Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Kind of suprised there's no thread for this. Just because there's no superheroes?
...Well, there's superheroic fighting, even if it does take place at raves & such.
It opens August 13!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim_vs._the_World

I-Drop
Saw a screening last night. Good film. Very funny

Robtard
I'm torn on seeing this. Preview makes it seem like it might be a dumb, but funny movie, but I'm grown tired of Michael Cera.

He plays virtually the same character in every film.

BruceSkywalker
don't think i will see this, but will see if anyone convinces me too

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
Kind of suprised there's no thread for this. Just because there's no superheroes?

Well i know that theres other comic books out there besides the superheros ones but this one in particular just does'nt interest me.

SnakeEyes
The internet/geek community has been going insane over this for some time, and will go even MORE insane once it's actually released.

Personally, I'm not that excited... I read the first volume of the Scott Pilgrim series and was unimpressed/underwhelmed after all the praise I'd heard/read. I will, however, see the film for Edgar Wright.

RE: Blaxican
The girl looks annoying. I feel like I'll find myself scratching my head throughout the entire movie over why Cera is going through so much trouble over this woman.

I don't know. Am I the only one who is turned off my women who've had 20 boyfriends in the course of a couple of years?

roughrider
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The girl looks annoying. I feel like I'll find myself scratching my head throughout the entire movie over why Cera is going through so much trouble over this woman.

I don't know. Am I the only one who is turned off my women who've had 20 boyfriends in the course of a couple of years?

She seems to have a quality that makes men obsess about her(plus lesbians.) That's why her exes have banded together to make sure no one else can have her. big grin

roughrider
Just saw it last night - it was awesome! thumb up

As one reviewer put it - "It's too bad that this film isn't really based on a video game. Then we could safely say it's the best video game movie ever!"

http://www.spill.com/Movie-Reviews/MovieReview.aspx?Name=Scott%20Pilgrim%20vs.%20the%20World&VideoId=446336

SnakeEyes
I actually really liked this movie. Way more than what I read of the comic. One of the best films this year, largely due to how awesome Edgar Wright is.

Entity
Me n my girl went n saw it this weekend and it was a very funny movie. Jus a good time to go out n enjoy some fun nonsense with her I thought.

(>^^)>
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I actually really liked this movie. Way more than what I read of the comic. One of the best films this year, largely due to how awesome Edgar Wright is.
i would have to say, it's awesome due more to bryan lee o'malley, there aren't really many lines that arent taken or slightly altered from the book, the fights were changed but usually kept the basis, and the ending different due to it being made before the books were finished, Edgar wright just did a great job putting it into a movie, however it could have easily been made into 2 movies, just simply because it was very fast paced, however that probably contributed to it's greatness, not entirely sured

willRules
Picked up vol 1-4 back in 2007/8 and loved it so picked up the final two as soon as they were released. At the time I would have rated it as one of the best comics written. Now, well, maybe top ten. The movie was the best and one of the most faithful comic book adaptions so far.

(>^^)>
it was indeed one of the most faithful and best

spidermanrocks
I can't wait to see this. I don't want to see it yet until I finish reading all of the books. Once I finish all of them, the FIRST thing I will do is see this film.

willRules
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I can't wait to see this. I don't want to see it yet until I finish reading all of the books. Once I finish all of them, the FIRST thing I will do is see this film.

If you like the books, You'll love the movie. It was made to be put into a film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.