Silver Surfer vs. Thanos (matter manipulation)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So.... we know Thanos is more powerful than Surfer in general but does that translate to matter manipulation? I was having this discussion with others and curious what this board thought.... For example if both of them were solely trying to win via matter manipulating the other how would that fight go?

Surfer has more impressive matter manipulation feats... as far as scope and scale are concerned. So does that mean he could take Thanos in a strictly matter manipulation battle? Or is it a case where surfer might be better at doing it but Thanos would still win because of his raw power?

Black bolt z
I'd say surfer.Like you said by feats surfer is superior.ANd just because thanos is superior to him in battle doesn't mean all categories.

Ambient
Yeah! IMO Surfer handsdown beat Thanos in this category however it wouldn't help him in a battle against the titan.. Infact matter manipulation to their biology would have nill effect..

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Ambient
Yeah! IMO Surfer handsdown beat Thanos in this category..

So you think Surfer could turn Thanos to a pizza before vice versa?

Ambient
Yeah! IMO Surfer handsdown beat Thanos in this category however it wouldn't help him in a battle against the titan.. Infact matter manipulation to their biology would have nill effect..

Parmaniac
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So you think Surfer could turn Thanos to a pizza before vice versa? No cause of his resistances but in a contest who can turn whatever into whatever Surfer would win.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Damn you and your edits Ambient lol. Didn't see that before I typed that. So your saying that if each of them had to matter manipulate the environment to accomplish a task.. surfer would do it better and faster right?

Ambient
thumb up

Pretty much..

KuRuPT Thanosi
thumb up

Pretty much..

Well I agree to an extent. For example either of them had to do matter manipulation on a massive scale.. I think surfer would do better. However, the example you gave with each of them turning somebody else into stone per se... I think Thanos could get that job done better. I'm not as versed on Surfer as Ambient.. but I've never seen surfer turn someone with total control over there molecular structure to stone as Thanos did to a skrull. If he has done that to someone comparable to a skrull in a fight then I'd like to know when.

psycho gundam
matter manipulating a skrull (with ease) is a very nice feat, but surfer helped molecule man fix earth up after it got messed up from heavy damage, and then you have the evolution of an entire planet's populace a billion years into their genetic future. no expression

surfer has this hands down.

sersi vs surfer is more of a contest

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
matter manipulating a skrull (with ease) is a very nice feat, but surfer helped molecule man fix earth up after it got messed up from heavy damage, and then you have the evolution of an entire planet's populace a billion years into their genetic future. no expression

surfer has this hands down.

sersi vs surfer is more of a contest

I agree with the example you gave buddy. However, my example that I think Thanos is superior based on feats in a confrontation with someone with total molecular control of their body. Has surfer ever done so in a fight? If not, then you're saying based on the other things he has done he could've done the same to a Skrull just easier?

Naija boy
Surfer is definitely a superior matter manipulator both skill and scopewise to Thanos (and to most people below skyfather for that matter). While neither would be able to straight up matter manip the other in a fight, surfer wud def win in a contest of matter manip on other objects/people

psycho gundam
surfer has a little more respect for his opponents than thanos does, and he didn't have that many reasons to go up against skrulls one on one.

other than them there aren't too many that fit the description under trans.

creating black holes is rudementary for all heralds of galactus

Ambient
I agree with the example you gave buddy. However, my example that I think Thanos is superior based on feats in a confrontation with someone with total molecular control of their body. Has surfer ever done so in a fight? If not, then you're saying based on the other things he has done he could've done the same to a Skrull just easier?
His done somethin far greater than turning someone into a stone like say transmuting Ghaurs consciousness in the form of plasma cloud into a deviant physiology or transmuting a fully functional biotech body for Quasimodo all in a flash..

psycho gundam
he also made lunatik bound to the biosphere of the planet they were fighting on, and if he left he'd parish.

what's that, battlefield quarantine?

BFQ ftw

Naija boy
His done somethin far greater than turning someone into a stone like say transmuting Ghaurs consciousness in the form of plasma cloud into a deviant physiology or transmuting a fully functional biotech body for Quasimodo all in a flash..

yeah i was just about to mention the Ghaur feat.

Surfer also has that feat in v4 where he molecularly merged with and matter manipped the entire planet earth to stop it from being destroyed by Marduk.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well to all three of those posts. I totally and completely agree surfer has the feats to back up superior matter manipulation both in scale and scope. However, the part I disagree on is who could turn a tough opponent into whatever first. In that particular area Thanos has shown to be superior via feats in a combat situation true or no? I guess what I'm saying is that if they were to just to and matter manipulate the other.. it would be tough and maybe neither would be able to do so.. but based on raw power and combat feats doing so.. it seems Thanos would have to have the edge ONLY in that area. As far as scale and scope surfer has proven to be superior.. I agree

Colossus-Big C
Thanos is more powerful than silver surfer in matter manipulation
but silver surfer is a lot more experienced, heck im willing to wager ss is more experienced than galactus in matter maipulation

Naija boy
Even in regards to who could turn who into what first i highly doubt thanos would be superor to surfer. The cosmic messiah who was a clone that had SS powers was able to reduce every single person on the entire planet earth into quantum energy (or something like that) near instantly . Surfer of course would never do this due to his own CIS but it does show the level of of matter manip abilities his power cosmic gives him.

Colossus-Big C
Void
Molecule Man
Silver Surfer

King Kandy
SS wins, he has plenty of impressive feats in this category while Thanos only has one.

Black bolt z
Well to all three of those posts. I totally and completely agree surfer has the feats to back up superior matter manipulation both in scale and scope. However, the part I disagree on is who could turn a tough opponent into whatever first. In that particular area Thanos has shown to be superior via feats in a combat situation true or no? I guess what I'm saying is that if they were to just to and matter manipulate the other.. it would be tough and maybe neither would be able to do so.. but based on raw power and combat feats doing so.. it seems Thanos would have to have the edge ONLY in that area. As far as scale and scope surfer has proven to be superior.. I agree I agree with this.It seems thanos can manipulate people better but as far as objects and scope surfer FTW

FORUM GAZER
SS IN EVERY SITUATION. IF HE WERE EVIL, HE'D JUST TURN EVERYONE INTO FRENCH FRIES.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by FORUM GAZER
SS IN EVERY SITUATION. IF HE WERE EVIL, HE'D JUST TURN EVERYONE INTO FRENCH FRIES. With salt?

rotiart
Sweet potato fries. With kosher salt and Parmesan cheese with a sweet aoili dressing. The calorie intake would be truly evil...

Offhand surfer reconstructed a city and thanos reconstructed a single house as their best building feats I think.

Naija boy
Originally posted by rotiart
Sweet potato fries. With kosher salt and Parmesan cheese with a sweet aoili dressing. The calorie intake would be truly evil...

Offhand surfer reconstructed a city and thanos reconstructed a single house as their best building feats I think.

Surfer did reconstruct planet Sakaar as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doesn't Thanos have like one matter manipulation feat? Turning some Skrull lackey into stone? I'll take Surfer easily. Thor has more feats than Thanos in this category.

Desaad
Thanos has, like, one definitive matter manipulation feat, and was killed and resurrected with a New Body since. I don't know that he still has those abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.