Wolverine vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who wins?

-Pr-
Arthur.

chomperx9
big grin

Stoic
why does Arthur win? And why is this Spite? Wolverine has taken direct punishment from Sasquatch, The Hulk, and other bruisers.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Stoic
why does Arthur win? And why is this Spite? Wolverine has taken direct punishment from Sasquatch, The Hulk, and other bruisers. me personally i dont consider the hulk ones legit. sure he can maybe take afew hits from aquaman but he isnt winning. aquaman drowns logan at the bottom of the sea.

Stoic
But the fight isn't on a beach, to make this more fair to Wolverine, let's say that its in New Jersey.

Omega Vision
why does Arthur win? And why is this Spite? Wolverine has taken direct punishment from Sasquatch, The Hulk, and other bruisers.
Bfr. Aquaman is a bit more agile and skilled than most "bruisers".

Edit: It's in New Jersey? Then Aquaman is doing Logan a favor by bfring him. laughing out loud

Wei Phoenix
But the fight isn't on a beach, to make this more fair to Wolverine, let's say that its in New Jersey.

Jersey Shore.

Stoic
So Wolverine can't tag Arthur?

BlackZero30x

ok mind rape for the ko then.......and if he could not for some reason then theirs always the fact that AM would probably just put him down and hold down...more then likely in a position that his claws will be meaningless.....

AM is way out of Logan's league

Omega Vision
So Wolverine can't tag Arthur?
No one is saying that, only that in a no PIS scenario Arthur can just bfr Wolverine if Logan keeps on getting up after getting knocked around.

namorsubby
Arthur Curry FTW

Omega Vision
Does he have a working respect thread?

Juk3n
Originally posted by chomperx9
me personally i dont consider the hulk ones legit.

Wolverine was first written as a Hulk enemy, Wolverine is a brick wrecker, his class 100 battle feats are legit because of his healing factor and his skeleton and claws, he's indestructable so ofcourse his Hulk feats are legit.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does he have a working respect thread? alot of his links for the one here aren't functional.

I wanna redo it kinda, but I believe he has somewhere along the line of 1500 issues, and that's alot of work for a character who's not exactly one of my absolute favs.

Also, my name has "namor" in it.lol

Stoic
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
ok mind rape for the ko then.......and if he could not for some reason then theirs always the fact that AM would probably just put him down and hold down...more then likely in a position that his claws will be meaningless.....

AM is way out of Logan's league

Xavier said that Wolverines mind is very hard to control. Meaning he could resist.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Juk3n
Wolverine was first written as a Hulk enemy, Wolverine is a brick wrecker, his class 100 battle feats are legit because of his healing factor and his skeleton and claws, he's indestructable so ofcourse his Hulk feats are legit. i agree to him taking the hits just not winning.

-Pr-

he isn't just a bruiser, though.

Xavier said that Wolverines mind is very hard to control. Meaning he could resist.

he'd have to resist while getting the snot beat out of him.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
he isn't just a bruiser, though.

he'd have to resist while getting the snot beat out of him.

What about his beserker rage state? he becomes a far better fighter when in this state, and will ignore anything other than a killing blow.

StiltmanFTW
Forgive me my ignorance, but I thought Aquaman's only TP display was talking to fish stick out tongue

What are his TP feats? And didn't he get owned by Batman?

Yeah, I know, outrageous post.

-Pr-
What about his beserker rage state? he becomes a far better fighter when in this state, and will ignore anything other than a killing blow.

arthur is still faster iirc, though.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Forgive me my ignorance, but I thought Aquaman's only TP display was talking to fish stick out tongue

his telepathy works on everything now. he once gave a white martian a seizure iirc.

Stoic
Arthur would become slightly bogged down if he were to attempt to control Logan, not to mention Logans superior senses. Wouldn't this even things out a bit?

-Pr-
Arthur would become slightly bogged down if he were to attempt to control Logan, not to mention Logans superior senses. Wouldn't this even things out a bit?

his senses aren't THAT superior, if at all. arthur has to navigate at the bottom of the ocean after all.

BlackZero30x

why control him? KO would be just fine.....or bfr or simply throw a giant object on him(he'd be incapacitated due to the fact he couldn't lift it.....and no his claws wouldn't help seeing how his arms would be pinned)

or maybe aquaman just tosses him as hard as he can at the side of a hill.....

batdude123
This is a joke, yes?

Aquaman takes a solid majority, but logan can take a few.

Stoic
why control him? KO would be just fine.....or bfr or simply throw a giant object on him(he'd be incapacitated due to the fact he couldn't lift it.....and no his claws wouldn't help seeing how his arms would be pinned)

or maybe aquaman just tosses him as hard as he can at the side of a hill.....

I thought that it was very hard to ko Wolvie.

I thought that it was very hard to ko Wolvie. He meant through TP. I doubt it would work out like that though.

BlackZero30x
I thought that it was very hard to ko Wolvie.

hard but not impossible....like PR stated he caused a white martian to go into seizures....so mental rape is a solid chance.

tossing him into a hill is just to destroy every organ blood vessel and muscle in wolverine body....could he heal yes but not fast enough to help himself.

in fact im reminded of namor doing that to wolverine....except it was into a building not a hillside lol

jinzin
Originally posted by chomperx9
me personally i dont consider the hulk ones legit. sure he can maybe take afew hits from aquaman but he isnt winning. aquaman drowns logan at the bottom of the sea.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good thing we listen to Marvel instead of you then isn't it.

-K-M-

No, his telepathy works on humans, aliens, land creatures and aquatic beings.

That was when he was weaker, and he also has owned Batman easily too. Meh!

Does he have a working respect thread?

Working on it.

jinzin
tossing him into a hill is just to destroy every organ blood vessel and muscle in wolverine body....could he heal yes but not fast enough to help himself.

in fact im reminded of namor doing that to wolverine....except it was into a building not a hillside lol

Ughhh.... Yeah well do you also remember it was after Namor had to run away and heal himself in the X-men's pool? Or that Wolverine was already getting up talking whole paragraphs of trash immediately after Namor did that....

He can't heal fast enough to help himself? In spite of him doing JUST THAT very thing in his fights with people like Hulk and well.. every other brick he's ever fought.... huh... Wanna do somethin OTHER than talk out yer ass here?

amnesia
who on earth would ever bother to make a aquaman respect thread?

chomperx9
after so long doesnt aquaman need to be around water ?

Lord Feron
AM totally mind ****s logan. but barring that, I believe AM still beats logan if he fight smart. Because i believe logan is quick enough to tag AM but AM is strong and fast and depending on what version has something like a water hand to do special attacks.

so yeah AM would win more times than not imo.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by batdude123
This is a joke, yes?

Yes

Not a very funny one at that

-K-M-
Originally posted by amnesia

Because he is actually a good character?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by -K-M-
Because he is actually a good character? When I was kid back in the 80's he was one of my favs on the Superfriends.

shiv
I guess Logans Skeleton would make a nice toothpick for a Killer Whale, y'know for those bits of raw squid that get stuck between teeth.

amnesia
Because he is actually a good character?

laughing out loud

He is the reason i don't read brightest day.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by shiv
I guess Logans Skeleton would make a nice toothpick for a Killer Whale, y'know for those bits of raw squid that get stuck between teeth. Funny you mention Killer Whale. It reminds me that in Marvel vs DC the Aquaman/Namor fight was not fan-voted, that's who the writer actually thought would win.

namorsubby
Originally posted by jinzin
Ughhh.... Yeah well do you also remember it was after Namor had to run away and heal himself in the X-men's pool? Or that Wolverine was already getting up talking whole paragraphs of trash immediately after Namor did that....

He can't heal fast enough to help himself? In spite of him doing JUST THAT very thing in his fights with people like Hulk and well.. every other brick he's ever fought.... huh... Wanna do somethin OTHER than talk out yer ass here?

lol, he was talking trash while still smashed into the ground, and motionless. That's effectively incapacitated.

-Pr-
Originally posted by amnesia

in his books, he's a badass. he just got a bad rap from the superfriends show.

jinzin
Originally posted by namorsubby
lol, he was talking trash while still smashed into the ground, and motionless. That's effectively incapacitated. What the f**k? He was in the process of getting up. So... You're wrong like usual? Yup.

BlackZero30x

ooh yea "talking whole paragraphs of trash" is gonna take namor outlaughing out loud

yea ok fine "smart guy" lets throw that whole argument out....show me the last time he actually beat a brick at aquamans level(this includes his tp powers to)

and another thing...their is absolutely no reason to bring my ass into thismad

namorsubby
What the f**k? He was in the process of getting up. So... You're wrong like usual? Yup.

by, he was in the process of getting up, you mean Namor actually left and went and conversed with Xavier before Logan showed up fully healed and ready to go?

*sigh*, but yeah, I'm wrong.

srankmissingnin
by, he was in the process of getting up, you mean Namor actually left and went and conversed with Xavier before Logan showed up fully healed and ready to go?

I think that by "in the process of getting up," he means that Wolverine was shown starting to push himself off the ground the the very panel after he was axe handle smashed into the pavement. His breathing and narration wasn't labored, there was nothing to indicate that fight wouldn't have continued if Pro. X hadn't shown up.

Or maybe he just thinks it is comfortable to support the weight of his adamantium body on his forearms for absolutely no reason?

srankmissingnin
yea ok fine "smart guy" lets throw that whole argument out....show me the last time he actually beat a brick at aquamans level(this includes his tp powers to)

Man-beast with the powers of the High Evolutionary?

jinzin
ooh yea "talking whole paragraphs of trash" is gonna take namor outlaughing out loud

and another thing...their is absolutely no reason to bring my ass into thismad

lol. Then I apologize sir.

To be honest. I think TP is the only thing Aquaman has going for him in a fight with Wolverine. Some people think it will be effective some don't and it's conjecture either way.

I think there's two distinct likelihoods here.
1 tp works and Aquaman owns Logan
2 it doesn't work and Logan cuts Aquaman up.

There's arguments made for what his water hand can do, so given that asset he'd probably take the majority..

Without it in a straight fight he won't.

jinzin

laughing out loud

Wolverine was already getting up as he was talking trash... how you concluded that it took longer for Wolverine to heal is a mystery. You must have the writers cut of that comic huh?

Yeah, you are.... but that's normal for you. wink

Omega Vision

To be honest. I think TP is the only thing Aquaman has going for him in a fight with Wolverine. Some people think it will be effective some don't and it's conjecture either way.

There's arguments made for what his water hand can do, so given that asset he'd probably take the majority..

What's to stop Aquaman from bfring Logan? Because you say "cuts Aquaman up" as if that's something that can be accomplished easily and in only a few slashes.

srankmissingnin
What's to stop Aquaman from bfring Logan? Because you say "cuts Aquaman up" as if that's something that can be accomplished easily and in only a few slashes.

It can.

jinzin

Sorry, it's true Aquaman CAN BFR Logan... the question is can he do it more often than Logan dices him? Probably not.
So..... what Srank said...

OR can he do it to a point that will remove Logan from the fight? Because Hulk's punched Wolverine from New York to Boston and Wolverine got on the next train back to the fight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It can.
You're underrating Aquaman's durability methinks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm willing to beat Wolverine could slice and dice Aquaman easily.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm willing to beat Wolverine could slice and dice Aquaman easily.
Is Aquaman standing still in this scenario?

srankmissingnin
You're underrating Aquaman's durability methinks.

Wolverine has got a full 12 inches ( cool ) of penetration from his claws on Thing, Hulk, Red Hulk, Wrecker, Absorbingman and Namor, in one shot, he even carvered up Count Naferia... but I'm sure Aquaman will be able to resist though, he has the power of the sea on his side!!!

srankmissingnin

Little known fact: Everyone Wolverine has ever cut was actually standing still, because if they were to move, he would be unable to hit them because he is completely inept!!!

namorsubby
laughing out loud

Wolverine was already getting up as he was talking trash... how you concluded that it took longer for Wolverine to heal is a mystery. You must have the writers cut of that comic huh?

Yeah, you are.... but that's normal for you. wink

Wolverine wasn't shown "all the way up"(I'll humor you) until Namor had already left and finished a whole conversation. At the end of my first statement, I said Logan was "effectively incapacitated", at the very least for several moments. Do you not agree?

If you say no, then I'll know to end it right here.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I don't think Arthur is suicidal. I still don't see how whether or not Wolverine can tag Arthur -I believe he can- has anything to do with me discussing his durability in relation to Wolverine's claws. If Wolverine get's a decent swipe in, Aquaman will bleed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wolverine has got a full 12 inches ( cool ) of penetration from his claws on Thing, Hulk, Red Hulk, Wrecker, Absorbingman and Namor, in one shot, he even carvered up Count Naferia... but I'm sure Aquaman will be able to resist though, he has the power of the sea on his side!!!

It's my theory that Count Nefaria had been depowered for that encounter. Wasn't he pure ionic energy in his last appearance? Whatever, it's Bendis. Cage floored him with a punch.

jinzin
Wolverine wasn't shown "all the way up"(I'll humor you) until Namor had already left and finished a whole conversation. At the end of my first statement, I said Logan was "effectively incapacitated", at the very least for several moments. Do you not agree?

If you say no, then I'll know to end it right here. No.. he wasn't. He was already getting up.. seriously, do you have any idea how many times Wolverine's been knocked down only to get up and fight the rest of the fight.. to win.. Look at his fight with Hulk in Wolverine 145 and take off your asshat.

srankmissingnin
No.. he wasn't. He was already getting up.. seriously, do you have any idea how many times Wolverine's been knocked down only to get up and fight the rest of the fight.. to win.. Look at his fight with Hulk in Wolverine 145 and take off your asshat.

That's not how fights work! 1f you get knocked down, you lose! Haven't you ever watched boxing or mma???? Huh idiot? dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Skrank, play nice or I'll put you in the corner again.

BlackZero30x

lol no need

anyways im kinda fighting with my girl so im out for tonight happy debating!

namorsubby
No.. he wasn't. He was already getting up.. seriously, do you have any idea how many times Wolverine's been knocked down only to get up and fight the rest of the fight.. to win.. Look at his fight with Hulk in Wolverine 145 and take off your asshat.

Wolverine wasn't displayed as up and ready to go until several moments later,which means after Namor had left and conversed with Xavier. Now I would call that "being momentarily incapacitated", but yeah, I'm just out of it.

Carry onthumb up

That's not how fights work! 1f you get knocked down, you lose! Haven't you ever watched boxing or mma???? Huh idiot? dur

No, Srank, you lose when you get knocked down and you don't get up in a timely fashion. After Namor has finished running an errand doesn't count as "up in a timely fashion"

But no, you're rightdur

iceman24567
Aquaman stomps

srankmissingnin
No, Srank, you lose when you get knocked down and you don't get up in a timely fashion. After Namor has finished running an errand doesn't count as "up in a timely fashion"

But no, you're rightdur

And he was shown getting up immediately after the attack. So you do agree with Jinzin? eek!

jinzin
Wolverine wasn't displayed as up and ready to go until several moments later,which means after Namor had left and conversed with Xavier. Now I would call that "being momentarily incapacitated", but yeah, I'm just out of it.
like Srank said.. you fall down, you lose!

I guess instantly getting up isn't a timely enough fashion.. whatever.

namorsubby
like Srank said.. you fall down, you lose!

I guess instantly getting up isn't a timely enough fashion.. whatever. So you're saying he was shown completely up before hs appearance after the talk with Xavier? In other words, bold face lying? confused

srankmissingnin
He was shown getting up. Getting up is the action that comes after getting knocked down and before being up. If he was getting up, the logical conclusion is that the act of getting up would result in being up...

Or maybe he though that was a good time to get in a couple sets of pushups?

namorsubby
He was shown getting up. Getting up is the action that comes after getting knocked down and before being up. If he was getting up, the logical conclusion is that the act of getting up would result in being up...

Or maybe he though that was a good time to get in a couple sets of pushups? He was shown looking back, lefting his head, commenting. I just rechecked it.

Where was he "getting up"? Post it, and I'll concede. I always do and I have when people provide amything that actually proves something. Ask a real debater, they're floating around here. No BS, you show, I concede, period.

srankmissingnin
You have the book, look at it. His arms are bend, his hand is drawn under his bicep, he isn't lying on the ground, he is in the "girl push-up position" supporting the weight on his body with his hands and knees... If he isn't getting up, what do you think he is doing? Presenting himself for Namor to take doggy style?

namorsubby
Okay, Srank. So he got up right then, before namor even left or had a conversation with X?

Seriously though, I honestly don't see how I can get that from anything shown in the actual issue. Not playing dumb, all BS aside. If you could just show me what you mean so I can see it your way, then that would be helpful. besides all of this.

I'm not engaging in any more back-and-forth until it gets hostile with you, Jinzin, or anyone, anymore, though. From now on I'll just realize when it gets to that point where we won't agree, and then do the mature thing, and "agree to disagree". Seriously, it's foolishness, IMO, on everyone's behalf. I'm tiring of it.

Harbinger
This is a joke, yes? And unfortunately, it isn't.

hehe Namor destroyed him in that encounter, there's no way arround that fact. Sure he needed the water after logan stabbed him and he could have gone for the skull, but IIRC logan got a cheap shot in with that stab and namor had been away from the ocean for a long time.

Wolverine is a good counter for bricks but it's unrealistic to expect him to take hulk or even namor for a majority in forum fights. Aquaman wins here too. Drops a building on him.

-Pr-
Can Logan cut Aquaman? Most definitely. Would it be enough to put Arthur down? Not likely, imo.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
hehe Namor destroyed him in that encounter, there's no way arround that fact. Sure he needed the water after logan stabbed him and he could have gone for the skull, but IIRC logan got a cheap shot in with that stab and namor had been away from the ocean for a long time.

Wolverine is a good counter for bricks but it's unrealistic to expect him to take hulk or even namor for a majority in forum fights. Aquaman wins here too. Drops a building on him.

Yes Namor had the advantage in that fight, which is the likely scenario with a body of water to retreat to, they were both cheap shotting eachother though.

As far as unrealistic? Wolverine has a better suited power for defense to brick punishment while that isn't true the other way around. He can take in stride punishment from bricks for a while before being incapped and in turn all he has to do to drop most bricks is land one jab, doesn't even have to be well placed. He's a better fighter, more agile, and usually faster than they are as well.. He's the anti-brick able to bypass their best offense while having weapons that make their durability irrelivent.

Yes Namor had the advantage in that fight, which is the likely scenario with a body of water to retreat to, they were both cheap shotting eachother though.

As far as unrealistic? Wolverine has a better suited power for defense to brick punishment while that isn't true the other way around. He can take in stride punishment from bricks for a while before being incapped and in turn all he has to do to drop most bricks is land one jab, doesn't even have to be well placed. He's a better fighter, more agile, and usually faster than they are as well.. He's the anti-brick able to bypass their best offense while having weapons that make their durability irrelivent. If we were talking about a fight against a standard brick like the thing then yes, he's powerset is perfect to counter that. But a lot of these bricks people pin him up agaisnt also have HF, superspeed and or flight, so his chances drop. He can still punch outside his weight class, but it's not really enough to give him a majority against the Hulk and some others in a forum IMO.

StyleTime
Aquaman should win this. Wolverine can cut him though.

753, I don't think jinzin gives Wolverine a majority on Hulk or those like Hulk.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
If we were talking about a fight against a standard brick like the thing then yes, he's powerset is perfect to counter that. But a lot of these bricks people pin him up agaisnt also have HF, superspeed and or flight, so his chances drop. He can still punch outside his weight class, but it's not really enough to give him a majority against the Hulk and some others in a forum IMO.

When you don't have a viable ranged option flight doesn't really add that much into the equation.

batdude123
This discussion on how Wolverine does against bricks is hilariously redundant.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1291/aquman.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1636/aquaman2.jpg

Aquaman wins 10/10.

srankmissingnin
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/th_WFC_4_Cake_DCP_030.jpg

cool

batdude123
Cool story bro.

Aquaman 10/10 via mindrape.

srankmissingnin
Berserker Wolverine is immune to mindrape.

-Pr-

he can punt him in to the next state, then.

srankmissingnin
he can punt him in to the next state, then.

... and Wolverine can eviscerate him, ending the fight in one blow.

-Pr-
... and Wolverine can eviscerate him, ending the fight in one blow.

based on?

batdude123

Aquaman's telepathy isn't ordinary telepathy. As long as Wolverine has a basal ganglia, he can be manipulated.

srankmissingnin
based on?

Anatomy? confused

-Pr-
Anatomy? confused

so his durability doesn't matter in the slightest?

srankmissingnin
Aquaman's telepathy isn't ordinary telepathy. As long as Wolverine has a basal ganglia, he can be manipulated.

All telepathy works by exerting control over the brain, Aquaman focusing his on a certain isolated area doesn't make it any different. Berserker Wolverine is immune to telepathic assaults.

srankmissingnin
so his durability doesn't matter in the slightest?

It matters about as much as Namor's, aka not at all.

batdude123
All telepathy works by exerting control over the brain, Aquaman focusing his on a certain isolated area doesn't make it any different. Berserker Wolverine is immune to telepathic assaults.

A mindblast =/= Aquaman's manipulation of the basal ganglia.

Any other examples of Wolverine's immunity, or is this all you're basing it on?

-Pr-
It matters about as much as Namor's, aka not at all.

what about arthur's senses and speed and strength, which are all pretty impressive in their own right?

and how does logan start the fight in beserker rage?

Namor did pretty well iirc.

Starscream M
what about arthur's senses and speed and strength, which are all pretty impressive in their own right?

and how does logan start the fight in beserker rage?

Namor did pretty well iirc. logan's faced far greater strength and speed. arthur aint impressive in either regard.

logan doesnt need berserker to beat arthur.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
logan's faced far greater strength and speed. arthur aint impressive in either regard.

logan doesnt need berserker to beat arthur.

this is without PIS.

why not?

marwash22
Other than amping someone who already has TP, Arthur isn't impressive.

Wolverine wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by marwash22
Other than amping someone who already has TP

That makes no sense.

Starscream M
this is without PIS.

why not? logans held his own against far superior opponents enough times that you can no longer claim PIS

cuz logan has resistance to tp

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
logans held his own against far superior opponents enough times that you can no longer claim PIS

cuz logan has resistance to tp

arthur has held his own against better too. and yes, sometimes you can claim PIS.

he's been put down by telepaths before.

srankmissingnin
A mindblast =/= Aquaman's manipulation of the basal ganglia.

Any other examples of Wolverine's immunity, or is this all you're basing it on?

Standard psychics just aren't limited to that one area, they have complete dominion of the brain... and that includes the basal ganglia. Any physic could do the exact same thing Aquaman does by manipulating the basal ganglia, they just aren't limited to that one area and have a larger bag of tricks. If Wolverine is immune to psychic intrusion, that includes manipulation of the basal ganglia... if it didn't he wouldn't be immune and psychics would just target that one area

Berserker Wolverine was immune to Cassandra Nova as well.

srankmissingnin
arthur has held his own against better too. and yes, sometimes you can claim PIS.

he's been put down by telepaths before.

Not since he was stated as having level 9 psi-dampeners installed.

marwash22
That makes no sense. how so?

-Pr-
Not since he was stated as having level 9 psi-dampeners installed.

so that leaves arthur's superior strength, durability, comparable speed and reflexes, and his not-half bad senses. plus his trident.

Tha C-Master
So I'm clear are you arguing Wolverine winning S-Rank?

-K-M-
Originally posted by marwash22
how so?

Because his telepathy has worked on sub-skyfather beings. So no your wrong.

Are we assuming this is Aquaman with the Clear as well?

-Pr-
Because his telepathy has worked on sub-skyfather beings. So no your wrong.

Are we assuming this is Aquaman with the Clear as well?

isn't that as standard anyway?

-K-M-
isn't that as standard anyway?

*shrugs* Many people ignore he has it. It amped his telepathy to a new level.

Stoic
All I can say is this, if Wolverine tags Arthur with those claws, and this is very possible (because he has fought better tactical fighter than Arthur and won), Arthur would be heavily wounded, perhaps to the point that he'd have to flee.

BlackZero30x
All I can say is this, if Wolverine tags Arthur with those claws, and this is very possible (because he has fought better tactical fighter than Arthur and won), Arthur would be heavily wounded, perhaps to the point that he'd have to flee.

Possible not Probable

and their is a huge difference between the 2

srankmissingnin
so that leaves arthur's superior strength, durability, comparable speed and reflexes, and his not-half bad senses. plus his trident.

Wolverine's healing factor negates a strength advantage, his claws completely bypass Arthur's durability, and his speed and reflexes are superior enough to be notable advantage. I don't anticipate Wolverine having any trouble getting inside the range of the trident, where it's usefulness is severally limited.

srankmissingnin
Possible not Probable

and their is a huge difference between the 2

I think you need to invest in a new probability counter.

-Pr-
*shrugs* Many people ignore he has it. It amped his telepathy to a new level.

he should have it. no reason not to.

Wolverine's healing factor negates a strength advantage, his claws completely bypass Arthur's durability, and his speed and reflexes are superior enough to be notable advantage. I don't anticipate Wolverine having any trouble getting inside the range of the trident, where it's usefulness is severally limited.

are you serious, or just taking the piss?

srankmissingnin
are you serious, or just taking the piss?

Why wouldn't I be serious? cool

Aquaman's only chance at winning this fight is his a mind rape, and Wolverine has a natural resistance in the first place, complete immunity in a b-rage and untested level 9 psi-blockers.

BlackZero30x
I think you need to invest in a new probability counter.

......blame it on my headache or me being stupid but I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that......

Tha C-Master
So you're joking.

-Pr-
Why wouldn't I be serious? cool

because you'd be wrong?

Omega Vision
Standard psychics just aren't limited to that one area, they have complete dominion of the brain... and that includes the basal ganglia. Any physic could do the exact same thing Aquaman does by manipulating the basal ganglia, they just aren't limited to that one area and have a larger bag of tricks. If Wolverine is immune to psychic intrusion, that includes manipulation of the basal ganglia... if it didn't he wouldn't be immune and psychics would just target that one area

Berserker Wolverine was immune to Cassandra Nova as well.
You're thinking about Aquaman's seizure attack all wrong. Its not a mind-blast or anything like that, its more akin to Magneto manipulating the blood in your brain to give you an aneurysm. Feral rage can't compensate for a sudden violent loss of motor control.

srankmissingnin
because you'd be wrong?

About which part?

srankmissingnin
You're thinking about Aquaman's seizure attack all wrong. Its not a mind-blast or anything like that, its more akin to Magneto manipulating the blood in your brain to give you an aneurysm. Feral rage can't compensate for a sudden violent loss of motor control.

It is a derivative of Aquaman's ability to commune with marine life. The trick works by Arthur telepathically communicating with a single isolated part of the brain and telling it what to do. It is the same as any old telepathy just confined to one area and not the entire brain.

BlackZero30x
It is a derivative of Aquaman's ability to commune with marine life. The trick works by Arthur telepathically communicating with a single isolated part of the brain and telling it what to do. It is the same as any old telepathy just confined to one area and not the entire brain.

im certain its been stated that AM does not"command" marine life(although he could) he asks them and they do it out of respect.

srankmissingnin
im certain its been stated that AM does not"command" marine life(although he could) he asks them and they do it out of respect.

And thats what he does to the part of the brain in humans. He exerts his will and compels it to do what he wants.

BlackZero30x
And thats what he does to the part of the brain in humans. He exerts his will and compels it to do what he wants.

that's not even the extent of his TP powers...

I am fairly sure(not 100%) he can read minds as well so i highly doubt his powers are localized to one section of the brain.

I can not prove this for certain but i can describe the instince im speaking of

and maybe get a scan if i search for it

Omega Vision
You're not getting it. Clearly the mind blast that didn't work on Logan didn't work because it interacts on a sort of metaphysical-psionic level rather than a physical one (either that or its bad writing). If the psi blast just owned your neurons then it wouldn't matter how mad you were because a second later you'd be a drooling puppet.

You can be mad as hell, it doesn't matter if a seizure hits since a seizure is effectively an event wherein you lose motor control.

srankmissingnin
You're not getting it. Clearly the mind blast that didn't work on Logan didn't work because it interacts on a sort of metaphysical-psionic level rather than a physical one (either that or its bad writing). If the psi blast just owned your neurons then it wouldn't matter how mad you were because a second later you'd be a drooling puppet.

You can be mad as hell, it doesn't matter if a seizure hits since a seizure is effectively an event wherein you lose motor control.

Cassandra Nova wasn't able to do anything to him in his pure instinct mode either, that's just the way it is. B-Rage makes him immune to telepathic assaults. The seizure wont hit him in the first place, because Aquaman will be unable to control his brain in a b-rage... its that simple.

-Pr-
About which part?

all of it?

honest question: how much aquaman have you actually read?

srankmissingnin
all of it?

honest question: how much aquaman have you actually read?

I don't know 500... 600 appearances? Maybe more. I'm not an Aquaman completest but I read and ass ton of Justice League books which he is in all the time, and I've picked up Aquaman from time to time, if I like the creative team.

You said he has strength and durability edge. I said it didn't matter. Wolverine's healing factor has compensate for damage from stronger people then Aquaman and his claws have carved up more durable characters. You said he had comparable speed and reflexes. I said Wolverine had a notable advantage. I'm right on both those accounts.

-Pr-
I don't know 500... 600 appearances? Maybe more. I'm not an Aquaman completest but I read and ass ton of Justice League books which he is in all the time, and I've picked up Aquaman from time to time, if I like the creative team.

You said he has strength and durability edge. I said it didn't matter. Wolverine's healing factor has compensate for damage from stronger people then Aquaman and his claws have carved up more durable characters. You said he had comparable speed and reflexes. I said Wolverine had a notable advantage. I'm right on both those accounts.

i don't think you are, tbh.

i don't agree that Logan's HF compensates completely for Arthur's strength, and so on.

Stoic
i don't think you are, tbh.

i don't agree that Logan's HF compensates completely for Arthur's strength, and so on.

Well Logans healing factor worked well when he took a beating from Sasquatch, and he was only defending himself and not trying to fight back. Sasquatch was being mind controlled.

-Pr-
Well Logans healing factor worked well when he took a beating from Sasquatch, and he was only defending himself and not trying to fight back. Sasquatch was being mind controlled.

I know how good his HF is.

Black bolt z
W

Omega Vision
Cassandra Nova wasn't able to do anything to him in his pure instinct mode either, that's just the way it is. B-Rage makes him immune to telepathic assaults. The seizure wont hit him in the first place, because Aquaman will be unable to control his brain in a b-rage... its that simple.
Its not about controlling thoughts, its about remotely manipulating the basal ganglia, more like TK than TP.

King Castle
without the stupid uber aquaman mind rape that can effect abstract lvl giant advance alien life forms... AM gets his Sh#$ kicked in repeatedly and regularly.. his grump attitude changes to a docile yes sir tune

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
without the stupid uber aquaman mind rape that can effect abstract lvl giant advance alien life forms... AM gets his Sh#$ kicked in repeatedly and regularly.. his grump attitude changes to a docile yes sir tune
Even without TP this isn't close to an easy fight for Logan.

King Castle
yes, it is. no expression durverine

srankmissingnin
Its not about controlling thoughts, its about remotely manipulating the basal ganglia.

Remote manipulation which is done - you guessed it - telepathically, and Berserker Rage Wolverine is immune to telepathic assaults.

Omega Vision
Remote manipulation which is done - you guessed it - telepathically, and Berserker Rage Wolverine is immune to telepathic assaults.
How exactly? Being really angry doesn't change the fact that he has a basal ganglia.

srankmissingnin
How exactly? Being really angry doesn't change the fact that he has a basal ganglia.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand everything else in his brain that a normal telepathy would mess with is still there as well, they are just blocked form accessing it. What do you think? That his entire brain except for the basal ganglia phase shifts from reality when he goes berserker? Telepathy isn't magic. It is the ability to control, create, alter and read the various electrical impulses of the brain. Do you know what a seizer is? It is misfiring electrical impulses. It's all the same shit. Professor X could do it, Jean Grey could do it, any telepath could do it... knowing the area he target doesn't somehow elevate the feat past what it is.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine resisted Emma's TP in Original Sin one-shot thanks to his psychic scar tissue cool

Is Aquaman better than her?

Parmaniac
Is Aquaman better than her? Of course biscuits

stick out tongue

King Castle
Wolverine resisted Emma's TP in Original Sin one-shot thanks to his psychic scar tissue cool

Is Aquaman better than her? yes, he is. he can communicate directly to the medulla ablongata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZpDnXYIFjo

roll eyes (sarcastic)

seriously it doesnt what part of the brain AM is telepathically tryin to communicate and control if he cant get past the mental scars, booby traps and psi shields and the adamantium dense skull..

seriously though its a targeted directed psi attack or psi bolt big F#$$#'in deal...

YFZ 350
Wolverine wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.