One Manga Scanlations Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
One Manga scanlations are going to be pulled from the site due to publishers no longer wanting to provide free scans (at least, that's what I think is what's going on). The removal of scans will be gradual, but the One Manga Forum and message board will continue to be active.

No more posting of feats via OM. sad

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by XanatosForever
One Manga scanlations are going to be pulled from the site due to publishers no longer wanting to provide free scans (at least, that's what I think is what's going on). The removal of scans will be gradual, but the One Manga Forum and message board will continue to be active.

No more posting of feats via OM. sad

I heard about that as well. That sucks. sad

Q99
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I heard about that as well. That sucks. sad

Yea, but it's kind of the inevitable thing that'd happen sooner or later, 'until the owners ask me to stop' has long been the mantra of the fan translator. If publishers want to go online themselves (and at least one has just launched a site), they don't want to compete with already established sites that offer their content already.

Quincy
Such a drag

Ridley_Prime
Uuuuuuugh. Fuuuuuuuuuuu-

FinalAnswer
http://img.youtube.com/vi/7WdHUc29w1Y/0.jpg

NemeBro
What about 1000manga?

I am pretty sure it is made by the same people, any word on it?

King Kandy
What's the best alternative?

XanatosForever
Honestly, One Manga is the only place for scans I've known of for a while. If anyone else knows of good alternatives, feel free to mention them or even link them in this thread.

TheAuraAngel
MangaBleachExile is okay from what I've seen.

Q99
I predict more sites will start moving to just carrying unlicensed manga again.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Honestly, One Manga is the only place for scans I've known of for a while. If anyone else knows of good alternatives, feel free to mention them or even link them in this thread. http://www.mangastream.com/

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
http://www.mangastream.com/

Yeah, this one.

And this one appears to have just as much.

King Kandy
But I can only find the most recent four chapters or so on mangastream.

TheAuraAngel
I thought Mangastream had a habit of getting rid of the chapters after so long.

NemeBro
I thought Mangastream had a habit of getting rid of the chapters after so long. That's retarded.

I didn't use onemanga for reading recent chapters that update, since manga.bleachexile almost always has chapters first, I used onemanga to check out new series.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Onemanga is closing. That's sux... sad

Now I need to find another site. mangafox is fine too.

Oh, and I heard that 1000manga will be closed as well. Now I can't read Grappler Baki series anymore... -__-

NemeBro
I need to find a new place to read Veritas.

Lame.

Ridley_Prime
This is the most retarded thing to happen to the internet in awhile.

StyleTime
I rarely read manga online, so I am not knowledgeable on this topic.

I will add this site though. I use mangafox when searching for a new series to buy. I don't know if that site is common knowledge or what, but noone mentioned it.

Hopefully it'll help someone.

NemeBro
Mangafox generally has a pretty similar selection to Onemanga, yeah.

Esomark
My friend messaged me about this a while back but I kind of saw some writing on the wall, especially with how DH's big three (Berserk, Trigun, and Hellsing) being removed from the site.

I hope there's other sites who have Houshin Engi and JJBA on them.

Nemesis X
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner considering the fact that reading the Mangas from the sites for free instead of paying $10 (or more) for them can really butthurt the sales. Don't be thinking I support this, I too hate this for the fact that I now probably have to pay to catch up to what's going on in whatever series.

Q99
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner considering the fact that reading the Mangas from the sites for free instead of paying $10 (or more) for them can really butthurt the sales. Don't be thinking I support this, I too hate this for the fact that I now probably have to pay to catch up to what's going on in whatever series.

They'll probably be putting more online for cheaper prices too; it's just trying to put up a pay site is futile with free competition.

Astner
MangaBleachExile is okay from what I've seen.
Well, bleachexile.com is rather tedious to use for reading. You can't go from one chapter to the next by clicking on the image.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
http://www.mangastream.com/
They only have the dozen latest chapters or so, though they're quick in providing them.

I would use spectrumnexus.net. They have an enormous library and the scans are of decent quality.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Mangafox generally has a pretty similar selection to Onemanga, yeah.
mangafox.com will likely follow.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Sounds fair to be honest. It's licenced material and illegal to use for personal profit. onemanga.com get over a million hits from different users all over the world. The owners must make hundreds of thousands of dollars each month of that site.

Then again, there are always ways around it.

BloodRain
They'll all end up on the same path. Then we got no more manga online.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Astner
Sounds fair to be honest. It's licenced material and illegal to use for personal profit. onemanga.com get over a million hits from different users all over the world. The owners must make hundreds of thousands of dollars each month of that site.

Then again, there are always ways around it.

You are DEFINITELY correct.

That site makes over $286,956.60 a month.

http://www.webworth.info/site.php?url=www.onemanga.com

Astner
Originally posted by dadudemon

Well it was a guess, but I own a site dedicated to my graphic novel so I guess the numbers are stuck in the back of my head, though I'm sad to inform you that I make far less then onemanga.com.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Astner
Well it was a guess, but I own a site dedicated to my graphic novel so I guess the numbers are stuck in the back of my head, though I'm sad to inform you that I make far less then onemanga.com.

lol

No doubt you make far less than onemanga...unless of course, you had a blockbuster novel...which would mean I know about you...and I don't...

the end. But it can't be bad, at all. You have quite a bit of information to draw from. I don't know how your story telling abilities are, though.

So could you link me to your stuff? (Send it via PM, if you don't feel comfortable sharing it here.)

Q99
Originally posted by dadudemon

Minus costs.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Minus costs.

Data servers with routine backups, electricity, highspeed internet pipe to the data center, and "staff" costs. Nah, minimal.

We are looking at less than a $1000 a month for operating costs, not including "staff" salary.

Ban Mido
This kills me inside, I remember always rushing home, looking forward to a brand new chapter of my favorite manga back in the day. Still to this day it's always been my main source, although it always seemed as if a dark shadow loomed...some cold evil presence.....and now it's finally taking action..it's like watching a piece of me die......

Okay a tad dramatic but still no expression...I want me some free manga -__-.

Someone..go....idk..summon some natural disasters so everyone in the world will be too busy to care about cleaning up free manga ;D.

XanatosForever
You could always go to your local bookstore and just read them there without buying them. Unless, of course, you like the series enough, in which case you should certainly buy them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.