Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
An all new series

Trailer- http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=382116

looks good and i'm okay with the art style.

majid86
Looks good, hope Quicksilver is in it

jinXed by JaNx
The art looks god awful. This might have looked interesting had they bothered to get good artists. That blocky style worked for, Batman; The animated series but i've yet to see anyone make that style work since and whats up with their faces? They look atrocious.

roughrider
Looks Bruce Timm-like. Justice League was a great looking series; now it's time for the Avengers to get their due.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The art looks god awful. This might have looked interesting had they bothered to get good artists.

Looks better then other shit thats out at the moment.

Stall_19
Anyone watching the prequel series?

Stall_19
So who watched it and what do you think?

Kazenji
I've watched some of the mini episodes at Marvel.

Stall_19
The micro episodes were pretty neat. The two part series premier air today. I's already better than the other one but that's not hard to achieve. I like the characterization of the Hulk. He's more intelligent than he's portrayed in the old Hulk cartoon as well as the movies. The fight with Graviton was awesome. I also like how all the cards aren't on the table yet, meaning Cap still isn't apart of the team yet, in fact only the original 5 in the series is the same in the comics. We also still don't know who freed all the villains. They do have plenty of villains to work with. So many recognizable villains, more than I can count off-hand

Can't wait until next Wednesday!

celeyhyga17
Holy Shiet is all I can say in the fight against Graviton!!! They did not pull any punches on that one...

BruceSkywalker
watched this last night.. damn fine good this is.. can't wait until next week

CosmicComet
Didn't watch the first episode, but I watched the various 8 minute snippet previews.

All I can say is that this cartoon's Thor is already a lot more powerful/durable than JLU Superman. He caught a sword swing from a Frost giant with his bare palms, easily. No bleeding whatsoever. And then later he more or less tanked three frost giants repeatedly slashing him with a sword, slamming a pick axe into him, and crushing him with a mace.

Twas AWESOME.

Once you see the action, you won't think that anymore. The first impression might be to think it's a tad wacky looking, but it is anything but that.

chomperx9
Tony Starks voice is gay

CosmicComet
^First thing I said.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by chomperx9
Tony Starks voice is gay

lol yeah... it seems like they tried to get someone that sorta sounds like Robert Downey Jr. Same thing with Pepper Potts. her voice actor is trying to copy Gwyneth Paltrow... meh.....

chomperx9
didnt like the lines of the characters as well. like graviton showing off to much saying i control the universe im the most powerful. Everyone was drawing to much attention to themselves with the lines.

I like the lines in the justice league series for example had some humor and sounded more mature and serious.

But we can all blame disney for the childish lines and voices

CosmicComet
Things might improve. This is just the first episode.

Hell, the dialogue from the previews of the future episodes (the micro-episodes) sounded much better and on par with JL.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Things might improve. This is just the first episode.

Hell, the dialogue from the previews of the future episodes (the micro-episodes) sounded much better and on par with JL.

yeah... the first 2 seasons of JLA were bleh.... they had a lot of cheesy lines and stories. it wasn't till it became Justice League Unlimited when it really got good. i'm confident this show will get better as it goes on...

KingD19
didnt like the lines of the characters as well. like graviton showing off to much saying i control the universe im the most powerful.

Well, you do realize that that's exactly how Graviton acted and sounded in the comics right?

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, you do realize that that's exactly how Graviton acted and sounded in the comics right? right but writers and creators today try to make things more mature and stuff. for example you dont see superman saying im the man of steel and the strongest superhero on earth anymore like the characters did years back golden age times.

i like the character lines from justice league and wolverine and the x-men for example.

Bentley
How many previews were there in total? 20?

Stall_19
Yep 20

CosmicComet
Watched the Graviton episode.

**** this shit. Every damn villain jobs to Hulk, no matter how far above they are over his one-dimensional abilities. They all seem to get infected with MASSIVE CIS whenever the big green retard shows up.

chomperx9

**** this shit. Every damn villain jobs to Hulk, no matter how far above they are over his one-dimensional abilities. They all seem to get infected with MASSIVE CIS whenever the big green retard shows up. Hulk is strongest there is

Stall_19

**** this shit. Every damn villain jobs to Hulk, no matter how far above they are over his one-dimensional abilities. They all seem to get infected with MASSIVE CIS whenever the big green retard shows up.

Graviton didn't job to the Hulk. It took a team effort to take him down.

Hell, in the micro episodes Hawkeye and the Black Widow took the Hulk down. So I don't see what the problem is.

CosmicComet
Graviton didn't lose to Hulk alone, but Hulk still made him look like shit.

He came in with his jobber aura turned on to normal Pak levels and Graviton's powers are suddenly absolutely useless against him. He can pin down Thor, Pym, Stark with his gravity with ease, but Hulk overcame it.

Thor was looking more impressive in the previews yeah, beating down three class 100 Frost Giants and showing great durability. From that I got my hopes up that Thor would be portrayed at his proper levels relative to Hulk, but this just made me realize it was another one of Hulk's showings where he fights to his competition's level.
HULK IS TEH STRONGUST 1 THAR IZ

I ****ing give up. Just **** it.

chomperx9
The part where thor got owned at the bottom of the ocean suprised me kinda

Badabing

**** this shit. Every damn villain jobs to Hulk, no matter how far above they are over his one-dimensional abilities. They all seem to get infected with MASSIVE CIS whenever the big green retard shows up. Originally posted by CosmicComet
Graviton didn't lose to Hulk alone, but Hulk still made him look like shit.

He came in with his jobber aura turned on to normal Pak levels and Graviton's powers are suddenly absolutely useless against him. He can pin down Thor, Pym, Stark with his gravity with ease, but Hulk overcame it.

Thor was looking more impressive in the previews yeah, beating down three class 100 Frost Giants and showing great durability. From that I got my hopes up that Thor would be portrayed at his proper levels relative to Hulk, but this just made me realize it was another one of Hulk's showings where he fights to his competition's level.
HULK IS TEH STRONGUST 1 THAR IZ

I ****ing give up. Just **** it. So angry. vin

The Hulk is the strongest. The sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you'll be happy. durhulk

I actually thought Wasp got put over. She was keeping Graviton at bay for the longest. And actually put him down and out! After Thor busted out a giant energy blast.

Once Thor took the gloves off, Gravitons force field didn't hold. Then there was that massive energy blast that all but finished Gravitron, which left a crater that would swallow most mid sized downtown areas.

And yes, Hulk was able to batter through Gravitons shields and keep moving to the point Graviton had to stop with a gravity manip on Hulk and start hurling things at him.

Hulk is the strongest. biscuits

Bentley
Hulk has infinite increasing strength, of course he could stand further than the others.

Do people here willingly hate/ignore Hulk's whole deal? ermm

CosmicComet
I'll stick to DC where this sort of bullshit doesn't happen...http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/2z7exox.png

And no, his strength is not infinite. That would imply that his mind is infinite. There is certainly a limit to anger.

I guess it would make Hulk obsolete if the one thing he was good at Thor was much better in. Not that I care if it did.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
So angry. vin

The Hulk is the strongest. The sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you'll be happy. durhulk

I actually thought Wasp got put over. She was keeping Graviton at bay for the longest. And actually put him down and out! After Thor busted out a giant energy blast.

Once Thor took the gloves off, Gravitons force field didn't hold. Then there was that massive energy blast that all but finished Gravitron, which left a crater that would swallow most mid sized downtown areas.

And yes, Hulk was able to batter through Gravitons shields and keep moving to the point Graviton had to stop with a gravity manip on Hulk and start hurling things at him.

Hulk is the strongest. biscuits FANBOY

Stall_19

Then there was that massive energy blast that all but finished Gravitron, which left a crater that would swallow most mid sized downtown areas.

Yes, lets take a moment to remember all the innocent people that died in that lightning strike. wink

Kind of excessive Thor.

Badabing
Originally posted by Stall_19
Yes, lets take a moment to remember all the innocent people that died in that lightning strike. wink

Kind of excessive Thor. Yes, the innocent, animated people. Let us take a moment send out thoughts and prayers. durangel

Bentley
I'll stick to DC where this sort of bullshit doesn't happen...http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/2z7exox.png

And no, his strength is not infinite. That would imply that his mind is infinite. There is certainly a limit to anger.

I guess it would make Hulk obsolete if the one thing he was good at Thor was much better in. Not that I care if it did.

It has been stated to be infinite a gazillion times, and if it really gives you problems Bruce Banner is a genious that constantly finds new ways of becomming madder so the Hulk becomes absurdly strong evil face

If being mad for Hulk is a brain/gamma stimulous I don't see why you couldn't just amplify it as much as you liked it, I mean, it's not as if Hulk got stronger by how much he could qualify the subjective nature of his anger uhuh

Edit: Also, did they erase Nazi germany from Marvel history and replace it with Hydra?

chomperx9
Yes, the innocent, animated people. Let us take a moment send out thoughts and prayers. durangel

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7272/jesusz.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seeing as how the executive writer for this show is the same guy who gave us the gems Hulk vs. and Ultimate Avengers, I'm not disappointed.

Thor was written pretty great up until the last Graviton scene. Even temporarily knocked out the bastard when he stepped it up. His a beast strength and power wise. He also has one of the best damage soaks I've ever seen.

The part where Thor can't move after a single Gravity manipulation attack was the only stupid scene. Hulk withstood like 5 of those attacks and Thor already withstood 1 previously while in sand. It seemed as if it was thrown in just to wank the Hulk.

Thor's effectiveness seemed to drop the moment the Avengers were within 10 feet of him.

P.S. Hulk never broke through Graviton's shields Bada. Only Thor managed that.

CosmicComet
^Thanks.

Now I can justify it in my head that Thor started holding back because there were mortals gathering around him. big grin

Also, I'm watching Black Adam be completely awesome, in the Black Adam returns short, so the cloud of sadness from the Thor jobbing is over. smile

ankur29
^Thanks.

Now I can justify it in my head that Thor started holding back because there were mortals gathering around him. big grin

Also, I'm watching Black Adam be completely awesome, in the Black Adam returns short, so the cloud of sadness from the Thor jobbing is over. smile

just saw that too

Caps Conscience
<----This man is is pissed that the gave ghey speaking Tony Stark the leadership role when it rightfully belongs to the GREAT CAPTAIN AMERICA.

CosmicComet
Cap hasn't been revealed yet. He'll take the reigns from Stark's incompetent ass in short order I'm sure.

CosmicComet
*sigh*

Establishing Hulk's dominance early... At least they are getting it over with quickly...This coming episode will see the Enchantress mind control Hulk, and of course, he's going to skullphuck everybody.

*sigh*

roughrider
At least Captain America has beaten Hulk on his own, right? big grin

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
<----This man is is pissed that the gave ghey speaking Tony Stark the leadership role when it rightfully belongs to the GREAT CAPTAIN AMERICA.

I know! When Iron Man was revealed to be the leader, I was going "What the hell?! Captain America's the leader, period!"
I don't care how many successful movies Iron Man has had. Captain America is the leader.

Mr. Rhythmic
*sigh*

Establishing Hulk's dominance early... At least they are getting it over with quickly...This coming episode will see the Enchantress mind control Hulk, and of course, he's going to skullphuck everybody.

*sigh*

I kind of wish they did the original Space Phantom story. That one was extremely original. Someone controlling Hulk's mind? Seen it every other issue.

Stall_19
*sigh*

*sigh*

It wasn't that bad. Sure he owned Iron Man, Giant Man and Wasp ut they were holding back. The fight with Thor was back and forth with neither side looking dominate, plus you could say Thor was holding back as well.

It's really interesting in that they're actually following the comics pretty well. Sure there's some adjustments but it's progressing like the original Avengers comic. With the same original Avengers and Hulk getting mind controlled and leaving the team (though I have a feeling he'll be back) And now Captain America will join the team next week similar to the time frame he joined the comic book team. Plus there was a quick peek of Pym building Ultron.

It also seems like this title will encompass all the Marvel U with Reed Richards and the Negative Zone getting a mention. I think I'll like this series very much.

Caps Conscience
I thought the episode was sh!t.

celeyhyga17
it was ok... kinda hoped for a more prolonged Hulk/Thor encounter, but it looked like the team was holding back.. nice to see Executioner get some face time....

CosmicComet
The episode itself was kinda meh. I'm surprised that they followed suit with the comics, with Hulk leaving the team on the second episode just as he left in the second issue.

celeyhyga17
The episode itself was kinda meh. I'm surprised that they followed suit with the comics, with Hulk leaving the team on the second episode just as he left in the second issue.

he'll obviously be back... would be cool if Namor shows up in Cap's discovery

CosmicComet
Yeah he'll be back.

Unfortunately.

Badabing
Yeah he'll be back.

Fortunately. slide Happy Dance Fixed. sneer

Hulk SMASH puny Avengers, especially blondie! durhulk

BruceSkywalker
watched the ep the other night, thought it could ahve been a little better, but i like this new avengers cartoon..

it certainly beats that crap from several years ago

CosmicComet
Fixed. sneer

Hulk SMASH puny Avengers, especially blondie! durhulk

You're alright Bada. You're alright. stick out tongue

Allankles
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I thought the episode was sh!t.

stick out tongue It seems to me that when it comes to Marvel animated anything involving Hulk tends to be shit (Planet Hulk aside, that was decent). The whole tortured guy thing with Banner is so played out, how about they just have him acting like a hero and actually taking part in the heroics?

Hulk vs heroes is shit.

ankur29
i liked the hulk bit with gravitron
seems that hulk is just that damn strong

Bentley
I just want to see episodes featuring Kang and Immortus, is that too much to ask? biscuits

Stall_19
Originally posted by Bentley
I just want to see episodes featuring Kang and Immortus, is that too much to ask? biscuits

Well Kang was featured in one of the micro-episodes.

CosmicComet
LOL WOOOOW

Cap is getting the Teen Titans Robin treatment!

His punches and kicks made Thor grunt in pain!

You know what, Cap is too awesome. One cannot hold a grudge against his Squirrel-Girl-lite abilities.

Badabing
LOL WOOOOW

Cap is getting the Teen Titans Robin treatment!

His punches and kicks made Thor grunt in pain!

You know what, Cap is too awesome. One cannot hold a grudge against his Squirrel-Girl-lite abilities. Bats and Cap can hurt high end metas. Which is how it should be. biscuits

mmm

I say the next Marvel/DC crossover should be Bats and Cap taking on both universes. The amount of old fashioned sonning and self confident lecturing would be epic.

chomperx9

I say the next Marvel/DC crossover should be Bats and Cap taking on both universes. The amount of old fashioned sonning and self confident lecturing would be epic. when that happens get ready to give out warnings for debate threads on KMC

CosmicComet
Bats and Cap can hurt high end metas. Which is how it should be. biscuits

mmm

I say the next Marvel/DC crossover should be Bats and Cap taking on both universes. The amount of old fashioned sonning and self confident lecturing would be epic.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/biscuits.gif

chomperx9
Ok who else thinks Cap was just a little bit to damn OP in the last episode ? I mean he soloed the Avengers.

CosmicComet
That's in Cap's power to do.

Took on an IG wearing Thanos, and didn't look terrible.

chomperx9
That's in Cap's power to do.

Took on an IG wearing Thanos, and didn't look terrible.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/biscuits.gif come on now thor came slamming down on cap with mjolnir at caps shield. yeah i know the shield is indestructible but with that kinda force especially from thor he should have gotten pusshed back or fallen down atleast

Bentley
Major Victory stopped a feral Thanos on his tracks with that shield, respect freaking vibranium-mesh.

CosmicComet
That shield absorbs kinetic energy son.

Bentley
By the way, is it me or Pym has been incredibly bland in these series? He even makes Janet more watchable.

Badabing
when that happens get ready to give out warnings for debate threads on KMC The only warnings will be to people going against Batman and Captain America! uhuhOriginally posted by chomperx9
Ok who else thinks Cap was just a little bit to damn OP in the last episode ? I mean he soloed the Avengers. And? sneerOriginally posted by chomperx9
come on now thor came slamming down on cap with mjolnir at caps shield. yeah i know the shield is indestructible but with that kinda force especially from thor he should have gotten pusshed back or fallen down atleast No! That was perfectly reasonable.

biscuits

Stall_19
By the way, is it me or Pym has been incredibly bland in these series? He even makes Janet more watchable.

That's pretty much his character in the comics, at least until he suffered those mental breakdowns. I don't mind too much, at least they're making him useful to the team.

Caps Conscience
is there a place to catch the episodes online?

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was damn good...

Ok who else thinks Cap was just a little bit to damn OP in the last episode ? I mean he soloed the Avengers.

cap had to make a good impression and he did

SamZED
And mighty good at that. When he flipped Thor it reminded me of that old Batman/Superman cartoon crossover where Bruce judotossed Supes.

I loved Teen Titans show but Robin in it was freaking annoying because he made comicbook Batman look like a b!tch. Hope Marvel doesnt make the same out of Cap. Let him be there and kick ass but I dont want to see him soloing the entire team all by himself.

All in all the show is great. MUCH better than I expected, so far love everything about it, and to my own surprise Wasp is one of my favorite.

marwash22
Cap didn't (and can't) solo, they weren't even fighting back.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by marwash22
Cap didn't (and can't) solo, they weren't even fighting back.

SILENCE!

CosmicComet
Thor serious'd when he did that last lightning charged hammer strike, you could tell he was taken aback when Cap blocked it and essentially went 'nigga please' on his ass afterward. lol.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stall_19
That's pretty much his character in the comics, at least until he suffered those mental breakdowns. I don't mind too much, at least they're making him useful to the team.

Just watched the new episode and liked Pym's portrayal better, it would seem they are downgrading a bit Tony's ability to deploy Reed-like solutions, but in all honesty there has been so little material out everything has worked so well that I'm satisfied.

Steve should've been even more powerful though.

What do you people think of the changes from the original comic book up to now?

SamZED
Cap didn't (and can't) solo, they weren't even fighting back. Well, he did pwn Thor.erm

marwash22
Originally posted by SamZED
Well, he did pwn Thor.erm tsk, he judo tossed Thor in what was essentially a sucker-punch.

SamZED
tsk, he judo tossed Thor in what was essentially a sucker-punch. That was the first time, the second time was when Thor attacked him near the statue. smokin'

Bentley
Steve has punked Thor in comics several times. He's better than everyone else when it comes to one on one for unknown reasons.

SamZED
Steve has punked Thor in comics several times. He's better than everyone else when it comes to one on one for unknown reasons. thumb up

Bentley
Did anyone see that Wonderman will be soon in the show?

BruceSkywalker
Did anyone see that Wonderman will be soon in the show?

he's in tomorrow night

Badabing
The best part of tonight's show was Thor verbally owning MODOK. laughing out loud

tkitna
Last nights episode sucked. I wish they would have made Wonder Man an actual human instead of an energy being like Korvac.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by tkitna
Last nights episode sucked. I wish they would have made Wonder Man an actual human instead of an energy being like Korvac.

The episode = WIN.

I already like this series better than JLU, and thats saying a lot because JLU was an awesome series.

BruceSkywalker
loved last night's show.

keep 'em coming

Bentley
Did anyone else see a cosmic cube?

Stall_19
Did anyone else see a cosmic cube?

I thought I caught a glimpse of it as well. I believe it's the weapon that AIM is making for Hydra.

the ninjak
The best part of tonight's show was Thor verbally owning MODOK. laughing out loud

He has the head of an Ice Giant but the arms and legs of an infant!

laughing out loud

This episode was pretty good but not as good as the previous eps. Still love it though.

SamZED
BTW the intro song kicks ass. Very catchy.

tkitna
I do love it, but i'm not sure yet if its as good as the JLA cartoons.

ankur29
the show is good, lots of charecters from MU popping up

but marvel being gay will probably stop production after a season or two like they did with spectacular spiderman sad

the ninjak
Originally posted by ankur29
the show is good, lots of charecters from MU popping up

but marvel being gay will probably stop production after a season or two like they did with spectacular spiderman sad

Nah Disney wanted to start fresh. Canceling Spec SM and Wolvey ATXM were sad eventualities.

But with Disney money heres hoping for a long run.

(Hope I didn't jinx it) sad
BTW the intro song kicks ass. Very catchy.
I hated it at first but it's grown on me bigtime!

CosmicComet
the intro song is definitely good.

SamZED
Ugh.. I hate Marvel for failing to create a decent animated universe like DCAU. They're making an ULTIMATE Spider-man toon. Who needs that? I say they make a good Spider-man show, X-men toon. And after they're done crossover the crap outta them with Avengers show.

Mr. Rhythmic
The Wonder Man episode was great to me. The original Wonder Man story was great, but the way it was done was just fine. We didn't need another Amazo-esque baddie, so they did it fine.
The show started off fighting for an edge, but ti's getting much better now. My only issue is that it gets TOO kiddish at points. Besides that, though? I'm really liking it. I'm praying that soon Cap takes charge, since it seems everyone is doubting Tony.
I kind of wish they kept MODOK in the dark a bit more, though. I always liked the idea of him being a big brain 'boss' villain. Still, he was good, and I love the Grim Reaper.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by the ninjak
I hated it at first but it's grown on me bigtime!

Same here. I'll just look up the song on Youtube and listen to it from time to time now. I'm hoping for an extended mp3 version soon.

CosmicComet
IbHLEOg5RPo

Bad ass.

The only thing I don't like about this show, is that they don't make anyone stand out. Everyone seems relatively helpless as individuals, and I certainly don't buy Tony as the leader, as both Thor or Hank could beat his ass.

I just hope they occasionally make you remember how powerful Thor is compared to the rest of these mortals, just as Supes was usually lowkey in Justice League until the going really got tough.

Stall_19

The only thing I don't like about this show, is that they don't make anyone stand out. Everyone seems relatively helpless as individuals, and I certainly don't buy Tony as the leader, as both Thor or Hank could beat his ass.

Well Captain America is generally recognized as the guy who usually leads the Avengers but it didn't start out that way. He only first got his Avenger leadership when all the original Avengers left for one reason or another and he led the team with Hawkeye, Quicksilver & the Scarlet Witch.

In fact they really didn't have a well established leader with the originals. Tony was the closest only because they were all using his stuff, which is the same way it is in this show.

And I don't have a problem with them not making Thor look that strong. It was the same way in the early days of the comic. Sure it was acknowledged that Thor was the strongest member he didn't stick out too much in the group.

CosmicComet
Aye, it's following the comics very well in both regards.

Which are things that annoy me.

I just hope, in one of the episodes, we really get to see Thor cut loose and have it acknowledged that his godly spirit was waning by hanging around all of these mortal heroes.

BruceSkywalker
t'challa was da bomb last night

Rage.Of.Olympus
The writers of this show love great first impressions. T'Challa punked the Avengers nearly as hard as Captain America did.

At least they decided to simply make Thor unavailable instead of job him out.

My Thor fanboyism aside, this show is great.

Stall_19
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The writers of this show love great first impressions. T'Challa punked the Avengers nearly as hard as Captain America did.

Well Iron Man was holding back. He even said so. laughing

CosmicComet
T'Challa is lame and thus I didn't like the episode.

Glad that Thor wasn't in it because it would've sucked for him to have trouble from the natives of Wakanda.

willRules
I'm loving this show. It really is the Marvel answer to the JLU (which was awesome).

I hope Cap gets leadership, he is by far the most interesting character in the team dynamic. When this series was announced and they said Iron-man would be team leader I assumed it was because of marketing issues with him being one of the most recognised chracters. It's nice to see that I'm wrong and it's much more than that. It's rooted in many elements of the original formation of the Avengers, with a few tweaks along the way.

Still it'll be nice to have Hawkeye and Black Widow join the team. Put Cap as leader and have the a full team rematch with the Hulk or Ultron or Kang or the (clearly already forming for the series finale) Master's of Evil and you've got a show that easily rivals the best episdes of JLU and that's certainly saying something.

Bentley
This series is shaping up quite well, if they keep it up and introduce more Kang it's going to be a hit for me shifty

RE: Blaxican
I hate the art. I guess it's alright though. T'challa making Steve look like a ***** is always great, no matter how short lived.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I hate the art. I guess it's alright though. T'challa making Steve look like a ***** is always great, no matter how short lived.

That bugs me. Black Panther's not even close to Cap's level.

Caps Conscience
BP did not make Cap look like anything. Cap trough his his shield BP moved, the ricocheted off the wall and Cap cought it. That is all.

Stall_19
No episode tonight It will be on Friday. sad

But to make up for it, it's a 2-parter and it looks pretty sweet!
smile

upePEMIY5lM

SamZED
Sweet!
Looks like WWHulks will happen a bit sooner in the show.

Also, I dont know if its the art or the voice actress but I just love Wasp in this show.

CosmicComet
Watching the marathon! Hope I'm not alone.

Badabing
Hawkeye was cracking me up.

Hulk laughing was also good.

Stall_19
Hawkeye was cracking me up.

Hulk laughing was also good.

What? You don't think Hawkeye could take down the Hulk? stick out tongue

ankur29
i like that thor has decent durability superior to the others,

not effected by gamma radiationi.e doesn't need the suit, and when he jumped into modok's rocket's flames to save the wasp

pretty cool

Caps Conscience
How would Superman of fared in Gamma World\? Better or worse than Thor.

Caps Conscience
I like how Cap is slowly taking the leadership position away from Tony. Cap is a true badass in the show. When they gave everybody on the team the brief, Cap didn't even flinch.

CosmicComet
I actually missed it as I opted to watch Firebreather instead.

How was it?

SamZED
Great! Waiting for season 2 now.

PS: Im glad Thor demonstrated high durability, but wasnt he effected by gamma radiation in comics? Although him not being effected makes more sense to me.

BruceSkywalker
last night's show was good

PS: Im glad Thor demonstrated high durability, but wasnt he effected by gamma radiation in comics? Although him not being effected makes more sense to me.

same here

ankur29
what season 1 is over !?

so short

CosmicComet
...Season 2?

WTF.

They barely had like 8 episodes.

SamZED
13 actually. All of the mini episode were combinesd into 7 or 8 20-minute-long episodes. So season 1 is over.

I really hope that "ultimate Spider-man" is just a name and has nothing to do with Ultimate universe. So they could make crossovers later. Wolverine and the X-men were drawn in the same style and voiced by the same actors as in Avengers so even though it is cancelled there's a chance for crossover.

CosmicComet
Watching it right now, man Thor is such a ****ing punching bag in this show.

He's like a deer in headlights every time a blow comes his way. It's god damn pathetic.

All of his wins are narrow as hell. You shouldn't laud his 'durability' (I mean that should just be obvious since his team-mates are a bunch of humans), so much as you should criticize his low competency level.

I had high hopes for Thor looking good in this show too. I mean, he definitely looked better than anyone else during the micro-episodes. But now it's obvious that he's just going to get the shit beat out of him every week and then narrowly conjure some magic with mjolnir to save himself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There's at least one more episode left. Coming out next week title "Masters of Evil".

He's like a deer in headlights every time a blow comes his way. It's god damn pathetic.

All of his wins are narrow as hell. You shouldn't laud his 'durability' (I mean that should just be obvious since his team-mates are a bunch of humans), so much as you should criticize his low competency level.

I had high hopes for Thor looking good in this show too. I mean, he definitely looked better than anyone else during the micro-episodes. But now it's obvious that he's just going to get the shit beat out of him every week and then narrowly conjure some magic with mjolnir to save himself.

no expression

What? Thor looked f*cking great in this episode. What the heck are you talking about? You're the first person I've seen complain about his performance this week.

He takes hits because he can. He has crazy damage soak. And he gives just as good as he gets. I don't understand how you can be complaining.

The only time he ever looked like a punching bag was against a gamma amped Abomination and Absorbing Man. Each of those were explained and he promplty owned them. Each of them are Hulk level villains by the way.

CosmicComet
Blonsky beat the crap out of Thor while he didn't have Mjolnir, Thor never owned him, he got in ONE punch.

Absorbing Man beat the shit out of him too, Thor resorted to BFR to beat him.

Hulk beat the crap out of Abomination in this, hell, it took Blonksy to start juicing and increase his size before he could finally overpower Hulk. This was not necessary for Thor.

Hulk already beat down Absorbing Man in a mere Micro-episode (although to be fair, he obviously did not have Mjolnir absorbed then.)

This isn't like Superman in JLU, where Superman is obviously just testing an opponents measure and is known to holdback. He recovers from big blows quickly or even tanks them when he has sufficient motivation. This is simply Thor operating normally, getting hurt, being slow, being vulnerable, but being dogmatically persistant.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Blonsky beat the crap out of Thor while he didn't have Mjolnir, Thor never owned him, he got in ONE punch.

Blonsky was pounding away on Thor and could not put him down. This was a good showing for his durability. It was revealed that Thor only allowed him to do this to get Mjolnir. It makes an even better showing. He then palms his punch and knocks him out with one hit. This makes it a great all around showing.

There's nothing to complain about. Thor showed great durability and strength.

Absorbing Man beat the shit out of him too, Thor resorted to BFR to beat him.

Thor let Absorbing Man knock him around because he was concentrating. That was a great durability showing and a good illustration of cunning. There was nothing wrong with it.

Hulk beat the crap out of Abomination in this, hell, it took Blonksy to start juicing and increase his size before he could finally overpower Hulk. This was not necessary for Thor.

Abomination was going toe to toe with the Hulk and further amped himself when it started getting difficult. He then went on to promptly overpower the Hulk. Hulk did in no way shape or form outperform Thor. Abomination would clearly have to amp himself if he wanted to get the edge over Thor in a one on one fight.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "beating the crap/shit out of someone" or at least how they apply to situations.

Hulk already beat down Absorbing Man in a mere Micro-episode (although to be fair, he obviously did not have Mjolnir absorbed then.)

As I recall, the Absorbing Man was more than holding his own against the Hulk, and the only way he was able to defeat him was when he absorbed the surrounding rock like a moron.

This isn't like Superman in JLU, where Superman is obviously just testing an opponents measure and is known to holdback. He recovers from big blows quickly or even tanks them when he has sufficient motivation. This is simply Thor operating normally, getting hurt, being slow, being vulnerable, but being dogmatically persistant.

Kay, it seems you're just looking for shit to complain about.

This was a good showing for Thor.

tkitna
I want to like this more than I do, but so far, I cant. JLA was much better.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're just upset that there's no Sentry.

Stall_19

I'm pretty sure season 1 isn't over yet. 52 episodes are already confirmed and that will stretch out over 2 seasons. So I'd image there is 26 episodes in this season

You're the only one who seems to have a problem with how Thor was portrayed on last nights episode. I like everyone else thought he looked great. He showed tremendous durability. The only time he was knocked out was against the hulked out heros and then he wasn't fighting back. He let Absorbing Man clobber on him and seemed to take very little damage.

tkitna
You're just upset that there's no Sentry.

laughing Yes, that would improve the show.

ankur29
Blonsky was pounding away on Thor and could not put him down. This was a good showing for his durability. It was revealed that Thor only allowed him to do this to get Mjolnir. It makes an even better showing. He then palms his punch and knocks him out with one hit. This makes it a great all around showing.

There's nothing to complain about. Thor showed great durability and strength.

Thor let Absorbing Man knock him around because he was concentrating. That was a great durability showing and a good illustration of cunning. There was nothing wrong with it.

Abomination was going toe to toe with the Hulk and further amped himself when it started getting difficult. He then went on to promptly overpower the Hulk. Hulk did in no way shape or form outperform Thor. Abomination would clearly have to amp himself if he wanted to get the edge over Thor in a one on one fight.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "beating the crap/shit out of someone" or at least how they apply to situations.

As I recall, the Absorbing Man was more than holding his own against the Hulk, and the only way he was able to defeat him was when he absorbed the surrounding rock like a moron.

This was a good showing for Thor.

thumb up

thor is getting some respect in this show!

he held teh island as gravitron dropped it, SM style kinda

i like how hulk threw the leader's macgine into space too

it's a good series

just hope marvel make as many epsiodes as dbz/naruto

there are lots of comic story that can be used

Gecko4lif
I gotta admit they did do thor dirty these last 2 episodes

He was essentially a punching bad throughout.

Hawkeye brought the lulz.

Also that is a nice villian team that is forming. Baron zemo, crimson dynamo, enchantress, skurge, wonderman and abom

wonder if anybody else is joining. Probably Blackwidow so we can get some parallel with the avengers

SamZED
The heck are you talking about, guys? Thor kicked ass in those episodes. They pretty much established that he's the most powerful team member. They trusted him to destroy the generator from very beginning. He oneshotter Abomination.

Gecko4lif
No. He established that he can take the biggest ass whopping.

He is the paladin of the raid party.

and Abom was just fine.

SamZED
Abom didnt show his face after Thor's punch for few minutes, he wasnt even moving.

Why "ass whopping"? He was taken down basically by dozen Hulks. He allowed Abom to punch him, and allowed AM to punch him knowing he can take it and then pwned them both the second he felt like it. That's a lot like Supes operated in JLU.

Gecko4lif
Abom reappeared immediately after thor summoned his hammer

and both episodes thor was just taking shot after shot and shot

ankur29
The heck are you talking about, guys? Thor kicked ass in those episodes. They pretty much established that he's the most powerful team member.
definitely thumb up

pure badass when he controlled uru AM

celeyhyga17
that was a pretty darn good show... it just keeps getting better and better.

CosmicComet
WTF

It comes on Sundays at 10 am now.

Bad time for me, I sleep in late as hell on the weekend.

Stall_19
WTF

It comes on Sundays at 10 am now.

Bad time for me, I sleep in late as hell on the weekend.

That's somewhat unfortunate. I guess I'll be missing the first half hour of NFL Sunday.

And the other hand whoever said season one has ended is mistaken. I guess they were looking at the episode list at Wikipedia, as it only had a list up till Gamma World.

It seems after this upcoming episode they'll be covering the Skull/Kree war. Sweet!

SamZED
Yeah I was mistaken, and boy am I glad! Masters of evil was a good episode.

Only one thing bothers me about the show, they introduce too many heroes too fast. Sure it ok for people who've read avengers books, but might be a little too much for people who just watch the show.

CosmicComet
missed the episode, am not bothered to look it up because it came on sunday and im still pissed about it.

what was it about?

Stall_19
what was it about?

Masters of Evil

CosmicComet
Just saw it.

Meh.

Thor had to be the damsel in distress that required saving again. He's really becoming 'the worf', of this show.
He got knocked out promptly, expect to see him knocked out at least once in every episode. It's his schtick.

Seems they felt it was easier to just BFR Hulk from the mansion than to try to gang up on him. lol.

Hulk seemed to beat the Frost Giants off panel without too much of a struggle, with no special abilities whatsoever...where as Thor needed the full power of Mjolnir to beat them.

Hulk arrives on the scene last minute to steal the Thor's thunder as he's done in every episode before hand, only this time it was through Thor's doing. lol.

On the other hand Hank 'Gawd' Pym was given tons of respect in this episode and I was pleasantly surprised by that. He definitely saved the day, and not just with prep, but brute strength too. He punted Abomination into a ****ing mountain and KO'd Executioner with a single palm smack, both guys who are high end dangerous bricks who have given Hulk some trouble.

Bravo.

Stall_19
Just saw it.

Meh.

Thor had to be the damsel in distress that required saving again. He's really becoming 'the worf', of this show.
He got knocked out promptly, expect to see him knocked out at least once in every episode. It's his schtick.

Seems they felt it was easier to just BFR Hulk from the mansion than to try to gang up on him. lol.

Hulk seemed to beat the Frost Giants off panel without too much of a struggle, with no special abilities whatsoever...where as Thor needed the full power of Mjolnir to beat them.

Hulk arrives on the scene last minute to steal the Thor's thunder as he's done in every episode before hand, only this time it was through Thor's doing. lol.

On the other hand Hank 'Gawd' Pym was given tons of respect in this episode and I was pleasantly surprised by that. He definitely saved the day, and not just with prep, but brute strength too. He punted Abomination into a ****ing mountain and KO'd Executioner with a single palm smack, both guys who are high end dangerous bricks who have given Hulk some trouble.

Bravo.

No, the damsel in distress is clearly the Wasp. She's the lightweight of the team.

It seems whether you like this show or not is based on whether Thor looks good or not. I thought he looked great in "Gamma World" And in this one it took the entire Masters of Evil to knock him out. If he could beat the entire team then that would defeat the purpose of the Avengers. It's not like he was the only one taken out, all the Avengers except Pym and to an extent Hawkeye & Panther were disposed of.

Well the Hulk can easily be removed in such fashion so there was no reason for them to gang up on them.

Pym was badass. There's making him more formidable in this series than he was in the comics.

BTW I take it you didn't like the Hulk Vs. DVD. laughing

CosmicComet
^You're right. It does. Thor is the main draw on this show for me.

I love Cap, and I like Hank a lot, but Thor is the main reason I tune in. And he's decidedly very ordinary in this show. Other than the micro-episode I've yet to be impressed with his skill level. He is far too easy to hit and damage, he's a slug out there, can barely even get Mjolnir up in time to block most of the time.

The problem that you guys aren't getting with my complaints on Thor's protrayals aren't due to obvious context justifications that I myself could clearly make. It's due to how it comes off to the casual viewer, who cannot/do not analyze these scenes the same way we do. All they see is Thor looking vulnerable in every episode and being incapaciated within seconds of many confrontations.

I have a little cousin, who doesn't really follow comics like we do, he has maybe a handful, but he certainly doesn't think highly of Thor on this show either and before that was apathetic towards him. I had to tell him how powerful Thor is in comics and he was surprised by what I said, now he looks at what is happening on the show and he thinks I lied to him. laughing

What did they see in Gamma World? In the most abstract? They saw Thor be KO'd several times throughout the two part episode. By the swarm of gamma monsters, by a gamma irradiated wrecking crew, by Abomination and Absorbing Man working together, we saw Abomination knock around Thor with little resistance from him, and we saw him resorting to BFR to beat Absorbing Man and not landing a single strike against, not even attempting (unable?) to knock him back to create space for himself to setup his BFR attempt. Both of these were guys that Hulk beat soundly hand to hand however, and Hulk ended up being the one to save Thor in the first place, on top of Hulk already beating Thor in a prior episode--(yes he had the clear advantage, Thor was down with his eyes closed vulnerable to more of a beating until Janet ended up being the unwitting distraction for a cheap return shot.)

Do you think people will want to see a movie about a guy that can easily be perceived as second string to Hulk? Who wants to watch a movie about second place? wink
That's my ultimate concern, Marvel has done nothing to push Thor for his upcoming movie. He's a mundane super hero now.

edit: Yes. I HATED the Hulk vs Thor dvd. My little cousin also thinks I lied to him after he saw that. lol. Thor is clearly not a big concern for Marvel. when the going gets tough (i.e. animation that a wide number of people like kids will see), they will always pick Hulk to lead the way over their bricks, and gladly throw Thor under a bus.

Gecko4lif
Ia gree with comet

I like hulk vs wolverine but hulk vs thor was utter garbage

roughrider
Well, Marvel is doing their best on the comics side to promote Thor big time for the big screen. They seem to have given up on Hulk movies - lack of success - and are sending him back to live action TV.

'Hulk VS.' was crap, story wise.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>