At The Mountains of Madness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
Possibly directed by Guillermo del Toro and produced by James Cameron.

Touted to be in 3d and potentially have a massive budget.

Something definitely worth getting excited about as this has been a labour or love for Del Toro for about 5 years and something he has been chomping at the bit to do. The problem, until now, is that no studio wanted to fund it as the film would be potentially quite longer than an average film and have neither a happy ending or a love story.

MildPossession
Search next time. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390702&highlight=mountains+of+madness+forumid%3A58

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=518081&highlight=mountains+of+madness+forumid%3A58

jaden101
No thank you.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
Search next time.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390702&highlight=mountains+of+madness+forumid%3A58

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=518081&highlight=mountains+of+madness+forumid%3A58 no expression

Robtard
Love H.P. Lovecraft and the director is just the director to get the looks of the creatures and the feel of the novel right. So I got a boner over this. (<--- pm for pictures)

Be awesome if they work Metallica's 'The Thing That Should Not Be' and "Call of Ktulu" into the intro and/or credits.

Deano
i would cream my pants if they made this

the short story by lovecraft is fantastic.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Deano
i would cream my pants if they made this

the short story by lovecraft is fantastic.

My God I was thinking about what I was gonna write and you did it for me laughing out loud

Guillermo is perfect for this job...maybe if Steve Jackson was there too.

I can't wait for this.

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by jaden101
Possibly directed by Guillermo del Toro and produced by James Cameron.

Touted to be in 3d and potentially have a massive budget.

Something definitely worth getting excited about as this has been a labour or love for Del Toro for about 5 years and something he has been chomping at the bit to do. The problem, until now, is that no studio wanted to fund it as the film would be potentially quite longer than an average film and have neither a happy ending or a love story.

No THANK YOU! Guillermo Del Toro is a quitter. And he should not be touching Lovecraft works. Much less if that jerk of James Cameron (Yes, I call him a jerk, not because I know him personally but by popular opinion) is running the show.

He said the same thing about his life dream to work on the Hobbit and drops like spoil brat after losing a checkers game. Ole Toro! Ole!!!!

the ninjak
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
No THANK YOU! Guillermo Del Toro is a quitter. And he should not be touching Lovecraft works. Much less if that jerk of James Cameron (Yes, I call him a jerk, not because I know him personally but by popular opinion) is running the show.

He said the same thing about his life dream to work on the Hobbit and drops like spoil brat after losing a checkers game. Ole Toro! Ole!!!!

Peter would be bored to death of the LOTRs franchise. A Lovecraftian film must be a dream to make for him.

MildPossession
Del Toro is perfect for Lovecraft.

jaden101

So he's a quitter because he got fed up of the legal wranglings going on behind the scenes in relation to the Hobbit?

The man wants to direct it but circumstances are preventing him from doing it so he moved on to another project instead. Hardly quiting.

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by jaden101
So he's a quitter because he got fed up of the legal wranglings going on behind the scenes in relation to the Hobbit?

The man wants to direct it but circumstances are preventing him from doing it so he moved on to another project instead. Hardly quiting.

Yes, he is a quitter and he's not first nor will be the last director that have to deal with legal matters in film projects. There are others *cough* Orson Welles *cough* that dealt with challenges and stuck to their guns and didn't quit.

Del Toro is a quitter, ugly, fat, and other stuff.....so I ain't stroking his cock.

the ninjak
Middle Earth is done and old news.

Lovecraft is an honour.

Del Toro would love nothing more than to make this film.

MildPossession
Oh he left one film, BIG DEAL. And why did you have to bring ugly and fat into it?? Insulting a film maker just because he left a film is just stupid.

Blinky
The coolest thing about this is that we have an idea of how Del Toro might represent one of the Elder Things, since he put one into "Hell Boy 2". It was only on screen for like a second, but It looked somewhat accurate to me.

Robtard
Oh he left one film, BIG DEAL. And why did you have to bring ugly and fat into it?? Insulting a film maker just because he left a film is just stupid.

I doubt there's a single big name director out there that hasn't walked away from a project at least once in their career.

Kazenji
This guy is starting to be another Mr Parker.....

MildPossession
The film isn't happening, officially confirmed by the man himself, Del Toro.

Deano
There hasn't been any good Lovecraft adaptations i can think of. Nothing that worthy anyway.

Re-animator was very good but never captured the creepiness of Lovecrafts work.

For those who like to read and have never read any of his work...

What are you waiting for big grin
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Necronomicon-Weird-Fiction-Lovecraft-Gollancz/dp/0575081562/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299604764&sr=8-1

T.M
The film isn't happening, officially confirmed by the man himself, Del Toro.

I so hope thats not true.

MildPossession
I said it's officially confirmed...

T.M
I know...

Can still hope, Del Toro's plans do seem to change every week.

the ninjak
Dagon was good.

T.M
The hope has gone.

Legendary pictures have confirmed that Del Toro is going to start filming Pacific Rim later this year.

full story at empire

Deano
i think i will summon cthulhu on del toro's ass

Esau Cairn
Yes, he is a quitter and he's not first nor will be the last director that have to deal with legal matters in film projects. There are others *cough* Orson Welles *cough* that dealt with challenges and stuck to their guns and didn't quit.

Del Toro is a quitter, ugly, fat, and other stuff.....so I ain't stroking his cock.

So Orson Welles is the last known director to have hassles in Hollywood.

riiiight okaaay.

Originally Sony & MGM agreed to finance both Hobbit movies.
That's millions & millions & millions of dollars worth of investment that any director, no matter how much of a dream project it is to them...would still have trouble coming up with that amount of cash or backing investment.

MGM collapses losing half the financial backing both Hobbit movies need. Other studios are interested but can't invest the money needed.

Ultimately Del Toro can't afford to finance both movies to the standard he wants.

Where exactly could Del Toro have stuck to his guns & not quit?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So Orson Welles is the last known director to have hassles in Hollywood.

riiiight okaaay.

Originally Sony & MGM agreed to finance both Hobbit movies.
That's millions & millions & millions of dollars worth of investment that any director, no matter how much of a dream project it is to them...would still have trouble coming up with that amount of cash or backing investment.

MGM collapses losing half the financial backing both Hobbit movies need. Other studios are interested but can't invest the money needed.

Ultimately Del Toro can't afford to finance both movies to the standard he wants.

Another one you can add is James Cameron would've had Terminator 3 from him years ago he wanted a certain budget for it but the studio would've let him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.