Galen Marek Vs. ROTS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
Were the Jedi Masters coddling the wrong Jedi?

3 areas por favor.

Mr. Anderson014
Sabers: Anakin by far
Force: Galen by far
All out: Galen

Galen already beat vader, who in my opinion, is greater than ROTS Anakin. Not to say Anakin has no chance at winning. It all depends on where his heads at...but a mojority of the time its in the wrong place.

Galen swallows Anakin with the force.

Master_Galen
The sabers would without a doubt definitely go to Anakin because we have seen him duel without force powers multiple times whereas Galen always uses the force in any battle or duel, but the rest would have to go to Galen.

This is simply because George Lucas himself has said that Anakin never reached his full potential and Haden Blackman has stated that Galen is 'supposedly' the equal of Luke, who was stronger than Anakin.

That and Galen was always pushed to the limits in his use of the force and had some incredicle feats in the force compared to Anakin, who in my opinion always used force rage to help him but that would hinder him in this fight as Galen would beat with soresu ala Obi-Wan then batter him with the force powers at his disposal.

axel_jovan
In force and all-out Galen stomps.
However, in pure sabers Anakin wins, but Galen is not going down easily IMO. For what it's worth he was "a master of multiple forms" (Juyo) and seemed good enough to give Anakin a good fight.

truejedi
where is the Haden Blackman quote? Cause that is veeery interesting.

Master_Galen
Bottom of Galen Marek's wookieepedia page.

Sorry but i cant't post links yet, only joined today.

ares834
Just cause Haden says it doesn't make it canon.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by ares834
Just cause Haden says it doesn't make it canon.

^Very true.

I'll agree that Galen is more powerful in the purely Force department, but I think Anakin would take it in both sabers and an all out duel. Him beating Dooku I think is good evidence of that.

Gideon
Him beating Dooku isn't evidence to suggest he could take Marek. Now the ease with which he defeated Dooku is more convincing.

Darth_Glentract
Since I assume we've all seen ep3 at least once, I figured everyone would know it appeared to be with relative ease. Thanks for pointing that out anyways, Gideon :P

Galan007
Originally posted by Master_Galen
and Haden Blackman has stated that Galen is 'supposedly' the equal of Luke The equal of Luke at what point? During ANH? Post-RotJ? Overall? What? It makes a huge difference.

For instance, we know for a fact that Palpatine >> Galen. But I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Luke (later on in his career, at least.)

---

As for this thread:
1.) Anakin
2.) Galen
3.) Anakin

Imo, Anakin is going win any scenario where he is permitted to use a lightsaber.

Mr. Anderson014
After thinking about it further, I'm starting to lean towards anakin as well. They are both leagues above each other in their respective specialties. Anakin with his saber skills, and galan with the force. However in this rare case, Anakin seems to actually be the more mature and experienced combatant of the 2, being a couple years Galan's elder and having endless amounts more of battle experience because of the clone wars.

truejedi
my personal opinion is Galen in a force or all-out. His force abilities are close to overwhelming, and the trailer for TFU 2 were kinda mind-blowing. Consider mine blown.

Lord Lucien
You're punny.

Master_Galen
Originally posted by Galan007
The equal of Luke at what point? During ANH? Post-RotJ? Overall? What? It makes a huge difference.

For instance, we know for a fact that Palpatine >> Galen. But I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Luke (later on in his career, at least.)

Sorry bout that. From what i've read in that article, which is on Galen Marek's wookieepedia page, Haden Blackman is saying that Galen is the equal of dark side Luke, that is how i percieved the meaning.

Lord Lucien
Blackman was speaking poetically. And it was a simile. It was rather obvious he was referring to Luke/Galen's position and psyche--Dark Side Sith apprentices to Vader.

Master_Galen
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Blackman was speaking poetically. And it was a simile. It was rather obvious he was referring to Luke/Galen's position and psyche--Dark Side Sith apprentices to Vader.

No i dont believe that it what he was implying, to me it is quite clear from the statement if you read it that Galen is a top tier force user, he says it himself. Here is the actual quote itself.

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force."
- Haden Blackman

Lord Lucien
Yeah, that's a description of his character. His persona. Not an exact measurement of power or a detailed list of his feats. There is no "inside" match-up between the two, only a description of personalities. Learn the difference.

Master_Galen
Yeah, that's a description of his character. His persona. Not an exact measurement of power or a detailed list of his feats. There is no "inside" match-up between the two, only a description of personalities. Learn the difference.

If you would read my first post again you would see that all i said was that Galen was 'supposedly' equal to Luke, i never said that he actually was.

Lord Lucien
If you would read my first post again you would see that all i said was that Galen was 'supposedly' equal to Luke, i never said that he actually was. Yes and you made yourself clear. You misinterpreted the phrase "photo negative" to mean "equal" in power. Blackman was using poetic license to describe their personae and complete opposite in situations. He did not once mention anything about relative power/skill ratio.

That's all.

Master_Galen
Yes and you made yourself clear. You misinterpreted the phrase "photo negative" to mean "equal" in power. Blackman was using poetic license to describe their personae and complete opposite in situations. He did not once mention anything about relative power/skill ratio.

That's all.

Yeah, my bad. I did think that, i can admit when i'm wrong. So what does photo negative mean in this case?

Lord Lucien
It means yin to yang. Dark to Light. He describes pretty well. Where Luke was Light, Galen was Dark. Where Galen was trained by Vader, Luke was not. Both were of a similar age, both "lost" their fathers, both were eyed as successors of Vader, both foiled the Emperor's plans.

Master_Galen
Thanks. So back to Galen vs Anakin, who would win? You didn't actually say did you?

Lord Lucien
Anakin in sabers, Marek in Force and all-out.

Master_Galen
Yeah, same here. As much love as i have for Galen he is unproven / unknown in sabers only, he always just ended up battering people to death with the force.

Lord Lucien
I just realized that Marek bears too much resemblance Sam Worthington and Spartacus.

Ergo he's an awful, awful character.

Master_Galen
I just realized that Marek bears too much resemblance Sam Worthington and Spartacus.

Ergo he's an awful, awful character.

Come on now, play nice. No need to be that way.

Lord Lucien
Have you seen Clash of the Titans or Spartacus: Blood and Sand?

Awful.

Master_Galen
What's that got to do with Galen Marek?

Lord Lucien
What hasn't it got to do with it?

Mr. Anderson014
Yeah, same here. As much love as i have for Galen he is unproven / unknown in sabers only, he always just ended up battering people to death with the force.

He beat vader in a saber fight before he crushed him with the force, cant we start from there?

Master_Galen
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson014
He beat vader in a saber fight before he crushed him with the force, cant we start from there?

It was not a straight up saber fight, it turned into a force battle pretty quick but still that proves that Galen would beat Vader in all out and Force. Vader however was not as strong as Anakin imho so it does not mean that just cos Galen can beat Vader that he could defeat Anakin, although i think he would beat Anakin in force and all out but he would get blitzed in sabers only.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson014

ROTS Anakin was superior to his suited self in every way, so that doesn't prove much of anything.

Eminence
Lord Lucien
Have you seen Clash of the Titans or Spartacus: Blood and Sand?

Awful.
Spartacus is awesome.

Fvcking. Awesome.

Lord Lucien
Pfff. The only good part about that show was Batiatus and Illythia. Everything else sucked, from the semi-Shakespearean to the crappy CGI.

Darth Truculent
At the end of thet 1st TFU, Galen became a Jedi. In TFU 2, he's confused not really sure of who he is or what he's meant to do (except re-unite with Juno). He's still the absurdly powerful Force-user, only this time the Rebellion is currently being overtly fought. Luke's barely begun to discover his talents. Still afraid of Vader, but not the whiney ***** anymore.

Just a question in my mind, how is he going to be killed? Or will he disappear? They better not bring him back in the FoTJ series. Ruin a perfectly good character.

Galen Marek's song by Avenged Sevenfold:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bi1c9LmhU

Master_Galen
Yo, did y'all hear that Haden Blackman has left LucasArts. What are your thoughts on this and do you think this will affect the game?

Lord Lucien
I find myself completely unable to care about that more than I care about some rusted old car in the backyard of an Texas redneck. Because that car may be an antique and therefore, worth a penny or a thought.

What the f*ck were we talking about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.