Highschool Of The Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
The Anime adaptation of the manga has arrived.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2a5ante.jpg

I never read the manga (I'm going to now), but the anime seems pretty decent. I'm sure some stuff got lost from the transition, but it's all good.

Kirikaze Fuuma
This anime is pretty good. And... I can't imagine how the anime would end since there are so many people already died out there and become a zombie. Maybe it's just the main character's nightmare when he slept in the class. -3-

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
This anime is pretty good. And... I can't imagine how the anime would end since there are so many people already died out there and become a zombie. Maybe it's just the main character's nightmare when he slept in the class. -3-

We shall see. But I've only seen up to episode 3, so no one has died, and it isn't obvious if anyone is going to, either.

Kento
The manga is....really the exact same so far. Except less fan service (even though the manga still has a lot), and less censor on the killing. So far I like the anime, and if it stays true to the manga with adding some awesomeness to the zombie fights it'll be a great anime. It's got a lot of sad stuff in it.

Haha my favorite will always be Busujima but Kohta is a close second. I like Saya also for some reason...I think its the glasses...lol

danteiscool
I've been reading the manga and have watched the anime series so far and I'm loving both. my only concern is whether or not the anime will stays true to the manga.

and as you pointed out, Kento, it would be awesome if it not only did stay true to the manga, but also made the zombie fights even better.

yeah, I can agree with you on the Saya thing, but my favorite character in the series has to be Takashi. something about just makes me think that's he's a serious badass.

Kento
I like Takashi, but he's like my least favorite next to Rei though I can't say I really dislike any of them.
sad Asami was one of my favorites...

danteiscool
too bad they killed her off. in all honesty, the creator of the series (whose name escapes me right now) could have left her alive. she had some potential.

Kento
Yea, but there will be no Saya/Kohta if Asami stayed alive.

LLLLLink
My bro was like "I like this Hisashi guy. He's cool. He's gonna be my character." 20 minutes later I was lmao.

Kento
Haha I actually like Hiashi....to bad he failed at living cause of Rei.

LLLLLink
I was sold when Takashi *****-slapped Rei. I was like "F*** yeah, testosterone."

danteiscool
I agree with you on that. Rei is cool at times, but then at other times, she's a real pain. she had that slap coming.

and once again, Kento, I also share your view of Hisashi, it would have been interesting for him to have lived, but then again, if he did, things would be considerably different from the way things are now.

Kento
Yep, though maybe better. Hiashi could've stayed with Rei, then Saya could get with Takashi, and then Asami lives for Kohta. XD

danteiscool
true and I would like it better if Takashi did end up with Saya. Rei's cool at times, but I just don't think she and Takashi are really meant to be together imo.

but with Asami being dead, who would serve as a love interest for Kohta?

Kento
I dunno. I doubt anybody works for Kohta like Asami did.

danteiscool
yeah, I'm with you there.

also, I'm curious if the author will have Saeko get together with anyone. now that I think about it, the only guys in the group are Takashi and Kohta. wonder if the author is going to bring in more guys into the group later on.

Kento
I don't think the group would work well with anymore people really. It's pretty much got all it needs, and people who trust each other after all they been through together. Alice was okay to add since she's just a kid, and all but adding more guys or even girls to it at this point would just seem weird. More so when most guys would try to take Takashi's position instead of following loyally like the rest do since Takashi is somewhat reluctant in his position at times.

killermover
Sakeo and Saya. FAPFAPFAPFAP.

Kento
Shizuka and Saeko. Much better

danteiscool
I'm with you there. and yeah, now that I think about it, adding more people to the group would be a problem. I tend to keep thinking that if new people join them, they'll become as loyal as everyone else, but now that I'm thinking a bit more realistically, I can't see that happening.

Kento
Yea, just look at most of the people we tend to see also. Anybody that could possibly join ends up dying, and the rest are people that the kids wouldn't ever trust or don't trust the kids.

danteiscool
yeah, that's true. the only other people that would be considered trust worthy are Saya's parents, but chances are they're dead now. every other character were either lunatics, fascists, or Charles Manson rip offs (because of that damn Shido guy). and most of them are dead too. guess those that are insane in some way are destined to be zombie fodder.

Kento
I doubt Saya's parents are dead. They are much to awesome to have been killed.

danteiscool
good point, they were pretty awesome although I'm sure that their awesomeness doesn't extend to all of their servants or anyone else who were there.

and chances are also good that Shido survived as well. I think he did because I'm certain that he won't die until Takashi and Rei have a serious encounter with him.

Kento
Eh, if Shido lives, and come back it will probably end up being the death of one of the main characters or something. Or least near death. I seriously hope none of them die, and survive the end of the manga. But 7 main characters makes me wonder...

danteiscool
well they are all rather important in their own way. if one of them dies, then it will most likely be by Shido's hand and chances are it would serve as a plot device to make Takashi or Rei to kill Shido. maybe. I could just be overthinking something like that, but you never know.

Kento
Nah I think they same.

danteiscool
maybe, but it's best to try and keep your mind open. better to overestimate something than to underestimate it. for all I know, Shido becomes a zombie and the group takes turns whacking him, but I doubt that scenario.

wonder what happened to those students that were under Shido's control too. they haven't been shown for a while either.

Kento
Well they aren't really important to the plot, so unless they meet up with the kids, doubt they will. But apparently if people are being rescued now it's possible that the students with Shido and stuff may end up meeting others that the kids met along the way. I wonder what the next group of people will be like we see.

danteiscool
don't know. the group from the mall were at odds with each other and they were being pretty damn pessimistic and were getting angry at Takashi and the group for no good reason, although chances are their opinions of Takashi and co. seems to have changed when they were rescued.

hopefully, the next group won't be as violatile (probably spelled wrong), but given the way things are, it's very likely that they will be really crazy and not in a good way.

Kento
Yea, I think that's pretty much the theme though. Even the kids have gone a little crazy, mostly Saeko and Kohta but.

danteiscool
true, they are losing it a little, but for the most part, they're keeping it together. but as Saya pointed out, the ones closest to snapping are Takashi and Kohta assuming they keep doing things the way they're doing it.

however Kohta is the closest to losing it given Asami's death, but it seems Shizuka was able to knock some sense into him.

as for Saeko, she seems fine. the only thing she has to keep track of is the zombies since if she gets too excited killing them, she really will go crazy. but as long as she fights only when necessary and has Takashi around to keep her in check, she should be fine.

LLLLLink
Wow, episode 6 was some straight-up fan service.

Kento
Originally posted by danteiscool
true, they are losing it a little, but for the most part, they're keeping it together. but as Saya pointed out, the ones closest to snapping are Takashi and Kohta assuming they keep doing things the way they're doing it.

however Kohta is the closest to losing it given Asami's death, but it seems Shizuka was able to knock some sense into him.

as for Saeko, she seems fine. the only thing she has to keep track of is the zombies since if she gets too excited killing them, she really will go crazy. but as long as she fights only when necessary and has Takashi around to keep her in check, she should be fine. True

danteiscool
yeah see, things seem to be going fine so far, but it is kinda obvious that something is going to happen to throw everything out the window. the only problem will be if the group will be able to handle it or not.

Kento
As long as Takashi survives, and keeps it together the rest will be able to I think.

LLLLLink
As long as Hagino survives... Spoil it and I'm blowing up Japan.

Kento
Originally posted by LLLLLink
As long as Hagino survives... Spoil it and I'm blowing up Japan. Hagino?

danteiscool
I don't remember someone named Hagino. maybe you got confused on the name.

and as for Takashi being able to stay alive and calm so that the group will be stay calm as well, I'm certain that for the most part he will succeed, but there's only so much people can take before they snap so it's possible that at least one member of the group will lose it.

Kento
Well Kohta already had lost it until Shizuka slapped some sense back into him..But we won't know if he's fully snapped out of it until the next issue though he did seem to be. Saya kinda had a breakdown at the start of the series also, and Takashi's had an outburst or two. Shizuka's really the only one taking everything quite...well.

danteiscool
well, considering her personality, it's likely we won't see her freaking out for a while. hell, we might never see her snap.

she's the only one in the group who hasn't had a breakdown moment other than Takashi who as you said only had an outburst or two. Rei may end up snapping again though given her personality just as she did in the first chapter.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Kento
Hagino?

Epic typo. Hirano. You know, Kohta?

Kento
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Epic typo. Hirano. You know, Kohta? laughing Oh. Originally posted by danteiscool
well, considering her personality, it's likely we won't see her freaking out for a while. hell, we might never see her snap.

she's the only one in the group who hasn't had a breakdown moment other than Takashi who as you said only had an outburst or two. Rei may end up snapping again though given her personality just as she did in the first chapter. Yea, though if she does ever snap you know that's when everything is going to go downhill, and badly.

LLLLLink
laughing Oh.

Let's just sweep this one under the rug. shifty

danteiscool
Oh, you meant Hirano, I thought you meant Hisashi for some reason. eh, don't sweat it. we make typos all the time.

yeah, that's a good point. when things get to the point where even Shizuka snaps, that's when they really have to tread carefully because things are going to be out of control on so many levels, regardless if it concerns the zombies or not.

I wonder if they'll ever show Takashi's parents or Rei's dad. I'm actually kinda curious to see them.

Kento
I wonder if they'll ever show Takashi's parents or Rei's dad. I'm actually kinda curious to see them. I really think his mom is dead... If she worked at the elementary school when it started. And the whole town was already taken over before Takashi and Rei knew what was goin on.

LLLLLink
I really think his mom is dead... If she worked at the elementary school when it started. And the whole town was already taken over before Takashi and Rei knew what was goin on.

Yeah, and it showed a clip of the destroyed elementary school too.

danteiscool
yeah that's true, but there is always a small chance that she was able to get out of the school just like Takashi and the others were able to. as for his dad, wasn't he said to be overseas or something? if that's the case then we may never see him at all.

Rei's dad is either still alive, but barely, or is a zombie. the phone call she made to him in the beginning didn't exactly inspire hope that he's still alive.

Kento
She may have, but I see more as a kid that was bit by a zombie trying to be saved by a lot of the teachers, and them dying. As for his father, I don't remember it saying he was but it may have.

As for Rei's dad. He's got a 50/50 chance. He's a cop so he probably had people to help him out during that phone call.

danteiscool
good point, but if he's still alive then I have this feeling he'll end up dying not long afterwards.

and as for Takashi's parents, you make a good point about the mother now that I think about it, but that's assuming that Takashi didn't get his danger sense from her. if it turns out that Takashi takes after his mother in that regard then it could be possible that she, like he did, sensed that this is a bigger mess than others think and so she could've made it out alive.

as for his dad, I can't be too sure if he is overseas, it's possible that I got him confused with one of Kohta's parents. at any rate, I'm at least sure that he should be alive, even if for a while.

Kento
Yea, I have a feeling he's alive until Rei gets to him..then he'll end up dying someway.

Its possible, though Takashi had the advantage of seeing it all start and being the first to know, her being a teacher probably wouldn't have known until everybody else did.

Both of Kohta's parents are overseas right?

LLLLLink
Shoot, shoot, shoot your gun
kill them all now
bang, Bang, BANG, BANG!!!
Life is but a dream.

Kento
XD

danteiscool
ha ha, that's Kohta for you. might want to actually make that a song for if/when the end of the world ever happens.

maybe, but from what I've seen, sometimes the schedules of elementary schools differ from those of highschools so there may be a chance that it was lunchtime or something at the elementary school when hell broke loose so it's still possible that Takashi's mom caught onto the situation before things got too bad.

and there is a good chance that Rei will meet her dad again before he dies for whatever reason. some of the zombie movies/comics I've seen usually have something like that happen too, so it isn't too hard to imagine Rei's dad dead.

yeah, I'm pretty sure Kohta said his parents were overseas, but I just forgot when he said it. I think he said it before chapter 5 though, I just can't be sure.

Kento
maybe, but from what I've seen, sometimes the schedules of elementary schools differ from those of highschools so there may be a chance that it was lunchtime or something at the elementary school when hell broke loose so it's still possible that Takashi's mom caught onto the situation before things got too bad.

and there is a good chance that Rei will meet her dad again before he dies for whatever reason. some of the zombie movies/comics I've seen usually have something like that happen too, so it isn't too hard to imagine Rei's dad dead.

yeah, I'm pretty sure Kohta said his parents were overseas, but I just forgot when he said it. I think he said it before chapter 5 though, I just can't be sure. Yea, this is true forgot about the fact schools don't usually have the same schedules it's been to long. Though whatever has happened I don't think she'll end up being at the house, seems kinda odd for Takashi to want to go there..

lol Yea that's kinda why I think that's gonna happen. To many zombie movies seen, and Highschool of the Dead likes to homage a lot of stuff from zombie movies.

It was on the bus is all I remember.

JuliaKhanam
I think it has to do with it recently being licensed for English distribution, the anime adaption, etc. The creators are probably more focused on that. You can tell they're not very efficient because the manga has been on hiatus A LOT... It came out in 2006 and there are only 26 chapters completed. In that same time probably 300 chapters of Naruto would have been out.

danteiscool
gotta wonder why it's on hiatus so many times.

yeah I doubt that if Takashi's mom is alive that she'll be at the house. it could be wishful thinking on his part unless there is a reason of some sort that would explain why they'd even go back to the house at all.

hmmm, yeah, I think Kohta told that to Saya, Saeko, and Shizuka when they were still with Shido, maybe a few minutes or so before they got off the bus (good thing they did too).

Kento
Maybe he's in the midst of watching zombie movies to get ideas lol. But yea kinda bugs me it goes on hiatus so much, and takes two months just to get a new chapter at times.

Well I guess it's possible the school is close to the house. And if it is, safest place to go since it's close would really be your own house I guess.

danteiscool
yeah I wonder if the author does that for reference material.

that would make sense, but I don't recall any mentioning of the elementary school being in the same area as their houses. and just how far away are their houses? it's been several chapters since they've been to Saya's and they still haven't gotten to anyone else's.

Kento
It's cause they stopped to help out a bunch of people in the mall. They'd probably have been at the house by now, and Kohta wouldn't have went crazy cause of killing Asami if they didn't do that. Course everybody in the mall would be dead by now, and the guy would probably have completed his rapist ways..

danteiscool
forgot about that for a second. if they had gone straight to the house then things would've ended up differently for the mall survivors and Kohta would've never met Asami, which would've been a bummer.

hopefully whenever the new chapter comes out, it'll show them near one of their houses, most likely Takashi's given that he seems to live in the same area or something.

Kento
Didn't they change tactics...or um Didn't Takashi change tactics and are heading someplace else now not to his and Rei's homes.

danteiscool
hmmm, I kinda forgot that part. I'm trying to remember if they were going to head somewhere else. if they are heading to somewhere else though, the trip there isn't going to be easy regardless of where they're going.

Kento
Wasn't it the police station? Specifically the one Rei's dad is suppose to be at or works at? I really don't remember what the game change was...but for some reason I keep thinking that...Could just go check but eh, really not in a caring mood. lol

danteiscool
ha ha, I feel that way too. I'm sure though that they agreed in the beginning to go to the police station, but I forgot what happened to make them change their mind.

Kento
The beginning was to go to their houses, then Rei and Takashi got seperated from the others, and they said to meet up at a police station...which they never got to because they met up at the bridge. And resumed their journey.

danteiscool
oh yeah, man my memory is slipping a bit.

you know I have to wonder what will happen when they all meet up with their families though, assuming they do at all. it would be interesting to see what kind of challenges they'd have to face as a result.

Kento
Yea, me too. though what only Rei and Takashi can meet up with any family I believe. Well Saya but she already did. And I doubt the other two are gonna have quite as awesome a family lol. Wait....where is Saeko's parent again? Can she meet up with them I forget...

danteiscool
I think her parents run a dojo and I also recall Saeko saying that seeing them right away was not a top priority or something like that. and Kohta's parents are overseas so I doubt we'll see them any time soon.

so yeah, the only two people who will have quite an eventful encounter with their parents are Takashi and Rei.

amnesia
I only like zombie related things when the infection first starts spreading.

When the two girls who just made a pinky swear got eaten i was seriously horrified.

Kento
I think her parents run a dojo and I also recall Saeko saying that seeing them right away was not a top priority or something like that. and Kohta's parents are overseas so I doubt we'll see them any time soon.

so yeah, the only two people who will have quite an eventful encounter with their parents are Takashi and Rei. She just wants to get into Takashi's pants, that's the only reason Saeko doesn't care about going to see her parents.

Another reason Takashi's mom is probably a zombie, because it's going to be one of those things where he sees her from behind, runs to her, and then she turns around and is zombified and has to kill her.Originally posted by amnesia
I only like zombie related things when the infection first starts spreading.

When the two girls who just made a pinky swear got eaten i was seriously horrified. that's like one of my favorite parts...XD When she kicks hers friend down the stairs and the the freaking kid gets eaten right after while hoping to save herself.

danteiscool
true, Saeko definitely wants him. maybe she thinks that her parents are already dead or are zombies and decided 'damn it. well I still have Takashi' or something like that.

yeah, that kind of thing has been done before, but it never gets old. if it does turn out Takashi's mom is a zombie, I wonder how he'll kill her. that is going to be one thing though that will push him to the edge of insanity.

oh yeah those girls... I kinda laughed at their pinky promise only for about a few seconds later for one of them to get caught and the other starts kicking her. and the funny part that it was all for nothing. sure it's rather horrifying to suddenly do a 180 like that on your best friend, but it makes the series a lot more compelling and enjoyable as it shows you what the world is coming to as a result of zombies.

Kento
lol I just watched episode 9 last night, and I forgot how crazy Saeko got when telling Takashi how much she liked it all. XD I love Saeko. That and man she's got super sonic boob jiggling........I so don't remember Saeko dodging a bullet that flew between them in the manga....when Rei falls off the hummer.

Yea, it's either going to be what snaps him, or it's going to be one of those things that he can't do, and Rei comes to save him. If this was a normal manga I'd say that Takashi being the 'hero' of the manga though he'd be fine after but....that seems to be doubtful. lol

LLLLLink
Did Takashi just tap dat ass?

Kento
She's not Rei, so Saeko will never get any. Takashi lied to a girl with a sword, and a thing for causing people pain.. lol

danteiscool
yeah that's a good point there. if Takashi can't go through with killing his possibly zombified family then Rei is going to do it for him. chances are too that if Rei's dad turns out to be a zombie, then Takashi will kill him in Rei's place.

ha ha, yeah I don't remember a bullet going right in between Saeko's breasts like that either. you gotta love some of the things that they put in the anime for our entertainment.

Kento
lol Takashi already had to kill somebody Rei cared for, it'll suck if he's gotta do it again, though he probably will if her dad is a Zombie.

Some of what they put in is just WAY to much lol.

danteiscool
yeah, but there's always the possibility that Rei will suck it up and kill her dad if left with no choice.

agreed. that one scene on the bridge when Takashi showed up and they all pwned those zombies was pretty badass, but at the same time it was just ridiculous. and before that they were having problems with the zombies, but the second Takashi showed up, they all got a badass boost or something.

LLLLLink
Maybe in the anime they will twist it up from the manga.

Kento
yeah, but there's always the possibility that Rei will suck it up and kill her dad if left with no choice.

agreed. that one scene on the bridge when Takashi showed up and they all pwned those zombies was pretty badass, but at the same time it was just ridiculous. and before that they were having problems with the zombies, but the second Takashi showed up, they all got a badass boost or something. For some reason I can see her dad..killing himself. Gets bitten and shoots himself before he changes.

Haha yea. That' cause Takashi gives them super strength. lol Takashi making people fly with a Baseball Bat. He's got some good balance though. ...Looses his balance, kicks a zombie in the face, and still stays on a wall with Alice, and the dog on him. Originally posted by LLLLLink
Maybe in the anime they will twist it up from the manga. lol Anything is possible.

danteiscool
yeah there's always that possibility too.

ha ha, Takashi sure has a way with people if he can make them do things that they weren't capable of doing before. and he does have good balance and he's quite strong given that when he, Rei, and Hisashi were making a run for the rooftop in ep. 1 he hit a zombie with that bat so hard it flew at the screen. so while he may not have any formal training, he's quite a fighter.

Kento
He just motivates them, without Takashi the team has no motivation so they can't do their best. They see him trying so they are like 'We must try harder also!' lol

danteiscool
ha ha, so true, but still it's impressive how much harder they try when he's around. I guess that's another thing Takashi has going for him: team morale boosting.

Kento
I hope the new chapter comes out sometime soon, so we can see what happens next.

Darth Vicious
I started watching this last week and im hooked. Saeko is by far my favorite. I just watched Ep.9 and it was pretty good. Saeko is pretty twisted inside. Love that. I wonder what was the purpose of Takashi grabbing her boob like it was jello was. I wonder if some things are lost in translation.

Kento
I think Takashi just wanted to grab her.

Darth Vicious
To say he had a handfull would be an understatement!

Kento
Very much so XD> It's kinda sad that Saeko, or any of them actually, are small when compared to Shizuka. lol

danteiscool
yeah, they sure are small compared to Shizuka, but if they live through this whole thing and it shows them about ten years later, I have this feeling that their boobs will almost be as big.

sure is taking a long time for the new chapter to come out. I kinda worried that it won't come out at all now.

Kento
lol Doubtful, nobody should be able to sleep on their boobs.

Well last chapter said it wasn't coming out until this month...And that chapter what didn't come out until near the end of July or whatever?

danteiscool
give or take yeah. chances are, the chapter won't be popping up until maybe next week if I'm right. hopefully in the future, the chapters will be coming out sooner because the waits are just ridiculous.

Kento
It is....The anime is going to catch up to the manga quickly. Only 26 chapters out, already at episode 10.

danteiscool
yeah, I'm a little worried about that since it won't be very long until they do catch up. either they'll extend some of the episodes with those little bonus chapters or they'll put it on hold until the manga gets further along.

Kento
Well I hope we get some cool filler arc type zombie killing stuff.

danteiscool
now that would be nice. maybe it could show some other survivors trying to stay alive only for them to die or something or maybe even escape out to sea. it would pass the time for the chapters.

Kento
That would be awesome. Showing other survivors. One-shot episodes where they all die at the end or something. Or maybe how all the people in the Mall ended up getting there..alive.

danteiscool
yeah, that would be cool because it would give us a chance to see what the others are capable of and how well they're able to operate as a group. hopefully the people behind the anime will go for this idea, but I doubt it.

Kento
Yea, guess we will have to wait and see. Should find out real soon though.

danteiscool
I sure hope so because at this rate, the anime will be over before we even know it.

Kento
I just wonder why the manga writer keeps delaying it so much. Does he not know where he wants to go, did he loose interest in doing it, or what

danteiscool
I sure hope it isn't because he's losing interest otherwise we could kiss this manga goodbye soon. I just hope that he either doesn't know what to do next or has to do some research for something that he wants to do in the manga in the future.

Kento
While I hope the manga goes on for a while, I hope it doesn't go on as long as Naruto or DBZ and them. But man seriously hope it is just because he's trying to find somewhere to go with the story.

danteiscool
I doubt it would go on for that long. if I had to guess how long it'll turn out to be, I'd say around maybe 100 chapters depending on how the author plays things out.

as long as it doesn't end up like Naruto. don't get me wrong I like Naruto, but the author to that tends to drag things out too much.

Kento
Eh, I don't think Kishi drags out to much, in fact he rushes to much these days it seems, and nobody else but Naruto or Sasuke gets any kind of story. Though Naruto's one of like only three manga I even read anymore. HotD being one of the three. lol

At this rate...75 chapters til the end could end up a couple of decades from now. With like a anime that has totally lost all plot, and is a couple of hundred episodes in.

danteiscool
yeah it could take several years if the author really is going for 100 chapters or so. well, I think it would be better if he ended it around chapter 60 or so. as long as he gets all of the group to meet up with their families and take care of Shido should he turn out to be alive still, then I guess that's good enough.

well, yeah, recently Kishi has been rushing things. he's probably feeling pressured to pick up the pace and finish Naruto, hence the reason why there's really only backstory for Naruto and Sasuke.

as long as HoTD doesn't end up anywhere near as long as Naruto, then I'll be happy though, to get back to what I was saying.

Kento
Just hope none of them die before it ends. That would really suck. Though I see Saeko being the most likely to die....sadly.

danteiscool
agreed. something about her makes me think she'll lose it and Takashi will be unable to snap her out of it and she ends up fighting off a crowd of zombies that eventually overwhelms her. that's what I think anyway so it would be a surprise (a bad one at that) should that ever happen.

Kento
I think it might be less snapping, more trying to save Takashi, The only way I see that woman dying is sacrificing herself. She can go crazy, and snap, and probably get better at the zombie killing. Unless they all somehow have a reason to think Takashi is dead..

danteiscool
maybe at some point, something will happen like a blocked road or sudden building collapse that cuts Takashi off from them and the way it happened made it seem like he was crushed or something. chances of something like that happening though are very slim, but you never know.

Kento
Actually, I doubt those chances are slim with all that's happening. I can see them thinking he's dead, just to reappear in time to save them all as they give up hope.

danteiscool
yeah, which is a cliche in a few mangas that I know of. should things come to that, then it'll be when the group is completely surrounded by Them and they have no weapons and are dead tired. then Takashi shows up and goes all crazy on Them and takes Them all down.

Kento
OR brings in a calvary of people he met up with to get killed off or left behind somewhere.

danteiscool
never thought of that. would be interesting to see more people around to help them. maybe Saya's parents will be among them.

Kento
Assuming her parents aren't oversea lol. But who remembers what she said about them... Might actually end up having him find Rei's dad also.

danteiscool
hmm, you know it would be interesting to see Rei's dad along with some other parents of the group coming to save the group's bacon. and Saya's parents are still in Japan, they were defending the place along with their servants. Kohta's parents are the ones overseas.

Kento
>.< I thought you said Saeko for some reason....

danteiscool
ah, you thought I meant Saeko's parents when I meant Saya's. you know, I have to wonder if it will show us her parents since Saeko is one of the few characters in the series that got her past revealed.

Kento
lol Yea. It really should show Saeko's parents. I'd like to see what they are like to make someone like Saeko. I bet they are very much like Saya's dad though...least her father probably is. And really strict probably.

danteiscool
well considering it was Saeko's dad that taught Saya's dad how to use a sword, then chances are he's about as stone cold too. makes you wonder what her mother would be like too... or for that matter it makes you wonder how everyone's parents are like.

danteiscool
aaaaaaand chapter 27 just came out today. wow, wasn't expecting it to be today, but I'm happy nonetheless. now if only chapter 28 wouldn't be coming out in the November issue...

Kento
Did the art change or is it just me?? They got to the police station fast. No huge ..getting there. They were just there. Saya, and Shizuka, and Alice are kinda worthless...XD But they are probably the ones I like best after Saeko. And if they want to be quiet, Kohta is useless. ...And weapons upgrade is always good. Saeko with a gun.....weird.

danteiscool
the art seems the same to me. and as for the police station, maybe the author didn't want to spend a few chapters for them to get there. well Alice is not really doing much, but Saya and Shizuka are. Shizuka provides medical expertise (although rarely) and Saya helps Takashi plan things out.

hmmm, yeah, they weren't exactly quiet for this chapter, Kohta especially. I have a feeling that his gun obsession is going to land the group in trouble soon. and yeah it is weird for Saeko to have gun. it's like seeing Vergil from DMC holding a gun because we know it doesn't suit them.

Kento
Rei just looked weird...maybe it's cause of the anime... I don't know.

Well least they'll have the firepower because of his gun obsession when they get into trouble because of it. I wonder how well Saeko will be with that gun. Takashi gets a shotgun because he can't shoot properly, and Rei got the gun she has because she can use it as a spear. Saeko has a pistol....which I guess works because she's always up close?? Or that it's easy to carry and let her move around?

danteiscool
I would assume so as none of us have an idea as to how good she is with a gun. if she's as bad as I may think, then the pistol definitely suits her style of up-close-and-personal.

and they have a flashlight now too, although it isn't of much use unless they're somewhere dark. and I wonder what was up with that j alert thing at the end.

Kento
You'd think Kohta would've given Saya one of those pistols....She's a genius and can do anything after all >.>. But yea guess we will have to wait patiently and see how it goes, and if Saeko ever uses a gun.

Yea, flashlight seems kind of pointless...unless they suddenly end up in a abandoned building at night cause they need to rest, and have to search it out thoroughly. But they always have some goal in mind so that seems doubtful.

danteiscool
yeah Saya would've been better off with some kind of gun instead of Saeko. I don't see Saeko using the pistol unless she loses her sword or it breaks.

well... the flashlight is only as helpful as any other flashlight. it could probably be used as a little club, but it won't do as much damage as a crowbar or bat, that's for sure.

Kento
Saya really needs some kind of weapon, she can't be defended all the time. The only reason I don't think Shizuka should hold a weapon is she'd probably shoot herself if she had one. lol

danteiscool
ha ha, I agree. if they ever give Shizuka a weapon, they're screwed. she'll either end up hurting herself like you said or hurt one of the others. and there's always the chance that she'll make some loud noise and attract a huge crowd of zombies.

yeah, if anyone needs a weapon it's Saya. I'm sure they could find a weapon that suits her.

Kento
*laughs* I'm surprised Shizuka hasn't did something yet to get everybody into trouble. Like wander off into a horde.

danteiscool
I guess it shows that she has SOME common sense. or maybe Takashi and the others managed to train her to not do anything crazy off panel.

danteiscool
hey, I just realized something. Shizuka is friends with that one SDF woman right? maybe she was taught how to shot guns by her. heh, that'd be funny as hell if it turns out Shizuka is as good a shooter as Kohta.

Kento
Haha, I'm sure that woman wasn't crazy enough to hand Shizuka a gun. But it would be funny to see them all in trouble, Kohta drops his bag of guns, and Shizuka dual weilding pistols, and saving them all.

killermover
Saeko needs to duel wield.

danteiscool
that would be something to see. and yeah, killermover, I agree with you. Saeko should be dual wielding some swords. if not swords, than short blades at least.

hmm... I wonder what the odds are of Shizuka knowing any other skills other than medical expertise. she's a pretty good driver though at any rate.

Kento
No, Kohta needs to dual-wield. That would be awesome. Give the big gun with a scope to Saya.

I don't know..I'm surprised she's good at being a nurse.

danteiscool
yeah, huh, that could really turn out to be great: Kohta going all commando on Them with dual wielding machine guns while Saya picks Them off with a rifle or something.

you know I really have to wonder how the hell Shizuka even became qualified to be a nurse in the first place. the way she is, I'm surprised she made it through medical school.

Kento
I didn't even think of Kohta with dual machine guns..That would really be awesome.. Saya using the Springfield lol I would like to see how well she could get headshots.

Maybe that's why shes a school nurse. She never passed. lol

danteiscool
Kohta with machine guns... that's something I'd like to see soon.

Don't you need a medical degree still to be a school nurse though? if so, then I really have to wonder how Shizuka got the job. hell, I'm still wondering how she even remembers anything she's ever learned.

Kento
Kohta just needs an armory strapped to him, and them get into a large horde of Them. Then he can dual-wield pistols, machine guns, and have his rifle. And get to see stuff like Saeko using her pistol, and stuff.

Rich parents? Knew people in high places? Other stuff? Not as dumb as she pretends to be? lol Who really knows.

danteiscool
if Kohta ever does end up carrying an entire armory on his back, then it'll be cool to see what weapons he'd end up dual wielding, but the results are going to be bloody either way.

well Shizuka has been shown to be not as dumb as she looks so maybe she just acts that way as a coping mechanism with the world.

Kento
To bad since they don't have a car, Kohta carrying so much would really slow everything down.

She has? I want her and her friend to meet up. Get some Shizuka-centric story.

danteiscool
hmm, wonder if any cars can still run. if they can just find another hummer or something, then they're set.

yeah, I forgot what chapter, but in it Shizuka lost her clumsy personality for a bit and was actually speaking pretty seriously.

Kento
Yea, but I'm sure that EMP thing kinda screwed any hope of that I believe. Though it would be kinda cool to have a hummer, filled with weapons in the back, and stuff. Or like a big SUV. Something big and America.

danteiscool
yeah, unless they could find a way to revive the car battery or something. Saya's a genius and Shizuka knows some things about cars so maybe they could find a way to start one up.

Kento
Well I guess that one thing that Saya's family gave them still ran didn't it? They might be able to find something that still runs. And a car that they can jerry-rig with Saya's genius, and all that.

danteiscool
I forgot if the car Saya's parents gave them was given to them before or after the EMP. if it was after, then I can't remember what happened to it. well, I'm writing a fanfic about HSTD so I'll probably remember as I look back at the chapters for my fic.

wonder if Saya knows how to hotwire a car.

Kento
I'm pretty sure it was after. They gave it to them when they left, and they left after the EMP. Though what happened to it I forgot..

I doubt Saya can even drive.

danteiscool
hmm, well I'm sure that I'll find out what chapter the car was in, but it may be a while so chances are you'll find out before me.

Takashi is probably the only one in the group other than Shizuka that can drive now that I think about it.

Kento
I haven't really looked. lol

I wonder how Takashi learned to drive. He obviously doesn't have a license. Rei says as much when he takes the bike. And Shizuka would be the only one with a license so the others probably just not bothered with learning yet. Though I could see Saya saying she's a genius and can drive, while in the middle of driving extremely bad. But being rich she probably wouldn't never had needed to learn.

danteiscool
maybe Takashi stole motorcycles or cars for a bit or maybe his parents decided to teach him themselves before getting a license. I can't really see any of the others learning to drive except Saya like you said. however, it is likely that while she may not have needed to drive before, she'll probably be able to pick up the basics relatively fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>