Hellboy vs Gabriel(Legion)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Hellboy is dispatched to the restaurant setting in the movie Legion to exterminate the angels which are wreaking havoc in the area. Upon arrival, he uses big baby to kill of them surrounding the restaurant. As soon as Hellboy thinks the battle is over, Gabriel descends from the sky..mad as hell..and ready to kill Hellboy. Hellboy lights his cigar and is ready to get the party started.

Who wins this fight?

Scenario 1...Hellboy can use Big Baby

Scenario 2...H2H fight.

Rogue Jedi
Gabriel.

Impediment
I dunno.

Hellboy has some serious damage soak.

Rogue Jedi
Gabriel's wings are bulletproof. And remember when Michael impaled himself to kill Gabriel? Michael didn't even flinch. Bulletproof angel who feels no pain and tanks being impaled>>>>>Um......Hellboy.

jinXed by JaNx
Hellboy Stomps.

Rogue Jedi
Bullshit, Gabriel is an angel, he is invulnerable.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Hellboy is a Demon who opens the gate to Armagedon.

And Gabriel in the film was pretty depowered considering what he is.

Kazenji
And also Hellboy deals with people like Gabriel well the group he works for.

jinXed by JaNx

pfft, He didn't look all that invulnerable when he died stick out tongue Gabriel may be an Angel but, Hellboy is the seed of Hell. What does Gabriel have on, Hellboy, other than flight?

Rogue Jedi
We got our angels mixed up. Gabriel was the one who killed Michael by impaling himself. Michael was the star of Legion.

And while in angel form, yes, they are invulnerable.

jinXed by JaNx
Invulnerable, says who? Untill i see an Angel pick up their severed head and stick it back on their neck, you can't tell me their invulnerable. Didn't Gabriel die at the end?

Rogue Jedi
No, Gabriel didn't die. He impaled himself to kill Michael (who was in mortal form after cutting off his wings), and it didn't even faze him. Then Michael was in the diner when it exploded, again, didn't faze him. Then he was on the roof of the car when dude was blasting him, didn't even faze him.

How's Hellboy gonna decap them?

jinXed by JaNx

How's Hellboy gonna decap them?

by turning his head into goo with his big red hand confused laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
by turning his head into goo with his big red hand confused laughing out loud And how's Hellboy gonna get past their bulletproof metallic wings? You know, the ones that are razor sharp?

jinXed by JaNx
And how's Hellboy gonna get past their bulletproof metallic wings? You know, the ones that are razor sharp?

easy, dude, he just wont use guns stick out tongue

I'm sure Hellboy is strong enough to pry those wings open. Actually, he is probably strong enough to rip the wings off. If Micheal was able to cut his wings off with a simple knife, i'm sure the hand of doom can tear those bird wings off.

Rogue Jedi
easy, dude, he just wont use guns stick out tongue

I'm sure Hellboy is strong enough to pry those wings open. Actually, he is probably strong enough to rip the wings off. If Micheal was able to cut his wings off with a simple knife, i'm sure the hand of doom can tear those bird wings off.

Sure.....And as he is "prying" those wings open, Gabriel is just gonna sit there for the lulz, yeah? No. He has that big ass melee weapon with spiks and blades, dude. If Hellboy gets that close, it's all over. Hellboy bleeds, he can be killed.

jinXed by JaNx
Sure.....And as he is "prying" those wings open, Gabriel is just gonna sit there for the lulz, yeah? No. He has that big ass melee weapon with spiks and blades, dude. If Hellboy gets that close, it's all over. Hellboy bleeds, he can be killed.

oooooo a big weapon with, Spikes, yeah, Hellboy hasn't seen anything like that before laughing out loud stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
oooooo a big weapon with, Spikes, yeah, Hellboy hasn't seen anything like that before laughing out loud stick out tongue Wielded by someone of Gabriel's power? No, he hasn't.

First time Gabriel's wingtips connect with Hellboy, it's over.

Robtard
Hellboy's been impaled in the heart-area with a magical spear, had a tip of it left in him and he still didn't die. So what the **** are a few slashes from some sharp wings and a spikey-ball going to do?

Hand of Doom > anything Gabriel has. Though it'd be a good fight.

Rogue Jedi
The elven spear of Nuada was just a stab wound, dude, and every time Gabe tried to remove it it inched closer to his heart.

Let's see, Hellboy stabbed in the chest and he passes out......Gabriel ran through with a larger blade and not even flinching.....Yeah, damage soak Gabriel.

Here:

IJnZw1qwaGk&feature=PlayList&p=0B0A7735E33C8300&playnext=1&index=6

A few things to note:

Gabriel lands outside the diner, the door is smashed to splinters, and he emerges from a blinding white light. Seems to me that eh can temporarily blind Hellboy, then rush in for the kill.

Quaid opens up on him at point blank range with full auto fire, Gabriel spins, blocking it all with his wings, then knocks Quaid clear across the room.

Michael engages Gabriel, opens up with full auto fire, and again, Gabriel tanks it with his wings and dodges some of it.

They fight for a while, until Gabriel cuts Michael with his wingtip.

Michael gets Gabe in a headlock, Gabriel grabs his weapon, activates the blade, and stabs himself in the chest, stabbing Michael in the process.

Quaid blows up the diner. Gabriel tanks the blast and takes off after the mechanic and the chick.

Whne Gabriel catches them, he is shot several times by the mechanic, he tanks the shots.

Just saying.

BTW, There's no need to post any Hellboy vids, I know the movies inside and out, front to back.

The Nuul
Hellboy in both.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Screen feats be damned, yeah!!!! haermm

Impediment
Still going with Hellboy. His damage soak is more impressive, not to mention the Hand of Doom.

Rogue Jedi
Again:

Hellboy passed out from being stabbed in the chest.

Gabriel ran himself through with a bigger blade and didn't even flinch. Not to mention tanking long bursts of machine gun fire.

Still think Hellboy has more damage soak? You're pretty much ignoring screen feats if you do.

Answer me this: If I were standing in front of Hellboy and rammed a big ass blade straight through his chest, all the way through, what happens?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Hellboy is dispatched to the restaurant setting in the movie Legion to exterminate the angels which are wreaking havoc in the area. Upon arrival, he uses big baby to kill of them surrounding the restaurant. As soon as Hellboy thinks the battle is over, Gabriel descends from the sky..mad as hell..and ready to kill Hellboy. Hellboy lights his cigar and is ready to get the party started.

Who wins this fight?

Scenario 1...Hellboy can use Big Baby

Scenario 2...H2H fight.

Coupla things:

There were no "angels" at the diner, only Gabriel at the end. Michael had some residual angelic power (strength, agility, fighting skill), but he was no longer an angel.

The people you speak of are the civilians who were possessed by angels.

On that note, Gabriel possesses the people in the diner and all 7 of them open up on Hellboy with assault rifles (the rifles that Michael supplied them with.) Yeah, they are just humans, but all seven of them, armed with assault rifles (with grenade launchers attached), are gonna cut Hellboy down. And if they fail to do so, Gabriel rushes in and smashes Hellboys head in with his melee club.

And yes, Gabriels ability to possess humans IS a weapon here.

/thread.

The Nuul
More members cheering for Hellboy and once again only RJ on the other side.

Poor RJ....

Hellboy wins.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Nuul
More members cheering for Hellboy and once again only RJ on the other side.

Poor RJ....

Hellboy wins.

Read 'em and weep.

Gabriel possesses the people in the diner and all 7 of them open up on Hellboy with assault rifles (the rifles that Michael supplied them with.) Yeah, they are just humans, but all seven of them, armed with assault rifles (with grenade launchers attached), are gonna cut Hellboy down. And if they fail to do so, Gabriel rushes in and smashes Hellboys head in with his melee club.

/thread.

So, your quote, revised:

Originally posted by The Nuul
More members cheering for Hellboy and once again RJ on the other side, using screen feats and facts to win.

You go, RJ....

And this:

Hellboy passed out from being stabbed in the chest.

Gabriel ran himself through with a bigger blade and didn't even flinch. Not to mention tanking long bursts of machine gun fire.

Still think Hellboy has more damage soak? You're pretty much ignoring screen feats if you do.

Answer me this: If I were standing in front of Hellboy and rammed a big ass blade straight through his chest, all the way through, what happens?

Gabriel wins.

Robtard
Hellboy + Hand of Doom = Angel-wings ripped off. Then it's smashy smashy on a mortal.

Gabriel had trouble with one ex-Angel, he's all smoke and mirrors, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Hellboy + Hand of Doom = Angel-wings ripped off. Then it's smashy smashy on a mortal.

Gabriel had trouble with one ex-Angel, he's all smoke and mirrors, dude.

Michael is THE angel, dude, thousands of years as an angel, battle training, that wasn't taken from him. Look at how Michael was flipping around like a damn ninja, you think an average mortal man can do that?

And again, this:

Not to mention this:

On that note, Gabriel possesses the people in the diner and all 7 of them open up on Hellboy with assault rifles (the rifles that Michael supplied them with.) Yeah, they are just humans, but all seven of them, armed with assault rifles (with grenade launchers attached), are gonna cut Hellboy down. And if they fail to do so, Gabriel rushes in and smashes Hellboys head in with his melee club.

/thread.

See, you're going with who you want to win, the cooler,more likable character. Stop that, you know better.

Tattoos N Scars
Coupla things:

There were no "angels" at the diner, only Gabriel at the end. Michael had some residual angelic power (strength, agility, fighting skill), but he was no longer an angel.

I'm aware the people were possessed..and that no longer made them human..per se. They were angels. No human can climb walls like that. Angels whether in a human body or their true form..are still angels.

In the last Exorcist movie, the man who was possessed was more demon than anyting..hence, no longer a man.

/thread.

Tattoos N Scars
Coupla things:

/thread.

I accidently posted my response inside of your quote.

marwash22
Seriously?

Angel > Demon... always!

Gabriel rapes.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by marwash22
Seriously?

Angel > Demon... always!

Gabriel rapes.

Not necissarily, demons are fallen angels. Lucifer would be more powerful than most angels. Hell, that was even seen in the movie Prophecy when he killed Gabriel.

marwash22
Not necissarily, demons are fallen angels. Lucifer would be more powerful than most angels. Hell, that was even seen in the movie Prophecy when he killed Gabriel. Uh, no. Demons are not fallen angels. Lucifer is an angel, therefore...

Angel > Demon... still true in your example of Lucifer killing Gabriel, except...

Uber Angel (Lucifer) > Angel (Gabriel)

Robtard
Michael is THE angel, dude, thousands of years as an angel, battle training, that wasn't taken from him. Look at how Michael was flipping around like a damn ninja, you think an average mortal man can do that?

Google "street ninjas" or "David Belle", yes, "mortals" can flip about like ninjas.

Check and mate.

Robtard
Uh, no. Demons are not fallen angels. Lucifer is an angel, therefore...

That's really in contention, using bible verse, it can be or it can not be. Really comes down to human interpretation, though I believe it sways heavily to demons = the angels that sided with Lucifer and fell with him.

Though this is irrelevant to the thread. Call Gabrial a pirate and call Hellboy a ninja, still goes by what they'll done on screen.

marwash22
it's also irrelevant to this conversation because the Lucifer that was used in TNS's statement (The Prophecy), was indeed a fallen angel, not a demon.

Tattoos N Scars
it's also irrelevant to this conversation because the Lucifer that was used in TNS's statement (The Prophecy), was indeed a fallen angel, not a demon.

Ok..what is the difference between a fallen angel and a demon?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Google "street ninjas" or "David Belle", yes, "mortals" can flip about like ninjas.

Check and mate.

No, THIS is check and mate:

/thread.

Pay attention.

Impediment
Next person who re-quotes themselves will get a warning for trolling.

Find a new argument.

Rogue Jedi
Well what are we supposed to do when the facts we present are being ignored?

This is trolling:

Check and mate.

The argument is done, I have proven Gabriel wins with his powers/abilities. wink

Impediment
Well what are we supposed to do when the facts we present are being ignored?

This is trolling:

Check and mate.

The argument is done, I have proven Gabriel wins with his powers/abilities. wink

You have proven nothing.

I won't repeat myself.

Quit repeating the same argument.

If the opposing party won't debate, then leave it alone.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
You have proven nothing.

I won't repeat myself.

Quit repeating the same argument.

If the opposing party won't debate, then leave it alone.

I have proven nothing?

OK, I am gonna try again. If 7 people are firing on Hellboy with assault rifles and grenade launchers, does he go down?

Tattoos N Scars
I have proven nothing?

OK, I am gonna try again. If 7 people are firing on Hellboy with assault rifles and grenade launchers, does he go down?

When Hellboy was swallowed by that creature at the end of the first film, Hellboy destroyed it with several grenades...from the inside-out. That explosion did not harm Hellboy.

Anyways, I'm sure he has an accelerated healing factor..like he does in the comics. He'd have to have it to survive what he faces.

Rogue Jedi
When Hellboy was swallowed by that creature at the end of the first film, Hellboy destroyed it with several grenades...from the inside-out. That explosion did not harm Hellboy.

Anyways, I'm sure he has an accelerated healing factor..like he does in the comics. He'd have to have it to survive what he faces. Speculation. Buncha hot penetrating lead coming at him from 7 different angles, plus Gabriel? Come on.

omgchos
I never saw Legion(tho i will at some point), but it seems to me that Hellboy is like spiderman. All his on screen feats contradict each other. I mean he gets stabbed a few times, which means his skin is penetrable. Yet hes inside a monsters stomach when a bunch on 'nades go off and survives it. That may just mean his body can take concussive force as well as being fire resistant. But u gotta think that at least some shrapnel came off those nades. Tho the mere fact that he has indeed had his skin penetrated on more than one occasion gives credence to RJ's point about the bullets. Which means that unless he could take out all 7 of them. Then take out Gabriel before they got more than 1 or 2 shots off. Also before gabriel comes in with that spiked mace i saw in the commercials, hes going down.

Rogue Jedi
Hellboy was cut by a piece of debris a bystander threw at his face. Yeah, he can be hurt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.