked galaxies could've laid enough waste to Earth that would throw it into chaos for millions of years.

bbrem123
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

So had Set. Set was the first to kill and absorb other gods. He started it all long before Gaea gave birth to the Atum.

Also in their second encounter Set had feasted on enough energy to manifest on Earth. Atum shows up and starts reverting to his Demogorge form after absorbing a head of Set. Atum still manages to fight off Set.

Odin can stand up to Set and likely beat him. Elder gods can be way overrated.

what r u talking about....what make u think odin can stand up to set and beat him...odin shits his pants in the presence of demogorge....and it took atum forever to defeat set....

Colossus-Big C
According to real world experience, an asteroid hit the earth and through it into chaos for millions of years.

In terms of comics, the destructive power of their fight could've thrown the world into chaos for a million years. BRB's fight with Stardust could've left have thrown the Earth into chaos for millions of years despite it being likely less than a day in combat. Odin's fight that wrecked galaxies could've laid enough waste to Earth that would throw it into chaos for millions of years. i think the fight actually lasted millions of years.
as it shows the mamals being protected by gaea through the time there evololving

and as i said earlier seth has wrecked galaxys
his fight didnt last one second with demorgorge
were as set fought him toe to toe for a million years
i really want to hear a reply on this

Colossus-Big C
also why cant set eat odin. as it seems all the elder gods can eat other gods

Black bolt z
Intresting debate.

I'll call set for a small majority.

Colossus-Big C
Marvel Team-Up Annual#5 / Fantastic Four Annual#22

the power of a cosmic cube only banishes set
and even the he returned to earth two times after

OneDumbG0
Set ain't no jobber.

Colossus-Big C
also ghaur , after having stolen the dreaming celestials power had it sucked out of him by set

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by bbrem123
what r u talking about....what make u think odin can stand up to set and beat him...odin shits his pants in the presence of demogorge....and it took atum forever to defeat set....

Thankfully Set isn't the Demogorge. Set has lost every time they've fought and had to run off. Odin has beaten down enough head gods to give Set a fight and win. And secondly, it took Demogorge forever to beat Set because Set had millions of years to amassed power from the dinosaurs. He was far stronger than his prior fight with Atum. When Atum first began destroying the Elder Gods, Chthon, Set, and Set's children were chased off by the Demogorge alone. If Set was amassing the same power he did during the Iron Man Annual, then yeah he would beat Odin. Otherwise, Odin has more than enough wins under his to put Set down. Even Thoth has stalemated Set in his dimension and Thoth isn't even a skyfather.

Colossus-Big C
so basically classic set wins
current loses iyo

well current writers have a history of jobbing old characters. look what happen to demogorge

also i always assumed set=chthon and people like merlyn cant beat chthons magic and mordred by reading the darkhold out loud was warping reality

Colossus-Big C
Thankfully Set isn't the Demogorge. Set has lost every time they've fought and had to run off. Odin has beaten down enough head gods to give Set a fight and win. And secondly, it took Demogorge forever to beat Set because Set had millions of years to amassed power from the dinosaurs. He was far stronger than his prior fight with Atum. When Atum first began destroying the Elder Gods, Chthon, Set, and Set's children were chased off by the Demogorge alone. If Set was amassing the same power he did during the Iron Man Annual, then yeah he would beat Odin. Otherwise, Odin has more than enough wins under his to put Set down. Even Thoth has stalemated Set in his dimension and Thoth isn't even a skyfather. you havent answerd to how someone with a cosmic cube was unable to kill set
and how someone with the dreaming celestials power was still under his influence

Don Corleone
Just voted for S

zopzop
Thankfully Set isn't the Demogorge. Set has lost every time they've fought and had to run off.

Correct, but Odin and the other Skyfathers didn't dare face him. They sent their children as fodder while they attempted to come up with a plan to stop him. Chthon, who most anyone agrees is greater than any skyfather, never attempted to challenge Demogorge. In fact the only reason he showed his face recently in that Avengers arc was because word got out that Demogorge was dead.

Stalemating a god killer, who up till that idiotic Hercules story arc, wiped the floor with any and all divinities he ran up against, for MILLIONS of years, is an awesome accomplishment by Set.

Just to add to the confusion, that wasn't the most powerful incarnation of Set. The one in the Atlantis Attacks Thor Annual was. Thor/Demogorge himself stated in that fight that Set was MORE powerful than when they faced off in the Age of Reptiles (****see note below). Yet Set didn't have any worshipers to feed off of for millions of years.

In that very same Annual when it looked like they had no chance vs Set, Thor runs for his life to beg for help. Does he go to Odin or any other Skyfather? NO! He runs to his mother, the Elder Goddess Gaea and asks for assistance. She informs him that she can't do anything herself or even call out to Atum for assistance because Set's power keeps her imprisoned in the void between worlds. This actually shocked Thor, seeing as how she, his sister goddess, was powerless against him.

The Marvel writers can't seem to make up their minds concerning him. And to add fuel to the fire, in the Marvel Tarot, Set is the father (ie source) of the 7 deadly sins. Each of his heads being tied directly to a specific sin. His Serpent Crown, is one of the four Cornerstones of Creation. An item that ties directly to how magic functions in the universe. All these things imply someone who's powerlevels should be off the charts.

*******Yet mysteriously THor/Demogorge go on to KO him in 2 minutes.

*****Note I really, really wish I could post links and pics. But I can't yet.

WhiteWitchKing
you havent answerd to how someone with a cosmic cube was unable to kill set

What instance are you referring too? In FF Annual, they destroyed the giant Serpent crown and sent a "grievously wounded" Set back to his dimension. Set wasn't even in the vicinity and suffered the feedback of destroying the Crown.

Ghaur lost the Dreaming Celestial's powers when the Uni-Mind tore his soul from that body.

Correct, but Odin and the other Skyfathers didn't dare face him. They sent their children as fodder while they attempted to come up with a plan to stop him. Chthon, who most anyone agrees is greater than any skyfather, never attempted to challenge Demogorge. In fact the only reason he showed his face recently in that Avengers arc was because word got out that Demogorge was dead.

In other words Chthon and Set are not the Demogorge.

Yeah, after he'd absorbed millions of years worth of power from the dinosaur. And then Atum show's up and ultimately victorious as Set's "vast stores of energy gone" and "Set retreated back to his dimension." Set had millions of years of stored power to fight Atum.

It's funny how Thor/Atum states that Set is more powerful than his Reptilian Age manifestation because right after that Thor/Atum ripped Set apart like nothing. That fight looked like it took about five minutes.

- Atum having absorbed just Thor manages to transform into the Demogorge and proceed to beat Set in like 5 minutes.

- Atum, during the Reptilian Age, transformed into the Demogorge after absorbing the first head of Set took millions of years to beat Set.

What Thor/Atum says is complete different from what actually happened.

She, being his sister, has nothing to do with power levels. She never went to the extremes her siblings did for power. Gaea is not a fighter that's why she mated with the Demiurge to bring forth as Atum to end the war between the Elder Gods. She asked Atum again during the Reptilian Age to aid her and it even states it's because she's not a warrior. Gaea also gave the Olympians the weapons necessary to over throw the Titans. Then she went about and gave birth to Typhon to over throw the Olympians. Gaea doesn't fight at all. Dormammu has trapped Gaea as well. And Dormammu and Odin are at least equals. Going by just showings, Odin's feat beats most of Dormammu's.

But Set isn't. He's powerful but he isn't something that Odin could not fight on an even footing with. The laws of magic are agreed upon by the War of the Seven Spheres. Even Satannish is a member while Odin is not. Still Odin can beat Satannish in a fight that's for sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It might have taken Atum a long time to beat Set when he had amassed sufficient power and later on it only took him a few minutes tops to beat an apparently even more powerful incarnation but we have to taken into account that Atum had just absorbed Thor who was running the show. THOR!

His awesomeness transcends all. Notice how Atum suddenly started growing bigger once Thor got angry? I'd say it was pretty clear that Thor had amped Atum to levels far beyond anything he had ever seen.

WhiteWitchKing
It might have taken Atum a long time to beat Set when he had amassed sufficient power and later on it only took him a few minutes tops to beat an apparently even more powerful incarnation but we have to taken into account that Atum had just absorbed Thor who was running the show. THOR!

His awesomeness transcends all. Notice how Atum suddenly started growing bigger once Thor got angry? I'd say it was pretty clear that Thor had amped Atum to levels far beyond anything he had ever seen.

Yeah, even more than Set's head during the Reptilian Age or the hundreds of Elder Gods during the Halcyon Age!!!!

Thor is teh POAHFO!!

Colossus-Big C
lol
atum has eat beings much greater than thor
thor is just a very popular character

also gaea>dormammu
after she was released under his magic, she completely owned him
dormammu at his lowest is equal to odin

chthon is one powerful guy , he has a spell that can destroy demogorge in the darhold but it must be done by a human
dormammu invoked spells of chthon to conquor the universe

bbrem123

haha great post thumb up

WhiteWitchKing

also gaea>dormammu
after she was released under his magic, she completely owned him
dormammu at his lowest is equal to odin

Is that why she needed help to free her? She needed to harness all the life force of Earth to banish the guy. If he had the backing all the Dark Dimension in his turf, he stomped her.

He's never destroyed the Demogorge. It's unproven until shown. As for Dormammu using one of Chthon's spell, it doesn't mean much. He can use Satannish's spell and still beat the fool's face in. Chthon is all that either when compared to Dormammu.

Colossus-Big C
Is that why she needed help to free her? She needed to harness all the life force of Earth to banish the guy. If he had the backing all the Dark Dimension in his turf, he stomped her. thats her power set, dormmamu in his realm is pretty much abstract level

not to mention odin mated with her to have a son more powerful than himself

He's never destroyed the Demogorge. i never said he did, all i said is that theres a spell in the darkhold capable of destroying demogorge , he also stole some of demogorges power and placed it in the darkhold, blade accesed some of that power once when he was wrecking the midnight sons

As for Dormammu using one of Chthon's spell, it doesn't mean much. He can use Satannish's spell and still beat the fool's face in. Chthon is all that either when compared to Dormammu. he never used satannishes spell,

you only invoke spells of people more powerful than you
people dont go around using spells of lesser beings at all.

the only people dormmamu ever invoked was cyttorak and chthon thats it

chthon magic is above merlyns and merlyn at his prime is multiversal
the scarlet witch is depowerd every time some one scatters the pages of the darkhold.
mordred trapped asgard inside a dimesnional prison by reading the darkhold, king thor even states all of asgard and midgard cannot challege him
chthon and set are also part of the counerstones of creation which is all magic in the universe, as someone already pointed out

when they were damaged in the war of the seven spheres ,no one in the universe could use magic

dormammu also was pretty much owned by a threat similiar to demogorge

if you dont believe, i can post the page on the ohotmu were it says chthon is the supreme authority of black magic

WhiteWitchKing
thats her power set, dormmamu in his realm is pretty much abstract level

In other words he's more powerful than her.

He mated with her so he could have a more powerful son than he could have with other Asgardians. And Thor was never more powerful than Odin. The only time he became that was when he took the ODIN force.

I guess the Seraphims are more powerful than the Tribunal? And the Faltine as well? So hmmm, Dormammu is more powerful than LT!! Then there's Zom who invoked the Demons of Denak to burn Strange.

Only? He used the Winds of Watoomb and the Rings of Raggadoor (to push back the Mindless Ones). Even Dormammu's name has been utter among the likes of Watoomb, Cyttorak, Denak, the Seraphims, Valtoor, Raggadoor, and Ikonn. The only reason Strange stopped using Dormammu was because he found out who Dormammu was and that he was tapping into Dormammu's dark magic.

Spells are lent by deities all the time. It's just easier to use existing spells then write your own. That's why most of them invoke the powers of others. Doesn't necessarily mean LT, Dormammu, Zom, or whoever is any less in terms of power than those they invoke.

Yeah right, Chthon would get his face smashed in by any Celestial much less a multiversal being.

Set and the other Elder Gods came into being long after the universe. Chthon began to "learn to control the mystical forces of this part of the universe and became Earth's first sorcerror of black magic". He's one of the contributors of magic. Let's not even go there. Set apparently is another cornerstone that includes Gaea, both of who rarely, if ever, invoked by mystics. The only true contributors of magic are Oshtur and Chthon. Even then, the Faltine, the members of the Octessence, Munipoor, Hoggoth, and a host of others are contributors to magic in the universe as well.

We don't use hand books here. You didn't know that? And what does the Archenemy have to do with Chthon being more powerful than Dormammu? What does it have anything to do with Set being more powerful than Odin?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, even more than Set's head during the Reptilian Age or the hundreds of Elder Gods during the Halcyon Age!!!!

Thor is teh POAHFO!!

Hey, I'm just using common sense and putting two and two together. If Thor can reach Skyfather levels when he lets go of his mental blocks, imagine the amp he'd give Atum. You literally see him growing in power when Thor gets angry.

The comic speaks for itself.

Colossus-Big C
myrlin is multiversal though
it didnt say chthon is more powerful than him directly. but he couldnt destroy the darkhold,
well the artist stated he wasnt in his prime though

also the earth was formed about 1billion years after the universe
the elder gods are 5-6 billion years old
so 1billion years apart from the universe creation wouldnt be that much older than them

Colossus-Big C
Hey, I'm just using common sense and putting two and two together. If Thor can reach Skyfather levels when he lets go of his mental blocks, imagine the amp he'd give Atum. You literally see him growing in power when Thor gets angry.

The comic speaks for itself. thor is atum brother

im not sure why they never call him to eat surtur
or kill ragnorak..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.