Prometheus Vs Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Not using the current, upgraded suit for Pro. Original suit.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2355/96734-183217-prometheus_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/148113-17122-taskmaster_large.jpg

Prep-Man
bump

Space M ummy
Without getting too crazy into who has what gadgets (because they both have access to a TON) taskmaster should take this.

Prometheus' strength is usually in being "prepared" for the skills of his opponent in advance. Wildcards he's not expecting or can't anticipate (as when catwoman took him out after he beat the holy hell out of batman) throw him off.

Taskmaster has the martial arts abilities of everyone alive on marvel earth- this includes dozens of individuals with unique styles (spiderman, for instance) that there's no way prometheus has heard of. His abilities allow him to also add any exotic moves Prometheus might use to his repertoire in seconds.

In terms of pure martial arts skill, taskmaster is really, really hard to top.

Prep-Man
Taskmaster shouldn't be able to lose, but he does. Prom has 30 of the best MA on DC earth.

iceman24567
Taskmaster

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Taskmaster shouldn't be able to lose, but he does. Prom has 30 of the best MA on DC earth.

Right, and Taskmaster has just about everyone on marvel earth. Any move prometheus busts out he can replicate or anticipate, if it's say...a known style and not something totally unique. (and even unique skills he can replicate, they would simply be harder to anticipate and counter.)

Taskmaster has been known to job, but he's pretty high level in terms of MA skill.

Prometheus' ability (like batman's) is in his ability to prep beforehand. Taskmaster is one of those cases where Prep really isn't going to be able to help him very much.

Prep-Man
How so? Prom has state of the art tech. Able to handle any hero on earth. Prom knows all the best MA on DC earth, which is enough, IMO.

Space M ummy
How so? Prom has state of the art tech. Able to handle any hero on earth. Prom knows all the best MA on DC earth, which is enough, IMO.

they both have state of the art tech. Taskmaster has replicas of things like wolverine's claws, cap's shield, spiderman's webbing, hawkeye's trick arrows etc. that he carries around as standard equipment, plus an energy device capable of replicating just about anything else on the fly.

As I pointed out before, Prometheus can upload the skills of MA's he's encountered before, but throwing someone into the mix that he's never met causes problems- again I point you to the time when Catwoman beat him, even after he had effortlessly taken out Batman with the skills of the best MA's on earth.

Prometheus has no way to prep for Taskmaster- his skillset is just too large. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of styles, all performed at master levels, including a LOT prometheus has never encountered. There are scans of taskmaster fighting Elektra with Daredevil's MA style with his eyes shut. He can mimic Bullseye's deadly aim and kill with pens and pencils from 50 yards away. prometheus is not that good.

The opposite isn't true- Taskmaster can perform perfectly any style he can see. The longer the fight goes on, The worse it goes for prometheus since Taskmaster will steal/master all of his skills- the ones he already doesn't know, that is. (It goes without saying that taskmaster already knows and can counter common fighting styles.)

With prep, Prometheus would likely develop a strategy to defeat him, but in a no-prep H2H combat situation, Taskmaster would kill him pretty easily.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Space M ummy
they both have state of the art tech. Taskmaster has replicas of things like wolverine's claws, cap's shield, spiderman's webbing, hawkeye's trick arrows etc. that he carries around as standard equipment, plus an energy device capable of replicating just about anything else on the fly.

As I pointed out before, Prometheus can upload the skills of MA's he's encountered before, but throwing someone into the mix that he's never met causes problems- again I point you to the time when Catwoman beat him, even after he had effortlessly taken out Batman with the skills of the best MA's on earth.

Prometheus has no way to prep for Taskmaster- his skillset is just too large. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of styles, all performed at master levels, including a LOT prometheus has never encountered. There are scans of taskmaster fighting Elektra with Daredevil's MA style with his eyes shut. He can mimic Bullseye's deadly aim and kill with pens and pencils from 50 yards away. prometheus is not that good.

The opposite isn't true- Taskmaster can perform perfectly any style he can see. The longer the fight goes on, The worse it goes for prometheus since Taskmaster will steal/master all of his skills- the ones he already doesn't know, that is. (It goes without saying that taskmaster already knows and can counter common fighting styles.)

With prep, Prometheus would likely develop a strategy to defeat him, but in a no-prep H2H combat situation, Taskmaster would kill him pretty easily.

That's not really state of the art tech. I'm talking about teleportation, nano second reaction time, neural brain scrambler, poison darts to take down metas, etc... baring some of that stuff was in his latest appearance, but he still had teleportation and various methods of taking down metas. Tasky would be no different, if given the opportunity to use his tech.

Prometheus is a genius in the league of Bruce Wayne. was established in last appearance. Comparing tech is not an issue for Prom. He has the better equipment.

Also, a fake Prometheus in BOP was able to handle Lady Shiva with ease. That's what the CD does to whoever uploads it. Prometheus also has THOUSANDS of martial arts to choose from.

Space M ummy
That's not really state of the art tech. I'm talking about teleportation, nano second reaction time, neural brain scrambler, poison darts to take down metas, etc... baring some of that stuff was in his latest appearance, but he still had teleportation and various methods of taking down metas. Tasky would be no different, if given the opportunity to use his tech.

Prometheus is a genius in the league of Bruce Wayne. was established in last appearance. Comparing tech is not an issue for Prom. He has the better equipment.

Prometheus didn't have teleportation that was useful in a combat situation in his early appearances. It might help to escape a fight or (maybe) BFR, but he's not nightcrawler.

Prometheus also doesn't have nano-second reaction times. He's a skilled human, and NOT metahuman. Taskmaster on the other hand DOES have the ability to perform moves at (pseudo) super speed, gained from watching martial arts tournaments played in fast forward on a VCR.

things like neural scramblers and poison darts are nice if you can hit your opponent, but since Taskmaster is the more skilled of the two and routinely carries around a shield I'm not sure how useful this actually is.

Are you sure you're familiar with Taskmaster? the guy has a team of scientists designing his combat equipment and is hired out by nearly everyone on the planet including geniuses like the red skull, and organizations like AIM and HYDRA when their men need training. His resources may not be limitless, but they're damned close.

Again I freely admit with prep Prometheus can probably develop a strategy to take him out, but in a battle with no prep (as this one is) with standard equipment (as this one is) he's going to get owned, since Taskmaster is far more skilled and has a built in ability to counter any move used against him.

That Prometheus knew about lady shiva in advance and had her abilities loaded in. This is why he was able to manhandle her. He has no such disc on Taskmaster. Taskmaster knows every form of martial art that exists. All of them. Including unique styles that Prometheus does NOT know, and skills (like bullseye's aim) that he can't replicate. The opposite isn't true. Any move that prometheus uses can and will be copied and mastered by Taskmaster instantaneously.

Prep-Man
Prometheus didn't have teleportation that was useful in a combat situation in his early appearances. It might help to escape a fight or (maybe) BFR, but he's not nightcrawler.

Prometheus also doesn't have nano-second reaction times. He's a skilled human, and NOT metahuman.

things like neural scramblers and poison darts are nice if you can hit your opponent, but since Taskmaster is the more skilled of the two and routinely carries around a shield I'm not sure how useful this actually is.

Are you sure you're familiar with Taskmaster? the guy has a team of scientists designing his combat equipment and is hired out by nearly everyone on the planet including geniuses like the red skull, and organizations like AIM and HYDRA. His resources may not be limitless, but they're damned close.

Again I freely admit with prep Prometheus can probably develop a strategy to take him out, but in a battle with no prep (as this one is) with standard equipment (as this one is) he's going to get owned, since Taskmaster is far more skilled and has a built in ability to counter any move used against him.

I was talking about his last appearance in cry for justice. His suit gave him nano second reaction time to dodge the Flash.

And I thought he he BFR someone in Prometheus year one or the one shot DC had of him.

Prep-Man
BTW, not saying Prom would take a majority. I think it would be a good battle, TBH.

Batman knows EVERY MA on earth and Prom has Batman's knowledge and skills.

cdtm
Wondering if the Neural Chaff might be Prometheus's trump card here. He did take out a GL with it, so it must be effective stuff...

Maybe slow down Taskmasters ability to copy his moves, or even interfere with his recall ability..

Space M ummy
I was talking about his last appearance in cry for justice. His suit gave him nano second reaction time to dodge the Flash.

And I thought he he BFR someone in Prometheus year one or the one shot DC had of him.

The OP explicitly stated this was the classic appearance of prometheus without the upgraded suit.

Batman knows Every martial art on *DC* earth, but there are MA's who are better at it than he is. Batman also doesn't know "unique" styles that are specific to or invented by one guy. (again, I'll use spiderman's fighting technique here).

Taskmaster knows every martial art on *Marvel Earth*, and performs every move precisely as perfectly as the original artist. This DOES include unique styles that Prometheus would have no data on, and would be at a disadvantage trying to counter. There's no way to perform a move better than Taskmaster can do it, due to his power set.

Combine that with being able to copy moves on the fly and there really isn't a practical way to defeat him in MA without superhuman skills or a plot device. The longer the fight goes on, the easier it is for Taskmaster to simply counter your moves.

(yes, I'm aware Deadpool beat him by being "too unpredictable" to counter, but last I checked Prometheus isn't quite as insane and brain damaged as Deadpool is.)

Prometheus is smarter and may indeed get off a couple of wins with strategy, but in terms of pure MA skill in a no-prep situation he's outmatched here.

Good thinking, but wasn't Rogers able to overcome it simply through concentration? I'd put taskmaster's photographic reflex ability even above that, since it's a reflex- not something that requires concentration or thought to use.

edit: I forgot how ridiculous bullseye's abilities were:

If anything, I'd say Prometheus having to deal with a walking arsenal with that kind of aim is the gamebreaker.

Prep-Man
The OP explicitly stated this was the classic appearance of prometheus without the upgraded suit.

Batman knows Every martial art on *DC* earth, but there are MA's who are better at it than he is. Batman also doesn't know "unique" styles that are specific to or invented by one guy. (again, I'll use spiderman's fighting technique here).

Taskmaster knows every martial art on *Marvel Earth*, and performs every move precisely as perfectly as the original artist. This DOES include unique styles that Prometheus would have no data on, and would be at a disadvantage trying to counter. There's no way to perform a move better than Taskmaster can do it, due to his power set.

Combine that with being able to copy moves on the fly and there really isn't a practical way to defeat him in MA without superhuman skills or a plot device. The longer the fight goes on, the easier it is for Taskmaster to simply counter your moves.

(yes, I'm aware Deadpool beat him by being "too unpredictable" to counter, but last I checked Prometheus isn't quite as insane and brain damaged as Deadpool is.)

Prometheus is smarter and may indeed get off a couple of wins with strategy, but in terms of pure MA skill in a no-prep situation he's outmatched here.

I know, I'm the OP, I was just pointing out what advance tech is. Something Taskmaster can't build on his own.

And Batman does know ancient MA's lost in time. He's one of the better MA out there. Even surprising 3boot Karate Kid in air combat when Batman teamed up with the LOSH.

Space M ummy
I know, I'm the OP, I was just pointing out what advance tech is. Something Taskmaster can't build on his own.

And Batman does know ancient MA's lost in time. He's one of the better MA out there. Even surprising 3boot Karate Kid in air combat when Batman teamed up with the LOSH.

Taskmaster has a team of scientists and his own academy where he trains entire teams of assassins and mercenaries. Hell, his tech was advanced enough to start growing clones YEARS ago. he doesn't NEED to build anything on his own- hell, he had access to the full resources of AIM, HYDRA, and even SHIELD when training the Initiative and the Thunderbolts. A good example of this is again the hard-light replicator that was a shield prototype, and the image inducer that he runs around with on occasion.

He's the head of an incredibly extensive mercenary empire. He's not just one dude assembling things on his own.

Prep-Man
We're not using his teams, though, so it's not really important.

Space M ummy
We're not using his teams, though, so it's not really important.

its important in the sense that taskmaster already has an assload of technology laying around that he could use if necessary. Thus the "prometheus has more tech/is a genius" argument is pretty much irrelevant.

Well, more irrelevant than it already was, since being a tech genius isn't really going to help in a no prep situation unless you're someone like Forge.

again, my point here is that with standard equipment in a no prep situation, taskmaster has the edge. With prep its up for debate with the majority going to prometheus, since he's a better strategist.

Prep-Man
Prom routinely brings impressive stuff to the table, though. Has Taskmaster?

Especially last Cry for Justice. He had plans to defeat any DC hero on earth and his AI suit gives him tips in battle.

Space M ummy
Prom routinely brings impressive stuff to the table, though. Has Taskmaster?

Especially last Cry for Justice. He had plans to defeat any DC hero on earth and his AI suit gives him tips in battle.

right, and as I pointed out, Prometheus is the better strategist and would win in a prep-scenario, but that doesn't come into play here. without prep the JLA would annihilate him, and we both know this.

Taskmaster took on Cap and Iron man by himself in an early appearance. Took on an defeated an entire initiative team in a recent appearance. Fought Cap and Bucky simultaneously. Fought and defeated two asgardians simultaneously. Broke into a SHIELD helicarrier and dismantled their defenses like they weren't even there. Beat Elektra with his eyes closed by using DD's MA technique (Without Daredevil's radar sense!) Beat Spiderman and US Agent H2H where both were class 10 MA's and he has no superstrength.

Check the respect thread. Taskmaster has RIDICULOUS feats. In Pure MA skill the man is nearly unstoppable.

cdtm
Neural chaff and strobe lights are all standard gear...

Doesn't matter how good a martial artist you are if you can't concentrate..

Space M ummy
Originally posted by cdtm

Taskmaster doesn't need to even see his target to kill it. (Again, daredevil feat.) Taskmaster carries around arrows that can disrupt electronics as advanced as iron man's suit, and can hit with enough accuracy to kill from even 100 yards away.

That's pretty good evidence Taskmaster can disable simple gadgetry and/or kill his opponent from far enough away to render it irrelevant.

strobe lights and neural chaff aren't going to be the deciding factor here.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm

Yeah, his gadgets will mess Tasky up big time. It messes more than your sight. And once tasky is dazed and confused, Prom can easily knock his ass out.

cdtm
Taskmaster doesn't need to even see his target to kill it.

Yeah, but the Neural Chaff actually scrambles the brain. Kyle couldn't work his ring while the thing was running, as it completely sapped his ability to focus..

In any kind of fight, impaired ability to focus is often a deciding factor... Think of how being heavily drunk or high would impair someone in a fight, or even basic things like the ability to drive..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.