Batman vs Deductive Reasoning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Batman, the so called "Worlds Greatest Detective"... but is he really? The last couple of years their has been a string of super detectives hitting television, with powers of observation and deduction honed so sharp that they can pass for psychics. For all Batman's detective skills he has never really displayed the same level of crazy accurate logic and reasoning as this new bred of television detective. Sherlock's off the cuff analysis of Watson when they first met in BBCs new contemporary Sherlock Holmes series was just insane, and Patrick Jane and Shawn Spencer all have similarly impressive feats. Sure Batman can solve any case, he has a billion dollar personal crime lab at his disposal... but how do his skills as a detective match up? His power of observation, deduction and logic? Batman is on the job but does he have the skill to close the case before these tv detectives:

Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)
Shawn Spencer (Psych)
Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock)
Cal Lightman (Lie to Me)

No gear, no money, and no lab for Batman just raw deductive brain power. Who closes the case first?

psycho gundam
L

/thread

namorsubby
I might pick Sherlock, but according to the books. I've never seen him on "the telly".

SamZED
I loved Batman play detective in "The Batman" series. He basically solved every crime by locating a piece of evidence and going like this - "Hmm.. this particular banana peel can only be found in one place in Gotham!"

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Batman, the so called "Worlds Greatest Detective"... but is he really? The last couple of years their has been a string of super detectives hitting television, with powers of observation and deduction honed so sharp that they can pass for psychics. For all Batman's detective skills he has never really displayed the same level of crazy accurate logic and reasoning as this new bred of television detective. Sherlock's off the cuff analysis of Watson when they first met in BBCs new contemporary Sherlock Holmes series was just insane, and Patrick Jane and Shawn Spencer all have similarly impressive feats. Sure Batman can solve any case, he has a billion dollar personal crime lab at his disposal... but how do his skills as a detective match up? His power of observation, deduction and logic? Batman is on the job but does he have the skill to close the case before these tv detectives:

Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)
Shawn Spencer (Psych)
Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock)
Cal Lightman (Lie to Me)

No gear, no money, and no lab for Batman just raw deductive brain power. Who closes the case first?

hercule poirot beats them hands down. you are an insult to detective genres to not have him on the list

Lord Feron
I like Lie to me the most and I like the actor Lightman so im just gonna say Cal.

Harbinger
Any thread like this that doesn't mention the chick from "Medium"= fail smile

Badabing
Closed. Good idea to bring up in the cross genre nominations thread though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.