The Breaker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
This is a very good manga.

Better than Bleach and Naruto, imo.

Better art than Bleach and Naruto, for sure.

Shit just got serious in the last 10 or so chapters.

I don't understand why this Manga isn't more popular. It's more mature than other manga and has a better story. There are a lot less plot holes than the big hitters, to boot.

Anyway, it is a "fighting" manga, very similar to Veritas in that a street fighter is taken under the wing of a powerful fighter and shown how to fight with some uber techniques that transcend human capability. Well, it is also similar to Tenjou Tenge.

I recomend this to any manga fan as it's a good read. Up to 63 chapters, as of this post.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon

Better art than Bleach and Naruto, for sure. Kind of setting a low standard aren't you? stick out tongue

Although I think Veritas is awesome, so if this is as good as Veritas, will give this a try.

Also, alot of really good manga are not particularly popular.

Astner
You mean Berserk?

It's a decent comic, but the fact that it aims for a mature audience is more of a hindrance than anything else. Most adults don't read comics. It's more common to socialize with coworkers after work, or spend time with their wife and children when they get home than it is to read comics.

The estimated target audience is 16 - 20 years, in which case people are old enough to use the internet rather than spend three times the money you'd spend on a regular manga for a volume of Berserk. The fact that it's out of genre and is more like a comic than a "manga" doesn't help it either.

The art might be better than in Bleach and Naruto, but it takes Kentaro Miura over a month to release a chapter (the chapter prevous to the recent one was released over four months after the chapter preceding it). So you can't expect the same details put into the characters and background from manga being published weekly.

BloodRain
Was hooked on the Breaker in the first few chapters. Im still confused on some of the terms they use, though that's probably 'cause its Korean based.

New chapter turned things to a new level power wise. Even taking down those top elders.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Astner
You mean Berserk?

It's a decent comic, but the fact that it aims for a mature audience is more of a hindrance than anything else. Most adults don't read comics. It's more common to socialize with coworkers after work, or spend time with their wife and children when they get home than it is to read comics.

The estimated target audience is 16 - 20 years, in which case people are old enough to use the internet rather than spend three times the money you'd spend on a regular manga for a volume of Berserk. The fact that it's out of genre and is more like a comic than a "manga" doesn't help it either.

The art might be better than in Bleach and Naruto, but it takes Kentaro Miura over a month to release a chapter (the chapter prevous to the recent one was released over four months after the chapter preceding it). So you can't expect the same details put into the characters and background from manga being published weekly. No, he actually did not mean Berserk, The Breaker is apparently a Korean manhwa.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kind of setting a low standard aren't you? stick out tongue ]

Well, those two, along with One Piece, are the most popular manga. I'm more or less trying to share my interests with the people here so they can have new adventures.

Although I think Veritas is awesome, so if this is as good as Veritas, will give this a try.]

Yes, definitely. In some ways its better, in some ways, it's not. Overall, it has a similar feel.

Also, alot of really good manga are not particularly popular.

I don't really agree with that. It's more or less my personal tastes, likeing a manga or manhwa that most people wouldn't. If that's what you were implying, then, yeah, we agree.

You mean Berserk?

The art might be better than in Bleach and Naruto, but it takes Kentaro Miura over a month to release a chapter (the chapter prevous to the recent one was released over four months after the chapter preceding it). So you can't expect the same details put into the characters and background from manga being published weekly.

Yeah, I definitely meant "The Breaker."

And, I like the art in The Breaker more than I like that art in Berserk, actually. Well, sometimes. There is some really great art in Berserk and sometimes it's bland.

And for Berserk...I'd say that majority of the audience is over 20. Teens started reading it and it has been going on for so long that they are old, now. Such as me: I'm 27.

I also have a wife and kids...but i still have time to read manga and manhwa.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Was hooked on the Breaker in the first few chapters. Im still confused on some of the terms they use, though that's probably 'cause its Korean based.

New chapter turned things to a new level power wise. Even taking down those top elders.

Yes, he has power-level of over 9000, now. I was also wondering when he'd get that cast off....seemed like he had it for far too long.

No, he actually did not mean Berserk, The Breaker is apparently a Korean manhwa.

Yeah, this. Onemanga listed it as a manga, which is wrong.

Astner
Yeah, I definitely meant "The Breaker."
Odd, I couldn't find a manga with that title.

dadudemon
Odd, I couldn't find a manga with that title.

lol

http://www.onemanga.com/The_Breaker/

That link will self-destruct, shortly. laughing laughing laughing

psycho gundam
thx, i'm reading this now smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thx, i'm reading this now smile

The main character has to work for his power...even though it was basically handed to him. So it's not quite like a Naruto.

I think that this is one of the reasons I like the series so much: the main character has to bust his butt, for many moons. It's not like Naruto creating above S-Class techniques in 2 weeks and mastering Sage Jutsus in 2 weeks...this dude almost gets beat to death, many times, just to get better. (Similar to Naruto in that aspect...but it's still slow going.)

Spoiler! You can read it as it won't really ruin everything:

The other main character (the sensei) eventually gets so good that he can beat down anyone, even with a broken arm. The main character being awesome is established early on, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's whoopin' butt towards the end there.

BloodRain
The Breaker: New Waves is out... well, has been out for a while now. Putting it out there for the 3-4 other readers here.

dadudemon
Yeah, I've been reading New Waves for a while now.

I enjoy the artwork in The Breaker and New Waves better than any other big Manga out there. Mostly because it is much higher quality than most of the other stuff.

The story is decent.

I wonder how our main character is going to get his Ki center repaired?

It's a bit weird how he can super rapidly heal himself. It tells me that despite the fact that his Ki center is shattered, there are after effects of that ki ball (I forget what they call it) he ate is still affecting him. I want to see him slowly repair his Ki center and shoke the Muriam (sp?) world.

Everyone should stop reading Naruto and start reading this manwha because it's better. uhuh

BloodRain
...could have said it was out >__>

Completely forgot those plots you just mentioned, may have to read it from the start to reacquaint myself with whats going on. On the bad side it means reading all 70ish chapters again. On the good side.. it means reading all 70ish chapters again dancy

Yeah, of all of the low-key 'mangas' this has to be one of the best. Best Ive seen at least. Even above several high-key ones.

Demonic Phoenix
It is pretty good, (other main character dude is ossum) but is there only one scanlation/translation out there for Breaker? Scans look shitty.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It is pretty good, (other main character dude is ossum) but is there only one scanlation/translation out there for Breaker? Scans look shitty.

Try reading them on mangareader. That's where I read it.

There was legal battle out there that had them fighting over fan translation: the author/artist thought the manwha was being translated and sold (idiot) and did not understand that fans are doing this for free for other fans in the West.

Demonic Phoenix
Thanks. It's the same translation, but the scans look a little better on mangareader, than they do on mangafox.

Heh. It all turned out good anyway, since the translations did not stop.

dadudemon
Thanks. It's the same translation, but the scans look a little better on mangareader, than they do on mangafox.

Heh. It all turned out good anyway, since the translations did not stop.

Cool. thumb up

It did. They finally realized that they were being douches and potentially stifling their ability to sell stuff in the Western Market...eventually.

thanos-prime
Saw this thread yesterday and started reading it and im glad i did this manga is excellent!

dadudemon
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Saw this thread yesterday and started reading it and im glad i did this manga is excellent!

Awesome, Thanos! big grin

Post here more often, dude.

Demonic Phoenix
Cool. thumb up

It did. They finally realized that they were being douches and potentially stifling their ability to sell stuff in the Western Market...eventually.

On another note, some of the names are really hard to remember. But that's prolly coz some of the characters appear sparsely in chapters, while having some fairly long-ass similar looking names.

dadudemon
On another note, some of the names are really hard to remember. But that's prolly coz some of the characters appear sparsely in chapters, while having some fairly long-ass similar looking names.

That's Korean's for you. I can never remember their names.

thanos-prime
After reading a bit more this manga reminds me a bit of History's strongest disciple kenichi and what kenichi could have been.

Demonic Phoenix
There's something very awesome & funny about this page
http://i12.mangareader.net/the-breaker/29/the-breaker-803977.jpg

dadudemon
This last chapter was awesome.

Jae-Kyu Kwon is now officially a badass.

Punk ass b*tch comes into his house and insults the Sun-Woo clan and Elder Kwon lays the smack down on that b*tch like he's a fly.

http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/67/19

Then he tells the punk he's going to die. lol!

dadudemon
The Breaker is really good, these days.

When I saw this page, I was like, "OH SHIT! His shit is BROKE!"

http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8490/076.0/compressed/sthe-breaker-new-waves-3376577.jpg

This manhwa is better than the HST, imo.

Nephthys
http://i37.tinypic.com/2u8xl46.png

Still the best punch ever.

Demonic Phoenix
thumb up

socool8520
This is a very good manga.

Better art than Bleach and Naruto, for sure.

Shit just got serious in the last 10 or so chapters.

I don't understand why this Manga isn't more popular. It's more mature than other manga and has a better story. There are a lot less plot holes than the big hitters, to boot.

Anyway, it is a "fighting" manga, very similar to Veritas in that a street fighter is taken under the wing of a powerful fighter and shown how to fight with some uber techniques that transcend human capability. Well, it is also similar to Tenjou Tenge.

I recomend this to any manga fan as it's a good read. Up to 63 chapters, as of this post.

I have to say i really enjoyed this manga. The story is pretty solid and I have to agree that the animation is fantastic. I like that the main character (Shioon) isn't a powerhouse, or loaded with crazy potential from the get go. He is relatively weak but makes up for it with intelligence and will. Can't wait for ki center to come back in new waves. He already is becoming a bad ass again with the pills and meditation training.

Right now, I'm loving how bawss Elder Kwon is. That dude is legit. He's punking dudes/ladies like Goomoon ryong was in the first series.

socool8520
This last chapter was awesome.

Jae-Kyu Kwon is now officially a badass.

Punk ass b*tch comes into his house and insults the Sun-Woo clan and Elder Kwon lays the smack down on that b*tch like he's a fly.

http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/67/19

Then he tells the punk he's going to die. lol!

lol hell yeah. Made that punk change his tact real quick.

dadudemon
Shit...last chapter....those damn onions. Mother ****er.

Demonic Phoenix
Is New Waves better than the Part 1?

dadudemon
Is New Waves better than the Part 1?

In some ways, yes. In some ways, no.

It can drag at times.

Demonic Phoenix
What about in terms of action?

dadudemon
Action is alright. It is less than other martial art manga's (or manhwa's) but more than some.

Just read the first half. if you like the awesomeness in the first half, then start to the second half (new waves). I really like it.

Demonic Phoenix
I've read the first half, though I need to read it again. >__> I meant was the action in New Waves as good as it was in Part 1?

dadudemon
I meant was the action in New Waves as good as it was in Part 1?

It takes a while to get it back. But, yes.

socool8520
Anyone read the latest chapter? I was happy, then sad pretty quickly. I must say, I hope with the Shioon looking stronger again, that he starts mastering techs and taking it to the S.U.C (I think that's what they are called). I wanna see what this kid can do when he doesn't have to worry about his Ki center

socool8520
Wow, Shioon is basically god like now. It's gonna take that prodigy kid or Gumoonryong/his 1st Master (I think) to mess with him if Shioon starts training seriously for a few months. The kid Masters techs after seeing them once, and it only takes a few days.

dadudemon
Shioon's power climb continues. I mean, I was frustrated about his Martial Arts being gone for such a long time. But now I think the writer is making Shioon too strong. He seems stronger than he was before he lost his Ki Center. They are comparing him to the Nine Arts Dragon: Chun-Woo.

It is possible that it is setting up to be a end-manhwa battle between Shioon and Chun-Woo.

moviezandmacs
Breaker was great...thanks for the suggestion.

socool8520
Shioon's power climb continues. I mean, I was frustrated about his Martial Arts being gone for such a long time. But now I think the writer is making Shioon too strong. He seems stronger than he was before he lost his Ki Center. They are comparing him to the Nine Arts Dragon: Chun-Woo.

It is possible that it is setting up to be a end-manhwa battle between Shioon and Chun-Woo.

Yeah, he is pretty boss now. I think he is supposed to be stronger than before he lost his ki center though. He has had more time to train, and didn't he do special training with that old lady? Also, the only thing stopping him from wrecking shop before was the damage to ki center. If he hadn't, he would have been the GOAT then. He had already memorized the movements the 9 arts dragon left him on the cell phone. Now, we just get to see them in action.

moviezandmacs
Awesome manga...good pick

dadudemon
The Breaker: New Waves is the best "manga" out there, right now.

Nothing comes close to being as awesome as it is. Gives the feels of when I first read Dragonball or Berserk while still being new at the same time.

socool8520
I'm just glad Shioon has started to look BA. The only thing is, I hope the author doesn't write to be a tank all the time. That will get old fast. I hope after this current situation is over, Shioon gets to learn some Sunwoo clan techs from the lead elder. That dude is legit. I wanna see the progression from strong body to martial arts master. Kinda like what Kenichi has been going through.

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
I'm just glad Shioon has started to look BA. The only thing is, I hope the author doesn't write to be a tank all the time. That will get old fast. I hope after this current situation is over, Shioon gets to learn some Sunwoo clan techs from the lead elder. That dude is legit. I wanna see the progression from strong body to martial arts master. Kinda like what Kenichi has been going through.

Shi-Woon got a boost because he got the "life force" infusion from his old master.

So, his Ki-center is fully restored and then some. Shi-Woon needs to hone his abilities to that of elite master level. He has the endurance and willpower to rival any top level master. He just needs more skills.

But, yes....Kwon is a beast. a Freakin' beast, to be exact. He is supposed to be #2...out of top 10. If I remember correctly, he would be #2 only to the Goomoonryong: The Nine Arts Dragon (Chun-Woo Han).

So, as I understand it, the beasts of each Art would be one of the 10. There are Nine Arts. At the head of the Nine is the Goomoonryong. Second only to the Goomoonryong would be Kwon, according to this latest chapter.

So Kwon really is the most beastly of all Martial Artists in this series...save it be for The Goomoonryong. At least that's how I understand it.

dadudemon
Mmmhmmm...chapter was made of win, yet again.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker_new_waves/c123/17.html

Because **** you, that's why. big grin

Stealth
Elder Kwon laying down the law! Screw dueling formalities. In his eyes, this whole incident never happened.

socool8520
Originally posted by Stealth
Elder Kwon laying down the law! Screw dueling formalities. In his eyes, this whole incident never happened.

Nah, it did happen...He acknowledges it...and now his only way of ensuring Shioon's safe return is to kill everyone. I love his negotiating.

socool8520
Shi-Woon got a boost because he got the "life force" infusion from his old master.

So, his Ki-center is fully restored and then some. Shi-Woon needs to hone his abilities to that of elite master level. He has the endurance and willpower to rival any top level master. He just needs more skills.

Agreed. Shouldn't take him to long either seeing as how he can emulate moves after seeing them once. If he learns from the elder, he will be a beast quickly

But, yes....Kwon is a beast. a Freakin' beast, to be exact. He is supposed to be #2...out of top 10. If I remember correctly, he would be #2 only to the Goomoonryong: The Nine Arts Dragon (Chun-Woo Han).

So, as I understand it, the beasts of each Art would be one of the 10. There are Nine Arts. At the head of the Nine is the Goomoonryong. Second only to the Goomoonryong would be Kwon, according to this latest chapter.

So Kwon really is the most beastly of all Martial Artists in this series...save it be for The Goomoonryong. At least that's how I understand it.

I was under the impression that the guy that Goomoonryong fought at the end of the Breaker was no. 1. The Nine arts dragon wasn't included in the top ten even though he's the best as he denounced there ways, or so I thought. You may be right though. Regardless, that guy died, so Kwon is now the strongest in the recognized Murim alliance. That's awesome.

Stealth
Nah, it did happen...He acknowledges it...and now his only way of ensuring Shioon's safe return is to kill everyone. I love his negotiating. Lol, of course it happened. I'm merely admiring his "negotiating" skills and making light of the situation. A scorched-earth policy cladded in fists leaves nothing in it's wake. As if it never happened. (;

Is Goomoonryong even considered one of the 10 Masters of Murim? Seeing as Murim tried to inevitably eradicate any known feats he had accomplished through his supposed martial heresy. I'm curious to know if there's someone stronger than Kwon currently, yet still below Chun Woo.

Like Kang Sung?

socool8520
^ I agree with the 9 arts not being included. Like I said, i think that the guy he fought in the original breaker series was the recognized no. 1 in the murim world. I mean, I wouldn't think he would be the leader if he weren't the strongest, at least in this manga. I think kwon is the strongest master next to Goomoonryong now.

dadudemon
^ I agree with the 9 arts not being included. Like I said, i think that the guy he fought in the original breaker series was the recognized no. 1 in the murim world. I mean, I wouldn't think he would be the leader if he weren't the strongest, at least in this manga. I think kwon is the strongest master next to Goomoonryong now.

The former Alliance Chief was not necessarily the #1 ranked.

It stands to reason that there are 9 arts, 9 masters of each art, and 1 master of all 9: the 9 arts dragon.

Being the Alliance Chief is not a title of "strongest Arts Master", it is just as it is: the Alliance Chief. Only the Goomoonryong can lay claim to the strongest.

Therefore, the only possible interpretation is Kwon is second to Shi Woon Yi.

The current alliance chief, Kang Sung, is not necessarily a grand master but many fans just assume Kang Sung is one of the 10 grand masters.

But here is the final nail in the idea that anyone but the Goomoonryong is the #1 master:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker_new_waves/c060/5.html

In reference to Kwon, "Did you know? he is the only one who is keeping the seat of a second in command as one of the great ten masters."

That means that all the 10 grand masters are heads of their clans...

But wait, there are only 9 seats that can be held.

So how can this be?

Simple: Shun Woo Han is the head of all the Dragon Arts. So even though there are 9 seats, of all the grand masters, only 1 of them is not head of a Dragon Art: Kwon.

On the next page, it even makes it clear that being one of the ten grand masters allows a person to form their own clan:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker_new_waves/c060/6.html

So, by now, it is pretty clear that the clan heads are almost always 1 of the 10 grand masters.

Looking down the list of clan masters:

http://thebreaker.wikia.com/wiki/Shinmujengpe#Two_or_More_Seat_Holders

But, the current Alliance Chief very well be the #1 because he is the master/head of 3 different clans. He is the 3-Arts dragon.

An exhausted and bloodied Shi Woon Yi had his moves parried by Kang Sung.

However, it is possible that kang Sung is the #1 grand master and Kwon the 2 with Shi Woon Yi being outside/above all 10 of the grand masters. But that makes little sense because Shi Woon Yi beat all 9 masters and became the 9 Arts Dragon by doing so. So Shi Woon Yi is clearly the strongest of the grand masters.

socool8520
^ True...but he is denounced and unrecognized basically. Even though they know the 9 arts dragon to be the best....They don't include him since he turned his back on the murim rules. They never really have iirc.

dadudemon
Because Kwon is the only one mentioned as not being the head of a clan, he shares that in common only with Shi Woon Yi. Those are the only two "grand masters" that are also not heads of clans, thus far.

We have only a hint that Shi Woon Yi is the #1. We can only infer based on the Doctor and Kwon. We need to see the remaining masters.

But, Sung is not only the alliance leader but the head of 3 different clans.

Wait...why isn't the Goomoonryong also the alliance chief? It stands to reason that the IF you're of the 10 grand masters and also are head of your respective clan, then why does the title of Alliance Chief fall onto the Goomoonryong?

Wait, I get it: it is because of the collusion of the clans to never allow someone to defeat all 9 Art Dragons. That makes sense, now. So, because of decades or even hundreds of years of no Goomoonryong, then they just elect an Alliance Leader rather than doing it the old way via all of their defeat.

It makes more sense, now, that I think about it. That's why the clan heads hated Shi Woon Yi: he threatened to overturn their system of corruption and he is the rightful head of all the clans.

socool8520
But Kwon could have been the leader of the Sun woo clan I thought. He chose not to. And even though the murim nation hates the sunwoo clan, they follow the rukles enough to be accepted.

You're right, the 9 arts dragon was not supposed to beat everyone. He doesn't follow their rules and that's why he isn't recognized. It also didn't help that they also hated his master. We know who the strongest is, but Kwon looks to be right under him.

dadudemon
But Kwon could have been the leader of the Sun woo clan I thought.

Sort of. He never got the chance. The rightful leader abdicated/bestowed the right of leadership to Shioon (I forget how to spell the main character's name). So, there was never a literal chance of Kwon to ever take over unless he did it by force. I guess I am saying there was no gap for him.

You're right, the 9 arts dragon was not supposed to beat everyone. He doesn't follow their rules and that's why he isn't recognized. It also didn't help that they also hated his master. We know who the strongest is, but Kwon looks to be right under him.

After talking it over with you, I think Sung is supposed to be the #1. I think you're right about Shi Woon Yi (the Goomoonryong) being outside of the Murim stuff and is not recognized by both him and the alliance leadership.

Hooray for intelligent and respectful discussion! big grin

socool8520
Sort of. He never got the chance. The rightful leader abdicated/bestowed the right of leadership to Shioon (I forget how to spell the main character's name). So, there was never a literal chance of Kwon to ever take over unless he did it by force. I guess I am saying there was no gap for him.

I thought that his buddy, the one that was the head of the clan before the little girl, wanted him to be the clan head before he died or something like that, but I'm probably wrong. I'll have to read over that part again.

After talking it over with you, I think Sung is supposed to be the #1. I think you're right about Shi Woon Yi (the Goomoonryong) being outside of the Murim stuff and is not recognized by both him and the alliance leadership.

Hooray for intelligent and respectful discussion! big grin

It's always the the most productive way to reach a consensus. lol Although I could be wrong.

New chapter came out and Kwon looks even more boss than before. I wonder of the old doctor will try any of that needle work stuff on Kwon. He seems outclassed in the speed and strength department.

dadudemon
So the Elder is about to fight So-Chun Hyu

vansonbee
So the Elder is about to fight So-Chun Hyu or not.

Don't forget the protagonist has the final say as the leader of the group.

dadudemon

danteiscool
how did I not notice this thread before?

perhaps, but while Kwon is very loyal to Shioon, he is ultimately the one who's in charge of dealing with anyone he deems a threat to his gaju's safety. and if he thinks So-Chun is a threat in any way, well.....

dadudemon
Originally posted by danteiscool
and if he thinks So-Chun is a threat in any way, well.....

I would really like to see that fight.

A Kwon that is not holding back? heh

danteiscool
same here, but while So-Chun is a skilled/powerful person for his age, against Kwon, he won't be walking away unscathed.

danteiscool
whelp, it looks like we won't be getting to see who'd win that fight since Shioon diffused the whole situation. at least the ending of this chapter seemed more promising since there is no way Chun Woo and his group will be talked down that easily.

dadudemon
Can someone explain to me what is happening in this chapter?

Nothing is making sense anymore.

Is the Nine Arts Dragon in Jamsil or not? Is that were team Sunwoo is, right now?

danteiscool
team Shioon was heading to a different site because that Jamsil place is just one big distraction. but as you saw, they got blindsided by that car.

dadudemon
I wonder who is in that car.

Obama?

danteiscool
highly, highly, highly doubt that.

socool8520
I want to see what Shioon has learned. How far did he advance before redhead interrupted him? If he became on par with Cho-Hyuk, he is pretty beast right now.

danteiscool
Guess we will find out whenever he fights someone.

dadudemon
I want to see what Shioon has learned. How far did he advance before redhead interrupted him? If he became on par with Cho-Hyuk, he is pretty beast right now.

Ditto.

I strongly suspect that he is at or right below the 9-Arts Dragon.

It has been hinted at, for a long time, that he has the potential to be the most powerful Martial Artist, by far.

Yamcha
I just recentally caught up with The Breaker cause I was thinking of putting Ken Kitano from Sun Ken Rock
http://i58.tinypic.com/6rj228.jpg

Against some characters, BUT after catching up I no longer find that wise xD. I love Ken and his ability to take a ****ING BEATING is impressive, but his strongest feat I'd say is punching through bullet proof glass which compared to shit in The Breaker...not so impressive, BUT I'LL STILL KEEP IT IN MIND it seems the power scale in Sun Ken Rock is growing but still too early for a fight (Hell I was gonna put him against Shi-Woon even, but then I remembered he tore a car door off so...).

THAT BEING SAID, MAN...I love this series I forgot how much I enjoyed it, I get giddy as **** when Shi-Woon is going some place with the clan especially when Kwon is around xD I loved when he saw Goomoonryong and blocked his punch like "no expression...this is the clan head you're speaking to no expression no expression..." I love how everyone shits their pants when Kwon does that sick ass glare xD. I picked up when Kang-Sung was fighting Goomoonryong, awesome fight big grin. I hope Ghost Hands can save the him ;~;

OH and a character I've done a 180 on is Ryuji, at first I thought he was gonna be some douche, dude's actually pretty damn awesome, I love his whole Ryu get up xD. He says he couldn't take Goomoonryong but honestly I'd like to see the fight, where would you guys place him?

danteiscool
Well Ryoji is definitely strong, but I wouldn't place him at too high a level. I'd like to say he could easily take on the four supernovas, given his brief hustle with that one guy (keep forgetting his name, the one who keeps his eyes closed most of the time), and is still possibly a good match up for current Shioon (until the guy proves otherwise).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Yamcha
OH and a character I've done a 180 on is Ryuji, at first I thought he was gonna be some douche, dude's actually pretty damn awesome, I love his whole Ryu get up xD. He says he couldn't take Goomoonryong but honestly I'd like to see the fight, where would you guys place him?

It was made clear that a healthy Goomy would easily beat down Ryuji. But the Goomy that tried to face down Ryuji, that we saw, was a very weakened and damaged Goomy. They told him to rest up and that he was not match for that guy in his current condition.

I think Kwon, the second in command of Sunwoo, would also wipe the floor with Ryuji.

Yamcha
Agreed on both accounts, I think the whole reason I took him for top tier was having the same Master as Goomoonryong, I seriously wonder how strong that dude was >_>.

Although yeah I wouldn't place him anywhere near Kwon, Kwon is top tier for sure. Who are the few that you guys think could stand up to him? I mean from the looks of it this brainwashed Goomoonryong I'd say isn't at full power, I actually thought Kwon may win, Kang even seemed to really respect Kwon. Ghost Hands seems like he was doing alright, also Tae-Ul actually seemed to make Kwon hesitate a bit but he's also a grand master.

danteiscool
Against Kwon? Well, you've already pointed out a few, but I think we can also probably include Shioon's rival So-Chun Hyuk, at least until we see something more concrete. And there is also the leader of SUC (So-Chun's bro or cousin or whoever he was, I forgot) that could possibly give Kwon a bit of a good fight if he goes all out.

socool8520
Ditto.

I strongly suspect that he is at or right below the 9-Arts Dragon.

It has been hinted at, for a long time, that he has the potential to be the most powerful Martial Artist, by far.

IDK. I think it would take a lot for him to be that strong. It seems that the current 9 arts dragon is not as strong as he usually is due to the apparent mind control/amnesia. He didn't seem like he wanted to scrap with the Sunwoo elder very much. (Although who does. lol)

I would think being on par with Hyuk -sol is reasonable at the moment. Especially since he was interrupted. but you are correct, that it has been alluded to him having the potential to be one of the strongest ever due to his ridiculous ki now.

Although I think that girl that was originally the Gaju could also come out of the woodwork and become beat. It was said that if they could fix how she contains her ki that she could become god-like.

dadudemon
IDK. I think it would take a lot for him to be that strong. It seems that the current 9 arts dragon is not as strong as he usually is due to the apparent mind control/amnesia. He didn't seem like he wanted to scrap with the Sunwoo elder very much. (Although who does. lol)

I would think being on par with Hyuk -sol is reasonable at the moment. Especially since he was interrupted. but you are correct, that it has been alluded to him having the potential to be one of the strongest ever due to his ridiculous ki now.

Although I think that girl that was originally the Gaju could also come out of the woodwork and become beat. It was said that if they could fix how she contains her ki that she could become god-like.

I didn't know Chun-Woo was depowered. If he's been depowered a bit or even a lot, yes, that could change my opinion. I know he's weak from his fight with Kang-Sung but after he recovers (if he hasn't already done so), I thought Chun-Woo would be back to 100%?

Not to be "that guy" and come off as douchey, but do you have a chapter and page number that says Chun-Woo was depowered (not in those words, exactly...just something to hint or indicate that he's not as strong as before due to the mind control...also, is he being mind-controlled at all?).

danteiscool
Can't remember the exact chapter, but at least a few chapters back, it said that Chun-Woo was still weakened due to the mind control/amnesia thing they have going on him.

socool8520
I didn't know Chun-Woo was depowered. If he's been depowered a bit or even a lot, yes, that could change my opinion. I know he's weak from his fight with Kang-Sung but after he recovers (if he hasn't already done so), I thought Chun-Woo would be back to 100%?

Not to be "that guy" and come off as douchey, but do you have a chapter and page number that says Chun-Woo was depowered (not in those words, exactly...just something to hint or indicate that he's not as strong as before due to the mind control...also, is he being mind-controlled at all?).

There is mention of his head being messed which was messing up his bout with the bald guy in the karate ki in chapter 157. In the same chapter, the bald guy says that the 9 arts' skills are still great, but he is not himself.

In chapter 161, it shows the 9 arts dragon almost fall over when he has flashbacks indicating they are disabling him in some fashion.

I feel like all hell will break loose when he realizes what the S.U.C. is doing to him.

danteiscool
Especially if he regains his full power by that time.

socool8520
Damn...Shioon straight up wrecked this head government guy. The same guy who made glasses guy look like a chump casually. It wasn't too long ago that glasses guy was a handful for Shioon.

I would like him to go around and learn arts from some of the other masters to become the new 9 arts dragon. With his quick learning abilty, it wouldn't take him that long.

The only problem is a lot of the other masters don't care for him or the Sunwoo much. He should definitely learn form that murim head that recently fought with Goomoonryong before he dies. That guys techs were fairly effective for a bit.

danteiscool
Yeah, he sure taught that guy a thing or two.

I'd be inclined to agree with you on that, but we are talking about Shioon though; all this time, he's sought only to master techniques from Chun Woo and no one else.

socool8520
Well, he did accept training from the "Uncle" Sunwoo elder who died. He also accepted training from the old lady (The outer body method or something). I would think that he would accept training from people he respects, and I think he did respect Kang Sung. It would be foolish to not learn from a guy many thought could become another 9 arts dragon.

danteiscool
But those were just techniques meant to improve his physical abilities. Other than that, he's shown only Chun Woo's techniques.

socool8520
Fine. then he should just spar with everyone. lol it really only takes him one fight to learn other people's techs. Then he can meditate and wreck shop.

danteiscool
That's practically his modus operandi.

dadudemon
Did anyone notice that he pretty much executed the head government dude?

I hope that impression stays to solidify the point that Shioon is not messing around.

socool8520
Agreed. He completely annihilated that dude. If this is him from now on, the rest of the murine world is screwed.

danteiscool
Oh yeah. Especially if he intends to try and end every future fight as fast and efficiently as possible.

socool8520
Nah....He's Shioon. He will get destroed for 3 chapters and then pull out some crazy moves at the end to win. lol

danteiscool
A very valid point, lol. But now that he's clearly much stronger than he was prior to chapter 109 or so, it'll be harder for him to find opponents that'll smack him around that badly for several chapters or so.

socool8520
Yeah, he will definitely have to battle with Clan heads now to be beaten badly. No one under chundomoon kid should really challenge him at this point I would think considering it was alluding to him being on par with him after his meditation training. He had a smirk indicating to me that he either found a way to beat him in the training session or come close since that was who he focused on in his training.

dadudemon
Yeah, he will definitely have to battle with Clan heads now to be beaten badly. No one under chundomoon kid should really challenge him at this point I would think considering it was alluding to him being on par with him after his meditation training. He had a smirk indicating to me that he either found a way to beat him in the training session or come close since that was who he focused on in his training.

I think it is more severe than that. I think he was now significantly stronger/skilled than So-Chun. I believe that is what So-Chun realized when Shioon was getting into the elevator.

socool8520
I want to see them spar again before I believe he is significantly stronger than So-Chun. I doubt the authour would let a prodigy get punked just yet, but the elevator scene is a good allusion to your point. I thought he was more referencing Shioon's determination and fierce attitude than expected power jump.

danteiscool
At any rate, I think that moment showed that So-Chun was instinctively aware that the next time they spar, it's not going to be as 'easy' as their last one.

socool8520
Agreed. You can almost sense the confusion and fear he has from Shioon's rapid progression. It's got to be frustrating as well for you to have a rival of sorts that basically doubles or triples in strength every time you see them. Lol

danteiscool
All the more frustrating when you consider that So-Chun, talented as he is, has been doing martial arts since he was a child whereas Shioon has only been at it for a few months or so.

dadudemon
Originally posted by danteiscool
All the more frustrating when you consider that So-Chun, talented as he is, has been doing martial arts since he was a child whereas Shioon has only been at it for a few months or so.

Hehehehe!

danteiscool
Yeah, it's funny now until they fight again. At that point, for all we know, Shioon might actually be on the winning side of a fight from the get go.

socool8520
Man....I hope Shioon will get to show off against a real opponent soon. He is mopping the floor with these chumps...literally. lol

This sucks for Elder Kwon. Of course he has to be handicapped in this fight. lame

danteiscool
Agreed. Though I have no problem with him going to town on the mooks; it's quite entertaining.

Also agreed. That said though, considering how strong he is, I kind of doubt a handicap will make that much of a difference.

socool8520
Yeah it's funny, and glasses boy crying over how strong Shioon is is hilarious, but I want him to beat some legit martial artists and kind of solidify his status as the Gaju. It was interesting that he didn't seem afraid of the Chundomoon guy and was going to fight him until Kwon intervened.

Well this guy was the guy that defeated the Elders friend who supposedly was no chump himself.

danteiscool
Agreed. But now that he's on the way to Seoul or however it's spell, he'll most likely have to go through Chun Woo's 'guards' so we should be seeing how much he's improved then.

No, this mask guy is from the same clan/family as the one who killed Kwon's friend; just look at how young Kwon looked when his friend died. The age doesn't seem to match up.

socool8520
Oh yeah, you're right. But apparently he was good enough to learn the techniques from the guy who did kill the elder's friend, and the way I understand it, they only teach their best techs to the most skilled and trusted disciples. This would infer that this guy is pretty BA. Not to mention the way he was able to not be obliterated in every encounter he has had with Kwon.

danteiscool
Precisely. Now how he compares to grandmasters, we can't be sure as he isn't a grandmaster nor a clan leader. Though clearly, he was keeping his true skill level hidden.

socool8520
Right, and not being a clan leader doesn't mean you're weak with Kwon being a great example.

dadudemon
Right, and not being a clan leader doesn't mean you're weak with Kwon being a great example.

Yes. As far as I remember, Kwon vastly outclassed his clan leader. The Flashback made it seem like Kwon should have been the leader the whole time.

socool8520
I got the same impression. Everyone else who knows Kwon has also stated that he was more than stronger enough to have either been the Sunwoo leader or headed his own clan.

dadudemon
...or headed his own clan.

I forgot about that part. Yeah, that makes him very strong. Since he has earned the #2 or 3 spot for strongest masters (I don't remember which one it was), he's clearly stronger than most characters.

IIRC, only the 9-Arts Dragon is his better.

Edit - Here are the Grand Masters:

http://thebreaker.wikia.com/wiki/Jae-gal

Kwon is #2.

This other guy is #5.

Kwon has to have a handicap to make this fight interesting.

socool8520
Yeah, a handicap is the only real way I see this guy standing a good chance. Kwon is a badass. I was actually hoping Shioon would fight this guy and show how much he's grown. I will take him punking that Chundomoon prodigy's brother as a consolation prize though. He still owes that kid for embarrassing him previously. I hope it happens.

danteiscool
I think Kwon is indeed rank 2 among the grandmasters, so yes that really does say a lot.

I hope so too, especially since that guy took him hostage that one time with pretty much no real consequence. And given that So-Chyuk seems to be a little afraid of the guy, Shioon beating him would say a lot about his increase in power/skill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.