Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

menokokoro
I don't know if this should be in the anime section or not because it is american....oh well, I'm putting it here.

So yeah, they are making a new Avatar series set 70 years after the end of The Last Airbender. I think it sounds awesome, I always wanted more "Mythology."

Anyway, what do you think?

Article here.

menokokoro
I thought a lot more people would be on here...you know more than just me.

Maybe it's because it is not on the anime forum

XanatosForever
It's entirely possible, since people can't tell the difference between anime and stylized american animation. The premise certainly sounds interesting to me.

menokokoro
I'm hoping it's going to be as good or better than the original. It does sound like it has potential

XanatosForever
Being set so far in the future means it fans will be introduced to new characters while many familiar settings are revisited. I'm a little said they didn't decide to cover the loose ends at the end of The Last Airbender, but I am looking forward to this.

ankur29
hmm aang must of had a short life ....

i thought the avatars have a long life span

XanatosForever
He was, what, around maybe 10 during the Fire Nation War? Add 70 to that and you've got 80, a more than respectable amount of time to live, especially in a world that lacks modern medicine, I'd say.

TheAuraAngel
New Avatar series is awesome. Hope it's good.

dadudemon
I Look forward to this.

Hopefully we get some love for the old characters like flash backs.

We should see some action from Aang, though, as he educates Korra on the ways of the force.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
I Look forward to this.

We should see some action from Aang, though, as he educates Korra on the ways of the force.

but i hope aang sounds like vader big grin

AsbestosFlaygon
If ever it is as good or better than the original series, then count me in.

I loved the original series. T'was one of the best Western anime I've ever watched.
Good storyline, action-packed, characters with solid backgrounds. Eyecandy is OK-ish and comparable to Japanese anime even.

ankur29
Originally posted by XanatosForever
He was, what, around maybe 10 during the Fire Nation War? Add 70 to that and you've got 80, a more than respectable amount of time to live, especially in a world that lacks modern medicine, I'd say.

but theres magical healers confused

does anyone know old roku was?

XanatosForever
At that time the only healers were Katara and possibly some women of Nothern Water Tribe, and sure, Katara was likely around Aang at most, if not all, times, but healing battle wounds and illnesses still won't prolong your natural lifespan.

Given his appearance, I'd be willing to say Roku was between ages fifty and seventy-five, personally.

dadudemon
At that time the only healers were Katara and possibly some women of Nothern Water Tribe, and sure, Katara was likely around Aang at most, if not all, times, but healing battle wounds and illnesses still won't prolong your natural lifespan.

Given his appearance, I'd be willing to say Roku was between ages fifty and seventy-five, personally.

He was around 70 when he died. thumb up

XanatosForever
Ha ha! Confirmation....damn, I wish there was a Phil Ken Sebben smiley.

TheAuraAngel
Aang would actually be around 60 when he died and I believe the creators established his shorter life was attributed to him freezing himself for 100 years.

menokokoro
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Aang would actually be around 60 when he died and I believe the creators established his shorter life was attributed to him freezing himself for 100 years. I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like the movie "Forever Young" he ages the years he was frozen at the end. But there is also the possibility that he is still alive and there is just another reason there is a new avatar...though, I don't see how that could be, and I hope isn't the case.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by menokokoro
I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like the movie "Forever Young" he ages the years he was frozen at the end. But there is also the possibility that he is still alive and there is just another reason there is a new avatar...though, I don't see how that could be, and I hope isn't the case.

Nah, he's dead. The only way I could see there being another Avatar was if Korra somehow learned how to energy bend. But Aang will likely do what Roku did and we'll get to see him helping and guiding Korra.

menokokoro
yeah thats what I keep telling people. a LOT of people think that Aang is GONE! But they forget...Korra IS Aang...I used caps a lot in that sentence...

Anyway, The plot seems a little too slapped together, I mean its pretty much X-men, the people against the benders sounds like the people against mutants. Idk though, they could make it pretty cool though.

TheAuraAngel
yeah thats what I keep telling people. a LOT of people think that Aang is GONE! But they forget...Korra IS Aang...I used caps a lot in that sentence...

Anyway, The plot seems a little too slapped together, I mean its pretty much X-men, the people against the benders sounds like the people against mutants. Idk though, they could make it pretty cool though.

Well the plot of the first one didn't seem special either. One Nation is bad, The Avatar has to bring peace. It's the little details like the eclipse and comet that made the plot more grandiose in nature. Hope they can work in certain things like that here as well.

menokokoro
excellent point, ok, I'm not so worried anymore

Omega Vision

Actually it should since nowadays no one really dies of old age anymore, they die from some form of cancer.

XanatosForever
Well, yeah, but there are some injuries that you just can't come back from. That and plot apparently dictates that Aang's guaranteed to be gone.

menokokoro
I can't wait to see what happened to Zuko and his mom, and if he is still alive, how good of a fire lord he is

Bardock42
Being set so far in the future means it fans will be introduced to new characters while many familiar settings are revisited. I'm a little said they didn't decide to cover the loose ends at the end of The Last Airbender, but I am looking forward to this.

They can explore that through flashbacks and it's consequences. I am quite excited, I hope it will be as good as the original.

Originally posted by dadudemon
I Look forward to this.

If I understand the mythology right, Aang must be dead for Korra to be born. But I suppose he will guide her somewhat like the previous Avatars did with Aang, so you are probably somewhat right, though I am not sure if we will see any action from him.

BloodRain
The first season is a mini one with 12 episodes, with all the flashbacks how how much 'Korra' story will there be? The plot must be vastly different as Korra knows all but airbending by the beginning.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BloodRain
The first season is a mini one with 12 episodes, with all the flashbacks how how much 'Korra' story will there be? The plot must be vastly different as Korra knows all but airbending by the beginning.
A lot of the story could actually focus on reestablishing airbending.

They never really explain why its only possible for the Avatar to learn more than one style of bending. Its not like the people of the four nations always had bending, they had to learn from something (Fire-Dragons, Water-Moon spirit, Earth-Badgermoles, Air-Skybison).

Yet the series also suggests that bending is a heritable trait seeing as the benders in the swamp were said to be distant cousins of the Southern Water Tribe.

So if its only possible to learn bending if you're (1) the Avatar or (2) descended from a Bender of a particular variety then perhaps the answer is for Aang's kid (I recall them mentioning him in the synopsis) to father a lot of Airbending-capable children.

menokokoro
now, if Aang had a kid with someone...lets say Katara, a water bender, could this kid be both a water bender and an air bender? or would it only be the dominent kind of thing, or just one or the other?

Omega Vision
now, if Aang had a kid with someone...lets say Katara, a water bender, could this kid be both a water bender and an air bender? or would it only be the dominent kind of thing, or just one or the other?
The creators are really unclear about that. If it were possible to create Hybrid benders then I imagine the Fire Nation would have instituted a policy of forcefully marrying Earth Kingdom women to Fire Nation officers in order to create an army of Earth/Fire (Magma) benders.

XanatosForever
I'm pretty sure each child has only a set chance of being a bender in one element. Which means that Aang and Katara's children would come out as either air benders or water benders.

I also think, since the show was more or less about restoring the balance, that nature would would allow more airbenders to manifest, likely from Aang and Katara's children.

Super Marie 64
Originally posted by ankur29
hmm aang must of had a short life ....

i thought the avatars have a long life span

I don't think it's been implied anywhere that Avatars live longer than anyone else, except possibly because they have all the elements and won't go down without a fight.

If Aang made it to 80, that's awesome. It's not more than reasonable that he's at the december of his life, then, though, or dead since years ago.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
I don't think it's been implied anywhere that Avatars live longer than anyone else, except possibly because they have all the elements and won't go down without a fight.

If Aang made it to 80, that's awesome. It's not more than reasonable that he's at the december of his life, then, though, or dead since years ago.
Given that in nearly 500 years there have only been 6 Earth Kings it would seem even non-Avatars can reach pretty extreme ages.

Kyoshi lived to be 230 though, which is the oldest recorded age of anyone in Avatar.

All things considered Aang dying at 80 isn't exactly what I would call a "long life" considering life expectancy is so damn high.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The creators are really unclear about that. If it were possible to create Hybrid benders then I imagine the Fire Nation would have instituted a policy of forcefully marrying Earth Kingdom women to Fire Nation officers in order to create an army of Earth/Fire (Magma) benders. MAGMA BENDING! that would be epic. but i don't think it is possible. maybe in a teamwork kind of thing. but the fire bender would have to be able to create some HOT fire

XanatosForever
Magma Bending, aka Lava Bending, is possible, though I don't know if anyone but the Avatar can pull off such a feat.

Actually, it might be possible. I recall in the drill episode, Katara and Toph worked together to bend the waste, a mix of earth and water, back into the machine.

menokokoro
Magma Bending, aka Lava Bending, is possible, though I don't know if anyone but the Avatar can pull off such a feat.

Actually, it might be possible. I recall in the drill episode, Katara and Toph worked together to bend the waste, a mix of earth and water, back into the machine. oh yeah, i didn't even think of the avatar.

and yeah, i think if a moderately skilled earth bender, and an INSANE fire bender teamed up, they could do lava bending. well wait, no, the earth bender would have to be really good too, i mean he would be controlling a liquid instead of a bunch of boulders. Now i hope they do this, it would be so awesome lol

Demonic Phoenix
Given that in nearly 500 years there have only been 6 Earth Kings it would seem even non-Avatars can reach pretty extreme ages.

Kyoshi lived to be 230 though, which is the oldest recorded age of anyone in Avatar.

All things considered Aang dying at 80 isn't exactly what I would call a "long life" considering life expectancy is so damn high.

I believe the creators stated that due to Aang spending a century in the Iceberg, his time after awakening was shortened.
My guess is that he died due to natural causes, unlike Roku, who was killed by the Volcano.

Assuming Aang died 17-19 years before the start of this series (Korra looks to be in her late teens, and apparently, the Avatar is not informed of their status until their 16th birthday), chronologically, he was roughly 170 years old.

Actually, it might be possible. I recall in the drill episode, Katara and Toph worked together to bend the waste, a mix of earth and water, back into the machine.

Magma is just molten rock, and has nothing to do with Fire, apart from the fact that they are hot. Fire-benders usually do not bend heat, nor do they bend super-heated liquids/solids, so I don't know if a Firebender could do it.
I think you'd need a Water-Bender & an Earth-bender. Perhaps maybe a Fire-Bender as well, if it turns out that Fire-bending is required.

XanatosForever
I don't know how reliable it is, but in the series recap that had commentary, they specifically stated that lava bending fire- and earthbending.

menokokoro
I think all lava bending requires is an earth bender. that is, if the rock is already molten. but if it isn't it should require a fire bender to melt it.

But since earth bending is different than bending liquids, and i dont think heat has much, if anything, to do with it. So the earth bender would have to learn from someone like a water bender to get better at bending liquid rock.

Then the fire bender should just have enough raw power to create a flame hot enough to melt rock. and i suppose enough control to not burn everyone around

Nephthys
Didn't Azulon bend lava when he was helping Ryoshi fight the volcano. I distinctly remember someone bending lava at that point.

menokokoro
roku did, azulon removed heat from the lava to cool it and harden it.

menokokoro
argh! I can't find that scene anywhere. I wan't to review it to make sure who did what.

menokokoro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzW07sfR76A&feature=related

ok, this doesn't show the whole scene, but 1:28-2:10 illustrates a few times how the avatar can bend lava and how a fire bender can take heat out of lava to harden it

menokokoro
ok also, just read some rumors, and one of them says that every one of the original characters are dead sad

XanatosForever
All of them, huh? I'm not that surprised, but it is a little sad to think about.

TheAuraAngel
Okay everybody, what's your favorite bending? I like Fire for 2 reasons: You can eventually make lightning, which is awesome and it's based on a similar martial art that I took years ago. And yeah, hate the movie for beating my favorite bending and making it lame as shit. miffed

XanatosForever
I have preference towards Air and Waterbending, myself. I notice that each bending form seems to have an extreme high tier ability attached to it (Lightning bending, blood bending, metal bending, etc.), and I must admit that I would be curious to see what, if any, high tier ability Airbending could progress to.

menokokoro
well they made all the bending lame, i mean they waved their arms around for an hour before anything happened, and nothing matched their movements at all.

(all these are assuming you mastered everything about all)

Air would be the most useful, because you are almost never without it, and if you are, you are dead anyway so whatever. not to mention you can fly with a glider and can lessen a fall, and lots possibilities in the air, and not to mention the air sword *fshew fshew*

though earth has some awesome aspects to it, because almost no one could sneak up on you, and almost nothing could stand in your way, like doors, walls etc. also finding things would be really quick, your stability is greater than the others, and obviously an iron man suit made from a door.

water also would be frikin amazing, i mean, ice water any time you want, just pull it out of the air, and freeze some of it. blood bending, making mist, and healing, healing is always a HUGELY important ability

but i would have to agree, fire bending is the coolest. the obvious reason, lightning. then there is the fact that you can indeed fly with enough power and control, and that is without a glider, that takes care of a HUGE reason i would pick air instead. you will always be warm, if you have your "breath of fire" lol, and you can channel heat. oh and the coolest thing about them, their origin is the coolest, they learned bending from frickin dragons!

XanatosForever
Celestial objects > Dragons

Waterbending ftw.

Not to say Dragons aren't cool, of course. wink

menokokoro
I would be curious to see what, if any, high tier ability Airbending could progress to. sucking the air from your opponents lungs...that would be pretty effective lol. man, you just keep making me think about combos with fire. they should have shown aang combining air with fire and making the fire hotter or something.

But yeah, for a less morbid high tier tech...uuh, idk if this was air bending or water bending, or a combination, but aang turned water into air from underwater. idk, its just a pretty well rounded bending style, i don't think it really needs a high tier tech, i mean its high defense, high speed, high jump/flying, moderate attack, all the others aren't capable of as much diverse abilities

menokokoro
Celestial objects > Dragons

Waterbending ftw.

Not to say Dragons aren't cool, of course. wink more epic, definitely, but not as cool

XanatosForever
sucking the air from your opponents lungs...that would be pretty effective lol. man, you just keep making me think about combos with fire. they should have shown aang combining air with fire and making the fire hotter or something.

But yeah, for a less morbid high tier tech...uuh, idk if this was air bending or water bending, or a combination, but aang turned water into air from underwater. idk, its just a pretty well rounded bending style, i don't think it really needs a high tier tech, i mean its high defense, high speed, high jump/flying, moderate attack, all the others aren't capable of as much diverse abilities

Hah, when you say that I get an image of Aang in a Dementor cloak, sucking someone's face off. laughing

XanatosForever
more epic, definitely, but not as cool

no expression...Epic > Cool. 313

menokokoro
Hah, when you say that I get an image of Aang in a Dementor cloak, sucking someone's face off. laughing I lol'ed so hard.
no expression...Epic > Cool. 313 fair enough, I just really like dragons

edit: i fail at seeing what you wrote, i thought you put epic=cool...oh well

XanatosForever
Hey, that's cool, I like dragons, too. Can't you tell from my avatar? stick out tongue

You might be right that Airbending is so well balanced it doesn't need a high tier ability. I just think it strange if that were the case.

menokokoro
yeah it is kinda weird, I am just trying to justify it, but i think it really is just because they couldn't come up with something, i mean everything he could do is just stuff you would expect, like tornado, or sand storm, just normal wind related things. oh yeah, they gave him the...what was it called, the wind ball thing lol, does that count?

TheAuraAngel
yeah it is kinda weird, I am just trying to justify it, but i think it really is just because they couldn't come up with something, i mean everything he could do is just stuff you would expect, like tornado, or sand storm, just normal wind related things. oh yeah, they gave him the...what was it called, the wind ball thing lol, does that count?

The air scooter. smile

Air is probably my favorite after fire, followed closely by water. The only thing that I don't care for with waterbending is the blood bending. It's too hax for my taste. And I never liked Earth honestly. Toph and Bumi are the only cool Earthbenders.

XanatosForever
Earthbending was a very solid (lolpun) bending form. It was all about being steady as a rock, literally, and most people just can't do that. It's also not as flashy.

I appreciated the fact that they included blood bending, as I thought of it as a possibility from the start. I also really like that they limited its use to when the moon was full. Hell, if it wasn't for that and the fact Hama was the only one who had learned it before Katara, the Fire Nation probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as they did.

menokokoro
yeah blood bending is way to overpowered, even for only being able to do it once a month. I mean that is WAY more over powered than what the fire nation got for the comet, well in a way, the fire was much more "powerful" but its just the same old stuff, just bigger.

Oh, one thing I wonder about, ever since they had the phoenix king, they already have dragons as an actual creature, wonder if there are phoenix (is that already the plural of it? or should i add an 's?) and if so, what would it be, a cousin to the dragon or something?

sorry, I just like pretty much all fantasy type mythology, so I am hoping for more stuff like the dragons...the dragon dance episode is still one of my favorites

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Nephthys
Didn't Azulon bend lava when he was helping Ryoshi fight the volcano. I distinctly remember someone bending lava at that point.

Roku bent the lava iirc. Sozin just redirected heat. He was the only one to do so. Quite similar to Lightning Redirection I think.

I don't know how reliable it is, but in the series recap that had commentary, they specifically stated that lava bending fire- and earthbending.

Really? mmm
You wouldn't happen to have a YT link would you?

I appreciated the fact that they included blood bending, as I thought of it as a possibility from the start. I also really like that they limited its use to when the moon was full. Hell, if it wasn't for that and the fact Hama was the only one who had learned it before Katara, the Fire Nation probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as they did.

I think the technique will just die with Katara though, so we might not see Blood-bending in this new series. Though seeing an Avatar like Korra blood-bend could be really awesome.

Okay everybody, what's your favorite bending? I like Fire for 2 reasons: You can eventually make lightning, which is awesome and it's based on a similar martial art that I took years ago. And yeah, hate the movie for beating my favorite bending and making it lame as shit. miffed

Fire & Earth.
Yeah, that was really stupid. facepalm2
Fire-bending was somewhat balanced in the actual series. They just gimped it in the movie.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Really? mmm
You wouldn't happen to have a YT link would you?

Afraid not, it's some special thing they're doing on Nicktoons network. I know it was mentioned in the episode where that Earth General tried to force Aang into the Avatar State, though.

I think the technique will just die with Katara though, so we might not see Blood-bending in this new series. Though seeing an Avatar like Korra blood-bend could be really awesome.

It would make sense, considering Katara swore she'd never use it after confronting the soldier who took her mother.

Fire & Earth.
Yeah, that movie was really stupid. facepalm2
Fire-bending was somewhat balanced in the actual series. They just gimped it in the movie.

Fixed for you. Gods that movie sucked. gay_rage

menokokoro
yeah it did, and not just from a fans perspective, it was just a bad movie

TheAuraAngel
From a movie stand point, it's a bad movie. Effects are tolerable if suspension of disbelief is present. Otherwise, every thing is either mild or horrible depending on perspective. And the movie logically makes no sense either.

Fire Lord:"We don't need the Earth Benders bending earth. Throw them on slave boats to prevent that."
Fire Nation Grunt:"Well.....we do have them in camps and their spirit is broken."
Fire Lord:"Well where are the camps?"
Fire Nation Grunt:"Next to a mountain. Don't worry, their spirit is broken and we have 4 campfires there just in case."
Fire Lord:"Hahahaha brilliant."

/Movie logic fail.

menokokoro
my personal favorites

zuko: "come with me, or i will destroy the village"
aang: "I'll come with you, just don't hurt the village"

then there is possibly the most horrible and most pointless line in the show

aang: stops in the middle of a large battle, to say "the monks would meditate a lot, some monks would meditate for four days" paraphrasing, i probably butchered the line, but still, you get the idea.

aang: after escaping from zuko "we need to go to the northern water tribe."
soka: "there are a lot of villages on the way that are controlled by the fire nation, we could go from town to town, freeing them, on our way to the northern water tribe."
aang nods. rest of movie is a montage of them doing this.

Omega Vision

though earth has some awesome aspects to it, because almost no one could sneak up on you, and almost nothing could stand in your way, like doors, walls etc. also finding things would be really quick, your stability is greater than the others, and obviously an iron man suit made from a door.

Most of those abilities aren't from being an Earthbender, they're from being Toph. She's basically the best Earthbender in the World of Avatar, the only Metal Bender and someone who can see with her feet via Earthbending.

Pretty much all other Earthbenders lack those traits.

menokokoro
i said earlier on that post that that is assuming you mastered everything about the bending. anyway, other benders could learn those things, Aang learned to feel like toph at the end, toph is just like an uber prodigy of earth bending, she would pretty much have to teach it to someone else, otherwise it would be pretty difficult to learn

Omega Vision
i said earlier on that post that that is assuming you mastered everything about the bending. anyway, other benders could learn those things, Aang learned to feel like toph at the end, toph is just like an uber prodigy of earth bending, she would pretty much have to teach it to someone else, otherwise it would be pretty difficult to learn
A lot of Toph's attributes can most likely only be attained by being blind and thus able to better "listen" to the Earth. Aang is the Avatar so of course he could learn but I'm not sure anyone else could.

Look at Bumi, he was 113 years old and (other than Toph) probably the greatest living Earthbender. With all his years of experience he still couldn't metal bend or sense things like Toph did. That was why he knew Toph would be a better teacher for Aang.

KingD19
Well Toph could do it because she was in the same situation as the badger moles, blind as hell and needing a way to see. Besides the Avatar, I'm not sure any other bender could learn that.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Toph could do it because she was in the same situation as the badger moles, blind as hell and needing a way to see. Besides the Avatar, I'm not sure any other bender could learn that.
Yeah. Blindness plays a big part in explaining Toph's success as a bender. Without the distraction of sight she can listen to the Earth.

menokokoro
A lot of Toph's attributes can most likely only be attained by being blind and thus able to better "listen" to the Earth. Aang is the Avatar so of course he could learn but I'm not sure anyone else could.

Look at Bumi, he was 113 years old and (other than Toph) probably the greatest living Earthbender. With all his years of experience he still couldn't metal bend or sense things like Toph did. That was why he knew Toph would be a better teacher for Aang. the only thing superior about the avatar (besides the avatar state) is being able to bend all the elements, the rest is up to the individual. and like i said, aang was taught by toff, a blind earth bender who learned these abilities because she is blind. so she could teach those things to someone else, there is no reason to think that she couldn't.

I agree that to just learn on your own you would have to be blind to learn. and since bumi isn't blind it makes sense that he doesn't know it. bumi didn't know about toff, he just said that he needs to find someone who waits and listens, it just so happens that toff was that person, it had nothing to do with metal bending or seeing with your feet.

Omega Vision
the only thing superior about the avatar (besides the avatar state) is being able to bend all the elements, the rest is up to the individual. and like i said, aang was taught by toff, a blind earth bender who learned these abilities because she is blind. so she could teach those things to someone else, there is no reason to think that she couldn't.

I agree that to just learn on your own you would have to be blind to learn. and since bumi isn't blind it makes sense that he doesn't know it. bumi didn't know about toff, he just said that he needs to find someone who waits and listens, it just so happens that toff was that person, it had nothing to do with metal bending or seeing with your feet.
I like to believe that being a 113 year old crazy-genius Bumi knew of Toph. stick out tongue

menokokoro
lol, that would be cool, but thats not how i see it.

but there is no evidence to the contrary, so you could be right.

XanatosForever
I like to believe that being a 113 year old crazy-genius Bumi knew of Toph. stick out tongue

Bumi was a mad genius, you ignorant cretin. estahuh

And if he wasn't referring to Toph from that statement, then I'm a flying lemur's uncle.

KingD19
There's no way Bumi wasn't talking about Toph.

Some who waits, and listens.

That's how she fights, she waits for her opponent to make a move, then listens/feels their vibrations.

menokokoro
lol seems im the unpopular one on this subject.

but just because thats exactly what she does, does not mean that she was who he meant. It could mean that bumi knew aang needed that sort of teacher, and toff was that sort of teacher he needed.

anyway, back to the argument that spawned this one. I think bumi could have learned metal bending and seeing with his feet at a younger age (like toff/aangs age) but right now i think he is too set in his ways for him to learn something new, or it would be really tough for him.

KingD19
If he was younger and trained with Badger-Moles...I'm sure there's a chance he could have learned it.

But yeah, not now. I'm still curious as to how Aang figured out how to do it with no formal training.

Omega Vision
If he was younger and trained with Badger-Moles...I'm sure there's a chance he could have learned it.

But yeah, not now. I'm still curious as to how Aang figured out how to do it with no formal training.
He's the Avatar. He was able to perform rudimentary firebending after next to no training with the deserter in Season One. He was also able to copy Katara's water bending just from seeing her do it once.

menokokoro
He's the Avatar. He was able to perform rudimentary firebending after next to no training with the deserter in Season One. He was also able to copy Katara's water bending just from seeing her do it once. I don't think thats because he is the avatar, i think that is because he is just good, he learned VERY quickly, partly because he had to, and partly because he is a prodigy. f/e avatar roku took years to master each element, aang did them in what, a few weeks.

its like i said, the reason he leaned to see through earthbending is because he was taught by toff. imo

Omega Vision
I don't think thats because he is the avatar, i think that is because he is just good, he learned VERY quickly, partly because he had to, and partly because he is a prodigy. f/e avatar roku took years to master each element, aang did them in what, a few weeks.

its like i said, the reason he leaned to see through earthbending is because he was taught by toff. imo
No it's definitely because he's the Avatar. As the reincarnation of the previous Avatar (and all those before him) he has A Priori knowledge of bending that is just waiting to be unlocked and coaxed out of him. That's the only reason the Avatar can learn more than one style of bending. Some Avatars are probably more skilled than others (I'd reckon Kyoshi was probably number one before Aang came along) but they all have the same innate capacity to learn incredibly fast and well.

KingD19
Well, all the Avatars shown had some crazy feats....and each was number 1 in their prospective element.

Omega Vision
Well, all the Avatars shown had some crazy feats....and each was number 1 in their prospective element.
What was the most recent Waterbender Avatar's uber feat?

Zampanó
I'd really like to see Toph as a grown up.

That is all.

KingD19
What was the most recent Waterbender Avatar's uber feat?

The only thing he did, was when Aang was channeling all the spirits to talk to him; he casually made a tidal wave that was hundreds, if not thousands of feet high and wide.....and he surfed it.

menokokoro
ok, awesome move for airbenders! Condensing air so much that it becomes a liquid, then releasing it, causing an air bomb that would freeze everything. (cuz when it expands again, gases get really cold)

XanatosForever
Of course! Air is essentially gas, so they could utilize all sorts of natural elements. I wonder if they could even change it so far as to become solid? Hmm...

menokokoro
the avatar could probably, other than that, i doubt they could get enough power

FistOfThe North
James Cameron's: Avatar

menokokoro
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
James Cameron's: Avatar x800,000,000 <Avatar:The last Airbender

FistOfThe North
x800,000,000 <Avatar:The last Airbender

how 'bout m. night's airbender v jc's avatar. the greater than sign'd have to turn the other way and the number'd be X1,000,000,000.

cool

menokokoro
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
how 'bout m. night's airbender v jc's avatar. the greater than sign'd have to turn the other way and the number'd be X1,000,000,000.

cool ok, m night avatar < barny's tooth

KurtRussellCrow
This sounds promising, I am very curious as to what happens to Aang.

TheAuraAngel
UfDk3I6di5E

KingD19
Originally posted by KurtRussellCrow
This sounds promising, I am very curious as to what happens to Aang.

Aang's dead, so is everyone else on team Avatar, and all the adults they associated with.

Aang and Katara had a kid though, whose gonna teach Kora airbending.

menokokoro
UfDk3I6di5E HA! I got a good laugh out of that. that pretty much sums up the movie perfectly, its like they knew it was going to be like that.

Aang's dead, so is everyone else on team Avatar, and all the adults they associated with.

Aang and Katara had a kid though, whose gonna teach Kora airbending. aang might be dead, but he still exists, korra technically "IS" aang. Also, there is bound to be at least a few flashbacks

KingD19

aang might be dead, but he still exists, korra technically "IS" aang. Also, there is bound to be at least a few flashbacks

You are right, it totally skimped my mind that Aang is to Korra, what Roku and the other Avatars were to Aang. Yeah, her interactions with him should be pretty cool.

neo010
hahaha.... I think that this movie is avatar...na'vi. about avatar 2..
hahaha... my mistake.

SamZED
The Legend of Korra trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VkHYtS6MY

PS: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (In an annoying fangirl voice)

Nephthys
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Awesome trailer. The fights looked like they were up there with the Final Season 3 fights and they were some of the best animated fights I've seen. And they all looked like that. I am so watching this.

BruceSkywalker
this looks pretty good, however she better communicate with aang

SamZED
There's already an official screenshot that shows her talking to Aang's spirit. smile

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6131/aangkorraprint.jpg

Although I like the fanmade better.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5771/aangandkorrabyalancoope.png

KingD19
HAHAHAHAHA. The fan made is so much better.

Nephthys
Yes, the fanarts for this show are already pleasing. Especially the ones involving Yue.........

dadudemon
I greatly look forward to this. I'm a grown *ss man with kids...who will also watch it with their father. My kids selected (on Netflix streaming), on their own, Avatar: TLAB, and were watching it when I came out of the office to check on them.

I was a proud father, today. Proud. cry

8luesteel
okay this post is retardid. you guys are all reatardid have you never seen avatar? its not even caled the last airebender its called james camrens avatar! its about when this man goes to another planet and has a budding romantic with the blue cat lady, and theirs noone called aang or even korra!!1 and theirs also noone called the north water tribe. and when i read this post i also thought it was so stupid and ir wanted to punch the screen so hard that it came through you guyses computers and punched all you guys in the face so you woud hav ebeen PWNed!

SamZED
LOL

Pallas
Can't wait for this. Avatar excelled because the villian got developed in equal proportion to the hero! Well, I think you rooted for Zuko as much as you did Aang.

Pallas
Cannot wait for this. Just awesome!

SamZED
I actually rooted for Azula muahaha.

cpa_parkcity
I like the cartoon a lot. The movie though was really disappointing. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

john321
i felt kinda sad when they said avatar aang's time came to an end. had to remind myself they're not real people but i'm still :C why they gotta get ...

KingD19
I know how you feel John. But still, for a new Avatar to be born, the old one has to die.

For Korra to have a show and be Avatar, Aang has to be gone, lol.

And she will be contacting with him like he did with Roku, so it's all good.

The Big Man
Originally posted by 8luesteel
okay this post is retardid. you guys are all reatardid have you never seen avatar? its not even caled the last airebender its called james camrens avatar! its about when this man goes to another planet and has a budding romantic with the blue cat lady, and theirs noone called aang or even korra!!1 and theirs also noone called the north water tribe. and when i read this post i also thought it was so stupid and ir wanted to punch the screen so hard that it came through you guyses computers and punched all you guys in the face so you woud hav ebeen PWNed!
Clown , this is the "Animation and CGI" forum if you are looking for the film with the blue alien-monkeys go to the film forum.
This thread is about the animated series which is completely unrelated to that shit*y overrated film

The Big Man
Originally posted by SamZED
I actually rooted for Azula muahaha.

We all did evil face

The Big O
does anyone know when this is coming out?

Nephthys
The release date has been announced!

hiyqfthq19g&feature=player_embedded

Set to be aired at 11am, April 14th.

marwash22

KingD19
It got deleted like a half hour ago.

marwash22
too bad. it's probably up somewhere else but I'm not gonna post it again 'cause it's likely that the same thing will happen.

Nephthys
I found it again.

KingD19
-falls to their feet and praises them- Bless you, sirs. Bless you.

Nephthys

Peach
Do not post links to episode leaks.

marwash22

KingD19
DO NOT BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!!!

And yeah, aside from her freakish strength...(actually kind of a turn on since she's not buff about it) Kora's a total babe.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Peach
Do not post links to episode leaks.

Sorry. I didn't know it was against the rules, but I probably shoulda guessed.

I want do that again in the future. >_<

Originally posted by marwash22
inorite. droolio

i liked Toph's daughter as well. that little exchange between her and Korra was quite funny.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0l07gsonO1qbtg0uo1_500.jpg

Yeah, I can't wait until we get some backstory on her. From the exchange in the station I'm guessing she pissed at her mom. I can dig that. I see Toph as being a hilariously irresponsible parent.

marwash22
didn't know it was against the rules either. my bad.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/JAO9M.gif

Win.

KingD19
These guys are frickin hilarious.

marwash22
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/JAO9M.gif

Win. yeah, that was the part. laughing out loud

Old Sokka would have been cool to see. Can you imagine how funny an old senile Sokka would be? the lulz.

Also, it's cool to see that metal bending has evolved past having to physically touch it.

TheAuraAngel
Steve Blum! :O

Korra is crazy talented. She was better than Aang when she was like 6. Good thing she's likable otherwise that would be a problem.

Toph's daughter is a meanie. But the Metal Benders are leet stuff.

Humor was awesome and the action wasn't too shabby. Hope to see more.

And lol "What happened to Zuko's mom?"

ares834
Korra aint hot... sick

Anyway, looks pretty good. And Amon is already bad ass.

Nephthys
Dipshit how can you say Korra ain't hot? She makes Katara look like an wrinkled old woman by comparison.

And lol "What happened to Zuko's mom?"

Yeah that was such a wink at the fanbase! laughing

KingD19
Raised pony tails are the new hair loopies.

TheAuraAngel
Hmm...the city is far more high tech that I thought. Mics and stuff.

Not to sure what to think of Amon. He seems badass but I don't really know how he can face benders. Sure he can do his speeches and stuff but quite honestly that would be pretty boring if he just did that.

So he'll probably be 1) a crazy high tech inventor who can invent things to deal with benders or 2) A super human who might use weapons like Mai, Piandao, or something like that.

Hopefully a mix of the two. ^^

marwash22
from what i've read, Amon is pretty much a higher level version of Ty Lee. if he's more agile and faster than Ty Lee, he will be more than capable of fighting benders.

TheAuraAngel
from what i've read, Amon is pretty much a higher level version of Ty Lee. if he's more agile and faster than Ty Lee, he will be more than capable of fighting benders.

Darn. Weapons are cooler. :T

KingD19
Yeah, the "Equalists" use Chi Blocking like Ty Lee. And Amon as the big baddy is obviously going to be the best there is.

TheAuraAngel
Hopefully he'll be able to do other stuff. Chi Blocking was only cool when Ty Lee did it.

KingD19
Well she's probably dead soo.....

Plus she taught the Kyoshi Warriors Chi Blocking when she joined them.

TheAuraAngel
She did? o.O

KingD19
Yeah. When she joined them in the final episode she said she was going to teach them chi blocking and they'd have lots of fun.

TheAuraAngel
F*cking Neph figured out who Amon is. Bastard.

KingD19
What? When?

Nephthys
For my next trick, I deduce that Zuko's Mother was found to really be....

JUNE!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcfa8bvsyq1qd4z24o1_500.png

OH MY ****ING GOD MAI STOP MAKING OUT WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Nephthys
Also Amon wears a mask because Koh stole his face.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13gv4RX9f1r01r28.gif

Demonic Phoenix
Lulz, even as a 6 year old, Korra is more awesome than most.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15839643.jpg

Also, Tenzin >>> Aang. Badass Beard & J.K. Simmons make it so.

TheAuraAngel
6 year old Korra vs 3 year old Hanabi. vin

Demonic Phoenix
2 year old Sasuke wins. innuendur

Also, (statue of) adult Toph was hawt.

marwash22
adult Toph was probably beastly as a bender.

TheAuraAngel
Toph was a beastly bender at the age of 12, who could actually rival Bumi, the strongest Earth bender in the world. As an adult? Jesus. haermm

Demonic Phoenix
adult Toph was probably beastly as a bender.

A much better metal bender than those cops, and likely a stronger Earth Bender than Bumi was at 112? Yeah, uber beastly.

To be fair, even Zuko and Katara would have been beastly as adults. I can imagine Katara controlling n00bs without the Full Moon, while Zuko bended Lightning and multi-coloured fire. vin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>