Total Recall Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Len Wisemen is set to direct it

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68374

this is total bullshit its not that old compared to something like The Day The Earth Stood Still.

darthmaul1
some things should just be left alone,
they are remaking spiderman and it's only been 10 years. christ they remade the hulk and that was only like 4 years.
and the punisher has been remade 3 times.
they are remaking conan too.
i will probably rent total recall and conan just to watch them fall flat on their face. both the originals of those are classics and DO NOT need to be remade!!!

The Nuul
Going to SUCK!

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
Going to SUCK!

Prolly.

*disaapointed sigh*

facepalm

Someone always wants to make money.

BruceSkywalker
like len wiseman..

hopefully the cast is good because that will be the only reason why i will see it

Originally posted by dadudemon
Prolly.

*disaapointed sigh*

facepalm

Someone always wants to make money.

exactly, as long as their money to made and put in someone's pocket, movies will always be remade even though there is no need for it

Pandemoniac
Hmmm, former music video director and prodigy of the 'lets keep it flashy yet shallow to broaden the audience' remaking a Paul 'pile on the gore' Verhoeven movie.
Yeah, he might manage to make it more similar to the original story, but will it be as awesome as the original movie? Think not.

K.Diddy
no I am a rare person that actually doesn't mind movies being remade,but this is one movie,that really should be left alone

Dr Mystery
This shouldn't happen! Any idea's who's taking Arnie's role?

jinXed by JaNx
i smell a straight to dvd movie with quality of, Romeros, Day of the dead remake.

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by darthmaul1
some things should just be left alone,
they are remaking spiderman and it's only been 10 years. christ they remade the hulk and that was only like 4 years.
and the punisher has been remade 3 times.

I wouldn't really consider these remakes, in the case of The Incredible Hulk that was a sequel to the first but with a different cast, and unless they are going to do Spidermans origin in the new film I would say the same applies to this, the same way that Batman Forever is not a remake of Batman.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I wouldn't really consider these remakes, in the case of The Incredible Hulk that was a sequel to the first but with a different cast, and unless they are going to do Spidermans origin in the new film I would say the same applies to this, the same way that Batman Forever is not a remake of Batman.

The incredible hulk was a reboot since the first one sucked. And not just because of the new cast but also because the chick had never seen the hulk before. And she did see him in the first.

neo010
Good.... seems , will become better than the first movie. Hope like that.

Myth
I would be cool with this if they took the general idea and made a drastically different story with it, but not if it is just the same thing with new actors and new technology. Also, I'm not happy that is at the helm of somebody best known for Underworld movies.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Dr Mystery

The newer Hulk movie was not a sequel in the slightest.

It was a reboot, completely independent of the 2003 Hulk.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by dadudemon
The newer Hulk movie was not a sequel in the slightest.

It was a reboot, completely independent of the 2003 Hulk.

Correct, i did hear a rumour that Colling Farrell maybe be up for the role of Douglas Quaid.
God help us.
Why are they screwing with these movies that are classic?
Some yes, need a reboot like HULK and Superman returns (with this one just reboot it with an origin story and fight doomsday) even though i loved superman 1 and 2 (donner cut) they are quite dated now and need to be rebooted.

Robtard
Farrell is a decent actor and he can do an action flick, imo.

Anyhow, I vote they cast Jackie Earle Haley as Quato:

http://membres.multimania.fr/marsetsf/tr/quato_29.jpg

mardook
I really don't care whether they remake this movie or not. I love the original one because it was fun and had some cool ideas amid a lot of silly moments. Having this movie being remade and existing alongside the original movie will not destroy the movie imo. It is really silly to think so. On a side note, where the hell is Paul Verhoeven? He has not made a genre movie in ages.

Kazenji
Set Photo's

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=41679

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by mardook
On a side note, where the hell is Paul Verhoeven? He has not made a genre movie in ages.

Let's hope he was shuttled off to MARS.. permanently! Hahaha.. laughing However, terrible though it is, I actually find Starship Troopers fairly entertaining. *shrug*

It's only a shame that this is being remade in that it's probably impossible for it to be as silly and off-the-wall funny as the original! My favorite line from the original: "Be back in time for Corn Flakes." laughing

Kazenji
I've never read the story that this movie is based on, But i'm guessing the remake is gonna be more closely to it.

exiled1
Never read the book, but I despised the old movie, not for its story, but because the ending never made distinction between dream and reality. But I really hope it was a dream, it would be too mind-boggling otherwise - a pool-ball size tracer from his nose? There MUST be a remake (Different, preferably) confused

Kazenji
Originally posted by exiled1
Never read the book, but I despised the old movie, not for its story, but because the ending never made distinction between dream and reality.

Well actually it did.

Manofwords
They lost me at Colin Farrell

Robtard
Bokeem Woodbine is in it, hoping it's a very minor role.

iRuleSoHard
Originally posted by K.Diddy
no I am a rare person that actually doesn't mind movies being remade,but this is one movie,that really should be left alone

I'm similar. I don't mind remakes if there's a point to them besides a cash grab.

srankmissingnin
I like Collin Farrel, In Bruges and London Boulevard are two of my favourite movies, and it's not like the original Total Recall is some great untouchable holy grail of film making. This could be a decent enough remake.

Myth
Farrel usually sucks in American movie, but is great in foreign movies. Unfortunately, this is American made.

Robtard
Originally posted by Myth
Farrel usually sucks in American movie, but is great in foreign movies. Unfortunately, this is American made.

You've obviously not seen S.W.A.T.

-Pr-
Supposedly he was very good in Fright Night too. And he was good in Miami Vice imo.

Myth
Originally posted by Robtard
You've obviously not seen S.W.A.T.

I hated that movie. It pretty much had a 5 minute storyline that set up mindless action. And besides, I said "usually" sucks in American movies. He has had a few decent roles in American movies, but his best movies have been non-American made.

PR - I did hear he was decent in Fright Night, but I have not seen that one.

Kazenji
He's great in Fight Night

stuff the twilight vamps, His vamp portrayal is so much better.

Robtard
Originally posted by Myth
I hated that movie. It pretty much had a 5 minute storyline that set up mindless action. And besides, I said "usually" sucks in American movies. He has had a few decent roles in American movies, but his best movies have been non-American made.

PR - I did hear he was decent in Fright Night, but I have not seen that one.

It was sarcasm, S.W.A.T. was terrible and everyone in that film sucked.

srankmissingnin
A couple of months ago I was talking to my brother, and I asked him "What was that movie where some terrorist gets arrested, then he promises to pay a million dollars to whoever can free him from prison?" He looks at me funny and says "... SWAT?" I started laughing because that movie was horrible... then I was embarrassed because I kind of liked the premise.

Myth
It was sarcasm, S.W.A.T. was terrible and everyone in that film sucked.

Oh, gotcha.

Mindset
It was sarcasm, S.W.A.T. was terrible and everyone in that film sucked. Wrong.

YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Kazenji
_Z4Z-E-Mxbo

Patient_Leech
Oh, Lord. Trailer hype for trailers now... roll eyes (sarcastic)

But anyway... it looks like it might be fun. Can't be as bad as Verhoven's (probably won't be as funny either, though).

From that little preview, I got kind of a Fifth Element meets Minority Report meets Watchmen vibe.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

But anyway... it looks like it might be fun. Can't be as bad as Verhoven's

Verhoven's movie was bad for you......in what way?

Might be because they're actually going out of their way to based it more on the story from Philip K Dick's story.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji

Might be because they're actually going out of their way to based it more on the story from Philip K Dick's story.

How is it more faithful to Dick, if Mars never gets mentioned or used in this film? That's what I've heard.

Can't see how this is going to be profitable - a $200 million dollar film released on Aug. 3rd with Colin Farrell as the star.

Jessica Biel & Kate Beckinsale are the females, sure (Kate once again appearing in a film by hubby Len Wiseman), but when have they ever opened a real blockbuster movie?

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
How is it more faithful to Dick, if Mars never gets mentioned or used in this film? That's what I've heard.

I haven't read the story ""We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" so i wouldn't know

just presumed that they are since there's no funny parts like in the Schwarzenegger movie.

jaden101
I'll go to see it and I'll masturbate furiously to Kate Beckinsale which shouting Allah Akbar in the front row whilst stuffing my face with popcorn covered in mustard like I always do.

-Pr-
_Z4Z-E-Mxbo

Can't wait.

Patient_Leech
Verhoven's movie was bad for you......in what way?

I mean, entertaining, yes, but bad in that I couldn't take it seriously. You could?

Originally posted by roughrider

Wait, there's no Mars in the remake?? This is an outrage. You sure they're not just saving it for us to see later? Probably in the real trailer..? But I guess I wouldn't be surprised, since having Mars in a film seems to doom the film from the start.

rudester
This movie was made in Toronto last summer? I remember they made a casting call for people who look like freaks...lol Made on what I like to call hooker street, a street where hookers line up in the night...hehe

roughrider
Originally posted by rudester
This movie was made in Toronto last summer? I remember they made a casting call for people who look like freaks...lol Made on what I like to call hooker street, a street where hookers line up in the night...hehe

I actually didn't notice the film getting made in Toronto. Just like the Incredible Hulk several years earlier, they got on & off locations quickly.

darthmaul1
I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass, and my guess is this one will too. Mars isn't even in it. Arnies one is great. I just can't see Collin Farrel going nuts and killing people while he's in the recall chair.

Kazenji
I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass,

Yeah but take a look at who was involved with that one.....Marcus Nispel.

Patient_Leech
I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass, and my guess is this one will too. Mars isn't even in it. Arnies one is great. I just can't see Collin Farrel going nuts and killing people while he's in the recall chair.
Yeah but take a look at who was involved with that one.....Marcus Nispel.

Yeah, I don't think Len Wiseman is a bad director at all. His style was perfect for the Underworld movies, I thought. That suited him very well. I thought his style was a little too over-the-top for Die Hard, but it wasn't horrible. But yeah, if Mars really isn't involved with this, then that might be disappointing. My guess is that Hollywood is growing fearful of Mars stories, which is a shame, cuz I kind of like Mars.. erm

Kazenji
I mean, entertaining, yes, but bad in that I couldn't take it seriously. You could?

I could take it seriously

but then were talking about you....you find alot of things funny.

marwash22
-QIWLs8Pet4

marwash22
looks dope.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
looks dope.

thumb up

Patient_Leech
If there's no triple boob chick or Mars, then count me out.. thumb down

Kazenji
If there's no triple boob chick or Mars, then count me out.. thumb down

does'nt go Mars.......so yeah seems like they're sticking more to the story.

Blinky
Red Box.

Kazenji
Purple Box.

GonzoMcFonzo
I'll be honest, I'm having a really hard time getting outraged over this particular remake. As has been said in this thread already, it's not like the original was some masterpiece of film making. It was a good popcorn movie that, for me at least, only rose above the pack because of how well they managed the ambiguity of weather or not he was dreaming.

I still have some reservations, but as long as this movie manages to recreate that ambiguity(i.e. not shove the answer down the audience's throat) I think I'll probably enjoy it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by GonzoMcFonzo
I'll be honest, I'm having a really hard time getting outraged over this particular remake. As has been said in this thread already, it's not like the original was some masterpiece of film making. It was a good popcorn movie that, for me at least, only rose above the pack because of how well they managed the ambiguity of weather or not he was dreaming.

The original is great because Mars is extremely RED. Blindingly so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.