Ghost?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Luminous
What is everyones thoughts on the Paranormal? Does it exist or is it all a myth?

Ax3l
Jesus doesn't exist, therefor ghosts don't exist.

Scythe
To me, just worm food, ashes, or possibly some bodies floatin' around in the ocean. Though I respect people's views of a great beyond and such, if they respect mine only.

you get thorns
ghost2

Scythe
Somebody get Bill Murray in here, we've got a small problem.

Rogue Jedi
Never seen a ghost. But then again I've never seen Jesus.

King Castle
its all interdimensional and psionic echoes.. geek

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Master Luminous
What is everyones thoughts on the Paranormal? Does it exist or is it all a myth?

I do not believe in the supernatural. So, ghosts will have to be proven by showing how they effect the real world, and so far, there has been no proof.

King Castle
here you go proof:

9FkYFxUSAJY shifty

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by King Castle
here you go proof:

shifty

YouTube is blocked on my computer, but I really don't need to see it. I would not consider anything on YouTube creatable.

King Castle
it is stolen KGB files on ghost experiment and haunting as well as other psychics..

now whether you believe in ghost or not it is fine but to ignore and be unwilling to watch the experiments is uncool... it lumps you in with "them"

you know those ppl that we look down on and frown on their close mindless

4jgMzcRxxEE&feature=related

at least watch this one when you get home.

Rogue Jedi
It's bullschlaka.

Shakyamunison
it is stolen KGB files on ghost experiment and haunting as well as other psychics..

now whether you believe in ghost or not it is fine but to ignore and be unwilling to watch the experiments is uncool... it lumps you in with "them"

you know those ppl that we look down on and frown on their close mindless

at least watch this one when you get home.

If I have time. I have looked into this subject in the past. I would love to see creatable evidence, but I have been disappointed so many times in the past that I now don't even pay attendance. I guess too many TV shows of people whispering and getting fake scared, cast in a green night vision screen, for me to take it serious.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It's bullschlaka.

King Castle
spam(reported).

anyways i think there are things that have yet to be identified by mainstream science all and all anything is possible

Rogue Jedi
Aw. Nah, I don't believe in them. Why would something stick around here when they have a chance to move to a higher plane of existence?

Ax3l
Well, with Quantum theories and whatnot. Possibilities are endless.

King Castle
Originally posted by Ax3l
Well, with Quantum theories and whatnot. Possibilities are endless. and bingo is my name-o.

thumb up

Rogue Jedi
Wouldn't Bingo be his-name-o?

Shakyamunison
Aw. Nah, I don't believe in them. Why would something stick around here when they have a chance to move to a higher plane of existence?

Higher plane of existence? You might as well believe in ghosts. You just don't believe that stick around. stick out tongue

Ax3l
I mean, if people from other universes found a way to come to our Universe, which they probably already have and we just don't know it, they could actually show up as an apparition, or anything for that matter.

We need to put our scientist to work to figure out how to travel through the multi-verse. I'm not doubting that some company is doing this right now, under the radar. Maybe even accomplished it. Who knows?

Rogue Jedi
I'd do the YuLaw thing.

King Castle
we have some universities experimenting on time travel using lasers which iirc correctly they already succeeded only one slight problem. 1) they can send information through but have no means to collect it.

its like only having a one way radio and no receiver.

but, the possibilities..

Ax3l
I remember that film. I'm also reading another, fictional book about someone who figured out how to travel through the multi-verse. Quite interesting.

Written by Michael Crichton, so the science in it is pretty solid.

Ax3l
we have some universities experimenting on time travel using lasers which iirc correctly they already succeeded only one slight problem. 1) they can send information through but have no means to collect it.

its like only having a one way radio and no receiver.

but, the possibilities.. See, the thing is, if there the multi-verse theories tell us anything, there is a possibility that someone from another Universe have already tried this, and succeeded. So, maybe we're sending something, and they figured out how to receive it.

You never know.

Rogue Jedi
Think about it, if someone could travel between multiverses and figure'd out that they could kill their alter ego, getting stronger and faster with each kill, surely someone would do it.

Ax3l
I doubt killing your other universe self would make you stronger in any way.

King Castle
here is the time travel experiment i am talking about.

its real.

oRWwI61so5Q

Rogue Jedi
I doubt killing your other universe self would make you stronger in any way. No way you can know that.

Ax3l
No way you can know that. That's why I said "I doubt" it could happen.

Guess there's no way either of us could know that.

King Castle
some theories say that we are just smaller parts of a larger whole like a hologram we have the information but there is a larger scale of us...

kirby style 4th world.

Rogue Jedi
That's why I said "I doubt" it could happen.

Guess there's no way either of us could know that. You have a device that allows travel between dimensions. You have a loaded gun in your hand. You find out that by killing each of your alter egos in each dimension you become stronger, like YuLaw. Do you do it?

King Castle
i would need to rationalize it b4 i could make a decision either way.

Ax3l
Depends on if they know this or not. I mean, if Universe A Ax3l is coming after Universe B Ax3l and I'm Universe C Ax3l, I'll watch and let 'em take eachother out. Then go in and take out the winner. So I am the awesome. I'm the way awesome.

King Castle
what happens when axel D shows up?

Rogue Jedi
i would need to rationalize it b4 i could make a decision either way. I'd at least visit and see them (covertly of course), for the lulz. Maybe kill the scumbags.

That ACDC Chick
ive seen plenty of ghosts in my lifetime to make me a believer

Rogue Jedi
boo.

King Castle
yeh, they usually hang out in government building and kkk rallies

Rogue Jedi
If a "friendly" ghost appeared before me, like Casper, I'd still freak out.

That ACDC Chick
cant resist showing this
KedGncdV-T4

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Cherrywild
I believe in ghosts, or entities or whatever ( in my mind ) gets 'left behind' sometimes.

Digi
Reading this thread literally made my brain hurt. There's a certain point at which I just have to cut my losses and not try to combat outright lunacy.

I do not believe in ghosts. There's my opinion.

~Bun Bun~
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
cant resist showing this
KedGncdV-T4

Haha!!! laughing out loud

I'm a believer yes

King Castle
Originally posted by Digi
Reading this thread literally made my brain hurt. There's a certain point at which I just have to cut my losses and not try to combat outright lunacy.

I do not believe in ghosts. There's my opinion. i know you dont believe in the after life and the paranormal but pls tell us with who u dont agree with and why?

Impediment
I believe in residual leftover energy, so, yes, I believe in ghosts as wandering energy, but not in the religious/spiritual sense.

StarCraft2
Terran ghost nukes.

Digi
i know you dont believe in the after life and the paranormal but pls tell us with who u dont agree with and why?

At the risk of wasting my time in an OTF thread, I'll bite on this.

These is no positive evidence for ghosts or what we would consider 'paranormal' affects. None. The supposed evidence that does exist is either anecdotal, unconfirmed and unable to be confirmed, performed without proper double-blind controls and/or by those whose biases cause them to misrepresent claims and findings, or all of the above.

The most damning point that supports my above assertion is that, for years, prizes have been available that total in the millions of dollars to anyone who can provide evidence for anything considered outside the realm of traditional science. The tests must be properly controlled and observed by unbiased professionals. The most public is the million that has been and is still available from James "The Amazing" Randi to anyone able to do so, though there are others as well. And that prize money is literally drops in the bucket compared to the money one would make anyway if you could confirm such phenomenon. The claims tested have ranged from spoon bending, talking to the dead, ESP, ghosts, remote viewing, telekinesis, and many others. So far, thousands of entrants, zero winners, and countless excuses. One would think that at least 1 person could claim the prize if their claims were real. Just one. But no.

One would also think that if, say, the ghost TV shows were real, we'd have hundreds teams of scientists fighting to document their findings in scientific journals, jockeying to be the first to confirm and catalog paranormal activity. Billions of dollars in marketing and research funding would be on the line. Instead, we have shock-value shows set up as a reality program, providing entertainment but not real scientific rigor.

The "open mind" advocates, who chastise those who dismiss such things as a legit possibility, are another plague upon logic. If we are to be "open" to every unconfirmed possibility, however remote, such a position supports believing in an infinite number of absurd claims. Everything and anything is "possible" in the strictest definition of the word. Very few paranormal claims are "plausible," which is where the reasonable line should be drawn upon belief. Also, the line that science doesn't explain everything currently is completely true. But that does not immediately mean that ghosts, or anything else, is true. "Science doesn't know everything" isn't evidence for anything.

A host of cognitive, psychological, and sociological reasons contribute to peoples' belief in such things, and can help to explain even what initially seem to be absurd stories or coincidences. I won't go into them in detail, but they are heavily documented and tested phenomenon within the human mind that contribute to belief in all manner of things.

I love exemplifying this point with this web-comic:
http://xkcd.com/373/
Which is intended to be humorous, but contains more than a grain of truth to it. When the burden of proof here lies squarely on believers, a series of suppositions and 'what-ifs' doesn't cut it. It doesn't take brilliance to look upon such claims with a skeptical eye. It just takes a willingness to discard fantasy for reality, and to wait for legitimate evidence before believing in something.

ADarksideJedi
Inless I see one I don't believe in Ghost and never will.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
I believe in residual leftover energy, so, yes, I believe in ghosts as wandering energy, but not in the religious/spiritual sense. Kinda like air farts, yeah?

Mindship
Originally posted by Master Luminous
What is everyones thoughts on the Paranormal? Does it exist or is it all a myth? Apparently it may exist for certain species of mollusks...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3UeNCklhUusQZfhZ-Gdec0PN_pQD9H45MC80

I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop regarding fudged predictions, or how people's predictions faired by comparison, because taken at face value, Paul's performance is quite the eyebrow raiser.

King Castle
@digi

i hate you why you always gotta ruin every ones good time with your logic..

its like going to a drug and sex party and you bring a projector and talk about gonorrhea and then blacken lungs and the effect of drugs by showing ppl a smelly metaldehyde brain and when you are finish you call every one stupid and morons and tell them u wont participate.. having everyone wonder who invited him in the 1st place

Digi
@digi

i hate you why you always gotta ruin every ones good time with your logic..

its like going to a drug and sex party and you bring a projector and talk about gonorrhea and then blacken lungs and the effect of drugs by showing ppl a smelly metaldehyde brain and when you are finish you call every one stupid and morons and tell them u wont participate.. having everyone wonder who invited him in the 1st place

Not my fault this time dude. I was taking the high road and not coming down with the hammer. You were the one that pressed me for my opinion.
uhuh

Besides, I've always failed to see how logically shutting down a belief in the paranormal is ruining a good time. Is deluding yourself a desirable behavior? The universe is awesome enough without having to believe in unfounded nonsense. We can still dream of crazy, implausible, awesome things and have a great time doing it. Just so long as we realize that they're just that, implausible.

King Castle
you know some of us tried to give other possibilities other then simply saying no. from misinterpreting what one believes to see and not being paranormal but something else entirely even to a quantum event.. we can speculate without having to be d@$^s about.. i'm still mad you ruined my myth thread.. miffed

what are you a scientist? geek

why is so hard to even tolerate and speculate about transdimensional beings or higher life forms and higher space?

why they gotta be ghost and hence not real nor possible?

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Digi
Not my fault this time dude. I was taking the high road and not coming down with the hammer. You were the one that pressed me for my opinion.
uhuh

Besides, I've always failed to see how logically shutting down a belief in the paranormal is ruining a good time. Is deluding yourself a desirable behavior? The universe is awesome enough without having to believe in unfounded nonsense. We can still dream of crazy, implausible, awesome things and have a great time doing it. Just so long as we realize that they're just that, implausible.
the same could be said for religion

King Castle
he does say that about religion all the time...facepalm

he steals hope from the hopeless and faith from the faithless..

he is like Grinch that way.

some of us may not believe a certain religion we argue consistency and facts of the scripture.. he skips it all and goes straight to the punchline.

YOUR GAWD IS NOT REAL NEVER HAS BN OR WILL BE... ITS JUST WISHFUL THINKING

That ACDC Chick
but thats what religion basically is, mass delusion haermm
people believe that a Jewish guy was born in a stable, his mom was a virgin, that he could walk on water and cure the sick, and that when they crucified him, he came back as a zombie three days later

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is.

King Castle
uhh... but we can argue if it was highly probable that a hebrew family once lived in ancient times and lack of resources would have bn sufficient reason to give birth in a small cave or barn..

however unlikely of his supposed miracles and resurrection we can talk whether he was killed on the crucifixion or not.. and if ppl simply made it up and if it was at all based on some factual event.

you dont have to believe in miracles nor jesus in order to discuss the probability of his story and if it was at all based on some factual event..

i can give you examples of some events that did occur and were blown out of proportion from the person there.

same could have happen to emmanuel and his story.

That ACDC Chick
well, no duh
for centuries people have been telling tall tales, whether they be fishing stories, hunting stories, ghost stories, or what have you, but this just happens to be one tall tale that most of the world believes in after 2000 years

Digi
you know some of us tried to give other possibilities other then simply saying no.

I do this all the time. I think you missed the point of my possible/plausible argument.

from misinterpreting what one believes to see and not being paranormal but something else entirely even to a quantum event.. we can speculate without having to be d@$^s about.. i'm still mad you ruined my myth thread.. miffed

Like I said, you asked me to.

srug

why is so hard to even tolerate and speculate about transdimensional beings or higher life forms and higher space?

It's not hard to speculate. But speculation and belief are entirely different enterprises. The first is exciting and within the bounds of reason. The second is willfully deluding yourself for the sake of something you want to be true.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
the same could be said for religion

Indeed it could.

he does say that about religion all the time...facepalm

he steals hope from the hopeless and faith from the faithless..

I do no such thing. I merely present my beliefs, and my reasons for believing them. How you choose to take it is your own thing. If my opinions are really so demoralizing to you, it begs the question of how secure you are in them. Because my intent is never to convert, only to explain myself.

King Castle
it doesnt bother me i am messing with you but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

exchange britney with me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.