Hancock vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
who wins ?

Silver Surfer or Hancock

this is hancock from the begening of the movie before people started to like him as in him still being boozy 24/7

KingD19
Well.....Hancock probably loses. Not from being beaten, but because fighting Surfer is too much trouble.

If it's sober Hancock, that's a fight, but he more than likely wins....if Surfer can be taken down by physical force that is.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
Well.....Hancock probably loses. Not from being beaten, but because fighting Surfer is too much trouble.

If it's sober Hancock, that's a fight, but he more than likely wins....if Surfer can be taken down by physical force that is. movie surfer needs his board to have his powers. reed and doom came up with a device to remove him from the board. i dont know if that shows its easy to remove him from the board or not with physical force.

NemeBro
Can Surfer be knocked off his board physically?

chomperx9
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can Surfer be knocked off his board physically? thats what i want to know

KingD19
Originally posted by chomperx9
movie surfer needs his board to have his powers. reed and doom came up with a device to remove him from the board. i dont know if that shows its easy to remove him from the board or not with physical force.

I saw the movie. confused

And I wasn't talking about removing him from the board...I'm talking about kicking his ass, plain and simple.

Surfer never went up against anybody in a brawl, so we don't know what his durability is like...but Hancock is damn strong, so I'm still not sure.

Placidity
Movie Surfer, although a shadow of his comics counter part, has enough to take Hancock down imo.

I mean at the very least he can phase through matter, so Hancock wouldn't even be able to hit him.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Placidity
Movie Surfer, although a shadow of his comics counter part, has enough to take Hancock down imo.

I mean at the very least he can phase through matter, so Hancock wouldn't even be able to hit him. when Doom fired an electrick shock at surfer the 1st time they met that didnt go through surfer.

Placidity
when Doom fired an electrick shock at surfer the 1st time they met that didnt go through surfer.

Because he wasn't phasing?

chomperx9
Because he wasn't phasing? true but would he be fast enough to phase when hancock is flying at him ?

Placidity
true but would he be fast enough to phase when hancock is flying at him ?

Yea.

* Silver Surfer - Intergalactic Traveler in seconds (comics), or at least Interplanetary traveler in seconds.

jinXed by JaNx
From what i saw of the movie version of the, Silver Surfer, he is a pussy. Didn't he get knocked off his board by a rocket? I don't know, i just didn't see him do anything impressive.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
From what i saw of the movie version of the, Silver Surfer, he is a pussy. Didn't he get knocked off his board by a rocket? I don't know, i just didn't see him do anything impressive.

No, he bitchslapped a few rockets and absorbed one into his board. It was a special frequency/pulse/whatever gizmo designed by Reed that knocked him off.

Theres also the kamikaze (not really cause he survived) attax he used to kill Galactus (wasn't really Galactus, but it was still big and stuff).

Mindship
Movie Surfer wins.

Oddly enough, compared to his much tougher comics counterpart, movie Surfer was virtually impossible to separate from the board (a Reed gizmo was required). He could also "retreat" into his board, phase (either way, he becomes untouchable), was faster, contolled his own momentum/inertia better (eg, witness Hancock's literally ground-breaking landings), etc.

Hancock could win though if Surfer repeatedly calls him a rectal orifice.

dadudemon
SS transmutes Hancock into nothing.

The end.

no expression

the ninjak
Surfer Stomps!

eFRhmKuD9x8

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon

The end.

no expression

don't tell that to jada stick out tongue

Tron

The end.

no expression

What he said.

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
don't tell that to jada stick out tongue or to the posters in superman vs surfer thread

Darth Martin
Hancock. He has more impressive feats.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can Surfer be knocked off his board physically?

I would assume so. Johnny Storm, with the combined powers of the Fantastic 4, managed to separate Dr. Doom from the board. I wanna say he used Ben's fist..but, I can't remember.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I would assume so. Johnny Storm, with the combined powers of the Fantastic 4, managed to separate Dr. Doom from the board. I wanna say he used Ben's fist..but, I can't remember.

I was just about to mention that.

Tron

True, but Doom was no Surfer, and it showed in the way he used the powers.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Tron
True, but Doom was no Surfer, and it showed in the way he used the powers.

I figured someone would bring that point up. I do agree, actually.

laughing out loud

But it is theoretically possible...with movie Surfer, that is.

Tron

Oh, and you also forgot one thing. Before Doom could even be knocked off of the board, the device he used to connect himself to the board had to be destroyed. Surfer has no such weakness.

chomperx9
so then if surfer cannot be physically knocked off the board then how would movie superman win against surfer ?

jinXed by JaNx

The end.

no expression

When did he do that in the movie?

jinXed by JaNx
No, he bitchslapped a few rockets and absorbed one into his board. It was a special frequency/pulse/whatever gizmo designed by Reed that knocked him off.

Theres also the kamikaze (not really cause he survived) attax he used to kill Galactus (wasn't really Galactus, but it was still big and stuff).

oooh, ok. Couldnt remember what knocked him off.

I still say Hancock wins because Surfer essentially did a whole lot of nothing in the movie. Besides, can Hancock even die as long as he is apart from his mate?

KingD19
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
oooh, ok. Couldnt remember what knocked him off.

I still say Hancock wins because Surfer essentially did a whole lot of nothing in the movie. Besides, can Hancock even die as long as he is apart from his mate?

Nothing was shown to hurt Hancock...except being close to his mate for extended amount of time. I think she even stated that they were immortal/invincible until they were together. It was a fail-safe their creators installed so they could live like normal people and die when they no longer felt like living.

And yeah, I think Hancock just beats Surfer to death.

zig_zog
all that the silver surfer has to do is bring hankok's woman closer to him(WHICH ISNT MUCH TROUBLE AS THE SILVER SURFER EVIDENTLY TRAVELS FASTER than honkok) T and then shoot at him with some weird stuff and hankok is done for.

chomperx9
Originally posted by zig_zog
all that the silver surfer has to do is bring hankok's woman closer to him(WHICH ISNT MUCH TROUBLE AS THE SILVER SURFER EVIDENTLY TRAVELS FASTER than honkok) T and then shoot at him with some weird stuff and hankok is done for. how would surfer know to do that ? he doesnt know anything about any of the people on earth.

and honestly movie surfer and hancock look like they fly the same speed. I mean Torch caught up to surfer while he was chasing him through the city.

KingD19
Forum vs threads don't work like that. Unless it's stated Surfer can bring her around, then he can't. On top of that, they were around each other for at least a few days to a week or so before he started to lose his powers.

chomperx9
Forum vs threads don't work like that. Unless it's stated Surfer can bring her around, then he can't. On top of that, they were around each other for at least a few days to a week or so before he started to lose his powers. Exactly. I mean it would be BS as well to say all Hancock needs to do is make a device to seperate surfer from the board and he wins.

KingD19
Exactly. I mean it would be BS as well to say all Hancock needs to do is make a device to seperate surfer from the board and he wins.

Or having Hancock go get the Galactus cloud, because he knows Surfer will die fighting it.

Tron
Nothing was shown to hurt Hancock...except being close to his mate for extended amount of time. I think she even stated that they were immortal/invincible until they were together. It was a fail-safe their creators installed so they could live like normal people and die when they no longer felt like living.

And yeah, I think Hancock just beats Surfer to death.

That's assuming that Surfer lets Hancock touch him.

KingD19
That's assuming that Surfer lets Hancock touch him.

Well we honestly don't know how fast Hancock is, he did go fast enough to make it to the moon and back.

And during the bank robbery scene, he was moving so fast he was invisible.

The fastest we saw Surfer go was when Johnny had trouble keeping up with him. We all know Hancock can go as least as fast as the speed of sound since he casually breaks the sound barrier all the time. But it's probably a lot faster, since you have to be going pretty damn fast to fly to the moon and back in a day or so.

Tron
Well we honestly don't know how fast Hancock is, he did go fast enough to make it to the moon and back.

And during the bank robbery scene, he was moving so fast he was invisible.

The fastest we saw Surfer go was when Johnny had trouble keeping up with him. We all know Hancock can go as least as fast as the speed of sound since he casually breaks the sound barrier all the time. But it's probably a lot faster, since you have to be going pretty damn fast to fly to the moon and back in a day or so.

I didn't say anything about his speed. Surfer was shown to easily move through solid objects (including Sue's forcefield). And he dealt with the missiles fired at him just as easy. Bottom line, if he doesn't want something touching him, he won't be touched. As for offensive capabilities, he's been shown to mess people the genetic structure of both Doom and Johnny, who knows what he could do when he's actually trying. Maybe it won't affect Hancock, but I kind of doubt it.

chomperx9
I didn't say anything about his speed. Surfer was shown to easily move through solid objects (including Sue's forcefield). And he dealt with the missiles fired at him just as easy. Bottom line, if he doesn't want something touching him, he won't be touched. As for offensive capabilities, he's been shown to mess people the genetic structure of both Doom and Johnny, who knows what he could do when he's actually trying. Maybe it won't affect Hancock, but I kind of doubt it. But surfer didnt match up to anyone near Hanocks strength in the FF movie. A hit from things arm mad doom surfer do afew back flips but a good hit from Hancock would do alot more than just afew flips to the surfer.

KingD19
Didn't Surfer affect the FF because he was screwing with their cosmically granted powers?

And don't forget, Hancock is something similar to an Alien/Angel...so his physiology is not human. For all we know Surfer's powers might not work on him.

And while Surfer could phase, he didn't phase the missiles.

So either it comes down to Hancock beating Surfer's ass, or a stalemate.

Kaibs
Surfer didn't even have to use physical strength in the movie though... so you can't exactly say that. If not for Reeds gay device Surfer would annihilated everyone.

Since his woman is nowhere in this fight, I don't see Hancock losing either though. We don't exactly know all of his powers though either. Besides the flight, speed, and strength. If he has some of the shit his wife can do I might be inclined to lean more towards Hancock.

chomperx9
also i think we are all giving SS to much credit with the Board.

taking away someones powers isnt the only way to win a fight.

for example superman can still lose without kyptonite or the sun going bye bye.

Kaibs
also i think we are all giving SS to much credit with the Board.

taking away someones powers isnt the only way to win a fight.

for example superman can still lose without kyptonite or the sun going bye bye.

While I do agree with this, SS was pretty much unbeatable with his board in the movie.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Kaibs
While I do agree with this, SS was pretty much unbeatable with his board in the movie. thats because the FF couldnt do jack to him. Hancock would wipe out the FF in a sec.

KingD19
Well by the end of the movie, he was still in contact with his wife, so chances are he had weather control as well.

Kaibs
You have absolutely no way of proving said statement. Just like the same for those who say the other way around.

KingD19
You have absolutely no way of proving said statement. Just like the same for those who say the other way around.

Wait, are you talking to me or Chomper?

But Hancock would take out the whole FF except Sue pretty quick.

Kaibs
Wait, are you talking to me or Chomper?

But Hancock would take out the whole FF except Sue pretty quick.

I was talking to Chomper

and the FF are disgraces anyway in the movie, but none the less SS was on levels above them anyway just like Hancock would be.

chomperx9
I was talking to Chomper

and the FF are disgraces anyway in the movie, but none the less SS was on levels above them anyway just like Hancock would be. if your admitting the team is a disgrace how come you dont aprove of my previous post ?

Kaibs
Aww shit nevermind man sorry. I saw you said Hancock would beat the FF like Surfer did. Yes this is true.

chomperx9
Because you're saying Hancock would curb stomp Surfer, which is inaccurate. I didnt say it would be a one sec fight. my post was about Hancock givng Surfer a hell alot more trouble then the FF

Kaibs
YEah I just edited my previous post. I thought you said something else.

chomperx9
bump

the ninjak
Surfer can turn intangible.
Then proceed to consume Hancock in the Power Cosmic.
Dead Hancock.

Or absorb Hancock into his board like he did that missile. Gulp!

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
Surfer can turn intangible.
Then proceed to consume Hancock in the Power Cosmic.
Dead Hancock.

Or absorb Hancock into his board like he did that missile. Gulp!

He's never consumed anyone in the Power Cosmic, he just exploded in the middle of the Galactus cloud.

And he never absorbed anyone either.

the ninjak
He used the Power Cosmic to blast holes into the Earth. And absorbed a missile into his board.

Fighting against Hancock SS would have to use all his tools. And these are just 2 abilities Radd displayed.

KingD19
I know he absorbed a missile into his board....why didn't he absorb anybody into it though?

And I know how he made the huge holes all over the planet, but the closest he came to absorbing someone in the PC was after Doom stole his powers and he hit that general and left him...just all phucked up.

Don't give him abilities he didn't display.

Utrigita
Silver Surfer for the win.

jaden101

Nephthys
Man, those two would have the best gay sex ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.