Mr. X vs Captain America(sword fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Who wins?

Dum Dum Dugan
Mr. handily, I dont even think this be much of a fight.

Wolverine2006
Mr. X is an insane fighter, but what really irritates me is his cage fight with Taskmaster. Shouldn't his crazy abilities just make Tasky all the more better? I think Task should have won, and that it was CIS

King Castle
they dont know how to write certain characters with certain auto win powers so they jobb them in certain fights where the other would die..

h2h fights with guys like taskmaster, mr. x and daken should be an auto loss for the likes of peak and slightly superhuman guys who rely on melee fighting.

mr. X should win.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Mr. X is an insane fighter, but what really irritates me is his cage fight with Taskmaster. Shouldn't his crazy abilities just make Tasky all the more better? I think Task should have won, and that it was CIS i agree, tasky should rape him. while mr x is prepared for the next attack tasky does tasky is prepared for any and all that mr x does and should be able to read what hes doing just as well as if he had mr x's tp. not to mention the possibility of an overload considering all the incredibly detailed moves tasky should be considering at any given time during a fight

snoopdogg
What issue did X fight Taskmaster in?

Wolverine2006
Wow haha. That is exactly what I was thinking, and I'm glad someone else out there agrees that the fight was BS. Taskmaster should've definitely won that fight soley based on his ability to copy fighting styles, and knowing exactly how Mr. X fights, and that's not even mentioning his ability to fight superhumanly fast for short amounts of time.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What issue did X fight Taskmaster in?

I'm not sure, but I think that it's in the Mr. X respect thread.

King Castle
he fought him in the wolverine comic in the bloodsport tournament.. it was x second story appearance.

X manhandled taskmaster and beat him.. he nearly killed taskmaster had the ref not interfered

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
I'm not sure, but I think that it's in the Mr. X respect thread. He has a respect thread?

Wolverine2006
Hhhmm...I guess not. I just checked. I could have sworn I saw scans of their fight on KMC.

Dum Dum Dugan
he has a respect thread.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
he has a respect thread.

Oh really? I couldn't find it on the Marvel Respect List, so I searched Mr. X, and couldn't find it either. KMC should have a better search system. Can you post the link please?

King Castle
Mister X:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=517885&pagenumber=2

the 1st scans top of the page

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by King Castle
Mister X:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=517885&pagenumber=2

the 1st scans top of the page

Thank You!!! big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America f*cking destroys this punk. For some reason I expect to see Captain America own Mr. X some time soon.

Why does Mr. X constantly keep telling all his opponents how his abilities work? I wouldn't be surprised if it's common knowledge at this point actually. Captain America sings the National Anthem in his enhanced brain while beating Mr. X's head in.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America f*cking destroys this punk. For some reason I expect to see Captain America own Mr. X some time soon.

Why does Mr. X constantly keep telling all his opponents how his abilities work? I wouldn't be surprised if it's common knowledge at this point actually. Captain America sings the National Anthem in his enhanced brain while beating Mr. X's head in.
thats rather rediculous statements seeing as how Capt shown almost zero skill with a sword and Mr.X is easily one of the most skilled in the world.

He told his teamates that about it, it sorta told wolverine.

That wouldent work at all, Wolverine brain is every bit as enhanced as Capts and X had zero trouble reading him and Wolverine mental defenses are far more and greater then Capt.

King Castle
it shouldnt work but seeing how marvel now writes sh$# i wouldnt be surprised if thats how it turned out in a fight against cap.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thats rather rediculous statements seeing as how Capt shown almost zero skill with a sword and Mr.X is easily one of the most skilled in the world.

He told his teamates that about it, it sorta told wolverine.

That wouldent work at all, Wolverine brain is every bit as enhanced as Capts and X had zero trouble reading him and Wolverine mental defenses are far more and greater then Capt.

Really? Damn. I was sure he faced Swordsman or one opponent wielding a blade. Okay. Cap tosses his word and beats his face in.

I'm pretty sure he told a told a great of his opponents since he came back into the fold.

Iron Fist, and Cho used their abilities to render Mr. X useless. Wolverine having a shitty track record against him isn't my fault.

Mr. X would be one of those henchmen villains Cap owns to get to the true bad guy unless Tieri is writing it.

King Castle
cap would have an even worse time against X.. look at how he has strugled with taskmaster in the past and yes i am counting the powerpack story..uggh

Lord_Talron
tasky should be way better than x

Juk3n
Lot of idiotic chat here, and this fight is stupid when dealing with a non-PIS situation. No street leveller (and i use the term lightly when dealing with Cap) should beat X without an outside force or counter ability - Elektra with her tp for instance, or Ironfist with some Chi-manipulation.

To suggest otherwise is counter to his powerset , which is the exact powerset of a character who cannot be beaten by ANYONE who is a match for him in physicality. It doesn't matter how many styles taskmaster knows, X ability is tht his mind AUTO-locks on to ANY brain impulses of his opponent and his body automatically responds. Why should it matter of Taskmaster is fighting like Daredevil/then switch to Blade/Then switch to Elektra/then switch to Panther...does his brain function change? No. Is he still consciously throwing punches and kicks tryng to defeat his opponent? Yes. If he's not using his "double time speed" (and even if he is considering X's true bullet time reflexes) should he be able to hit X on a forum? No.

Cap loses here, he can't win especially in a sword duel. And i challenge someone to comeup with a suitable winning scenerio for Cap that doesn't involve ignoring X's abilities - as has sometimes been done by stupid writing in comics.

To clarify. X cannot lose against the following in a MELEE encounter;

Batman
Nightwing
Shiva
Daredevil
Punisher
Blade
Taskmaster
Cap

and anyone considered on this level that does not have alternate offensive output or defenses tp or chi-manip that X cannot counter ie; Elektra, Shang-Chi, Ironfist or Wolverine.

King Castle
pffff. chi shouldnt work period... nor drunken style..

Juk3n
pffff. chi shouldnt work period... nor drunken style..

depends on th chi, X can block Ironfists Ampe blow right? well it's Ironnfst so whats the use him blockin if he loses an arm in the process? Shang-Chi and Elektra can project chi attacks, can't block them. X' ability isa counter to physical confrontations not meta physical. Drunken style definetley shouldn't have worked, thats PIS at it's very worst. The Woverine berserk thing i can hang with, because it's an altered mind state and altered brainwave patterns. But simply changing a fighting style should have no effect on X's ability.

Lord_Talron
taskmaster is running thru over a million different moves that he could use, analyzing the fighting style his opponent is using, and copying that (if he doesnt have it). thats in addition to normal fighting stuff. i think its possible for the correct information to get lost in transition or an information overload on x's part

Juk3n
X's own style is rooted in his very own specific brain function, it doesn' matter if taskmater can copy X's moves, he can't copy his brain, and there is no reasn for taskmaster to land a hit on X. He isnt vastly superior in any particular catagory and at the end of the day, if taskmaster i consciously throwin punches and kick (as opposed to the auto pilot way berserker Wolverine would fight -- ) then X is blocking or parrying everything. X's body reacts automtically granting him forehand knowledge of the impending attack and the location grantin him extremeley favourable counter attack options.

Only someone who operates faster than X's body can react should really have a chance at bypassing his autopilot. Cap and Taskmaster lack this operating speed to an effectve degree.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Juk3n
X's own style is rooted in his very own specific brain function, it doesn' matter if taskmater can copy X's moves, he can't copy his brain, and there is no reasn for taskmaster to land a hit on X. He isnt vastly superior in any particular catagory and at the end of the day, if taskmaster i consciously throwin punches and kick (as opposed to the auto pilot way berserker Wolverine would fight -- ) then X is blocking or parrying everything. X's body reacts automtically granting him forehand knowledge of the impending attack and the location grantin him extremeley favourable counter attack options.

Only someone who operates faster than X's body can react should really have a chance at bypassing his autopilot. Cap and Taskmaster lack this operating speed to an effectve degree.

I would think that their abilities would cancel eachother's out, because Mr. X has the tp, and because Tasky would know every move that Mr. X could throw to counter it. But I still say that Taskmaster should still win.

namorsubby
I X's precog can allow him to outmanuever Wolverine every steo of the way, then it should probably allow him to easily outmanuevering Captain America.

Steve does have the shield, but he gonna miss alot, and he's gonna get tagged too.

Deadline
cap would have an even worse time against X.. look at how he has strugled with taskmaster in the past

His last fight showed an unarmed Cap doing relatively well against Taskmaster who had explosive arrows and a sword and a shield

and yes i am counting the powerpack story..uggh

Not canon.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Deadline
His last fight showed an unarmed Cap doing relatively well against Taskmaster who had explosive arrows and a sword and a shield

Not canon.

Actually, the last fight was Tasky fighting both Caps at the same time during Siege...

Anyway X wins this.
And while Tasky should probably have done a little better against X, he can't beat X whilst X's powers still operate fully, as he can't counter telepathy. The same reason Wolverine couldn't gain an advantage no matter how he fought.

Deadline
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Actually, the last fight was Tasky fighting both Caps at the same time during Siege...

Scans?

Anyway X wins this.

Yeah

AlmightyKfish
Scans?

Yeah

Umm, I cba to go find them, but they're in the Respect thread.

Deadline
I just found them in the respect thread. In all fairness he didn't actually engage both of them in h2h and when Bucky took over Task was bleeding and actually had the advantage.

AlmightyKfish
I just found them in the respect thread. In all fairness he didn't actually engage both of them in h2h and when Bucky took over Task was bleeding and actually had the advantage.

At what point did it look like Bucky had the advantage? When he tried to attack Tasky from behind as Task was talking to Cap as he left?

Tbf, I wish the fight was longer, but Gage had a lot to cover in that issue and it was a nice fight for what it was.

Deadline
At what point did it look like Bucky had the advantage? When he tried to attack Tasky from behind as Task was talking to Cap as he left?

Tbf, I wish the fight was longer, but Gage had a lot to cover in that issue and it was a nice fight for what it was.

Not Bucky, Steve. Taskmaster was on his knees after getting kneed by Cap. It was an impressive showing but doesn't prove he can beat Cap in h2h.

Dum Dum Dugan
Really? Damn. I was sure he faced Swordsman or one opponent wielding a blade. Okay. Cap tosses his word and beats his face in.

again vastly underrating Mr. X abilities.

I'm pretty sure he told a told a great of his opponents since he came back into the fold.

you be mistaken.

Iron Fist, and Cho used their abilities to render Mr. X useless. Wolverine having a shitty track record against him isn't my fault.

PIS is not allowed in forum battles. IF moment was PIS. It was shown on pannel that he trained himself to combat just what IF did. It was PIS plain and simple by a writer who took over for a single issue and is a hack.

Cho moves was legitment. But Capt has no prayer of pulling that off becuase he does not percieve the world anything like cho does.

. X would be one of those henchmen villains Cap owns to get to the true bad guy unless Tieri is writing it.
tieri is his creator you do realises right?

Starscream M
and you're underestimating cap's

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
and you're underestimating cap's
not at all. Capt has shown extremely limmited sword skill while X has shown to be a master with bladed weapons far beyond anything capt has shown, he also a TP and body which auto lock to capts impulses, making him beyond what capt will be able to deal with in this scenerio.

Starscream M
not at all. Capt has shown extremely limmited sword skill while X has shown to be a master with bladed weapons far beyond anything capt has shown, he also a TP and body which auto lock to capts impulses, making him beyond what capt will be able to deal with in this scenerio. cap is also the best fighter in marvel...x is not. that is a significant factor.

Dum Dum Dugan
cap is also the best fighter in marvel...x is not. that is a significant factor.
Capt is not the best fighter in Marvel, not sure were you got that little fact from, but it far from correct there a numerous fighters as good and better then he is.

X has shown just what he can do to elite MA. He clearly on there level in skill and hgis powers make him quite beyond.

iceman24567
As far as fighting goes Cap is pretty much the best erm

Starscream M
Capt is not the best fighter in Marvel, not sure were you got that little fact from, but it far from correct there a numerous fighters as good and better then he is.

X has shown just what he can do to elite MA. He clearly on there level in skill and hgis powers make him quite beyond. capt is the best fighter, thats common knowledge

hes not the best martial artist, but he is the best raw fighter. he can adapt on the fly to the environment. Cap is also very smart, smarter than X. Also X is a cocky idiot, Cap will exploit that.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by iceman24567
As far as fighting goes Cap is pretty much the best erm
no he not at all there a several people as good and several better then he such as uber tier fighters like Ogun.

iceman24567
capt is the best fighter, thats common knowledge

hes not the best martial artist, but he is the best raw fighter. he can adapt on the fly to the environment. Cap is also very smart, smarter than X. Also X is a cocky idiot, Cap will exploit that. I rarely agree with you but you are right on how BH doesn't understand this is mind boggling no expression

Deadline

Yea Mantis, Gamora etc not Wolverine thats for sure.

Dum Dum Dugan
capt is the best fighter, thats common knowledge

hes not the best martial artist, but he is the best raw fighter. he can adapt on the fly to the environment. Cap is also very smart, smarter than X. Also X is a cocky idiot, Cap will exploit that.
no he not at all. He good and one of the best but he not the best and thats not common knolwedge

How is he smarter then X? There really no evidences of this and this is quite speculation on your part. how does X exploit this when his opponents body reacts to his everymove and is far better at using the weapons that there fighting with then he is?

For starters Wolverine has beaten Capt in a fight not an MA match, so has DD amoung others. He not that best, he simply one of them.

iceman24567
Yea Mantis, Gamora etc not Wolverine thats for sure. Mantis can't do what Cap does she's more skilled but a better combatant? Not imo.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yea Mantis, Gamora etc not Wolverine thats for sure.
Wolverine is as good as capt. So I am not sure were your comments coming from.

Deadline
Mantis can't do what Cap does she's more skilled but a better combatant? Not imo.

You might be right there.

iceman24567
Nobody is talking about MA so wtf is BH doing

Dum Dum Dugan
I rarely agree with you but you are right on how BH doesn't understand this is mind boggling no expression
becuase your wrong and he wrong and u both have no idea what your talking about and vastly less knowledge of marvel MA's then me........

iceman24567
LOL ok

Deadline

I was......doh!

Dum Dum Dugan
Not talking about MA, im talking fighting which MA is a part of. MA was develope to improve fighters.

Starscream M
becuase your wrong and he wrong and u both have no idea what your talking about and vastly less knowledge of marvel MA's then me........ lmfao you're such a clown. you dont know anymore than the rest of us.

iceman24567
Not talking about MA, im talking fighting which MA is a part of. MA was develope to improve fighters. Yes improve fighting MA is only a part of fighting. Mantis is a better martial artist but not a better fighter i know few people that think otherwise you being one of them erm

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine and Capt do tend to uses far more simplistic assaults that soldiers and trained killers might uses rather then say some fancy kungfu move from shang-chi. However that does not make them a better fighter or him a better MAer. Think people misunderstand MA and few it only in contect of flashy moves for sport.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yes improve fighting MA is only a part of fighting. Mantis is a better martial artist but not a better fighter i know few people that think otherwise you being one of them erm
you think there a differences, but there really is not. Your either a better fighter or your not.

One cant really be the better MerA but worse fighter. some one can be better at a certain MA then another but overall inferior in all around combat.

becuase many MA's like krav Maga ius fighting system develope upon killing your enemy or disabling him by any mean nessary.

Dum Dum Dugan
lmfao you're such a clown. you dont know anymore than the rest of us.
I know much much much much more then u I dont think anyone asside from your self would even debate this fact that my knolwedge>>>>yours

Starscream M
you think there a differences, but there really is not. Your either a better fighter or your not.

One cant really be the better MerA but worse fighter. some one can be better at a certain MA then another but overall inferior in all around combat.

becuase many MA's like krav Maga ius fighting system develope upon killing your enemy or disabling him by any mean nessary. actually there is a difference

a taekwondo black belt may be a good MA, but would get ****ed up by Tyson in his prime who is not a good MA

iceman24567
Their is a difference though

Deadline
actually there is a difference

a taekwondo black belt may be a good MA, but would get ****ed up by Tyson in his prime who is not a good MA

I could see that really happening. It would be horrible.

iceman24567
Horrible for the black belts face

Dum Dum Dugan
actually there is a difference

boxing is a type of MA you do realises.....

TAekwondo is a type of MA

this is what I mean, you dont have any idea what your talking about. There both MA. Tyson the better MA fighter or overall fighter. Taekwondo better for sports anyways.

Starscream M
I know much much much much more then u I dont think anyone asside from your self would even debate this fact that my knolwedge>>>>yours yeah you;ve really proven it over the years with your stellar debating roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deadline
Horrible for the black belts face

Yeah I can see it now. The tae guy throws some fancy kicks, Tyson gets hit a bit, moves in and then *POW*

Dum Dum Dugan
Their is a difference though
there not though, many MA were develope to improve soldiers fighting efficiency.

MA is fighting. MA simply is what broad wording for all fighting styles.

Dum Dum Dugan
yeah you;ve really proven it over the years with your stellar debating roll eyes (sarcastic)
again as always I offer to vs you in a forum battle but as always you pussy out becuase you know, I know and everyone knows I have vastly more knolwedge then you the man known for using wiki for his entire knolwedge of characters.

iceman24567
Yeah I can see it now. The tae guy throws some fancy kicks, Tyson gets hit a bit, moves in and then *POW* I actually know a fairly high ranked Tae guy he has dozens of trophies i doubt he would last 5 seconds against Mike in his prime laughing

Starscream M
there not though, many MA were develope to improve soldiers fighting efficiency.

MA is fighting. MA simply is what broad wording for all fighting styles. boxing is not MA

Dum Dum Dugan
Yeah I can see it now. The tae guy throws some fancy kicks, Tyson gets hit a bit, moves in and then *POW*
I agree lol tae seems to be a good bases for getting good with kicks, but less then effective in a street fight. Good for point sparing.

Juk3n
to everyone giving Cap the nod, please present a scenerio that DOESN'T ignore X's ability..

iceman24567
I'm not giving him the nod

Dum Dum Dugan
boxing is not MA
it is, just like kick boxing.

MA generalization for all fighting
styles.

Dum Dum Dugan
I actually know a fairly high ranked Tae guy he has dozens of trophies i doubt he would last 5 seconds against Mike in his prime laughing
thats becuases iot used in point sparing, which isent even a fight it tag.

Deadline
I actually know a fairly high ranked Tae guy he has dozens of trophies i doubt he would last 5 seconds against Mike in his prime laughing

Everyone one in the crowd covers their face and winces as the Tae gets punched. Theres a crie of "OOOOOOOO!!!!"

boxing is a type of MA you do realises.....

TAekwondo is a type of MA

this is what I mean, you dont have any idea what your talking about. There both MA. Tyson the better MA fighter or overall fighter. Taekwondo better for sports anyways.

I see what you mean BH but Tyson wasn't just good at boxing because of his training.

boxing is not MA

I think it is.

Dum Dum Dugan

I see what you mean BH but Tyson wasn't just good at boxing because of his training.

a lot of it was due to training and his physical knock out prowesses.

though should be mention that tyson is not even a top 15 boxer. and there were numerous heavy weights would would beat him.

Starscream M

though should be mention that tyson is not even a top 15 boxer. and there were numerous heavy weights would would beat him. AHahahahahahah I think you should get a temp ban for such ignorance.

Deadline
a lot of it was due to training and his physical knock out prowesses.

I think alot of it had to do with the fact he was a nutter as well.

though should be mention that tyson is not even a top 15 boxer. and there were numerous heavy weights would would beat him.

Well he ain't now thats for sure.

Dum Dum Dugan
AHahahahahahah I think you should get a temp ban for such ignorance.
not ignorances it simply knowing facts. Go look at his record champ. He lots to chumps and the only top ten boxer he actaully facing beat his ass twice.

then look at people like george forman who face several top ten boxer and simple has more impressive record then tyson.

Dum Dum Dugan
I think alot of it had to do with the fact he was a nutter as well.

Well he ain't now thats for sure.
lol yea he is crazy, he fight dirty in a street fighter.

true lol, he funny as hell though in hangover

Deadline
not ignorances it simply knowing facts. Go look at his record champ. He lots to chumps and the only top ten boxer he actaully facing beat his ass twice.

then look at people like george forman who face several top ten boxer and simple has more impressive record then tyson.

Yea if you look at his WHOLE record but when he first started out he was the best then he slipped not sure how thats relevant anyway.

Starscream M

then look at people like george forman who face several top ten boxer and simple has more impressive record then tyson. I didn't say he was the best

but you said he isn't top 15

name 15 boxers who are better than a peak tyson

Rage.Of.Olympus

you be mistaken.

I'm not the only one apparently.

Really? I'll take your word for it. I just recall his opponents coming to the realization of how powers work. I know he said something to tip off Iron Fist for sure.

PIS is not allowed in forum battles. IF moment was PIS. It was shown on pannel that he trained himself to combat just what IF did. It was PIS plain and simple by a writer who took over for a single issue and is a hack.

Cho moves was legitment. But Capt has no prayer of pulling that off becuase he does not percieve the world anything like cho does.

Apparently if your skilled enough, you can bypass his abilities. Too Logan isn't on Iron Fist's level. sad

Captain America does have an enhanced mind that processes information more efficiently, specifically when it comes to combat but I doubt that his mind would shown as being too foreign for Mr. X to understand. He was able to read Wolverine. I'll give the guy some credit.

It'd be funny to see to Batroc the Leaper own Mr. X however. His thoughts are in French!

tieri is his creator you do realises right?

Yes, I know this. Tieri's more than likely the only one who cares about Mr. X in his line of work.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yea if you look at his WHOLE record but when he first started out he was the best then he slipped not sure how thats relevant anyway.
He fought chumps man he was fed. He started losing because he started fighting legit guys, hell his first loss was to a no body. This is prior to him going nuts.

foreman is the much more accomplished bozer. Tyson ranked something like 16 overall greatest heavy weights. People like foreman is rank 7th.

there a reason foreman fought the best of the best.

Tyson was fighting chumps becuase during his riegn boxing had splinter and became so corrupted that they would protect there fighters like tyson.

Deadline
I didn't say he was the best

Whatever, tagent.

For the record if you look at some martial arts films oriental martial artists study boxing to gain an advantage because it has much more flexibility look at Fist of Legend and Way Of The Dragon (not sure, the film where Bruce Lee fights Chuck Norris). Also Bruce Lee studied boxing. Boxing isn't like Karate but I see no reason why it can't be considered to be a martial art.

Dum Dum Dugan
I didn't say he was the best

easy hell I could name 15ish heavy weights who are better.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, boxing.

Dum Dum Dugan
Whatever, tagent.

For the record if you look at some martial arts films oriental martial artists study boxing to gain an advantage because it has much more flexibility look at Fist of Legend and Way Of The Dragon (not sure, the film where Bruce Lee fights Chuck Norris). Also Bruce Lee studied boxing. Boxing isn't like Karate but I see no reason why it can't be considered to be a martial art.
cosigned.

espicially consider people who know only BBJ and boxing are consider MMA

Deadline
GUYS???!!!!! OFF TOPIC OR WHAT! Hold it down you two. erm

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm not the only one apparently.

Really? I'll take your word for it. I just recall his opponents coming to the realization of how powers work. I know he said something to tip off Iron Fist for sure.

IF thing was PIS plain and simple I cant even believe your trying to uses it as evidences. The entire thing was IF, Luke wank fest in which thunderbolts were written out of character and powers were ignored.

Some of his opponents had files on him thats why.

Apparently if your skilled enough, you can bypass his abilities. Too Logan isn't on Iron Fist's level. sad

except thats not how it works. Drunken fist goes on pure instincts which is something x trained against making such a move impossible, but remeber being a hack just did zero backround info on the thunderbolts.

Captain America does have an enhanced mind that processes information more efficiently, specifically when it comes to combat but I doubt that his mind would shown as being too foreign for Mr. X to understand. He was able to read Wolverine. I'll give the guy some credit.

and taskmaster who mind is also enhanced.

It'd be funny to see to Batroc the Leaper own Mr. X however. His thoughts are in French!
lol I wonder how that would work, it be a funny read. Though X is fluent in many language I believe, not sure about french.

Yes, I know this. Tieri's more than likely the only one who cares about Mr. X in his line of work.
writer of thunderbolts seemed to like him.

I liked him, he had possibilities but they just sent him right back to the celler after thunderbolts ended

Deadline
Lol, boxing.

erm

srankmissingnin

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier

I'll take issue with that list. Iron Mike at his peak was a monster, perhaps -IMO -the greatest boxer who ever lived... and he never even approached is full potential. After Cus D'Amato died Tyson wasn't even close to the same boxer. His training slacked and he stopped fighting seriously.

When he was at his best Tyson was one of the greats... suggestion otherwise is crazy. Peak Tyson would mangle pretty much everyone on that list.

Dum Dum Dugan
Paul Pender as well dispite boxing black balling him

Starscream M

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier like you know half of those guys roll eyes (sarcastic)

you basically just copied and pasted the list

Deadline
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'll take issue with that list. Iron Mike at his peak was a monster, perhaps -IMO -the greatest boxer who ever lived... and he never even approached is full potential. After Cus D'Amato died Tyson wasn't even close to the same boxer. His training slacked and he stopped fighting seriously.

When he was at his best Tyson was one of the greats... suggestion otherwise is crazy. Peak Tyson would mangle pretty much everyone on that list.

Tyson would mangle George Foreman wtf are you talking about srank? Said I was gonna stay OT oh well.

Starscream M

When he was at his best Tyson was one of the greats... suggestion otherwise is crazy. Peak Tyson would mangle pretty much everyone on that list. yep.

tyson wasn't a boxer. tyson was a BEAST. and humans can't beat beasts.

Dum Dum Dugan

he was good one of the best heavy weights but there are many beyond him. He could beat some of them but thats means little, many of them are weight classes below him and would simply loses due to inferior size.

george foreman for one would eat tyson alive.

Deadline

george foreman for one would eat tyson alive.

Well within 3 rounds I guess or possibly 4.

Dum Dum Dugan
Tyson would mangle George Foreman wtf are you talking about srank? Said I was gonna stay OT oh well.
editI miss read what you said

Foreman would destroy tyson.

Deadline
No no he would not.

You should go take a look at there records. Foreman is better clearly and he fought much better guys. Hell in his forties he did better against holyfield then tyson did who got two shots at him.

Yeah of course George Foreman is better but I don't think it would be a total stomp. Yeah you might be right actually.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yeah of course George Foreman is better but I don't think it would be a total stomp. Yeah you might be right actually.
I think tyson would last a bit but would be clearly losing every round untill he was stop in 3rd or fourth though maybe sooner, tyson had some what suspect chin.

Deadline
I think tyson would last a bit but would be clearly losing every round untill he was stop in 3rd or fourth though maybe sooner, tyson had some what suspect chin.

I think thats what I said BH. erm

Well within 3 rounds I guess or possibly 4.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IF thing was PIS plain and simple I cant even believe your trying to uses it as evidences. The entire thing was IF, Luke wank fest in which thunderbolts were written out of character and powers were ignored.

Some of his opponents had files on him thats why.

Haha, okay fine. I'll stop. Damn, I didn't know you felt so strongly about it.

I think Cho had files on him. Besides, Captain America is the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I think they're is a good possibility he'd know of Mr. X's abilities. Not sure if they fall into the general knowledge category.

except thats not how it works. Drunken fist goes on pure instincts which is something x trained against making such a move impossible, but remeber being a hack just did zero backround info on the thunderbolts.

Remeber?

I'm assuming this was used to counter Wolverine's rage? I didn't bother to reading their most recent fight. I started too, but it got boring so I stopped.

and taskmaster who mind is also enhanced.

mhmm

I'm not too sure I'd but Taskmaster in the same boat as Rogers. His powers were explained as photographic memory tying directly into muscle memory as I recall. That's a bit different from Rogers who had his brain speed up, evolved in regards to combat specifically. Of course I might be forgetting a description of Taskmaster's powers that compare them to Rogers.

lol I wonder how that would work, it be a funny read. Though X is fluent in many language I believe, not sure about french.

He'd probably get his shit pushed in once his telepathy is overcome. He seems to fold when it's been countered.

writer of thunderbolts seemed to like him.

I liked him, he had possibilities but they just sent him right back to the celler after thunderbolts ended

Quote or concede to be a liar. But yea, I could see the writer having a thing for the character. He played him up as pretty uber until his telepathy was countered.

Dum Dum Dugan
I think thats what I said BH. erm
I was agreeing with you I should have made it clearer.

srankmissingnin

Nah, at his peak Tyson was destroy him. Mike was too fast, too powerful and just as good with his left and his right hand. The only thing Foreman had over Tyson was heart, but that isn't enough for a win.

Before his trainer / father figure died, Tyson was one of the greats... I know that is easy to forget. Try to disregard the "fighter" Tyson devolved into and remember him at his best.

Deadline
Nah, at his peak Tyson was destroy him. Mike was too fast, too powerful and just as good with his left and his right hand. The only thing Foreman had over Tyson was heart, but that isn't enough for a win.

Before his trainer / father figure died, Tyson was one of the greats... I know that is easy to forget. Try to disregard the "fighter" Tyson devolved into and remember him at his best.

Yea this is one of the time were you're talking out of your arse but I won't derail the thread anymore. Just watch his fights.

Dum Dum Dugan
Haha, okay fine. I'll stop. Damn, I didn't know you felt so strongly about it.

I think Cho had files on him. Besides, Captain America is the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I think they're is a good possibility he'd know of Mr. X's abilities. Not sure if they fall into the general knowledge category.

lol thanks

I bet capt would know.

Lol. Remeber?

I'm assuming this was used to counter Wolverine's rage? I didn't bother to reading their most recent fight. I started too, but it got boring so I stopped.

reember or however it spelled.

yes it was used to combat berserker rage.

mhmm

I'm not too sure I'd but Taskmaster in the same boat as Rogers. His powers were explained as photographic memory tying directly into muscle memory. That's a bit different from Roger's who literally had his brain processing speed up, evolved in regards to combat specifically. Of course I might be forgetting a description of Taskmaster's powers that compare them to Rogers.

Taskmaster mind would need to be enhanced to accomnplish such feats. espcially ones like increasing his speed to level capable of catching bullets which his mind would need to beable to percieve. Though it may not be on capts level it most certain enhanced I believe.

He'd probably get his shit pushed in once his telepathy is overcome. He seems to fold when it's been countered.

it hard to say both times it shocked him, he dident expect it. However he showed the he evolves such as when ghost tried to sneak up on him again x was able to senses it. He was also able to combat when Nuke was able to by pass his abilities. also how would capt bypass them?

Quote or concede to be a liar. But yea, I could see the writer having a thing for the character. He played him up as pretty uber until his telepathy was countered.
lol what?

why does he always were sun glasses even inside I can't believe he one of thoses guys

srankmissingnin
Yea this is one of the time were you're talking out of your arse but I won't derail the thread anymore. Just watch his fights.

I have and I think that you, like Battlehammer bringing Tyson v Holyfield up, can't separate the fighter Tyson was from the fighter he became. As soon as the work "peak" comes into the equation all that BS that Tyson's career became is irrelevant. Starscream said Tyson in his prime and he was right.

Deadline
I have and I think that you, like Battlehammer bringing Tyson v Holyfield up, can't separate the fighter Tyson was from the fighter he became. As soon as the work "peak" comes into the equation all that BS that Tyson's career became is irrelevant. Starscream said Tyson in his prime and he was right.

Talk to the hand. *snaps fingers*

Dum Dum Dugan

no no he would not. except tyson wasent faster then foreman at all. Foreman was pretty much as powerful as tyson and has vastly better chin and was more skilled. Put foreman and tyson record side by side. foreman in his prime was better had more wins by TKO and KO and fought vastly superior people. Tyson fought mostly chumps.

yea and foreman came back in his friggin forties overweight, that tyson excuses is lame, evenb looking purely at there primes Foreman record is simply better it not even debatable. Hell even ring magazine rates Foreman at number 7 while Tyson does not even make top 15.

Deadline
^ Can't be arsed to argue but I think this one time BH really knows what hes talking about.

Dum Dum Dugan
I not even talking about that. Tyson in his prime lost to James Douglas by KO who was a no body, this is the crap im talking about Tyson was fed and he stuill got his shit kicked in. Tyson won 37 fights in a row and lost to a chump.

Foreman won 40 fights ibn a row and lost to the best heavy weight to ever live (who cheat by today standards to win if not mistaken)

Deadline
I not even talking about that. Tyson in his prime lost to James Douglas by KO who was a no body,

He wasn't in his prime then though.

Dum Dum Dugan
He wasn't in his prime then though.
that was his prime, he was only five years in at the time. He left his prime several years later.

he was 42 to 1 favorite that is absurd odds.

Starscream M
that was his prime, he was only five years in at the time. He left his prime several years later.

he was 42 to 1 favorite that is absurd odds. he prob didnt take the fight seriously

Deadline

he was 42 to 1 favorite that is absurd odds.

No mate he really wasn't. He probably wasn't into as much or trying his best.

Dum Dum Dugan
he prob didnt take the fight seriously
thats a lame excuses, just like saying his trainer death is the reason he went down hill which is utter BS seeing as his trainer died the same year he turned pro.

Dum Dum Dugan
No mate he really wasn't. He probably wasn't into as much or trying his best.
or he simply got caught and was never that good. He fought chumps it a fact.

He also spent his entire carreer as a pro pritty much with out his original trainer who died the same year he turned pro.

That was most certainly his prime, he was only 24 for christ sakes.

^ Can't be arsed to argue but I think this one time BH really knows what hes talking about.
also I not sure how to take this, it was like a compliment inside an insult.

Deadline
or he simply got caught and was never that good. He fought chumps it a fact.

He also spent his entire carreer as a pro pritty much with out his original trainer who died the same year he turned pro.

That was most certainly his prime, he was only 24 for christ sakes.

Its not just about age though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Its not just about age though.
age is a huge factor. There really no reason to say he was not in his prime, zero infact sinces after that lost he won another like 6 or 7 fights in a row by KO.

srankmissingnin
no no he would not. except tyson wasent faster then foreman at all. Foreman was pretty much as powerful as tyson and has vastly better chin and was more skilled. Put foreman and tyson record side by side. foreman in his prime was better had more wins by TKO and KO and fought vastly superior people. Tyson fought mostly chumps.

yea and foreman came back in his friggin forties overweight, that tyson excuses is lame, evenb looking purely at there primes Foreman record is simply better it not even debatable. Hell even ring magazine rates Foreman at number 7 while Tyson does not even make top 15.

I can't believe you just said that Tyson wasn't faster than Foreman lmao. Foreman was had slow hand speed, he just hit like a freaking pile driver and walk you around the ring with his monsterous right. Tyson had comparable punching power, far greater speed, unlike Foreman he was just as devastating with his left as his right, and when he was actually trying to box he was a master of the Peek-a-boo style (instead of just letting people punch him in the head like he did latter one), he had superior technique (Foreman was a brawler). I'll give you that Foreman fought better boxers than the boxers Tyson fought, but he didn't fight better boxers than prime Tyson.

Of course not. Tyson was a joke under Don King, and DK didn't want take the risk of Tyson losing to Foreman... but luckily that isn't the Tyson we are talking about. cool

srankmissingnin
thats a lame excuses, just like saying his trainer death is the reason he went down hill which is utter BS seeing as his trainer died the same year he turned pro.

It's not a lame excuse, it's the reality of the situation. When Don King picked up his contract, Tyson stopped boxing like he used too. He stopped using the style and technique he had developed, and excelled at, he stopped training hard and fighting seriously... he basically tried to tank punches to the face and hope for the best. He was only the same fighter in name and nothing else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.