Best straight to video movie ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TinyDancer99
Theaters pass them by, moviegoers hold up their noses, but direct-to-video movies gain cult followings by those who appreciate and love them. My question... which ones hold a special place in your heart?

My top three:

1. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I think I watched a midnight show with my dad one night when couldn't sleep. The sequel, almost as good, esp. with George Clooney.

2. Just Can't Get Enough. This classic about the Chippendale murders of the 80s always makes me smile. Tons of club scenes, and one guy is the "Unknown Stripper." Guess where he puts his paper bag. laughing

3. American Psycho 2. Anything with William Shatner is worth two hours of my time.

Any comments???

Tiny

mah
Killer Tomatoes is absolutely no good

Thomas H
how is it possible to like killer tomatoes...do you use drugs?

Jimmy Cokes
I dunno guys, I think you're being too hard on Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Considering Tiny's two other choices, I'd say her top three lean heavily towards kitsch and you gotta respect that.

And hey, if you don't like hers (his?), then post your own.

1. Sol Goode - Swingers redux w/ Balthazar Getty, Carmen Electra, Jamie Kennedy, Natasha Gregson Wagner. Funny, funny stuff. Aired once on the Dubbya Bee. Now it's just bootlegged. Anyone know if this thing is ever coming out officially? It's really a lost gem.

2. G.I. Joe - The Movie - There's really no reason to continue this thread. Nemesis Enforcer rocks my world.

3. Boondock Saits - Worthy of my list only because people either love it a lot or hate it deeply.

So, who else has a good one?

Jimmy Cokes

Thomas H
Boondock Saints is superb, and to this date I have never heard a person who tink it sucks...so i really dont understand why it never was screened...it got good reviews as well, a reel action classic!

Jimmy Cokes
I've heard from a number of people who can't stand it, ripping it as stylish for the sake of being stylish, a soulless Pulp Fiction-wannabe with no reason for existing other than to posture as a "cool" movie when in fact it's about nothing, an exercize in slick emptiness.

Anyway, that's just what I've heard.

Jimmy

finti
Boondock Saints?????????? we turned it off and went to the pub instead

TinyDancer99
i stand by my choice for killer tomatoes. drugs have nothing to do with it. smokin' perhaps i just need a few suggestions for other straight-to-video campiness that will fill my rainy saturdays afternoons.

share your favorites...can anyone possibly tell me a classic that is better than the killer tomatoes?

tiny

mah
Bad Taste

mechmoggy
Boondock Saints is a class film. cool

BackFire349
i didnt care for boondock saints either.

Thomas H
its superb, some of the coolest shotouts ever!

finti
never finished it

Thomas H
you should, its simply GOOD!

finti
the part I saw sucked so bad I turned it off, and that doesnt happen very often. Last time was Birtday Girl with Nicole Kidman

Thomas H
I have never shut a movie down when I have seen it form the start, im proud...I had serious problems with finishing 2001 a Space Odessey, but luckily I saw it with a friend (billy the kid) and we talked and laughed of the movie, and how bad it was...

I also had problems seeing the hole Godfather 1 and 2!

Jimmy Cokes
You laughed at how bad 2001 was? And you never say the "hole" of either of the first two godfathers? Yikes, I'm not sure what to say to that. I mean those are really good movies. And to paraphrase The Dude "That's not just... my opinion, man." I mean, those are really great flicks.

Eh, whatevah.

Jimmy

mah
agreed, jimmy

finti
2001 was a major drag so are the godfather flicks, all 3 of them

TinyDancer99
um, although this conversation *is* compelling, everyone has heard of 2001 and i hear that the godfather movies are pretty well known, too. what i want to know is the diamonds in the rough... what are some of your favorite straight to videos that deserve respect, dammit!

side note, i am looking for a copy of "just can't get enough," i just gotta own that one, anyone know where i can find a copy???

tiny

Thomas H
Well, I have seen them trough Jimmy...and the SUCK....most overrated movies of all time!

finti
Star Trek Nemesis will go straight to video/dvd here in Norway, just wanted to mention it. At least some people make some good decision

Thomas H
Star Trek is bad!

finti
goes without saying

Thomas H
hehe

TinyDancer99
anyone have any suggestions for good straight-to-videos to recommend??? diamonds in the rough??? good, bad, doesn't matter, just as long as it's enjoyable.

finti
Daredevil, Spiderman 2, Hulk, X men 2, Matrix 2 &3

Tex
Best straight to video movie ever, and finti you'll love this one, is 1995's Theodore Rex.

It features the fabulous Whoppi Golderg as a futuristic cop whoose new partner is a Dinosaur!!

Genius classic work of art!!!!stick out tongue
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/97/71/80m.gif

It was a tie between this or Leprechaun 5- Leprechaun in the Hood
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/75/34/50m.jpg
stick out tongue

finti
Leprechaun in the Hood laughing out loud oh brother probably just as good as those comic hero flicks though

GOONIEGIRL
Lep in da hood, up to no good! That movie rocked! rock

Tex
I thought it went : Lep in da hood, come to do no good, lep in the hood!

Yeah, that part at the end was genius!! A rappin leprechaun!

GOONIEGIRL
laughing out loud Either way, it was funny as....well, you know.

TinyDancer99
wasn't theodore rex supposed to be released in theaters???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.