Thanos; wearing the Asgardian Destroyer vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos has acquired the Asgardian Destroyer and has launched a full scale attack on Olympus while Zeus is away on Earth fornicating with mortals...

Sensing extreme danger on his home plane, Zeus arrives to find Olympus in ruins; Ares...dead...every bone in his body broken. Hercules...battered, bruised, on the brink of death. Pluto...annihilated with the disintegrator beam. Everywhere Zeus looks, all he sees is battered and dead Olympians among the rubble of blacken, burned, marble...except one place.

Standing silently on the top of Mount Olympus is the Asgardian Destroyer...as it turns towards Zeus' face; streaked with tears of grief and outrage, it speaks:

"The time of the Olympians has ended, as I Thanos, have hastened their entry to the realm of death...take it all in Zeus, for the ruins of your dead realm shall be the last sight you ever see..."

With that, Thanos lowers the visor and prepares to unleash the power of total disintegration...

What do you think will happen next?

As you might expect, if Zues survives Thanos's intitial attack, he will counter with every ounce of his godly power combined with a savage relentlessness such as he has never before displayed...

Who wins this? smile

Colossus-Big C
thanos wins this.
no skyfather can damage the desroyer
although it is stated zeus is more powerful than all the olympions combined.
and the asgardian norns are zeus children.(ohotmu)
zeus has can see into the future, so without PIS he should have prepared for this

TheLordofMurder
For the sake of the senario, lets assume that Thanos has somehow prevented Zues from seeing this; maybe he used the Reality Gem...or maybe some super science...

TheLordofMurder
As a side note...

The more I think about it, Zeus might possess some limited ability to see into the future (he's not omniscent afterall), but on the other hand I have seen him surprised on several occassions...so its very possible that he didnt know about this without a plot device or PIS involved.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
As a side note...

The more I think about it, Zeus might possess some limited ability to see into the future (he's not omniscent afterall), but on the other hand I have seen him surprised on several occassions...so its very possible that he didnt know about this without a plot device or PIS involved.
i dont think its PIS though
zeus knew of the olympus Vs asgard war thousands of years before it happened, so i think he has limited ability like you said
he also knew that the asgardian ragnarok cycle would happen. in that same issue when he was fighting thor for months

but anyways, i dont think any skyfather can damage the destroyer.

dmills
Yeah. I may have to go with Thanos in this one. He's probably already sub-skyfather level without the armor. With it he'd be unstoppable.

Black bolt z
Thanos easy.With the armor he probably would have beat odin.

Colossus-Big C
with the armor he would beat odin easy too

Rage.Of.Olympus
So this is basically Thanos' spirit inside the Destroyer? No outside amps or anything of the sort? If Zeus possesses even half the power of the Odin Force, he should take this without too much fuss.

Odin would destroy this Thanos. The Destroyer might give Thanos a slight durability and a versatility upgrade, but that's about it.

The strength of the Destroyer seems to only get a significant boost when there's more than one spirit or a very large amount of energy is placed into it. It's weird like that.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So this is basically Thanos' spirit inside the Destroyer? No outside amps or anything of the sort? If Zeus possesses even half the power of the Odin Force, he should take this without too much fuss.

Odin would destroy this Thanos. The Destroyer might give Thanos a slight durability and a versatility upgrade, but that's about it.

The strength of the Destroyer seems to only get a significant boost when there's more than one spirit or a very large amount of energy is placed into it. It's weird like that. What?Its thanos in the suit.It gets powered the same way anyone else in the suit would.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What?Its thanos in the suit.It gets powered the same way anyone else in the suit would. The armor just acts as armor nothing else which would give thanos a boost in durability. Zeus is a lat Odin level or a notch below and we have yet to see Thanos too put him in the skyfather league.

Anyway if Thanos is wearing the armour Zeus can just animate the destory or someone else.

If thanos is the one animating the Destroyer Zeus can just cast him out as Oduibn has done to Others.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What?Its thanos in the suit.It gets powered the same way anyone else in the suit would.

Exactly. Thanos empowering the armor would be no different than a random person from what I can gather. He'd be basically just as strong, while being harder to actually injure more than likely. He'd probably be more versatile as well if he knows what the Destroyer is capable off. When Thor was in it, it was like reading a Silver Surfer comic. Nothing someone supposedly on par with Odin couldn't handle.

Colossus-Big C
oh yea i change my mind
zeus knows more about the armor than thanos and even had a fraction of his power in it when it faced celestials
they also used most of zeus power to revive the asgardians since odin and zeus are the most powerful skyfathers

Colossus-Big C
and zeus is fullt on par with the odin force

if any one ever read the classic thor comic were olympus and asgard went to war (caused by loki)

while the war was going on for ages
both odin and zeus were in silence away from the battle just watching each other and they saw at even terms and after the battle they wiped the memory of everyone

odin also went to olympus to have zeus go to battle on his side to lay waste to the eternals/inhumans and if it wasnt for odin stopping zeus from killing the eternals thanos would of never been born

tkitna
Thanos faired pretty damn well without the armor against Odin. With the armor, Zeus falls in my opinion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
and zeus is fullt on par with the odin force

if any one ever read the classic thor comic were olympus and asgard went to war (caused by loki)

while the war was going on for ages
both odin and zeus were in silence away from the battle just watching each other and they saw at even terms and after the battle they wiped the memory of everyone

odin also went to olympus to have zeus go to battle on his side to lay waste to the eternals/inhumans and if it wasnt for odin stopping zeus from killing the eternals thanos would of never been born

If you say so.

If that scene is similar to what I recall, your just confusing a showing of respect and standing for power. Again.

Odin and Zeus are allies. Odin approached them so as to combine his might with that of Olympus to destroy those who he believed threatened Midgard. Olympia.

Writers do seem to want to play Odin and Zeus as equals, in standing if not power. I'm fine with that, it's just, Zeus needs to be explored more.

A high end Odin seem to transcend the boundaries of what I consider typical Skyfather's. But that's just me.

DarkOdin
If you say so.

If that scene is similar to what I recall, your just confusing a showing of respect and standing for power. Again.

Odin and Zeus are allies. Odin approached them so as to combine his might with that of Olympus to destroy those who he believed threatened Midgard. Olympia.

Writers do seem to want to play Odin and Zeus as equals, in standing if not power. I'm fine with that, it's just, Zeus needs to be explored more.

A high end Odin seem to transcend the boundaries of what I consider typical Skyfather's. But that's just me. True i think the problems is now that we seen more Zeus in the past 2 years then his whole time in marvel however it seems that marvel wants to sideline the big boys for a while "Zeus and Odin" i hope when either or comes back it will be impressive

Colossus-Big C

but when it came time to fight, zeus had to solo because odin was fighting thor

A high end Odin seem to transcend the boundaries of what I consider typical Skyfather's. But that's just me. not really
surtur and seth are skyfather level and they can bust galaxys

Rage.Of.Olympus
but when it came time to fight, zeus had to solo because odin was fighting thor

Solo? As I recall, he and Zuras stalemated.

not really
surtur and seth are skyfather level and they can bust galaxys

Notice how both Seth and Surtur are Thor/Odin related villains. That being said, I'm probably more impressed by scenes where the Odin Force is treated like a Cosmic Cube lite, warping reality, creating an entire dimension and a mini Universes, fixing damage wrought across the Universe (Not %100 sure about this one.), or granting the desires of the wielder with a thought than Odin busting Galaxies. That is still impressive however. To be fair, both Surtur and Ymir apparently have the power to do this. They have been called the oldest elementals out there. In Ragnarok, Ymir was portrayed as a Cosmic Giant.

Man, I miss high end Odin. Some people however dislike the fact that mere Earth Gods can wield power on this level.

Colossus-Big C
Solo? As I recall, he and Zuras stalemated.
he one shotted all the eternals and then zuras stated "i am prime eternal i wont go down as easy as the otherse"
they they blast once at each other for only one panel
you clearly see zuras being blasted in the air

Man, I miss high end Odin. Some people however dislike the fact that mere Earth Gods can wield power on this level. yea they dont like the idea of earth gods doing cosmic feats

also have you seen this?
thor compares odins and zeus power to a cosmic cube

and confirms that the destroyer armor can kill galactus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg

TheLordofMurder
A couple of thoughts:

IMHO, its throws the "cosmic balance" off if you have Skyfathers (Earth-level Gods) busting galaxy's...

You have Elder Gods, Cosmic Cubes, then (seemingly) several levels of true cosmic level beings above Skyfather...if you have Skyfathers busting galaxies and Cube Beings warping entire resisting universes, then that makes the Abstracts, Celestials (who were described by a Cube Being as being "several orders of magnitude" greater than itself), and the other Universal forces unrealistically powerful...

I actually liked how the Odin Force was toned down when "King Thor" possessed it; being able to perform major Earth-level feats (like reconstructing Earth's Moon) seems fitting of an Earth-level God IMHO...

As concerns the AD...

It was always my impression that the Destroyer had a base level of power that it operated on when animated by an ordinary soul...

However, I also thought that the Destroyers power grew in direct proportion to the "soul strength" inside it at a given time; ie...with a strong soul inside it, it would be more powerful than at "ordinary soul" power levels. With several weak souls inside of it, it should also be at greater than "ordinary soul" power levels as well...

Now even though I dont have any proof to support this, I believe Thanos possess's a powerful soul (I believe "soul strength" is equal to a beings will power). Thus I really do believe that the Asgardian Destroyer animated by Thanos would be operating at a level much greater than "ordinary soul" power levels...

Maybe not enough to cause the armor to grow, but enough to make it significantly more powerful than it would be normally...

As a result, I also am of the opinion that Thanos has a very real chance to beat Zeus here. Assumming that Thanos has his body well hidden, how the heck is Zeus going to harm it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Earth repairing feat was basically Thor's first act with the Odin Force. About 2 issues later, the Odin Force came to Thor, and had this conversation with him:

This interaction is what makes me believe that the King Thor we see during Reigning is a fair bit more powerful -or at least formidable- than the one seen in current -at that time- Marvel. Experience is important.

he one shotted all the eternals and then zuras stated "i am prime eternal i wont go down as easy as the otherse"
they they blast once at each other for only one panel
you clearly see zuras being blasted in the air

Not all the Eternals. He basically blew away the Eternals surrounding Zuras -who was weakened from the strain of the Uni-Mind and had just regained his strength- and the two traded energy attacks evenly to no affect. That was basically the extent of Zeus' involvement that I recall.

yea they dont like the idea of earth gods doing cosmic feats

also have you seen this?
thor compares odins and zeus power to a cosmic cube

and confirms that the destroyer armor can kill galactus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg

Yea, I saw this already. I'd actually absolutely love this scan if it didn't have Thor spouting nonsense about his Galactus encounter.

TheLordofMurder
What are your thoughts on "soul strength" as pertains the AD Rage?

I edited my above post btw...I dont know it you saw the changes yet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I've seen, the power of the Destroyer doesn't actually take any jumps up the food chain unless vast amounts of energy is placed inside of it or more than one soul is operating it.

For example, I saw no difference in power between Sif/Balder empowering the Destroyer and an ordinary person. However, when an incredibly powerful being like the Designate -Skyfather level- was operating it, the Destroyer apparently did get somewhat more powerful but the increase in power was still minimal. When not pulling his punches, he was able to match it like usual.

If you place the life force of the Asgardians -basically full power Odin from what I can gather- in it plus some more lent energy, the Destroyer get's vastly more powerful.

If you place two different souls in the Destroyer, it does for some reason get a significant boost in power. Blake and Garm operated Destroyer probably had the best showing ever against Thor.

The last bit doesn't really make sense but whatever, it's magic! Or maybe it's just inconsistancy.

When Thor entered the Destroyer, he was a beast. Just his sheer formidability in combat.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, I definitely believe that you have to factor writing inconsistency into the equation, but I believe its supposed to operate on the basis of soul strength/power level...

That would make the most sense as to how the Destroyer works imo...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DarkOdin
The armor just acts as armor nothing else which would give thanos a boost in durability. Zeus is a lat Odin level or a notch below and we have yet to see Thanos too put him in the skyfather league.

Anyway if Thanos is wearing the armour Zeus can just animate the destory or someone else.

If thanos is the one animating the Destroyer Zeus can just cast him out as Oduibn has done to Others.

pretty much

Colossus-Big C
The Earth repairing feat was basically Thor's first act with the Odin Force. About 2 issues later, the Odin Force came to Thor, and had this conversation with him:

This interaction is what makes me believe that the King Thor we see during Reigning is a fair bit more powerful -or at least formidable- than the one seen in current -at that time- Marvel. Experience is important.

Not all the Eternals. He basically blew away the Eternals surrounding Zuras -who was weakened from the strain of the Uni-Mind and had just regained his strength- and the two traded energy attacks evenly to no affect. That was basically the extent of Zeus' involvement that I recall.

Yea, I saw this already. I'd actually absolutely love this scan if it didn't have Thor spouting nonsense about his Galactus encounter. what nonsence?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
A couple of thoughts:

IMHO, its throws the "cosmic balance" off if you have Skyfathers (Earth-level Gods) busting galaxy's...

You have Elder Gods, Cosmic Cubes, then (seemingly) several levels of true cosmic level beings above Skyfather...if you have Skyfathers busting galaxies and Cube Beings warping entire resisting universes, then that makes the Abstracts, Celestials (who were described by a Cube Being as being "several orders of magnitude" greater than itself), and the other Universal forces unrealistically powerful...

I actually liked how the Odin Force was toned down when "King Thor" possessed it; being able to perform major Earth-level feats (like reconstructing Earth's Moon) seems fitting of an Earth-level God IMHO...

but heralds can bust planets, and in some cases can destroy solar systems
and skyfathers are above them

also abstracts and celestials can effect things on a multiversal(multiple universes) scale
which is much greater than a universe so its not really unrealistic power

Colossus-Big C

wasnt the uni mind seperated when zeus blasted it?
also it looks like zuras is in the air blasted off his feat here
infact in the next scan he is seen being held up by some other eternals.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118884-thor_291_16_super.jpg

if that fight would of contiunued , zuras would of gone down in a couple of panels

Colossus-Big C
also heres a fraction of zeus power one shotting herald level guys

the guy in red is grendell who in his first fight with thor he broke both of thors arm and almost killed him and hela saved thor

http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5275/e1c2e352743718.gif

http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5275/1e6bf952744076.gif

http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5275/6c367752744988.gif

http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5275/0d52be52744990.gifhttp://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/5275/c1080752744991.gif

Black bolt z
Originally posted by tkitna
Thanos faired pretty damn well without the armor against Odin. With the armor, Zeus falls in my opinion. This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.