Hellboy vs Riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
something crash lands through NYC hitting building and causing devastation... ppl scream and panic news reports go out. the bureau of the paranormal is called in..

they believe it might be an alien/demon from another reality.

Riddick sore from the crash landing looks around as he steps out of his pod.. ppl stare at him and then run taking note as riddick heads toward the subway... seconds later his pod explodes... ppl are confused.

the waste management vehicle pulls up shortly as the FBI personal ask questions and ppl are told to leave the area immediately b4 they lock it down... once cleared Hellboy steps out and pets his lil baby...

Hellboy: lets get to work.

walking into the subway he scans the crowd and notices a bald man stepping into the shadows of the tunnel.. riddick;s eyes shine in the darkness a dead giveaway.

hellboy: i see you...

riddick runs further into the tunnels toward the low light..

Riddick: i hope you arent afraid of the dark...

Hellboy catches up to riddick who is standing waiting for him to reach him.. Riddick with arms crossed with his blades.

Hellboy: we can do this easy or really easy..

Riddick: i dont do easy..

Hellboy: well, our song is playin

Riddick: let's dance.

Rogue Jedi
Hellboy, dude, durh.

King Castle
why the durh?

how u like the set up?

Rogue Jedi
The setup is fine, the matchup is whack.

Riddick loses here. He'll cut Hellboy up something fierce, but sooner or later Hellboy's big ass hand is gonna end him. Not to mention Hellboy has mad combat speed, he went toe to toe with Nuada.

King Castle
u dont think riddicks blade can lop off his rock hand?

Rogue Jedi
Nah. Hellboy's rock hand was shown taking Nuada's best blade attacks.

BruceSkywalker
Riddick's only chance is beg for his twin brother's life

jinXed by JaNx
i'd like to see riddick try that dumb ass cup trick on Hellboy

Rogue Jedi
haermm That trick was cool, dude.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
haermm That trick was cool, dude.

If cool is the new word that describes lame, then yeah, it was all kinds of cool stick out tongue laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
If cool is the new word that describes lame, then yeah, it was all kinds of cool stick out tongue laughing out loud The man scared off three men with a teacup, that's some Duke ****in Wayne shit.

King Castle
Riddick ftw.. he stabs hellboy like 10 times in the gut and stands over him.

Riddick: u never stood a chance.

Rogue Jedi
no

King Castle
riddick stands outside hellboy's peripheral vision and kills him..

Rogue Jedi
Yeah I don't see that happening. Riddick is a beast, but the man has limits.

King Castle
limits he wont reach while coasting

Kaibs
Riddick would get wasted. Hellboy stood up to the Golden Army, and Nuada. His damage soak is out of this world, plus he's stronger than Riddick as well.

Jmanghan
bump.

golem370
Hellboy for the win

Surtur
I want to point out that Hellboy is indeed vulnerable to piercing attacks. Mostly, besides his hand that is. Heck the guy had cuts in his forehead from glass. So Riddick potentially could kill him, since he usually carries a bladed weapon.

On the other hand Riddick isn't as quick and agile as Nuada was, so he doesn't have that going for him. He is also not going to be able to take more then a single punch. In a straight up fight I think Riddick would lose. But if he got the drop on Hellboy I think he potentially could kill him if he was precise enough.

golem370
He got eaten by a serpent then survived the charges that killed it.

KingD19
Red rather casually took down Kroenen, who was a casual bullet timer and took down entire groups of people with ease(due to being psuedo-invincible).

And even while near death and drunk as shit, Hellboy outfought Nuada and only had to be saved by his sister because he simply refused to kill him because his sister would die too.

Riddick is awesome and would get his respect, but wouldn't win.

Jmanghan
I think that Riddick could use the shadows to his advantage, and as a last resort, he could use that energy blast that comes from his body. If I'm not mistaken, didn't that blast kill a few soldiers that were caught in its Radius?

Khazra Reborn
Hellboy. Also, iirc the only reason that Nuada's spear hurt Red so badly was because it was enchanted or something. It's been a minute since I've seen the Golden Army.

golem370
Well Abe did distract Red telling you can't hurt him without hurting her.

Robtard
Spear was magical, as it regenerated the tip after it broke off and the broken off tip continued to grow inside Hellboy whenever someone tried to remove it

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I think that Riddick could use the shadows to his advantage, and as a last resort, he could use that energy blast that comes from his body. If I'm not mistaken, didn't that blast kill a few soldiers that were caught in its Radius?

Energy blast? confused confused confused

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Scoobless
Energy blast? confused confused confused From "The Chronicles of Riddick".

When Vaako and his men are able to get Riddick, but then Riddick spasms and his "hidden power" gets released or whatever.

A sonic boom-like thing comes out of his body and sends everyone flying.

KingD19
It's called Wrath of the Furyans. Until the next Roddick movie we dont know what triggers it, and he clearly can't use it at will.

Even if he could, Red has taken bigger hits.

Jmanghan
It depends on where they're fighting.

KingD19
No it doesn't. He's used the ability twice. Once in "Escape from Butcher Bay" the video game which is canon to the movie series. And he did it in "Chronicles" Both times he was basically getting beat up by a bunch of guys, and subconsciously used it as a last ditch effort. He used it in Butcher Bay, and on that sun planet.

Regardless though, like I said, from what we've seen, it doesn't have enough punch to do more than maybe slow Hellboy down a little. This is all considering Riddick doesn't get killed quickly as he is far outclassed speedwise by Kroenen and Nuada, who Hellboy not only fought evenly, but actually got the better of.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
No it doesn't. He's used the ability twice. Once in "Escape from Butcher Bay" the video game which is canon to the movie series. And he did it in "Chronicles" Both times he was basically getting beat up by a bunch of guys, and subconsciously used it as a last ditch effort. He used it in Butcher Bay, and on that sun planet.

Regardless though, like I said, from what we've seen, it doesn't have enough punch to do more than maybe slow Hellboy down a little. This is all considering Riddick doesn't get killed quickly as he is far outclassed speedwise by Kroenen and Nuada, who Hellboy not only fought evenly, but actually got the better of. I wasn't talking about the circumstances of activation, I was talking about where they'd be fighting, if he used that on a cliff or something, it would send Hellboy flying and knock him off the cliff.

Just as well, didn't Riddick fight that one guy who was practically teleporting all over the place at the end of Chronicles?

KingD19
There's no evidence the shockwave would knock Hellboy around like it did those normal people. He's much stronger and more durable than anyone Riddick has fought.

And yes, Riddick did fight Lord Marhsal, who due to his trip to the Underverse had the ability to manipulate his soul. His soul would move at superspeed, and then it would snatch his body along behind it when it stopped. However, up until Vaako jumped in, Riddick was basically getting stomped. And it took him focusing on Vaako for Riddick to land the killing blow.

Jmanghan
There's no evidence the shockwave would knock Hellboy around like it did those normal people. He's much stronger and more durable than anyone Riddick has fought.

And yes, Riddick did fight Lord Marhsal, who due to his trip to the Underverse had the ability to manipulate his soul. His soul would move at superspeed, and then it would snatch his body along behind it when it stopped. However, up until Vaako jumped in, Riddick was basically getting stomped. And it took him focusing on Vaako for Riddick to land the killing blow. Riddick landed like a punch or two, still.

I'd put Lord Marshal above anyone Hellboy's fought.

I don't think it has anything to do with Durability.

I think as long as you're a humanoid, and you aren't Supernan, you'll at least go flying a little bit.

I highly doubt what killed several soldiers are just going to barely phase hellboy.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Riddick landed like a punch or two, still.

I'd put Lord Marshal above anyone Hellboy's fought.

I don't think it has anything to do with Durability.

I think as long as you're a humanoid, and you aren't Supernan, you'll at least go flying a little bit.

I highly doubt what killed several soldiers are just going to barely phase hellboy.

Riddick landed punches only when Marshal wasn't using his soul speed. And when he was, Riddick was absolutely dominated, to the point where Vaako's intervention is the only thing that saved his life.

Whether it does anything at all is up for debate, but even then. There's no proof Riddick can just whip it out. HB beating on him certainly won't be the same situations as before. And to be honest, I doubt Riddick can last long enough to use it. A single hit from the RHoD sent Mr. Wink flying a few dozen feet, and he casually punched an SUV into the air with it. A single hit will kill Riddick. A glancing one will break something.

Jmanghan
Riddick landed punches only when Marshal wasn't using his soul speed. And when he was, Riddick was absolutely dominated, to the point where Vaako's intervention is the only thing that saved his life.

Whether it does anything at all is up for debate, but even then. There's no proof Riddick can just whip it out. HB beating on him certainly won't be the same situations as before. And to be honest, I doubt Riddick can last long enough to use it. A single hit from the RHoD sent Mr. Wink flying a few dozen feet, and he casually punched an SUV into the air with it. A single hit will kill Riddick. A glancing one will break something. Have you seen what Riddick can do?

I think you're selling him short a bit.

Versus threads don't always need to be one-sided.

KingD19
I've seen every Riddick movie multiple times. I've beaten both games multiple times. I know very well what he can do. I've seen both all the Hellboy movies multiple times. I know what he can do.

I also know that Hellboy is physically strong enough to kill him with one good punch from the RHoD. Or he could just shoot him as he comes standard with a big honkin gun. But Hellboy has fought Nuada, Kroenen, Mr. Wink, even that regenerating, multiplying hell hound. He even got swallowed by Ogru Jahad and blew up a huge amount of grenades inside it.

He's fast enough to outfight Riddick. He's strong enough to easily kill him. Skilled enough to hang with him if his speed wasn't superior. Durable enough to tank his attacks. Riddick can't win.

And you don't have to explain about vs to me like this is my match. I didn't put this up. You're the one who necroed it. And now that you did, you know for sure Riddick loses.

Impediment
Hellboy.

Q99
Hellboy can take falls fairly well too- remember at the start of Golden Army, where he purposefully stood so he'd be blasted through a window a few stories up onto the street, and that didn't do much to him?

Unless the terrain was really *really* pro-Riddick, this goes very solidly to Hellboy.

golem370
Falling how ever far it was with that hell hound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.