Minato Namikaze vs. Pein

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
So, now that we've got a fairly decent idea on Minato's abilities, how does he fare against a ninja that could have and should have beaten his son?

Round 1: Minato vs. Deva Path.

Round 2: Minato vs. 6 Paths.

Minato knows that Nagato is controlling the paths, but he must defeat Deva/6 paths. He also has a fairly decent idea of what each path can do, i.e. Deva can push or pull stuff, Animal can summon, Preta can absorb chakra based attacks, Human Path can rip one's soul through touch, Asura has weapons, & Naraka can resurrect the others.

Battle takes place in destroyed Konoha.

FinalAnswer
Minato Arisato stomps

waitwut?

OH? Lol.

Minato stomps no expression

TheAuraAngel
I'd think Minato would win actually.

Kento
Minato would have to actually get close enough to Deva to put a seal on him for his FTG to work since a Kunai just gets Shinra Tensei's along with Minato. Unless Nagato doesn't get to know anything about Minato so he doesn't use Shinra Tensei and lets the kunai get close.

danteiscool
given his agility and speed I would say that it's possible for Minato to pull off throwing a kunai at Pein, if he can nail the five second delay thing.

either way, Minato wins both fights given his skill and combat prowess.

Q99
I would think Minato would beat Deva solidly, but as for all six paths... that I'd be less sure of. Not a stomp, at the least... he might be able to pull it off with raw speed, but having them cover each other makes it harder, and he's yet to show any really powerful offensive techniques, Rasengan being the best we've seen so far.

At the least, 6 paths would be a very good fight. Deva, he's just too well-suited for getting past the pushes.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
I would think Minato would beat Deva solidly, but as for all six paths... that I'd be less sure of. Not a stomp, at the least... he might be able to pull it off with raw speed, but having them cover each other makes it harder, and he's yet to show any really powerful offensive techniques, Rasengan being the best we've seen so far.

At the least, 6 paths would be a very good fight. Deva, he's just too well-suited for getting past the pushes.
Agreed. Deva Path gets stomped. The sphere that is the core of Chibaku Tensei would just be warped away by his Space-Time Barrier. Then there is his speed, which is greater than Deva's, and his intelligence, with which he'll figure out that Deva has the 5 second lag. If Deva tries Shinra Tensei or Banshō Ten'in, Minato could likely just FTG himself away from it.

For the 6 Paths, Minato does have basic knowledge.
Then there's his intelligence again. He'd likely go after Naraka Path first. Though if Nagato uses his 6 Paths intelligently and with good tactics, he should be able to beat Minato IMO.

TheAuraAngel
Well Minato has the advantage clearly when it comes to just Deva. While I don't think it's possible to transport a Shinra or Bansho Tensei, he would only have to get a kunai close enough to rasengan him. And he could always stop Chibaku by putting it elsewhere. He's smart enough to figure out the limit so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Now, what I would think he'd do against all 6 is try and separate them from one another and kill them quickly. A neat trick I think he could pull that Pain might not expect is killing one Path(I'd pick Animal or Petra personally because the have the most annoying abilities I think) and placing a seal on it. When Naraka goes to fix it, he's gotten a good taste of a rasengan to the face. He could also have a lot of fun with Asura Path, using his space ninjutsu shield to reflect his attacks to take out the others.

King Kandy
I don't think that he would "stomp" deva, though he would win. No way is he beating all 6 paths.

Darth Angel
Why not? He could easily separe them with Hirashin, or even better, tag them all. Then when only Deva path remanis Minato just have to throw a tagged kunai, if deva didn't reflect it with shinra and just dodge it then rasengan in the face, if he does it, well, then he can get close and rasengan in the face again or just throw another one and rasengan in the face (5 second interval is huge for someone as fast as Minato plus hirashin).

Kento
A Shinra Tensei to stop a shuriken will probably end with a Shinra Tensei big enough to also hit Minato. And if Minato is hit with a move that one shots Gamabunta....Minato is out.

Darth Angel
Why? Hirashin level 2 shows that he can teleport while he is moving/something tagged is moving in midair

Kento
He's going to teleport to his kunai, which will probably be at the end of the expanding shinra tensei?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kento
Minato would have to actually get close enough to Deva to put a seal on him for his FTG to work since a Kunai just gets Shinra Tensei's along with Minato. Unless Nagato doesn't get to know anything about Minato so he doesn't use Shinra Tensei and lets the kunai get close.

We do know that the Raikage was so absurdly fast that the Sharingan had a hard time keeping up...and someone said that he was as fast as Minato, so he's more than fast enough, without his FTG technique, to beat down the Pains, imo.

Naruto was fast, for sure. I don't think he is as fast as the Raikage, in Sage mode, though.

I'd expect the Raikage to quickly take out 3-4 pains before anything significant could happen, at all, from the Pain side. Minato doesn't have the destructive power or strength that Raikage does, but he is more than deadly enough to take out at least 3 pains in a one or two seconds before the almighty push occurs. As soon as that push occurs, he can easily teleport out of it to an intelligently placed seal, and then jump right back into the mix without Pain knowing too much.

Well, that assumes that he gets to place his seals a few places, before Pain attacks.

What does the thread starter say? Seals everywhere like it was against "Madara", or only seals placed after the fight starts?

Q99
While he was fast, FTG looked faster in practice to me.

Also importantly, though, is FTG allows some tricks that Raikage's lightning speed doesn't due to being teleportation. Like if he has a kunai or seal and Deva blasts but the blast doesn't hit the kunai, he can teleport strait to the seal and avoid the push.

So Minato can pull tricks like throwing a kunai in the air over Deva, one right at Deva, and one back a ways, and if Deva does a small push, teleporting to the one that doesn't get pushed away, and the third if there's a 360 big push.

Probably not.

I don't think it'll be that easy with them covering each other, remember the problems Sage Jiraiya had in melee. Even with his speed, they won't drop fast until he gets them on their own.

AsbestosFlaygon
Minato is faster no doubt about that.
And as smart as he is, Minato will likely find out about the 5 sec delay.

Still, I give the win to Pein.
I know we've never seen his full potential, but it seemed to me that his Rinnegan's potential was limitless.

Gecko4lif
I thin deva pein beat minato

Aoe is exactly what you need to take this dude out

Bentley
Pein wins at the end if he doesn't PIS and is at full power.

RE: Blaxican
I think Minato's really overrated to be honest. The only thing he's got under his belt is the almost instantaneous hiraishin ability (It requires him to throw the tag first, so really he's only as fast the tag), and some obscure seals that don't really have any practical combat abilities. He did well against Madara because Madara sucks and only has one ability that only works one way. I might give Minato the majority here, due to his speed, but I'm a bit undecided on how well he'll deal with all of the abilities open to the 6 paths.

Naija boy
Minato beats Deva but ddfinitely loses to all 6.

Q99
Since it's teleportation instead of simply fast movement, he can avoid even AoE attacks with proper timing.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I think Minato's really overrated to be honest. The only thing he's got under his belt is the almost instantaneous hiraishin ability (It requires him to throw the tag first, so really he's only as fast the tag), and some obscure seals that don't really have any practical combat abilities.

I'd say as fast as his preparation, he can place seals before he needs to get to a particular location after all. Using the space-time jutsu to relocate enemy attacks is useful too.

Demonic Phoenix
BUMP.

How would Minato do against a solo, Healthy Nagato?

ichigo12
Well, if Deva used Shinra Tensei Nagato would be weak, now my opinion:

1.Minato OWNS Deva Path.
2. Minato jumps in the air, throws a lot of his kunais surrounding the paths, then teleport to one, then to another and to another and in that process with a kunai killing all paths.

TheAuraAngel
Minato can beat Nagato.

Not sure about the Paths.

Q99
Healthy Nagato would be somewhat tricky- whenever Minato ports close, he can just pulse gravity 360 and push him away.

Still, Minato's high-speed style combined with often using a kunai for a kill means that if he can lure out a pulse, then he can certainly take advantage of the recharge time.

It might take an attack run or two, but Minato'll win. While Nagato in one body is better against some foes, Namizake is not one of them, he'd be better off with the paths.

Originally posted by ichigo12
Well, if Deva used Shinra Tensei Nagato would be weak, now my opinion:

1.Minato OWNS Deva Path.
2. Minato jumps in the air, throws a lot of his kunais surrounding the paths, then teleport to one, then to another and to another and in that process with a kunai killing all paths.

Not that easy, remember how coordinated all the paths are, they just have to watch each other.

Normally Minato can jump into someone's blind spot or where they aren't expecting, but Pain has no blind spots and can be ready to counterattack him whereever he hops in.

Also, Deva path's gravity pulse can remove all the scattered kunai, which'd be super annoying.

Demonic Phoenix
What if Nagato's flying?
Also, I'm not sure Nagato has a 5 second lag-time for his Gravity abilities when he's using them himself, and his Preta Path ability would be annoying as well.

Multi-headed dog would also be annoying for Minato to deal with, but he does have Gamabunta. Other summons would mean Nagato's blind-spots could get covered.

That said, yeah, seeing as Minato's better suited to 1 on 1 combat if there are high level foes in question, he has better odds against a solo Nagato than he does the 6 Paths.

ichigo12
Naahh Minato wins, now this thread can die.

Demonic Phoenix
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/12/129156065197827207.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
What if Nagato's flying?
Also, I'm not sure Nagato has a 5 second lag-time for his Gravity abilities when he's using them himself, and his Preta Path ability would be annoying as well.

I think the delay is still there. At least, it wasn't shown to be gone.

One of the annoying thing is having both gravity and preta on. The former stops most physical attacks and the latter most everything else.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, I think there would be a delay, but it wouldn't be as long as 5 seconds. After all, the delay can vary, but 5 seconds was the shortest time delay for Deva Path.
As Nagato isn't just limited to ST/BT, he can do other things during that delay.

Gravity can stop ninjutsu as well. Deva's stopped a Rasenshuriken.

Q99
The force push really is an awesome ability for both defense and offense.

Damborgson
I think he'd beat Deva path. Any kunais landing near Deva would be blown away by almighty push, but if Minato can throw one right after he's hit or right after the pulse, he should be able to take Deva out before the recharge is complete.

He isn't beating all 6 of them.

Tacitus
We've already justified that Minato would win against normal Deva, but what about a different Deva, say Toon Deva...

socool8520
Minato stomps all the paths. He could teleport to each one and take them out one at a time. What good is the shared vision if his attacks are instant? It will already be to late for whichever path he attacks when the other paths see it. Besides none of the other paths have shown great durability outside of the deva path. Hell, Konahamoru took one out with a weak rasengan.

Q99
They'll be poised to attack the space near each other, attacking the moment he arrives. Don't forget the 'using their abilities to knock away the kunai so he doesn't have them surrounded by teleport locations.

Deva's move is about as instant if it's not recharging.

I'll note with just the eyes, Deva was able to avoid Kakashi's chidori pretty easily. Asura has multiple limbs with which to strike back in a fashion similar to what Killerbee threatened, etc..

Asura certainly has. The one Konohamaru took out, (1) wasn't actually killed, just wounded, and (2) is easily the physically weakest. It's the support/healer body.

In terms of physical power, it goes Asura, Deva and Human (soul sucking), Preta, Animal and Naraka.

Human Path was able to go melee with Sage Jiriaya and block his shots.

socool8520
Originally posted by Q99
They'll be poised to attack the space near each other, attacking the moment he arrives. Don't forget the 'using their abilities to knock away the kunai so he doesn't have them surrounded by teleport locations.

Deva's move is about as instant if it's not recharging.

I'll note with just the eyes, Deva was able to avoid Kakashi's chidori pretty easily. Asura has multiple limbs with which to strike back in a fashion similar to what Killerbee threatened, etc..

Asura certainly has. The one Konohamaru took out, (1) wasn't actually killed, just wounded, and (2) is easily the physically weakest. It's the support/healer body.

In terms of physical power, it goes Asura, Deva and Human (soul sucking), Preta, Animal and Naraka.

Human Path was able to go melee with Sage Jiriaya and block his shots.

he doesn't have to use Knives. He can seal the ground in various places and teleport there. Unless the paths tear up the ground, they aren't moving that. Not too mention he can teleport as the kunai is moving as well as tag them with a seal. If he could tag Tobi, he can tag the paths. he is also faster than Naruto was in sage mode so his Taijutsu should suffice and he has toads to even odds. If naruto could pull out a W, then I'm pretty sure a smarter, faster Minato with teleporting capabilities could do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.