DC Universe Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8du7pQJJF0&videos=MoGyyknPYfM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Online

World of Warcraft, eat your heart out! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously dunno, how long this game will be around for... Enjoy the trailers/story mode features, but playing it is different story...

Discuss~

Konton
I've been following this for a while. Looks kind of bad, but fanboys will become addicted.

Gecko4lif
ba got owned

psycho gundam
by a sun amped superman

bbrem123
yea that supes was pretty friggin badass

Omega Vision
Originally posted by bbrem123
yea that supes was pretty friggin badass
Too bad they made him go out like a punk (really all the heroes went out like punks, especially Flash). Him losing all power as soon as a few chunks of kryptonite appear is pretty crappy.

Galan007
Wow @ BA's "SHAZAM!"

xmarksthespot
Apparently for the PS3 version, you don't need to pay for a subscription if you're on the paid PS+ service. At least according to this Newsarama liveblog.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Him losing all power as soon as a few chunks of kryptonite appear is pretty crappy.

Seems they got idea from the movies same sort of thing happend there.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Too bad they made him go out like a punk (really all the heroes went out like punks, especially Flash). Him losing all power as soon as a few chunks of kryptonite appear is pretty crappy.

yea that was ridiculously stupid

he went from making BA look like a ***** to human durability in one second

illadelph12
Lol @ Batman getting beat to death with a piece of scrap metal by Slade.

vansonbee
Originally posted by illadelph12
Lol @ Batman getting beat to death with a piece of scrap metal by Slade. Actual death of both Batman/Deathstroke, were by Joker Bazooka attack.

But Batman, did have a little spanking fun, before the let go.

ankur29
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
ba got owned

sad

jalek moye
This cinematic makes me feel like the game is wasted by being an mmo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jalek moye
This cinematic makes me feel like the game is wasted by being an mmo
DC Ultimate Alliance?

I'd play it.

Digi
Ultimate Alliance's format is too limiting. What I would like to see is something like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction's open environment, but with that crazy-uber power scales that you see in the video. Obviously they'll go for something like that anyway, but it's an MMO so it's won't be as fluid as, say, the Hulk or Spider-Man games. So I'd actually rather see them do this without multiplayer, or at least focus as much on single as multi.

That trailer is awesome. Unfortunately, it's not gameplay. Does not bode well for the game.

colossulrage
so i guess this is JUST strictly online..no like just put it in your ps3 and go like a normal game..sux cause i couls give a crap about online games

Gecko4lif
So flash was COMPLETELY useless? wow.

colossulrage
well not completely useless...he ran in slomo cool.lol

Bentley
Originally posted by Digi
Ultimate Alliance's format is too limiting. What I would like to see is something like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction's open environment, but with that crazy-uber power scales that you see in the video. Obviously they'll go for something like that anyway, but it's an MMO so it's won't be as fluid as, say, the Hulk or Spider-Man games. So I'd actually rather see them do this without multiplayer, or at least focus as much on single as multi.

That trailer is awesome. Unfortunately, it's not gameplay. Does not bode well for the game.

A game with both Superman and Batman with powersets does not bode well for itself.

BlackZero30x
i call BS on the BA/Superman thing

ankur29
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

thumb up

it's as credible as flash being slow enough to getting tagged by the shazam bolt

batdude123
It's a f*cking game trailer.

Quit acting so butthurt.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123
It's a f*cking game trailer.

Quit acting so butthurt.

thumb up

he was amped.

Originally posted by ankur29
thumb up

it's as credible as flash being slow enough to getting tagged by the shazam bolt

he was running toward adam, and wasn't moving as fast as the bolt.

Trackz
luthor stated that superman was tired from the battle and was weak, which is why he took that time to attack, in addition to that, he stated Braniac had been siphoning of the heroes powers.

Trailer was sick, I always love it when superman cuts loose.

StyleTime
This would probably be better as an action game with 2-4 players(online).

Select a hero and go hurt stuff with your friends.

Badabing
Liked the trailer.

Makes me wish comic book movies were CGI instead of using live action.

willRules
Originally posted by Badabing
Liked the trailer.

That's exactly what I thought!!!!

Well, in an ideal world, I'd want both.....

The gameplay looks as bad as the trailer looks good and the trailer looked amazing. Anyone else consistently amazed by the fact that war torn futures always have a time machine? Or that future Batman looks exactly like Russian Batman from Superman: Red Son?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Galan007
Wow @ BA's "SHAZAM!"

I also think Hal's ring had something to do with it, as it was glowing and they were focusing on it before Shazam was said.

RE: Blaxican
Gameplay wise it looks exactly like City of Heroes. no expression

StyleTime
I thought that too. I liked City of Heroes, but I'm not sure if I'd play again just to see like.....Deathstroke.

StiltmanFTW
Awesome trailer.

Omega Vision
Sunamped Superman wrecked Darkseid, he could wreck Black Adam. Quit QQing. stick out tongue

ares834
Awesome trailer. Unfortently the game doesn't look as awesome... Too bad it is an MMO, also according to ign the subscription fee is $14.99. erm

But I was very glad to see BA. His Shazam was Fin epic!

Digi
Liked the trailer.

This.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ares834
Awesome trailer. Unfortently the game doesn't look as awesome... Too bad it is an MMO, also according to ign the subscription fee is $14.99. erm

But I was very glad to see BA. His Shazam was Fin epic!
$15 a month is pretty common for an MMO these days.

Sanford.
Liked the trailer.

I concurrrrr.

Also, arguing over legitimacy of character portrayals in a trailer for an MMO is srs business.

Omega Vision
The voice cast looks pretty good.

The voice cast consists of many actors who previously played their characters in various other DC projects.

* Adam Baldwin as Superman/Clark Kent (Superman: Doomsday)
* Kevin Conroy as Batman/Bruce Wayne (DCAU projects, Batman: Gotham Knight, Arkham Asylum games, Superman/Batman films)
* Mark Hamill as The Joker (DCAU projects, Arkham Asylum games)
* James Marsters as Lex Luthor and Brainiac (Superman: Doomsday and Smallville)
* Greg Cipes as Beast Boy (Teen Titans tv series, Teen Titans video game, Trouble in Tokyo film)
* Khary Payton as Cyborg (Teen Titans tv series, Teen Titans video game, Trouble in Tokyo film)
* Summer Glau as Supergirl/Kara Zor-El (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse)
* Patrick Seitz as Deathstroke/Slade Wilson (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
* Michael Rosenbaum as The Flash/Wally West (Justice League/Justice League Unlimited)
* Maria Canals Barrera as Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol (Justice League/Justice League Unlimited)
* Diedrich Bader as Solomon Grundy (Batman: The Brave and the Bold)
* Jennifer Hale as Zatanna (Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Brave and the Bold)
* Powers Boothe as Gorilla Grodd (Justice League/Justice League Unlimited)

and the rest consists of new actors for familiar characters.

* Gina Torres as Wonder Woman
* Michelle Forbes as Circe
* Yuri Lowenthal as Nightwing
* Tony Todd as Darkseid

My biggest gripe is that they didn't get Michael Ironside to voice Darkseid. No, instead they got the ****ing Candy Man. That's some old bullshit. Also not getting Ron Perlman for Deathstroke and Clancy Brown for Luthor is pretty shitty.

-Pr-
iirc Gina Torres already voiced Wonder Woman in the Crisis On Two Earths movie.

Q99
The heroes seemed inconsistently nerfed. WW was pretty low-powered (I hate it that she always gets nerfed), looked like a non-flying spider-man level meleer. But Flash! Wow, he really got it bad, at least WW was still able to toss around robots.

Tron
Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc Gina Torres already voiced Wonder Woman in the Crisis On Two Earths movie.

She voiced Superwoman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tron
She voiced Superwoman.

ah, my bad.

TheMagicPillow
Any one else like it as much as i do?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Any one else like it as much as i do? Do you have to buy it then pay to play it?

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Do you have to buy it then pay to play it?

You have to buy it ($60 for PS3, $50 for Pc) but you get 1 month free to try it out first. So far i'm definitely going to pay to play when the month is up big grin

Black bolt z
You have to buy it ($60 for PS3, $50 for Pc) but you get 1 month free to try it out first. So far i'm definitely going to pay to play when the month is up big grin I might pay to play but I'm not going to get it if I have to buy it.

Because I'm sure once you try it you can't return it if you don't like it.

TheMagicPillow
I might pay to play but I'm not going to get it if I have to buy it.

Because I'm sure once you try it you can't return it if you don't like it.

Do you have gamefly? Depending on where you get it you could always take it back to if you don't like it.

Black bolt z
Do you have gamefly? Depending on where you get it you could always take it back to if you don't like it. Yeah. You can get it over gamefly. Do you have to have the disc to play it?

Or could I get it from gamefly then download it then get ym free month and if I like it pay to play?

TheMagicPillow
Yeah. You can get it over gamefly. Do you have to have the disc to play it?

Or could I get it from gamefly then download it then get ym free month and if I like it pay to play?

It depends on if you were gonna play it on the PS3 or the PC. For the PS3 you have to have the disc, and for the PC i'm not quite sure because i'm not a PC gamer.

And i checked and gamefly doesn't deliver PC games for some reason.

Galan007
Anyone else read the comic adaption? It was quite enjoyable, imo.

-Pr-
Yeah, agreed.

I'm still waiting for the free trial of this game, though...

Gecko4lif
I played the beta of dc online

it is meh

-Pr-
I played the beta of dc online

it is meh

that's what i heard. and i'm already playing one mmo, so not willing to commit to a second one without it being tres awesome.

Galan007
Okay so is this game like World of Warcraft except with DC characters, or what?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay so is this game like World of Warcraft except with DC characters, or what?
More like city of heroes

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I've always wondered why a group of us didnt get COH or Champions and start a group. mmm

Then I realized I'm too broke to buy a monthly subscription (or now, a PS3). erm

Are "teams/groups/leagues" allowed in DCUO like they are in COH?

-Pr-
I don't see why they wouldn't be; fleets/guilds are the bread and butter for a lot of MMO players. It's almost expected from games like this. I joined one in Star Trek Online only this week.

Just play Champions Online with the rest of us F2Pers, we'll have our own team.

Kazenji
I also seen that theres a comic also getting released based on this game

DC Universe Online Legends #1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7416&disp=table

-Pr-
yeah, there's been a couple out already too that tie in.

the ninjak
The armors are a weird idea.

Gecko4lif
I don't see why they wouldn't be; fleets/guilds are the bread and butter for a lot of MMO players. It's almost expected from games like this. I joined one in Star Trek Online only this week.

Just play Champions Online with the rest of us F2Pers, we'll have our own team. Star trek online sucks though

-Pr-
Star trek online sucks though

Not imo.

Doctor-Alvis
I played the beta. It seemed like Champions Online only less fun.

Gecko4lif
Champions online lacks content

jalek moye
no it doesn't. It hasn't lacked content in a long time, you must be thinking about launch still.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
no it doesn't. It hasn't lacked content in a long time, you must be thinking about launch still.

People levelled the same criticism at Star Trek Online at launch; they were right too. It's not the same now, though.

StyleTime
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/09/dc-universe-online-switching-to-free-to-play-model/1

Looks like the game is going to be free to play in October.

-Pr-
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it a try. I hope the GL powerset is part of f2p.

StyleTime
Yeah, I hope we don't get limited on available powers. It appears the pay feature only really offers extra character/inventory slots, so it seems we can get a "full" experience for free.

The Nuul
What a POS so far, I cant even connect to the servers.

JakeTheBank
Same here.

The Nuul
Its down, wait till tomorrow .

JakeTheBank
Ah, makes sense.

I really hope I'll be able to play it again. I really wanted to unlock that Shazam Armor.

The Nuul
Ummm... maybe I should make a Dr Doom ripoff...

evilgrin

The Nuul
People get sick with making their toons.

2aTGS1nwj8A

dvoWoM9qQds&

hx5om19AEx8&

6i4wzalCt7g&

JakeTheBank
Lol, I made a Doom rip off once.

I also made Mister Majestic, name and all. I wonder if he got deleted...

The Nuul
Maybe....if there is an issue with rights. I know CoH was deleting toons because Marvel and DC went after them.

The Nuul
I already added Pr, whats your name so I can add you in game later. I believe Delph is going to join us as well.

-Pr-
That is a VERY good Colossus.

My character btw:

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/ArthurOrinCurry/Bits%20and%20Pieces/dcuoaqua.jpg

JakeTheBank
Looks like the game runs better since I last played. Kinda laggy but much more bearable than before. I'll upload some images of my guys in a sec.

-Pr-
I've actually had very little lag, especially in big battles.

Also, for anyone playing for the first time: Keep the soda cans. Keep every one you get, because you will need to heal yourself at certain times. I learned that the hard way yesterday.

-Pr-
I also picked up a thing called "Exobyte Data: Robin" which I assume is playing as Robin in some sort of PVP arena or something?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, it unlocks Robin in the PVP stuff. I've never really done that since I bought the game when it first came out.

I think I'm going to create a new character to get used to the gameplay before going back to my higher level characters; I totally forgot I wound up reformating my main char to such a massive degree and I basically retolled all of his powers and skills.

I'm guessing the F2P version limited character creation, because iirc, you could have like a dozen characters and now I'm down to only six slots, four of which are taken. I'm assuming one for each mentor, which makes sense.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Hypervious_ZH.jpg

This was an attempt at a more classical/silver-ageish superhero.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Arbiter.jpg

This guy, visually, was like my attempt to do a Captain Atom/Green Lantern hybrid. Conceptually, he's like Captain Atom meets Swamp Thing, I guess; in my head he was supposed to represent an elemental cosmic force of life or something like that.

-Pr-
nice designs thumb up

The Nuul
I cant buy the GL pack, are you having the same issue? its grayed out.

Konton
I wish you could change the color of the hard light, and at least move the origin of power from the ring finger to something else.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I wish the game would be like CHampiions Online and allow you to change the color scheme for powers.

MF DELPH
I'm on the PS3 PvP server.

Villain named Hyrrokkin (Moon of Saturn Avatar).

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
I cant buy the GL pack, are you having the same issue? its grayed out.

it must be unavailable right now, as it's greayed out on me.

Originally posted by Konton
I wish you could change the color of the hard light, and at least move the origin of power from the ring finger to something else.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, I wish the game would be like CHampiions Online and allow you to change the color scheme for powers.

I had that same issue in Star Trek Online, which was actually made by the same company as Champions. With them it was a licensing problem. With this... I dunno, maybe the developers are just still working on it. Being an MMO, things like this are fluid.

Also, for anyone interested, i'm on the PC US PVE server.

The Nuul
I bought SC then GL pack from market place in game.

Delph, most of us I think are on PC.

-Pr-
Can anyone give me a heads up on the friends list? Mine doesn't seem to be working at all...

-K-M-
Well I know the reason why....you dont have any friends clearly!

The Nuul
Paul, just get a cheap mic and we/the group can use TS.

The Nuul
I didnt know if you got my in game pm paul but f4 is short cut to chat and options.

Blight
Who all has this for ps3?

-Pr-
Originally posted by -K-M-
Well I know the reason why....you dont have any friends clearly!

sad

Paul, just get a cheap mic and we/the group can use TS.

when i get paid hopefully.

I didnt know if you got my in game pm paul but f4 is short cut to chat and options.

i looked at it earlier and didnt see anything, but will have another look.

The Nuul
Once you press f4 then there are options and one of the says friends.

The lantern powers are fun.

-Pr-
yeah, i was on that earlier and nothing came up. i'll try again when it lets me in.

btw, whoever's premium (or at least one of you) is going to have to be responsible for setting up the KMC League, as F2P people can't do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blight
Who all has this for ps3?
Right here.

On PvP, hero Frigid Fire (I know).

The Nuul
yeah, i was on that earlier and nothing came up. i'll try again when it lets me in.

btw, whoever's premium (or at least one of you) is going to have to be responsible for setting up the KMC League, as F2P people can't do it.

Prem cannot even do it, only scribers can.

Also I think paying monthly is not even worth it so far.

Blight
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Right here.

On PvP, hero Frigid Fire (I know). cool I will find you. What server you use? I haven't played in so long.

-K-M-
sad

I'll be your friend sad

Blight
I loved getting my ass kicked by bizarro.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -K-M-
I'll be your friend sad

yay.

The Nuul
Grodd was easy.

POS outages...WTF. I would never do monthly for this again and again.

As of November 5, 2011 we will be performing nightly restarts on all DCUO Worlds. For EU servers this will take place at 8 p.m. US Pacific. For US servers this will take place at 4 a.m. US pacific. Downtime in both cases should last around thirty minutes.

I was the 1867th person waiting to log once.

Blair Wind
Anyone want to go through a breakdown of powers, etc so I know what's good and whats not before I DL it?

The Nuul
No. Use their forums.

Blair Wind
fu

I just want to know some of the opinions of the people who I know and who have played it about the powers and options the game has. I already know you said the GL powers are fun, but that's a paid pack. Any opinions on the free stuff?

The Nuul
http://www.dcuoguide.net/dcuo-powers-list/

Fine you *******.

Fire tank is my fav because it has a lot of healing and does huge damage. Best PVP toon. It all depends on what you want to do.

-Pr-
Hve you looked here yet?

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Universe_Online_Wiki

The Nuul
BW you lazy ass.... miffed

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Blair Wind
fu

I just want to know some of the opinions of the people who I know and who have played it about the powers and options the game has. I already know you said the GL powers are fun, but that's a paid pack. Any opinions on the free stuff?

I like the variety. I was hoping for a shapeshifting ability set but maybe that will come down the line. I'm interested in the tech based power set a bit. Right now I have an ice based speedster (Coldwynd) and a magic based villain (Hyrrokkin). I prefer flight over superspeed thus far. Maneuverability in the air is far better than running up walls, etc. Plus with the healing factor if I get in trouble I just fly straight up out of harm's way and regenerate. I'm likely going to buy the Lantern Pack on Friday. Since I have 4 accounts I can make 8 characters, but if I buy the pack I can make I think around 40 characters.

*edit

Anyway, you can choose between:

Fire
Ice
Tech
Brawler/Brick
Nature (elemental)
Mental
Martial
Magic

Plus there's the templates to copy (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Deathstroke, Luthor, Circe, Joker). Hopefully this gets expanded on. Being able to have powers like Atom Smasher or The Atom would be interesting.

Character creation is solid. Lots of options for customization. I kinda wish they'd let you design your own decal and patterns, but the palette options are cool. My next two characters are going to be a flying brick telepath and a Wendigo like character.

-Pr-
My impression of the powers so far as that while you can only have 6 or 7 active at any one time, it does give you a lot of leeway in terms of what you can equip and bring to bear.

I plan to buy the Lantern pack also, though i was wondering: Can you choose what faction you are and what colour? or does picking red or yellow automatically make you a villain? I'm assuming the choice remains, but I just want to be sure.

srankmissingnin
Are the servers down right now? I just downloaded it but can't play, I keep getting an error code 101 and a prompt telling me to make sure I'm connect to the net.

-Pr-
It does seem to be down at the moment. I just tried to log in and got the same problem, and the forums have people with the same issue too.

Edit: I tried again and now it's letting me in.

The Nuul
You can still pick Sinestro as a hero because YLs are teaming up with GLs. Paul, I made the mistake of buying the pack and using on a character I didnt want to have it. So my fire tank guy with wonder woman mentor became a GL. It wasnt planned, thats why my guy is crap. I dont think you can actually be a RL.

-Pr-
You didn't just make a brand new character and make them a lantern?

How does it actually work once you buy it?

The Nuul
I bought it in game but didnt claim it. I left the game and see if I could make a new character with GL and couldnt. So I claimed it but still could not make a new character. So in inventory there it was but I had to use it and once used it cannot be undone, it over writes that character. Then I can make new characters with GL stuff.

I still dont know how to use it properly but if I had to do it again. I would make a shit character, use it then delete him. Then make a fresh new character again.

To buy it I used SC in game market place.

The Nuul
This is gay..I am 2775 in queue. These tards need more servers.

-Pr-
I bought it in game but didnt claim it. I left the game and see if I could make a new character with GL and couldnt. So I claimed it but still could not make a new character. So in inventory there it was but I had to use it and once used it cannot be undone, it over writes that character. Then I can make new characters with GL stuff.

I still dont know how to use it properly but if I had to do it again. I would make a shit character, use it then delete him. Then make a fresh new character again.

To buy it I used SC in game market place.

Oh ok; i'll remember that, thanks.

This is gay..I am 2775 in queue. These tards new more servers.

lol, yeah, i dont think they were quite expecting the amount of people to jump in when f2p came out.

The Nuul
Why are we talking about this in two different threads?

Dont fight Grodd alone, hes annoying.

-Pr-

Dont fight Grodd alone, hes annoying.

No idea. Yeah, he was a pain. I learned my lesson though: Bring health everywhere.

The Nuul
I just brought a 2 man group.

-Pr-
which is what exactly?

The Nuul
Like what we did two people. I just fought Arkillo who was a pain because I was way under leveled and I was caught in a lantern war. Good XP though.

-Pr-
Like what we did two people. I just fought Arkillo who was a pain because I was way under leveled and I was caught in a lantern war. Good XP though.

Ah, cool.

Blight

Dont fight Grodd alone, hes annoying. I kind of thought he was easy.

The Nuul
He was for level 27 and I was only level 7. Not easy.

Blight
Weird. I was 8. Maybe they changed him around since I played.

-Pr-
Your Grodd was level 27? I don't remember what mine was, but the Flash and I beat him with the help of like, one potion.

Or is this a different battle?

Blight
Your Grodd was level 27? I don't remember what mine was, but the Flash and I beat him with the help of like, one potion.

Or is this a different battle? I was wondering the same thing.

McNasty996
I haven't played in a while but a year ago when it came out, I got it and created two characters, this was for pc. I know have a ps3 and am downloading f2p for it. Can I use my character sI created or do I have to start fresh?

-Pr-
Originally posted by McNasty996
I haven't played in a while but a year ago when it came out, I got it and created two characters, this was for pc. I know have a ps3 and am downloading f2p for it. Can I use my character sI created or do I have to start fresh?

As far as I know you can play it as long as you use the same system. You can use old PC characters on PC, but not PS3, and vice versa.

McNasty996
As far as I know you can play it as long as you use the same system. You can use old PC characters on PC, but not PS3, and vice versa.

Thanks, I could never get into most rig games and cancelled after the first free month because I could never get into the controls and my internet was sucky and would lag sometimes. I hope this is fixed because of the system that I know have.

The Nuul

Or is this a different battle? Originally posted by Blight
I was wondering the same thing.

Oh I thought he was talking about Arkillo.

MF DELPH
Been playing for the last 4 hours. Lovin' this shit. However, just got my ass whooped by Donna Troy in the Science Police HQ. Really need to have a partner or a team on the pvp servers. I find myself getting chased away from skirmishes because other teams or more powerful players show up and want to takeover the battles.

-Pr-
Originally posted by McNasty996
Thanks, I could never get into most rig games and cancelled after the first free month because I could never get into the controls and my internet was sucky and would lag sometimes. I hope this is fixed because of the system that I know have.

What's your rig like now?

Oh I thought he was talking about Arkillo.

Ah okay.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Been playing for the last 4 hours. Lovin' this shit. However, just got my ass whooped by Donna Troy in the Science Police HQ. Really need to have a partner or a team on the pvp servers. I find myself getting chased away from skirmishes because other teams or more powerful players show up and want to takeover the battles.

I just don't play pvp in general.

The Nuul
I am going to have one toon in PvP. Thats where all of the cool stuff is.

-Pr-
The only thing that would convince me to try is to get one of those exobyte things of a character i really liked.

The Nuul
thats why i got prem because i can have 6 slots. Try it, its cool.

-Pr-
thats why i got prem because i can have 6 slots. Try it, its cool.

maybe; i'll think about it.

one thing about the game i really don't like, though, is that you can't really alter your physical stats other than with gear, or by buying it as a power. It's not like some games where you can put points in to strength and durability etc.

The Nuul
most mmos are like that, you can only up stats by gear or items.

-Pr-
most mmos are like that, you can only up stats by gear or items.

I could have sworn Champions allowed you to alter your stats directly. I know Perfect World did.

I must be also thinking of certain RPGs.

The Nuul
I didnt play much of champ, dunno. I know CoH and CoV did it.

-Pr-
All I know is i'll be buying the durability power when i'm high enough in level.

The Nuul
I am still trying to find a toon that I like then I will focus on him.

-Pr-
I'm happy enough with my Aquaman; i'll get him to max level, respec him until he's just right, and then start on my next DC canon adaptation (because that's what i'm basically doing anyway, as I love me some rping).

Might go with someone more obscure next though. Red Tornado (though his powers would be ***** to replicate), or even Geo-Force, If I'm not going the Flash or GL route just yet.

The Nuul
I tried making a jeroen thorndike clone but cant get the looks right.

-Pr-
How would his powers work? Mental?

The Nuul
Either that or magic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>