hybridization

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
how many animals do we know has bn hybridized?

and how long will it be b4 i get my monkey man or ape man or the possibility of such ?

are there no human genetic make up close enough to match it to an ape.

i know chromosomes need to line up are their no chromosomal damage where a human or an ape would have the same amount of chromosomes ?

in mutation in a human or an ape?

also what makes a new species if it was born from a certain known animal?

how much of a difference does one need to have to be considered different from its original parents or species?

Shakyamunison
Hominids are a type of ape.

King Castle
and also a type of human

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by King Castle
and also a type of human

Yes, humans are hominids, and hominids are apes. So asking, "i know chromosomes need to line up are their no chromosomal damage where a human or an ape would have the same amount of chromosomes ?" is a poorly worded question, at best.

King Castle
but u know what i want and meant... dont get smart w/me. miffed shifty
either this :

http://meerajay.sulekha.com/mstore/meerajay/albums/default/ape.jpg
or this
http://tigrepelvar2.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/what-makes-us-human_1.jpg

to =

http://www.quest-online.com/NewFiles/images/BushBlows.jpg

Shakyamunison
but u know what i want and meant... dont get smart w/me. miffed...

It is your responsibility to communicate your idea, and it is mine to point out were I don't understand you.

King Castle
fine, i want to know what variables need to line up for a modern human to be hybridized with either a modern ape or monkey and if science will be able to solve this problem in the near future,.

Shakyamunison
fine, i want to know what variables need to line up for a modern human to be hybridized with either a modern ape or monkey and if science will be able to solve this problem in the near future,.

The mismatch in chromosomes would lead to an animal that could not reproduce. That problem cannot be overcome by modern science.

King Castle
how do you know or are you just assuming it would be sterile?

i mean we have some modern hybrids that do reproduce as far as i am aware..

confused

Shakyamunison
how do you know or are you just assuming it would be sterile?

i mean we have some modern hybrids that do reproduce as far as i am aware..

confused

Sure there are some hybrids that can reproduce, but in each and every case, they are of species that have a robust genetic diversity. Humans, on the other hand, have a very narrow diversity, because we suffered an extinction bottle neck around 70,000 years ago.

tuhin10
I just assume it to be human.......

King Castle
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
because we suffered an extinction bottle neck around 70,000 years ago. ohh, interesting explain more pls.

Shakyamunison
ohh, interesting explain more pls.

About what? confused

King Castle
why are we not diverse?

Mindship
http://www.rense.com/general67/oliver.htm

Omega Vision
Wikipedia has a pretty good article on the subject of the Humanzee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

The Russian army actually had plans of creating an army of hybrid soldiers and workers but it never really came to anything.

Symmetric Chaos
why are we not diverse?

We are very diverse.

King Castle
MqwQ5-PNbXQ

had stalin's scientist used a chimp rather then an orangutan and a used a human with damage chromosome could it not increased the odds at least slightly?

http://www.moonbattery.com/orangutan.jpg

jaden101
http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/liger.jpg

Liger: Male Lion and female Tiger

http://3parblog.typepad.com/files/tigon-1.jpg

Tigon: Male Tiger and female Lion.

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/journal/images/2003/05/30/idaho.mule.jpg

Mule: Male donkey and female horse.

Beefalo: Domestic cow and Bison

Cama: Llama and Camel

Geep: Goat and Sheep (although this is technically a Chimera as they can't simply be bred and the zygotes have to be artificially fused together as one species has 6 less chromosomes than the other and so they can't pair up naturally)

Grolar bear: Grizzly and Polar bear hybrid which occassionally occurs naturally.

Zebroid: Cross between an Zebra and any other Equine...a Zorse being an example (i'm sure you can guess)

There's loads.

jaden101
The problem with cross breeding is it can only occur, like I said above, if the number of chromosomes in each species is the same and so can pair up. If they can't then the embryo isn't viable and so results in natural termination.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We are very diverse.

But not genetically.

King Castle
Originally posted by jaden101
The problem with cross breeding is it can only occur, like I said above, if the number of chromosomes in each species is the same and so can pair up. If they can't then the embryo isn't viable and so results in natural termination. so all it takes is human with the same number of chromosomes like lets say some one with a type of down syndrome where one chromosome might be missing or added, right?

Symmetric Chaos
so all it takes is human with the same number of chromosomes like lets say some one with a type of down syndrome where one chromosome might be missing or added, right?

Down's adds a second 21st chromosome and there aren't any animals that have an odd number of chromosomes to mate those people with. Not to mention that there are all sorts of other factors involved, which we would need a geneticist to get any sort of handle on.

King Castle
jaden mentioned a chimera cant the same method to make one not be used for a human and a chimp or any other ape?

forced fusing.

Symmetric Chaos
jaden mentioned a chimera cant the same method to make one not be used for a human and a chimp or any other ape?

forced fusing.

Only if humans and chimps happened to have exactly the right similarities.

King Castle
u guys thing that if we did a breeding program like we do on animals that we can get ppl with Atavism traits and vestigial organs to regress into a more animalistic appearance and even genetic traits?

i mean we bree out certain traits and breed in others..

i believe its bn done to regress certain animals to appear more similar to other extinct animals in which they originated.

Zampanó
link?

King Castle
here is an article
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1961918,00.html

there was a show where i saw a small looking animals that was supposedly the ancestor of the modern camel.. it look like a llama of some kind but smaller they said that they had bred it into existence through selective breeding and hybridization and it was the closes looking thing that had the same features of the camels ancestors.

jaden101
so all it takes is human with the same number of chromosomes like lets say some one with a type of down syndrome where one chromosome might be missing or added, right?

You would need an ape/monkey species with the same number of pairs of chromosomes (although there are examples when the numbers of chromosomes don't match but it's extremely rare)

It's been quite a while since I done anything on genetics of this sort though (nearly 10 years) so i'm not exactly up to speed on it.

Probably but then technically it wouldn't be a hybrid. With chimerism the DNA of each parent species is expressed separately and randomly throughout the body so a chimera of a human and an ape could result in a perfectly normal looking human face with chimp ears. ( an extreme example).

Most likely what you'd get is patchy body hair when areas of the body are expressing normal human hair and other patches are expressing monkey hair. Similar to what you see in mouse chimeras.

King Castle
a zeedonk was recently born at an animal preserve the parents mated naturally not forced nor goated.. just saw it on the news the owner is pleasantly surprised.
part donkey and zeebra
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f8HQ8QpcUVU/So-5evLoTmI/AAAAAAAABk4/h7yebOSceVE/s320/Zee-Donk2.JPG

this what it looks like but is not the one that was recently born

Parmaniac
i believe its bn done to regress certain animals to appear more similar to other extinct animals in which they originated. I remember a few years ago they wanted to this with mammoth DNA and elephants to step by step "recreate" a mammoth.

King Castle
leapon

mix between a lion and a leopard

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6ovpexyJ5p0/SHVP7IPeuII/AAAAAAAAAWQ/9IZdG6mstWc/s400/japanese_leopon.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
That looks like terrible photomanipulation.

King Castle
it does i just wanted to use it knowing some one would say that.. plus its head is very unproportionate to its body anyways makes it look not real.

http://www.hemmy.net/2006/06/19/top-10-hybrid-animals/

Symmetric Chaos
I stand corrected.

StarCraft2
batwoman = mix between a wombat and a man

how many animals do we know has bn hybridized?

and how long will it be b4 i get my monkey man or ape man or the possibility of such ?

are there no human genetic make up close enough to match it to an ape.

i know chromosomes need to line up are their no chromosomal damage where a human or an ape would have the same amount of chromosomes ?

in mutation in a human or an ape?

also what makes a new species if it was born from a certain known animal?

how much of a difference does one need to have to be considered different from its original parents or species?

A lot

Probably never

We have a different number of chromossomes than the other extant apes, so they cant pair up properly.

What?

Reproductive isolation from the parent species is what defines the biological concept of species. It's the most popular one, but its aplication outside vertebrate animals is extremelly limited and there are many other definitions. Strictly speaking, what a species is is a matter of perception and convention. Species are also usually defined and identified at the level populations, not individuals.

Depends on the group.

u guys thing that if we did a breeding program like we do on animals that we can get ppl with Atavism traits and vestigial organs to regress into a more animalistic appearance and even genetic traits?

i mean we bree out certain traits and breed in others..

i believe its bn done to regress certain animals to appear more similar to other extinct animals in which they originated.

They wouldn't be regressing. Depends on how the genes determining those characteristics operate. Since we are animals I'd say we look animalistic enough.

King Castle
bn thinking grab ppl's dna with atavism traits and just keep impregnating embryos and then after a few weeks or months grab the dna and do it again over and over and over till till we get the right trait mix in the following generations.

bn thinking grab ppl's dna with atavism traits and just keep impregnating embryos and then after a few weeks or months grab the dna and do it again over and over and over till till we get the right trait mix in the following generations.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you're hoping to create exactly?

King Castle
using ppl with atavism traits i want to regress them to a more apish or cro magnon man...

using ppl with atavism traits i want to regress them to a more apish or cro magnon man... That wouldnt be regressing them, but why do you want to acomplish this?

King Castle
i dont like semantics .. i am regressing them.

its how some scientist are planning to reintroduce the auroch using modern cows to selective breeding to bring the original back.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1961918,00.html

Symmetric Chaos
i dont like semantics .. i am regressing them.

But why?

King Castle
same reason we do anything really... just to see if it can be done.nerd advancement of human knowledge

plus i want my monkey man or ape man!!

same reason we do anything really... just to see if it can be done.nerd advancement of human knowledge

plus i want my monkey man or ape man!! Do you see these people/other apes beings sold as pets so you can have one? Is that it?

King Castle
no, i just want to see it be done and then i can move on.. put it in the zoo, let it live in society or put it down.. it really is just curiousity. alien

Robtard

plus i want my monkey man or ape man!!

What if it ends up raping you?

See: Splice

King Castle
i am not going to be the scientist..

also i want a dire wolf we need to breed it back into existence

Well, extinction is forever, we cant ressurect dead species. If you like animals so much, devoting some energy towards conservation of the extant ones would be a better pet project than obsessing so much abut the dead ones.

King Castle
actually extinction isnt always forever.. at least in the case of some animals who have modern descendant that still holds pieces of the original genetic make up in its DNA..

which can be selectively bred back in to reintroduce the actual original ancestors

But it cant. At best you get another evolutive line that sort of looks like the extinct one.

King Castle
think of it as forks in the road that branch out and then merge again.. some are dead ends some go completely different direction and some curve back at a junction point.

The hope for its resurrection now lies in its tame descendants, domesticated cattle. Here's how the process is expected to work: Scientists will first scour old aurochs bone and teeth fragments from museums in order to glean enough genetic material to be able to recreate its DNA. Researchers will then compare the DNA to that of modern European cattle to determine which breeds still carry the creature's genes and create a selective-breeding program to reverse thousands of years of evolution. If everything goes as planned, each passing generation will more closely resemble the ancient aurochs. "Everything will be put together in a genetic mosaic," says Donato Matassino, head of the Consortium for Experimental Biotechnology in Italy and one of the scientists involved in the project. "Once we have all the roads, we'll try to follow them back to Rome."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1961918,00.html#ixzz0wX5qlXFk

Right, i understand what they're getting at, but it wont work. The key word there is mosaic, they'll just end up with some artifical hybrids that resemble the dead species. Besides, their echological niche is gone, they'll never bbehave like the original extinct ones did. It's just jurassic park wishfull thinking. Sadly, extinction is forever.

King Castle
Originally posted by Robtard
What if it ends up raping you?

See: Splice i guess i am okay with that if it looks like this:

http://llwyd.tripod.com/beast/poaari2.jpg

England101
Been reading about crossing humans with monkeys but most attempts done have failed as monkeys have an extra chromosome than humans but Also read that downsyndrome humans have an extra chromosome also, so think some one should try crossing a downsyndrome with a monkey..lol You never know maybe it would work even though different types of chromsomes!!! In all humans chromosomes 2 and 4 have merged together and in apes they are seperate so they have one extra than us,, in Downsyndrome ppl they have an extra copy of chromosome 21 making them have the same number of chromosomes as monkeys. Monkeys like all healthy humans have one chromosome 21 but as downsyndrome humans have an extra copy of chromosome 21 it makes the total number of chromosones the same maybe that would help in cross breeding them. ...But surely someone must have tried this before if they haven't then they should try...!!

Just thought it was an interesting idea and wanted to share it even though ethically questionable but could work better than trying to cross a healthy human with one less chromsome than an ape.

this was an amazing post

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.