Percy Jackson versus Harry Potter...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Percy Jackson versus Harry Potter.

Percy has his pen/sword and shield, and is wearing his flying shoes.

Harry has his wand, and is on his firebolt.

The fight takes place over the Forbidden forest at noon.

Battle to the death, who wins?

KingD19
Harry....there's no water around for Percy to use.....but I'm pretty sure his magical items are more powerful than Harry's magic, so they could very well be immune.

Rogue Jedi
Percy is pretty capable with his sword. When Luke was shooting at him with the bolt, he was blocking the beams, Jedi style. Plus he has his shield.

I placed the battle over the forest , but it can rage on all around Hogwarts, it simply starts over the forest.

KingD19
Well, that might be a good fight then.

Rogue Jedi
I think so.

Harry is a better flyer, no doubt there, and is way faster though.

ares834
Harry. All he has to do is simpy disarm Percy...

KingD19
Forgot about the part that he has insanely powerful, magically forged items?

Whose to say Harry's spells will work on them?

I doubt a sword made by a god is susceptible to a simple disarm spell.

BruceSkywalker
Harry wins

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19

I doubt a sword made by a god is susceptible to a simple disarm spell. thumb up

KingD19
The way I see it, Percy stays behind his shield and blocks most, if not all of Harry's attacks.

If Harry gets close, he get's gutted, and if Percy get's near water, the fight is over...he's essentially Wolverine once he's even touched a source of water. Plus he could just drown Harry if he ever got that close to some H20.

Rogue Jedi
Harry does have some spells that could, at the very least, incapacitate Percy.

ares834

I doubt a sword made by a god is susceptible to a simple disarm spell.
Prove that it wouldn't work. In HP it works on everyone, even if they have the Elder Wand.
Anyway where was it stated his WePEN, god that was awfull, would not be disarmed. Sure it would eventually return to him, due to its power, but not immedeatly. Still Harry has plenty of other things up his sleeve. And Percy won't be able to hit him.

KingD19
Sword forged in the flames of Olympus...blessed by Poseidon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elder Wand.

And I know Harry has several attacks that could take it to Percy, but if he gets around water, the fight gets a whole lot harder.

Rogue Jedi
Harry could use Incarcerous, Accio, or even an engorgement spell on Percy.

steverules_2
If this could go beyond the forbidden forest then Percy is winning since there is a lake near Hogwarts so.....yeah....

Rogue Jedi
But Harry would have to follow him to the lake, Harry is not an idiot, he wouldn't do that.

steverules_2
So he knows of Percy's water powers?

dadudemon
In all of RJ's threads, he likes to give each side basic knowledge of eachother. no expression

steverules_2
Was never stated here

the ninjak
Percy kicks him in the balls.

dadudemon
Originally posted by steverules_2
Was never stated here

Now you know. Pwned. no expression

Kindly hand me your gun and badge, now.

steverules_2
Originally posted by dadudemon
Now you know. Pwned. no expression

Kindly hand me your gun and badge, now.

NEVAH! Yippe Kai aye motherf*cker!

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/diehard.jpg

dadudemon
NEVAH! Yippe Kai aye motherf*cker!

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/diehard.jpg

Ol' Bruce is passing a stone, for sure, in that shot.

That or he was just punched in the butthole.3

Edit - We should get back on topic...don't wanna get pwned by the Imp hammer.

ares834
Sword forged in the flames of Olympus...blessed by Poseidon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elder Wand.
Elder wand makes you unbeatable. no expression

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ares834
Elder wand makes you unbeatable. no expression

Hyperbole, as Dumbledore somehow managed to beat Grindelwald.

ares834
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Not the case as Dumbledore beat Grindelwald. no expression
I always assumed that Grindelwald did not use the wand against Dumbledore.

Edit: This is actually discussed quite often some theories include the fact that Grindelwald never became the Master of the wand as he stole it. Others that it is simply a powerful wand. No one really knows. But the second one doesn't make sense to me. After all, Harry managed to defeat Voldemort due to th Elder Wand, obviously Voldemart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harry, but the wand made THAT much diffrence. If Grindelwald used the wand against Dumbledore and was defeated he would have to ve FAR inferior. But there is plenty to suggest that Grindelwald is an incredibly powerful wizard as well.

Regardless, it imensilly magical and IMO far more magical than Riptide. After all it is a deathly hallow, and one of these has the power to bring spirits back the world of the living.

Rogue Jedi
Drop the elder wand shit, Harry has his regular wand. And DDM is right, all my threads, unless stated otherwise in the OP, the combatants have at least general knowledge of each other.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Drop the elder wand shit, Harry has his regular wand. And DDM is right, all my threads, unless stated otherwise in the OP, the combatants have at least general knowledge of each other.

You're correct. Harry doesn't have the Elder Wand as Deathly Hallows, part 1 and 2, are not out yet. smile

Do I win a COOOOOKIE?!?!?!?!?\

And, the Elder Wand discussion is actually just baseless speculation. It's more of a title than power.

Rogue Jedi
You're correct. Harry doesn't have the Elder Wand as Deathly Hallows, part 1 and 2, are not out yet. smile

Do I win a COOOOOKIE?!?!?!?!?\

And, the Elder Wand discussion is actually just baseless speculation. It's more of a title than power. haermm You like Twifags

ares834
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Drop the elder wand shit, Harry has his regular wand.
I'm not saying Harry would have the Elder Wand in this fight. Just that expelliarmus works on powerful itmes such as the Elder Wand as we see in HBP.
And, the Elder Wand discussion is actually just baseless speculation. It's more of a title than power.
Nah. It had enough power to rebound the Killing Curse, fix Harry's wand, and allow Harry to beat Voldy. It is immensly powerful.

dadudemon
Nah. It had enough power to rebound the Killing Curse, fix Harry's wand, and allow Harry to beat Voldy. It is immensly powerful.

Nah.

It had the power to work like a gun with a safety on it: if the owner of the wand didn't want the wand to hurt them, it wouldn't. That's just an anti-theft mechanism: something the Weasley Twins could easily conjure up.

Fixing a wand is hardly a "super power". That's a really lame super power.

And it didn't allow Harry to beat Voldy: Voldy killed himself with his over-confidence. erm

On top of that, the owner of the Elder Wand consistently got killed or defeated...quite often. It has a bloody history and, apparently, it's only real super-power is keeping people from using the wand against you: all other powers are hearsay, false, or extremely weak "super-powers" (repairing a wand is quite a lame "super-power".)

Demonic Phoenix
I always assumed that Grindelwald did not use the wand against Dumbledore.

Edit: This is actually discussed quite often some theories include the fact that Grindelwald never became the Master of the wand as he stole it. Others that it is simply a powerful wand. No one really knows. But the second one doesn't make sense to me. After all, Harry managed to defeat Voldemort due to th Elder Wand, obviously Voldemart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harry, but the wand made THAT much diffrence. If Grindelwald used the wand against Dumbledore and was defeated he would have to ve FAR inferior. But there is plenty to suggest that Grindelwald is an incredibly powerful wizard as well.

Regardless, it imensilly magical and IMO far more magical than Riptide. After all it is a deathly hallow, and one of these has the power to bring spirits back the world of the living.

Grindelwald lusted after power in his youth. Once he had it, I find it highly unlikely that he would not use it.

The allegiance of the wand turned to Dumbledore after he beat Grindelwald. That would never have happened unless Grindelwald was the master of the wand.
That aside, Grindelwald stuns Gregorovitch to get the wand. Draco was able to become the master of the wand by simply disarming Dumbledore. So yes, Grindelwald was the master of the wand.

The wand is arguably the weakest of the Hallows, combat power aside. One has the power to shield oneself from Death apparently, while the other can bring back people from the dead, albeit, they aren't really alive.
The Elder Wand is simply a super-wand, with the exception that its loyalty can easily change. As we already know, it's not unbeatable. Dumbledore himself couldn't truly beat Voldemort at their duel in the Ministry, despite being the master of the Elder Wand.

ares834
Nah.

It had the power to work like a gun with a safety on it: if the owner of the wand didn't want the wand to hurt them, it wouldn't. That's just an anti-theft mechanism: something the Weasley Twins could easily conjure up.
It still reflected the Killing Curse. The only other time anything has ever done this is whan Lily sacraficed herself for Hary thus protecting him with the power of love, which is the most powerful branch of magic apparently. And no, the Weasley Twins could never pull of such a feat, if you think otherwise I dare you to proove it.

Fixing a supposedly unfixable wand is impressive. It shows how much more powerful this wand is than others and how its spells are far mor eeffective.

A combination actually.

Anyway the only time an Elder Wand user may have been defeated in a duel is the one between Grindewald and DD. The others we have seen were hardly a fair duel or the user was not currently armed with it. The simple fact is the Elder Wand doesn't have "super powers", but instead works magic at a far higher level than most.

And DP, good points. Saying it was unbeatable of me was wrong. I agree with you. All though I would sya it is more impressive than the Cloak, hiding from Death is IMO obviously not true. After all, DD sees the three of them under the Cloak in CoS IIRC.

omgchos
Grindelwald lusted after power in his youth. Once he had it, I find it highly unlikely that he would not use it.

The allegiance of the wand turned to Dumbledore after he beat Grindelwald. That would never have happened unless Grindelwald was the master of the wand.
That aside, Grindelwald stuns Gregorovitch to get the wand. Draco was able to become the master of the wand by simply disarming Dumbledore. So yes, Grindelwald was the master of the wand.

The wand is arguably the weakest of the Hallows, combat power aside. One has the power to shield oneself from Death apparently, while the other can bring back people from the dead, albeit, they aren't really alive.
The Elder Wand is simply a super-wand, with the exception that its loyalty can easily change. As we already know, it's not unbeatable. Dumbledore himself couldn't truly beat Voldemort at their duel in the Ministry, despite being the master of the Elder Wand.
I just want to point out that i hate the director for making the movie duel this way. In the book there was no question who was winning the duel. In point of fact, he was dueling Bellatrix, and Voldy in the book. Voldemort actually boned outta the fight cuz he was being PWNT. Tho because this is a movie versus forum i guess it doesn't count.

steverules_2
Ok so I watched Percy Jackson last night and yeah I still give it to him, he managed to deflect every lightning bolt thrown at him whilst sliding down the roof of that building. I've never seen Harry do anything like that or as impressive. He also decapitated that...creature which name I can't remember, it had multiple heads and Percy cut them all of, dumbass idea BUT if it hadn't been able to grow it's heads back it woulda been an impressive feat. I'm pretty sure that Percy may even be strong enough to summon water from the lake near hogwarts and use it to his advantage.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by omgchos
I just want to point out that i hate the director for making the movie duel this way. In the book there was no question who was winning the duel. In point of fact, he was dueling Bellatrix, and Voldy in the book. Voldemort actually boned outta the fight cuz he was being PWNT. Tho because this is a movie versus forum i guess it doesn't count.

In the book, Bellatrix is simply cast aside by Voldemort like the insignificant fool she is, and is immobilized by Dumbledore the minute he appears. The actual duel was entirely between Dumbledore & Voldemort, and it was pretty even. Voldemort actually could have beaten Dumbledore at one point, had it not been for Fawkes taking the curse.

That's when Dumbledore gets the upper-hand, by encasing Voldemort in water. Voldemort escapes and tries to get Dumbledore to kill Harry, but then flees after the Ministry officials arrive.

So Dumbledore could not truly defeat Voldemort in the book.

Rogue Jedi
Ok so I watched Percy Jackson last night and yeah I still give it to him, he managed to deflect every lightning bolt thrown at him whilst sliding down the roof of that building. I've never seen Harry do anything like that or as impressive. He also decapitated that...creature which name I can't remember, it had multiple heads and Percy cut them all of, dumbass idea BUT if it hadn't been able to grow it's heads back it woulda been an impressive feat. I'm pretty sure that Percy may even be strong enough to summon water from the lake near hogwarts and use it to his advantage. I'm leaning towards Percy to. He seemed at home in battle.

Demonic Phoenix
Since Harry is on his Firebolt, he wins. He should be much faster than Percy, and much more agile/mobile.

jinXed by JaNx
Potter tricks Percy by turning himself into a cat. When Percy goes to pet the kitty, Potter casts avada kedavra

Rogue Jedi
Since Harry is on his Firebolt, he wins. He should be much faster than Percy, and much more agile/mobile. What I am thinking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.