General Ross personality change

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beast1234
In the marvel universe the gamma radiation is supposed to be some form of enlightment that unlock your inner desire, doormat personality, higher conscience off yourself and much more. The Hulk is supposed to represent different aspect of Bruce Banner personality and his split personality for example the savage represent Bruce Banner rage and inner child, the grey hulk(Joe Fixt) represent Bruce Banner teenage rebellious side, the guilt hulk respresent Bruce Banner guilt then you have the Devil Hulk who represent Bruce Banner hate and resentment. The Gamma radiation change Samuel Stern aka the Leader by unlocking his inner desire to be extremely intelligent the gamma radiation was said to change Jennifer Walters by increasing her personality. When i saw the Red Hulk my first thought at first was of General Ryker because of the tactics and intelligence that the red hulk displayed, General Ryker was also a highly skilled military strategist. At that time i was not thinking of how the gamma radiation affected the subject i was thinking of which indivdual possessed the skills the red Hulk had i did not care to think that the gamma radiation might give him good leadership and tactical skills that why i always thought that that the red Hulk was General Ryker. Which was why i was surprised that it General Ross. I am in no way doubting General Ross leadership and tactical(of course he had to be good he was the general to be a military general you need to have good tactical skills, intelligence gathering and leadership skills) but again i was in no way thinking of the gamma ray affect the subject i was thinking of the indivdual skills. Do you think the gamma rays change personality because of his desire to be a strong military leader and make America a better country.

roughrider
They didn't change Jennifer Walters' personality; as She-Hulk she became more confident & outgoing, is all.

I still don't think every Red Hulk did is consistent with what Ross wanted in life. More explanation is needed.

dmills
I thought in the end it was kind of cheap the way it was revealed.

Bentley
Ross pretty much confessed he was in a power trip, being a soldier for most of his life I guess he just didn't feel like following orders anymore making him more selfish and independant.

That or crappy writting, who knows?

roughrider
Explain the lack of mustache on Rulk, Loeb. That was a cheat. miffed

Bentley
Originally posted by roughrider
Explain the lack of mustache on Rulk, Loeb. That was a cheat. miffed

But imagine if Rulk actually had a mustache. It would be so cool to make a story arc about "who is the Red Hulk?".

http://f.imagehost.org/0041/rulk.jpg

I'm still hoping for Marvel to retcon every Rulk appearance and put a mustache in every single one.

"Hey Tony, maybe its Ross, it has a huge mustache after all"
"I'm among the smartest men on Earth, did you think I ignore the huge mustache? Its too obvious, it has to be someone else..."

roughrider
So Marvel; explain how Ross becoming the Red Hulk makes any sense to his lifelong motivations.

- The Hulk/Banner is captured and stored underground after the events of WWH. He only gets released when Ross/Rulk comes and attacks the base, releasing him.

- Early on, he goes on a rampage against legitimate authorities of the USA, like SHIELD and the Avengers.

- He's basically a serial killer of former Hulk foes.

Well?...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by roughrider
So Marvel; explain how Ross becoming the Red Hulk makes any sense to his lifelong motivations.

- The Hulk/Banner is captured and stored underground after the events of WWH. He only gets released when Ross/Rulk comes and attacks the base, releasing him.

- Early on, he goes on a rampage against legitimate authorities of the USA, like SHIELD and the Avengers.

- He's basically a serial killer of former Hulk foes.

Well?...
Maybe Deathstroke used his drugs on him. stick out tongue

roughrider
I still think its a ruse. Marvel wants us to think Rulk is Ross, when he's actually -

Mel Gibson! stick out tongue

(Just listen to his recent phone calls; he's ready to Hulk out at any moment.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.