Twilight Vamps/Akasha vs Ang Lee Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
After the twilight vamps dispose of the mutants in the previous thread, they begin to target a far more dangerous foe...the Hulk. Hulk can run at speeds that match any twilight vamp..and can jump several miles in one leap. His combat speed is fast enough to capture missiles fired on him by enemy aircraft.

Can the vampires take him down?

Rogue Jedi
Er......Akasha can fry his ass (dunno if that would work though). Jane could mind rape him, would that work?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Er......Akasha can fry his ass (dunno if that would work though). Jane could mind rape him, would that work?

Mind rape doesn't work well against the Hulk...if we assume that that ability carries over from the comics.

marwash22
Mind-rape doesn't work on Hulk.
Akasha's flame thing ain't gonna do anything but piss him off.
Hulk smashes.

^ real answer.

Though, going by on-screen feats only, Hulk loses 'cause TP wasn't used in the movie and we never saw him regen. You peeps like to deny character facts just because they weren't shown on-screen... Hulk dies.

^ KMC answer.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Mind rape doesn't work well against the Hulk...if we assume that that ability carries over from the comics. Nah, just movies here.

Tattoos N Scars
Nah, just movies here.

Still, anyone trying to probe Hulk's mind like that will only piss him off...making him stronger. He'll probably end up *****-slapping Jane with that tank cannon.

Akasha's fire wouldn't do anything to him but piss him off.

Rogue Jedi
Still, anyone trying to probe Hulk's mind like that will only piss him off...making him stronger. He'll probably end up *****-slapping Jane with that tank cannon.

Akasha's fire wouldn't do anything to him but piss him off. I dunno enough about Hulk to agree or disagree with that. You're probably right though.

marwash22
he is correct, but in accordance with the on-screen rule, Hulk can't regen and he's not TP resistant. Hulk dies.

Rogue Jedi
Wait, onscreen Hulk is vulnerable to fire?

marwash22
yes. Hulk in any medium is vulnerable to fire (resistent to heat though), he just regens from the burns. However, he never regens in Ang's "Hulk", therefore, he doesn't have regen.

Rogue Jedi
Akasha solos him then. She can simply hover around thousands of feet high and fry him.

marwash22
Yep, Akasha stomps.

Riddick can kill movie Hulk since we're relegated to using on-screen feats laughing out loud.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Hulk would get his dick wet against Riddick.

marwash22
Not if you're using that toon Riddick (who sounds just as badass as Blonsky) in human form. Riddick has blades... he'd decap Hulk.

Rogue Jedi
Nah. Hulk. Wet green dick.

Tattoos N Scars
Hulk was only cut once during the movie..and he regenerated from that...it was that bomb they dropped on Hulk when he first landed in the desert..right before he took out the tanks. Aside from that, nothing else in the movie could even penetrate Hulk's skin..so nothing to regenerate from.

marwash22
Akasha burns people from the inside out. Now, of course, comic Hulk can regen from that, but there's no movie feat to back it up. Akasha wins.

Tattoos N Scars
If we're saying Hulk doesn't have his regen abilities..then Akasha can't burn non-vampires..cause it wasn't shown on screen.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by marwash22
Akasha burns people from the inside out. Now, of course, comic Hulk can regen from that, but there's no movie feat to back it up. Akasha wins. Well, she burned the vampires from the inside out, because she targeted their highly combustile vampire blood. Just saying.

marwash22
combustible blood or not, she still sets crap on fire (organic or other)... Ang-Hulk has no movie feat to suggest he can regen from being burned. Do you see now, how dumb that rule is in some instances?

McNasty996
Didn't ang lee hulk regen when he first bombarded at
his old home and was hit with the shrapnel

It was a vertical cut wound

dadudemon
yes. Hulk in any medium is vulnerable to fire (resistent to heat though), he just regens from the burns. However, he never regens in Ang's "Hulk", therefore, he doesn't have regen.

Incorrect.

Ang Lee's Hulk Regens...and rather fast.

It's Leterrier's/Penn's Hulk that doesn't regen.

Ang Lee's Hulk regens quite nicely. smile

For an excellent scene showing Hulk's regen abilities: see the scene right after Banner's childhood military town is destroyed by a vacuumbomb or a low-yield nuclear weapon. Hulk has a gash on his body as he turns around to view the town and it quickly heals.

However, no healing ever occurs in Leterrier's/Penn's Hulk. I watched the movie carefully and at no point is regen shown...cept when he shrinks down to Banner: looks like the wounds don't carry over as severely.

How does this new information change the dynamic of the thread?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by dadudemon
Incorrect.

Ang Lee's Hulk Regens...and rather fast.

It's Leterrier's/Penn's Hulk that doesn't regen.

Ang Lee's Hulk regens quite nicely. smile

For an excellent scene showing Hulk's regen abilities: see the scene right after Banner's childhood military town is destroyed by a vacuumbomb or a low-yield nuclear weapon. Hulk has a gash on his body as he turns around to view the town and it quickly heals.

However, no healing ever occurs in Leterrier's/Penn's Hulk. I watched the movie carefully and at no point is regen shown...cept when he shrinks down to Banner: looks like the wounds don't carry over as severely.

How does this new information change the dynamic of the thread?

I don't remember Leterrier's Hulk ever being pierced in the movie, except by Abomination when he dug his bone spur into Hulk's shoulder. I never really paid attention to the shoulder afterwards..but, are you sure it didn't heal before Abomination started pounding on the Hulk with that concrete mace?

In any case, that was the only point in the movie(IIRC) in which Hulk's regeneration needed to kick in.

Impediment
The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Inevitably, gentlemen, Hulk will smash.

jinXed by JaNx
Nah, Hulk would get his dick wet against Riddick.

Why is the Hulk F**king Riddick? confused

Placidity
Originally posted by Impediment
The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Inevitably, gentlemen, Hulk will smash.

Yes, but not faster.

What about the Vampire Bite? Jane and Alec?

XanatosForever
What faggotry is this? Ang Lee Hulk doesn't have Regen? Bullshit. Hulk regenerated after the gamma bomb as previously mentioned, and I believe during his fight with the Hulk dogs a dog ripped his shoulder open before getting its jaw snapped, and he regenerated there as well. The madder he got, the stronger he got, and the larger he got. I think at one point he was almost a tall as a gorram building.

Originally posted by Placidity
Yes, but not faster.

What about the Vampire Bite? Jane and Alec?

What's speed got to do with this? Hulk thunderclaps and every vampire is down because their super sensitive ears can't handle it, then Hulk goes a-stomping. I doubt the vampires' fangs could get through his skin, but even if that is the case, he's got extreme regeneration. It'd probably just keep him burning on the inside, and that'd just piss him off even more. As for Akasha...well, ***** be dead. erm

Placidity
Originally posted by XanatosForever
What's speed got to do with this?

Whats speed got to do with a fight? Are you serious? Blonsky vs Hulk illustrates the point, although we aren't discussing that Hulk.

Hulk thunderclaps and every vampire is down because their super sensitive ears can't handle it, then Hulk goes a-stomping.

Where did you get this from?

Also every Vamp is down? even the ones that were/moved behind him?

I doubt the vampires' fangs could get through his skin, but even if that is the case, he's got extreme regeneration. It'd probably just keep him burning on the inside, and that'd just piss him off even more.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if the venom has magical properties or not - i.e are Twivamps magical or biological creatures?

Again, what about Alec and Jane?

omgchos
If there was ever a "magical" vamp..... its the twivamps. Seeing as howmagical powers exist in teh twi world. And they literally cant die..... unless Micheal Sheen rips their heads off.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Placidity
Whats speed got to do with a fight? Are you serious? Blonsky vs Hulk illustrates the point, although we aren't discussing that Hulk.

Where did you get this from?

Also every Vamp is down? even the ones that were/moved behind him?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if the venom has magical properties or not - i.e are Twivamps magical or biological creatures?

Again, what about Alec and Jane?

Okay, so maybe I was little overzealous, Speed can be a big problem for bricks. laughing

If they're moving behind him, and maybe the T-clap is invalid thanks to the golden rule, Hulk could still give a good stomp an shake up the ground they're standing on. Or hell, just jump a few miles up and come crashing down.

So far everything that's been shown about vampires except for their powers has followed the more or less scientific bent, and even most of the powers coincide with psionics lore, but I agree, this could be a toss-up. I'd still be willing to put a bit of money on my theory, though. Akasha's bite wouldn't do anything for sure, but it's likely no one's expecting her to get up close and personal.

Refresh my memory, who are Alec and Jane again? Jane's the one that looks at you and you hurt, yeah? What about Alec?

the ninjak
Ang Lee Hulk definitely had regen and pretty good too! When he took that huge mortar explosion. His wound just mended itself quickly.

Hulk does the Thor trick and smashes the ground sending TwiVamps into the sky. Hulk leaps and grabs two at a time and crushes their bodies.

Akasha ain't burning him to death, the burning would make him madder than ever.....Handclaps and groundstomps would faze Akasha and Hulk will rip her in half.

The Vampire who controls emotions could be a problem.

dadudemon
I don't remember Leterrier's Hulk ever being pierced in the movie, except by Abomination when he dug his bone spur into Hulk's shoulder. I never really paid attention to the shoulder afterwards..but, are you sure it didn't heal before Abomination started pounding on the Hulk with that concrete mace?

In any case, that was the only point in the movie(IIRC) in which Hulk's regeneration needed to kick in.

Leterrier's Hulk never regened in Hulk form.

And, no, there were lots of moments that Hulk's regen would have been quite nice. He's all beaten up after that skirmish with the US military unit at the college campus. (That's just 1 instance.)

Originally posted by the ninjak
The Vampire who controls emotions could be a problem.

Shizer. Forgot about that.

Okay, I change my mind, Hulk loses because he's turned into Banner in no time flat.

King Castle
Hulk smashes through the twivamps easy.. akasha would have to be flyin pretty high cause hulk can leap for miles and toss crap at her and thunder clap as well...

those hyper senses would be getting screwed with hulk's thunder claps..

the twivamps are the most vulnerable as they would grumble in hulks grasp.

and ang lee hulk was regenerating easy in the movie.

Tattoos N Scars
There is no way of knowing whether Jasper could calm Hulk down or not. Also, I'd wager that Hulk may be just as fast as the Twi-Vamps...wasn't it said that Ang Lee Hulk could run across land at 500 mph? I thought that was stated in the movie.

the ninjak
There is no way of knowing whether Jasper could calm Hulk down or not. Also, I'd wager that Hulk may be just as fast as the Twi-Vamps...wasn't it said that Ang Lee Hulk could run across land at 500 mph? I thought that was stated in the movie.

Accelerating speed not instant.

dadudemon

Well, that should have been established by the thread starter in the first few posts. Since it wasn't, we really can't gimp the other side in favor of another. Calming peoples' tempers is a gift of Jasper's. That's what he does. That's his special "gift." To take that away from him would really be a gimp, don't you think?

That'd be like taking away the Hulk's ability to become stronger as he gets angrier. It's a fundamental "gift" of the Hulk's.

I like to keep each side fully powered with all their abilities, without gimping. I don't like saying, arbitrarily, that an ability will work or won't work: they all work unless the other side has a specific immunity to it. i.e. Charles Xavier should be fully immune to all mind attacks, as would Dark Phoenix...cause that was shown on screen. However, it wasn't shown on screen for Hulk.

Do you agree, or disagree? I'm definitely open for discussion. Again, I'm not really set in stone on my perspective, yet.

Tattoos N Scars
Well, that should have been established by the thread starter in the first few posts. Since it wasn't, we really can't gimp the other side in favor of another. Calming peoples' tempers is a gift of Jasper's. That's what he does. That's his special "gift." To take that away from him would really be a gimp, don't you think?

That'd be like taking away the Hulk's ability to become stronger as he gets angrier. It's a fundamental "gift" of the Hulk's.

I like to keep each side fully powered with all their abilities, without gimping. I don't like saying, arbitrarily, that an ability will work or won't work: they all work unless the other side has a specific immunity to it. i.e. Charles Xavier should be fully immune to all mind attacks, as would Dark Phoenix...cause that was shown on screen. However, it wasn't shown on screen for Hulk.

Do you agree, or disagree? I'm definitely open for discussion. Again, I'm not really set in stone on my perspective, yet.

No, I don't want to gimp anyone. I'm just not sure how effective Jasper would be against the Hulk. In Eclipse, it seemed that Jasper could've calmed the situation to prevent Felix from killing that newborn at the climax of the movie. I've never really seen him use that gift against any member of the Volturi.

dadudemon
No, I don't want to gimp anyone. I'm just not sure how effective Jasper would be against the Hulk. In Eclipse, it seemed that Jasper could've calmed the situation to prevent Felix from killing that newborn at the climax of the movie. I've never really seen him use that gift against any member of the Volturi.

The Volturi weren't angry, at all, so there was nothing to calm down. In fact, they were in nice control over themselves. It just so happens that there was a rule and it was absolute: no making newborn vampire armies or you will be destroyed along with all of the newborns you created.

That is a 0 or 1 type thing: it's either on or off. Even if the situation was calmed down, there's the whole problem of the rule being absolute: calm or not calm.

How do you think it would have gone over with the Volturi had they found out Jasper was calming the situation down? (In other words, using his gifts to work against the Volturi.)

Tattoos N Scars
The Volturi weren't angry, at all, so there was nothing to calm down. In fact, they were in nice control over themselves. It just so happens that there was a rule and it was absolute: no making newborn vampire armies or you will be destroyed along with all of the newborns you created.

That is a 0 or 1 type thing: it's either on or off. Even if the situation was calmed down, there's the whole problem of the rule being absolute: calm or not calm.

How do you think it would have gone over with the Volturi had they found out Jasper was calming the situation down? (In other words, using his gifts to work against the Volturi.)

I agree that the Volturi were not visibly irate. However, they were frustrated. The fact that that the Volturi even came to America to confront the situation shows some level of frustration. In my opinion, frustration is a cousin of anger. No being of a higher intelligence will attack or kill something without a valid reason...be it anger or frustration...not unless you're a complete sociopath..which I don't believe the Volturi to be.

I understand that the Volturi had a "rule" in place against newborn vampires..and according to their law...they had to intervene. To me, that indicates a lower form of anger because their rules had been broken. With that said, I believe Jasper could've controlled the situation to some degree..if he wanted. Now, the question is...how powerful is Jasper's gift? Is he limited to one person at a time..or can he calm down multiple people at once? In my opinion, if his power was so great..the final battle in Breaking Dawn would never have taken place..he would have stopped it before it even started.

In regards to the Hulk, if Jasper can calm him down...then the Twi-vamps win..obviously. However, tactics like are not known to work against the Hulk. As far as I know, Betty is the only one who can calm the Hulk down..due to the deep love Bruce has for her. In the comics, any time of mind or mood control doesn't seem to stop the Hulk. Now, I don't know if that carried over in the films or not...a situation never occured where a villain attempted to attack the Hulk's mind.

In sum..if Jasper can calm Hulk down...Vamps win...if not..Vamps are screwed...lol. I'm sure that is everyone's opinion concerning the battle.

King Ghidorah
he is correct, but in accordance with the on-screen rule, Hulk can't regen and he's not TP resistant. Hulk dies.

Um yes, he CAN regen. After getting hit by a mortar shell there was a wound on his shoulder and what happened to the wound?! It *cough* regened *cough*

FrothByte
Alec (Alex?) can just take out Hulk's senses. He'll rage around for a bit but as long as no one touches him he'll eventually calm down and turn back to Banner.

Plus, Hulk isn't fast enough to tag the vamps. He's faster than them in covering distances but he's not as fast combat-wise. Let's not pretend that Hulk is some speedster.

theTANTALIZER
The Vamps will lose badly. Ang Lee's Hulk is Rage incarnate. Even Telepaths will not tap into his mind.

FrothByte
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
The Vamps will lose badly. Ang Lee's Hulk is Rage incarnate. Even Telepaths will not tap into his mind.

Proof that mind powers won't work on Hulk?

Tattoos N Scars
No proof either way whether mind powers will work on Hulk.

theTANTALIZER
Comic Professor X could not even get into Hulk's mind. HULK'S mind is too scrambled. Originally posted by FrothByte
Proof that mind powers won't work on Hulk?

dadudemon
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Comic Professor X could not even get into Hulk's mind. HULK'S mind is too scrambled.

"The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums."

Xavier never attempted mind powers on Hulk so he does not posses resistance to Mind Powers.

FrothByte
No proof either way whether mind powers will work on Hulk.

Loki's mind powers worked on the Hulk fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.