Exitar Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Exitar is at full power

1. random encounter
2. Both have prep

Black bolt z
Been done before.

1: Stalemate or exitar
2: Galactus

Colossus-Big C
Galactus is smarter than exitar?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Galactus is smarter than exitar? Not nessicarily but he'd be better with prep.Tech FTW!

Colossus-Big C
galactus is 60ft while exitar is 10,000 ft tall

TheTyrant
Galactus can become as big as the universe.

Galactus wins
Galactus stomps

Black bolt z
galactus is 60ft while exitar is 10,000 ft tall Not really.Regular celestials are shown said to be 2000 ft tall but when galactus is near them he is shown as the same height.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Galactus can become as big as the universe.

Galactus wins
Galactus stomps Exitars power dwarfs the 4th host of celestials combined
he can annihilate entire universes

Black bolt z
Exitars power dwarfs the 4th host of celestials combined
he can annihilate entire universes Prove he can annihilate a universe or concede to being a liar

Colossus-Big C
its stated.

also ,kubic can destroy universes
celestials are several magnetudes of power above kubic
Exitar is several magnetudes of power above normal celestials

guy222
done before friend

Colossus-Big C
no it hasnt

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Exitar.
2. Galactus.

Bouboumaster
no it hasnt

Hell yeah it has been done before

Colossus-Big C
show me

TheTyrant
show me

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=525210&highlight=title:

You made it yourself no expression

Gecko4lif
Common sense. So rare...

TheLordofMurder
A non-BS'ing Galactus written by anyone with half a brain wins 10/10 and its not a contest in either senario; Galactus has the Ultimate Nullifier... and thus, he beats any non-sepreme being type every single time.

Without PIS or CIS, this is spite against Exitar...

zopzop
Has it EVER been established ANYWHERE that Galactus is the equal or superior to an average Celestial (let alone Exitar who's among, if not the, most powerful of the Celestial race)?

We've seen Galactus get owned various times, but have the Celestials ever been owned anywhere (not including things like the Infinity Gauntlet or the HotU)?

Just by going from what we've seen in the various "respect" threads, I'm going with Exitar.

Mindset
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=525210&highlight=title:

You made it yourself no expression laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Has it EVER been established ANYWHERE that Galactus is the equal or superior to an average Celestial (let alone Exitar who's among, if not the, most powerful of the Celestial race)?

We've seen Galactus get owned various times, but have the Celestials ever been owned anywhere (not including things like the Infinity Gauntlet or the HotU)?

Just by going from what we've seen in the various "respect" threads, I'm going with Exitar.

Galactus has been subject to horrible, inconsistent, writting on such a frequent basis that, other than the showing against FP Tyrant, he hasnt shown much to indicate that he is superior to them...

That said, he does have the UN (which he can call to his hand at will)...and unless Exitar has some way to defend himself against it, he and every other Celestial loses to Galactus every single time...period.

On a side note, outside of terraform a planet, what exactly has Exitar actually shown to make everyone believe he is so "omfg...ooovar...montyhall...badazz mutha*****r"?

Prep-Man
Exitar.

TheLordofMurder
To everyone who says Exitar, what defense does he have against a non-jobbing Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier against him?

No defense...thats what. There is not a dam thing he could do to keep himself from being blasted out of existence...unless someone has a scan showing the Celestials to be capable of resisting nullification.

So again...until someone has a reasonable solution to Exitar dealing with the UN...Galactus "spite-stomps" him every single time.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
To everyone who says Exitar, what defense does he have against a non-jobbing Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier against him?

No defense...thats what. There is not a dam thing he could do to keep himself from being blasted out of existence...unless someone has a scan showing the Celestials to be capable of resisting nullification.

So again...until someone has a reasonable solution to Exitar dealing with the UN...Galactus "spite-stomps" him every single time.

Exitar grabs the UN and breaks it over Galactus's big head.

Mindship
Aren't the Celestials Eternity's kids?
And isn't Galactus on par with Eternity?
And hasn't Galactus been used/shown too frequently, which is why he's become the biggest jobber in the MU?

Galactus wins cuz he's the goddamn Galactus.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Mindship
Aren't the Celestials Eternity's kids?
And isn't Galactus on par with Eternity?
And hasn't Galactus been used/shown too frequently, which is why he's become the biggest jobber in the MU?

Galactus wins cuz he's the goddamn Galactus.

they last Eternal arch says that Celestial is created by the Fulcrum..
Galactus is no where near Eternity in term of power..he is only equal in term of status..

as for this fight..Exitar easily..he's more powerful that the entire 4th Celestial host..

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Translation: "I, Prep-Man, have no logical answer to the question of how Exitar is able to deal with the problem of being blasted into oblivion by the Ultimate Nullifier...thus my answer will be stupid and nonsenical."

So please people, give me a scan that demostrates how "omfg p0wirfool" Exitar is (and any abstract level being...hell any CUBE level being...should be able to replicate that terraforming feat with ease; thats another problem with the inconsistency in Marvel Comics...Arishem should have been able to terraform that planet with a thought if the Celestials are as "all-mighty" as people believe they are...what did he need Exitar for??) and give me a Celestial showing that demostrates their ability to resist nullification...

Otherwise, you all who say Exitar in either senario have no real argument...your only argument is "because Exitar is omg more powerful than Galactus so he wins."

Which is a crap, BS, argument as Exitar has no defense against a non jobbing Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier against him...

I see some of you are not well versed in the art of debate; some of you answers only go so far as "character 'a' owns." And thats the seemingly extent of your debating ability...

So please, tell me how Exitar deals with being nullified or retract your flawed stance on the issue...

Kid Kurdy
Translation: "I, Prep-Man, have no logical answer to the question of how Exitar is able to deal with the problem of being blasted into oblivion by the Ultimate Nullifier...thus my answer will be stupid and nonsenical."

So please people, give me a scan that demostrates how "omfg p0wirfool" Exitar is (and any abstract level being...hell any CUBE level being...should be able to replicate that terraforming feat with ease; thats another problem with the inconsistency in Marvel Comics...Arishem should have been able to terraform that planet with a thought if the Celestials are as "all-mighty" as people believe they are...what did he need Exitar for??) and give me a Celestial showing that demostrates their ability to resist nullification...

Otherwise, you all who say Exitar in either senario have no real argument...your only argument is "because Exitar is omg more powerful than Galactus so he wins."

Which is a crap, BS, argument as Exitar has no defense against a non jobbing Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier against him...

I see some of you are not well versed in the art of debate; some of you answers only go so far as "character 'a' owns." And thats the seemingly extent of your debating ability...

So please, tell me how Exitar deals with being nullified or retract your flawed stance on the issue...
So basically you are saying Galactus needs a fancy weapon, without it he stands no chance against Exitar ?

If so, I agree.

Daredevil1
The Big G power level varies drastically on his hunger.

Some days he captures Pheonix against her will and starts feeding off of her(G only lets her go because he notices the stars start dying.) Or some days the Thing gives him pause.

The Celestial have had problems with Thor to even there counter power Sue Richards and were owned by Phoenix once IIRC.

Omega Vision

You made it yourself no expression
You know you're dumb when Tyrant owns you. laughing out loud evil face

Gecko4lif
Didnt galactus ***** 2 celestials at the same time?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Didnt galactus ***** 2 celestials at the same time?
I don't recall such an instance, but then I don't read many comics featuring Galactus.

Colossus-Big C
he was fight two celestials and messed them up

those two celstials are average celestials
the 4th host is the most powerful of the celestials
exitar can solo the 4th host easily

also thor at the time he fought exitar was ope
arting above skyfather level

cdtm
...its not a contest in either senario; Galactus has the Ultimate Nullifier...

The Nullifier isn't something he usually carries around, so it wouldn't apply to scenerio 1.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You know you're dumb when Tyrant owns you. laughing out loud evil face

Daaaaamn! laughing

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Then Galactus recreates it with a thought (like he did in Abraxas arc), smacks Exitar down, and nullifies him.

vansonbee
Originally posted by cdtm
Daaaaamn! laughing eek!

galactusischere
Galactus in both scenarios IMO.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by cdtm
The Nullifier isn't something he usually carries around, so it wouldn't apply to scenerio 1.

Ah...but Galactus can call the nullifier to his hand at will...as he did in the Abraxas arc...so yeah, using the UN appies whenever Galactus is serious and not jobbing.

As for Kid Kurdy; the Ultimate Nullifier is as aspect of Galactus himself...thus its a direct extension of his power...but I am guessing you didnt know that.

Colossus-Big C
with prep, exitar makes a deal with oblivion
thus he comes back right after nullification
or he gets the CN

TheTyrant
Then Galactus restarts Oblivion and makes Oblivion and Exitar his bitches.

zopzop
Originally posted by Daredevil1
The Big G power level varies drastically on his hunger.

That's correct he's been owned by the likes of Thor and Odin. Stalemated by Ego, punked by Tyrant, and beaten into submission by Aegis and Tenebrous.

None of the above mentioned beings would even threaten, let alone defeat, the least of the Celestials.

This is absolutely wrong. Rachel Summers, who was the Phoenix Avatar at the time, WILLINGLY submitted herself to Galactus stating that a battle between them would destroy the very world she was there to protect.

And he wasn't killing the Phoenix or Rachel, he was separating the Phoenix from it's Host (and only because she willingly submitted herself to the process), the only casualty was Creation itself as Death made this clear on panel. Galactus even stated that he feeds on worlds to survive but Phoenix would consume all existence. Death said he was correct but from that destruction, the Phoenix would bring about new life.

The Celestials have NEVER been owned. EVER. Not including the Infinity Gauntlet or the HotU or the U.N.

Arshiem withstood an attack by the 3 most powerful skyfathers without flinching! He didn't move or even acknowledge them. Then in retaliation he threatened to obliterate the portals connecting their worlds to Earth if they didn't submit. Next panel they were kneeling before him like insects. Considering Odin and Thor have made Galactus flee with his tail between his legs, this is quite a feat.

Gecko4lif
Full power tyrant would beatdown just about any celestial.

galactusischere
That's correct he's been owned by the likes of Thor and Odin. Stalemated by Ego, punked by Tyrant, and beaten into submission by Aegis and Tenebrous.

None of the above mentioned beings would even threaten, let alone defeat, the least of the Celestials.

Thor 'defeated' a hungry (he was about to feed) and exhausted (he was in battle with Ego) Galactus in a comic that is now nearly 40 years old.

When did Odin own Galactus? I like to see scans of this. You might be talking about the time where Odin mentioned him and talked about his origins... The battle was never explained and the context never shown. We don't know what he did, what allies he had, etc.

Galactus defeated Ego the first time they fought and had to retreat against mad Ego (their battle was too even and Galactus feared for the universe/Ego defeated 2 Celestials in Exiles, IIRC I also saw a few scans of Ego holding his own against 2 Celestials for a while (a completely different instance than the one mentioned before)), FP Tyrant can defeat pretty much any no name Celestial on his own, and T&A together can take down Exitar without a doubt - There's no way that Exitar is defeating to fed Galactus level beings on his own.

She willingly gave herself up because she knew that she would not be able to defeat Galactus and thus save her friends.

He was killing the Phoenix Force.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66496/1233261-f2bj2_super.jpg
"My essence is bonded to your spirit."

and

http://img136.imageshack.us/i/ohotmu34.jpg/
In the Bibliography part: "Excalibur #25 (warned Galactus not to slay Phoenix II)

Now in this scan: http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/Excalibur_025_-_20.jpg

Roma clearly said that separating Rachel from the Force was impossible,
due to the fact that the Phoenix at that time had fully bonded itself with Rachel Summers. Rachel was Phoenix and Phoenix Rachel.
Galactus was going to destroy her and the Phoenix Force.

Galactus ate Tiamut in Black Celestial Arc.

Dr. Doom with Galactus' power one-shotted Odin in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine #11. Yea, let's see a highly weakened and exhausted Celestial own Thor. Thor was actually doing farely well against a non-weakend Arishem relatively to how he was doing against Galactus before the God Blast was used on him.

kgkg
Originally posted by galactusischere
Dr. Doom with Galactus' power one-shotted Odin in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine #11. Yea, let's see a highly weakened and exhausted Celestial own Thor. Thor was actually doing farely well against a non-weakend Arishem relatively to how he was doing against Galactus before the God Blast was used on him. When have you seen a Celestial weakened they don't operate at different scale of power like Galactus.

If I recall Three Sky father attacking didn't even phase Arishem.

Galactus and Exitar are pretty evenl if Galactus is well fed.

zopzop
Thor 'defeated' a hungry (he was about to feed) and exhausted (he was in battle with Ego) Galactus in a comic that is now nearly 40 years old.

When did Odin own Galactus? I like to see scans of this. You might be talking about the time where Odin mentioned him and talked about his origins... The battle was never explained and the context never shown. We don't know what he did, what allies he had, etc.

Galactus defeated Ego the first time they fought and had to retreat against mad Ego (their battle was too even and Galactus feared for the universe/Ego defeated 2 Celestials in Exiles, IIRC I also saw a few scans of Ego holding his own against 2 Celestials for a while (a completely different instance than the one mentioned before)), FP Tyrant can defeat pretty much any no name Celestial on his own, and T&A together can take down Exitar without a doubt - There's no way that Exitar is defeating to fed Galactus level beings on his own.

That's the thing isn't it? There is NO time when the Celestials are "weak" because they need to "feed". A) There is no proof Tyrant can do anything worthwhile to a Celestial B) Same with Aegis and Tenebrous C) That remains to be seen.

The Celestials have NEVER been humiliated the way Galactus has. EVER.

You are showing scans from separate instances. The issue with the Force and Rachel conversing takes place LATER then events in Excalibur 25. She WILLINGLY submitted herself to the process. She even told Nova to watch her mouth because her boss knew better than to brag (about the fact that she was submitting to Galactus).

The very same Galactus that was altered by Tiamut's power (He "dreamed" him changed, was the exact quote given in the comic). He was Tiamut's living bomb to so speak.

Gratz to Galactus for being able to "one shot" a single skyfather!

Celestials don't get "weak" like Galactus does. In what issue was Thor "doing well" vs Arshiem?

galactusischere
Originally posted by kgkg
When have you seen a Celestial weakened they don't operate at different scale of power like Galactus.

If I recall Three Sky father attacking didn't even phase Arishem.

Galactus and Exitar are pretty evenl if Galactus is well fed.

I'm just saying that a weakened Celestial (as in just had the fight of hs lifei) wouldn't fare much better against a powerful God Blast than Galactus.

I didn't disagree with that. Arishem was tanking the Sky-Father's blasts without any apparent damage.

I agree with Exitar being in well-fed Galactus' league... But judging by zopzop's post, I wouldn't doubt that he thinks Exitar would stomp any Galactus.

Johnny Sorrow
The Celestials have never been shown to peak at any level of power ever. They don't have many feats to their credit either.

kgkg
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
The Celestials have never been shown to peak at any level of power ever. They don't have many feats to their credit either. Are U serious?

Colossus-Big C
fp tyrant can beat celestials
ego has took on a load of celestials at once
tenebrouce and aegis are also uber

galactus fighting these are no way low showings
theres tons of guys on galactus level and above around....

kgkg
fp tyrant can beat celestials
ego has took on a load of celestials at once

lol at fp tyrant beating Celestials
Ego took on Celestials in a non cannon book.

Johnny Sorrow
Are U serious?

Yes. If you don't agree, prove me wrong.

kgkg
Yes. If you don't agree, prove me wrong. Which part.

Johnny Sorrow
Which part.

Name Celestials feats that surpass those of Galactus and show me examples when the Celestials have reached the limits of their powers.

galactusischere
That's the thing isn't it? There is NO time when the Celestials are "weak" because they need to "feed". A) There is no proof Tyrant can do anything worthwhile to a Celestial B) Same with Aegis and Tenebrous C) That remains to be seen.

The Celestials have NEVER been humiliated the way Galactus has. EVER.

Tiamut was weakened in Black Celestial Arc when Galactus absorbed him. A) I challenge you to post scans of a Celestial taking it to someone as powerful as fully powered Tyrant. B) See A but this time apply to T&A.

I know that they are from different comics. Point is, Phoenix was Rachel and Rachel Phoenix. She willingly submitted herself to Galactus because she knew she wouldn't have defeated Galactus in battle - Just look at how much damage they each have done in battle. Rachel in her fight with Necrom (it was a long drawn out all out going fight) only destroyed one solar system while Galactus and Tyrant's destroyed entire galaxies. Galactus isn't the type to really gloat you know?

I have said this before, Galactus was only tampered hunger-wise. His hunger was only turned insatiable. Tiamut did nothing to increase his power or absorbing capabilities.

K.

They do get weak. See Black Celestial Arc. I'm not sure, but I think it happened in Thor 300 when he withstood Celestial blasts.

kgkg
Name Celestials feats that surpass those of Galactus and Well really tanking attacks of multiple Skyfather at the same time is > Galactus. Celestial were also much more greater that Cube beings.

Galactus at that time wasn't that impressive.

Not sure what your asking here....

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8162/fulcrum2.th.jpg

Here we learn that Celestial can evolve into higher power. - This example why some Celestial are more powerful than others ie. Exitar , Scathan etc

Colossus-Big C
Celestials are responsible for MJJ's Existance

Slaanesh
Name Celestials feats that surpass those of Galactus

a weakened Tiamut was about to turn back time on earth for several billion years..i think that show of mastery over time and space is greater than what Galactus has shown..

kgkg
Originally posted by Slaanesh
a weakened Tiamut was about to turn back time on earth for several billion years..i think that show of mastery over time and space is greater than what Galactus has shown.. No.

Johnny Sorrow
Well really tanking attacks of multiple Skyfather at the same time is > Galactus. Celestial were also much more greater that Cube beings.

udoinitwrong

I already know Galactus jobs like hell. Telling me his low-end feats don't mean anything.

Celestial were also much more greater that Cube beings.

Which doesn't tell me much. The Beyonder was retconned, remember?

Not sure what your asking here....

The Celestials have never met a power that decisively stalemated them (beyond a retconned Beyonder) or performed a feat that drained them of all power. This means their top power is a mystery; it doesn't mean they are more powerful than characters with better high-end feats and worse low-end feats.

That scan shows Tiamat becoming an individual, and that's it.

Bentley
Name Celestials feats that surpass those of Galactus and show me examples when the Celestials have reached the limits of their powers.

Scathan!

zopzop
Tiamut was weakened in Black Celestial Arc when Galactus absorbed him. A) I challenge you to post scans of a Celestial taking it to someone as powerful as fully powered Tyrant. B) See A but this time apply to T&A.

The manner in which he was awakened had something to do with that. Apparently it isn't easy to undo the damage an entire Host of Celestials did to him to imprison him (which was supposedly to last forever).

But that's the thing. The issue where that was from was AFTER the Epic Necrom/Summers Phoenix duel. Rachel went into a coma and the Phoenix was healing her psyche. It was at that fight that the Phoenix was reunited with the essence Necrom stole from it all those centuries ago. And the Rachel/Necrom fight was after Excalibur 25.

Exactly right. This was shown on panel and Rachel stated that if they kept this up, the universe would go bye bye. And she wasn't exaggerating too. Necrom kept upping the odds. First moons, then igniting super giants, then destroying solar systems.

This was never shown on panel, it's kinda like Sentry stalemating Galactus (stated but never shown).

This is just speculation. We don't know what Tiamut did to Galactus. It should also be noted this change to Galactus took place while Tiamut was in his imprisoned state (he was able to manipulate Galactus' physiology even while imprisoned).

Tiamut was recently freed (against the will of the Celestial Host who imprisoned him). Who knows what they managed to do him?

They weren't trying to kill him. He was beneath them. They swatted him away like they did the Unimind. They didn't kill the Unimind just dispersed it. They did pwn the Destroyer armor powered by Odin and all the Gods in Asgard though. And it should be noted that when Odin was creating the Destroyer armor all the other Skyfather's lent a portion of their power to it. So the Celestials toying with it like a cat with a mouse is even more impressive.

kgkg
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow udoinitwrong I already know Galactus jobs like hell. Telling me his low-end feats don't mean anything. Wait so you just want to compare Celestial high end feats to Galactus high end feats?

Who said anything about the beyonder?

Cosmic fights usually don't end in draws... It's either you dominate them or they dominate you.... But Celestial have struggled before... Like the time they contained the Goblin Force.

But we look at both ends we don't just take high end feats and low ends.

On average top Celestial and Galactus are about equal thats how we judge battles.

Cosmic Cube beings insect and tanking Three Sky father< at their prime time> attacks is as good as any high end Galactus feat you can think of.

iceman24567

You made it yourself no expression Just when i thought he couldn't get any worse laughing

Slaanesh
No.

no for what??i never seen Galactus show such mastery over time and space..well..i could be wrong thou cuz i don't read much about Galactus..

Bentley
no for what??i never seen Galactus show such mastery over time and space..well..i could be wrong thou cuz i don't read much about Galactus..

He just needs to think to shape reality, he's capable of seeing through time and being unaffected by time-shifts. (That is if I can recall those scans correctly)

kgkg
no for what??i never seen Galactus show such mastery over time and space..well..i could be wrong thou cuz i don't read much about Galactus.. Even the Surfer has done similar stuff.

Like evolving an entire planet into billions of years.
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5927/silversurferv3104p16li9.jpg
http://ifs3.imageshack.us/img407/3162/silversurferv3104p19fd5.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4633/silversurferv3104p20cv7.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1791/silversurferv3104p21do2.jpg

iceman24567
^Not impressed

Slaanesh
Even the Surfer has done similar stuff.

Like evolving an entire planet into billions of years.

evolving thing has nothing to do with warping time and space..it's completely different..Tiamut wasn't trying to evolve thing..he was warping earth into what it was several billion years ago..

kgkg
evolving thing has nothing to do with warping time and space..it's completely different..Tiamut wasn't trying to evolve thing..he was warping earth into what it was several billion years ago.. What the f**k? It's the same thing is different word.

To go through time and space you are essentially warping space/time. You cannot evolve a planet into billions of years with warping space/time.

How do you think he achieve this than?

Johnny Sorrow
Wait so you just want to compare Celestial high end feats to Galactus high end feats?

I don't want to use low-end Galactus feats that are obviously PIS.

Originally posted by kgkg Who said anything about the beyonder?

The Beyonder is the only cube being I recall meeting the Celestials, and that was before he was considered a cube being.

Originally posted by kgkg But Celestial have struggled before... Like the time they contained the Goblin Force.

Alternate universe.

Originally posted by kgkg On average top Celestial and Galactus are about equal thats how we judge battles.

Cosmic Cube beings insect and tanking Three Sky father< at their prime time> attacks is as good as any high end Galactus feat you can think of.

And Galactus can't tank skyfather blasts? Show me Exitar teleporting a galaxy in an extremely weakened state. Or tanking blasts that destroy star systems. Has a Celestial fought anyone on the level of the In-betweener or Agamotto or the Sphinx?

Slaanesh
What the f**k? It's the same thing is different word.

To go through time and space you are essentially warping space/time. You cannot evolve a planet into billions of years with warping space/time.

How do you think he achieve this than?

it's not the same thing..

yes you can..it's call reality warping..u can change reality however u like it..isn't warping time and space == reality warping..

zopzop
I don't want to use low-end Galactus feats that are obviously PIS.

But it's not just a single instance. It's happened so many times that you got to believe the writers are trying to tell us Galactus really isn't all that powerful.

In a Fantastic Four Annual, both Kubik and Kosmos (the Beyonder + Molecule Man) meet and admit the unamed Celestial is "levels of power above their own" and then they were in fear for their lives because it was about to judge them. Both of them were as nothing to this no name Celestial and they are full Cube Beings.

Yup the "Mutant X" universe.

Galactus was stalemating the Inbetweener in our Universe and was so occupied with him that they couldn't resist the pull of a nearby black hole. The Inbetweener stated that now they were about to approach the place where he was at the height of his power, the black hole (the space inbetween universes). Galactus was saved when the Surfer/Nova/FF sucked them through the black hole and allowed Order and Chaos to deal with the Inbetweener.

The Agamotto fight was impressive but they later admitted that they aren't at their full potential unless they form the Vishanti.

Sphinx, really?

kgkg
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow I don't want to use low-end Galactus feats that are obviously PIS. Neither do I but we can't ignore all of his showing because fans don't like it.

Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow The Beyonder is the only cube being I recall meeting the Celestials, and that was before he was considered a cube being. Kubik was talking about the Celestial that's what I'm referring to here. He said that Cube beings are like nothing when compared to the Celestials.

The same Cube beings who wrapped an entire Universe , the same cube beings like postretcon Beyonder who was a threat to the entire Multi-Verse when he was battling Molecule Man.

Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow And Galactus can't tank skyfather blasts? Show me Exitar teleporting a galaxy in an extremely weakened state. Or tanking blasts that destroy star systems. Has a Celestial fought anyone on the level of the In-betweener or Agamotto or the Sphinx? When has Galactus tanked Skyfather level attacks without ease. Skyfather attacks have destroyed Galaxies , have shook the Multiverse.

kgkg
it's not the same thing..

yes you can..it's call reality warping..u can change reality however u like it..isn't warping time and space == reality warping.. Reality warping > Space/Time warping. So I don't know what your getting at.

So the lowest of a feat it could be is Space/Time warping.

Slaanesh
Reality warping > Space/Time warping. So I don't know what your getting at.

So the lowest of a feat it could be is Space/Time warping.

so..i'm gonna say what Tiamut did was reality warping..Galactus never did anything like that rite??

kgkg
so..i'm gonna say what Tiamut did was reality warping..Galactus never did anything like that rite?? You were saying space/time warping at the beginning. But I can't remember did it says Tiamut was reality warping the earth because that would make it a much better feat.

I don't see why what Tiamut did is beyond Galactus's power.

Slaanesh
You were saying space/time warping at the beginning. But I can't remember did it says Tiamut was reality warping the earth because that would make it a much better feat.

I don't see why what Tiamut did is beyond Galactus's power.

i said space/time because i thought it was the same thing as reality warping..i'm not sure also of what Tiamut did..i just said it was reality warping cuz u said it was better than space/time warping stick out tongue

i'm not saying Galactus can't do that..i was just showing that Celestial has feat of reality warping that is better than Galactus..

kgkg
i said space/time because i thought it was the same thing as reality warping..i'm not sure also of what Tiamut did..i just said it was reality warping cuz u said it was better than space/time warping stick out tongue

i'm not saying Galactus can't do that..i was just showing that Celestial has feat of reality warping that is better than Galactus.. ohh ok big grin

Well Galatus teleported an entire Galaxy will that do?
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5514/glaxy.th.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Galactus could nullify Exitar and every single member of the 4th host with a single attack; hell he could annihilate the entire universe with a single attack (which includes Eternity and every single Abstract, Celestial, Cube Being, Elder God, and Skyfather inside it)...

The nullifier is an extension of Galactus's power people...please try and remember that.

If we are considering the "VERY BEST" that each character can do in regards to what they could do to each other in combat then the rest of you guys argument is pointless as its clear that Galactus one-shots Exitar...

Non-BS'ing, non-jobbing, Galactus every single time with ease over Exitar; The big G "spite-stomps" him...

Slaanesh
ohh ok big grin

Well Galatus teleported an entire Galaxy will that do?
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5514/glaxy.th.jpg

pfttt..Reed Richard with prep can do that..nothing impressive there uhuh

but seriously..that is an awesome feat..i think Celestial doesn't have teleportation feat like that..

galactusischere
The manner in which he was awakened had something to do with that. Apparently it isn't easy to undo the damage an entire Host of Celestials did to him to imprison him (which was supposedly to last forever).

So they can get weakened. Just not the same way as Galactus.

No matter. The Galactus-Rachel fight that happened in Excalibur 61 (after Necrom's death in 51) and in the fight the full Phoenix Force (as you said) could barely defeat a hungry Galactus that was minding his own business.

Which is good enough. Thanos said it in a narration and usually narration = truth. As for Sentry stalemating Galactus, only Spiderman has said it with Nate Grey later confirming it (Nate Grey was helping Sentry) in dialogue boxes - But anyways, that doesn't really seem unlikely to me at all considering all of Galactus' defeats when hungry.

All Tiamut did was take away Galactus' ability to stop himself from feeding. This was/is still well within Galactus' power,
it's just that Galactus chooses not to eat all reality because it's not in his interest. This is why Galactus eats only one planet at a time,
which is just enough to keep him stable for the moment, but Galactus has proven he can go on and devour far more, he's been seen eating Mephisto's realm (a pocket universe), he's been seen feeding on the infinite energies of Hyperstorm, and he's already been seen as having the right to erase the Phoenix Force itself from existence.

Exactly. Same thing for Galactus. He was swatting Thor away like a fly with no intention of killing him.

Colossus-Big C
i think it was void sentry fighting galactus.

it isnt a low showing, sentry is probably near abstract level, look what he did to molecule man sentry is above kube being level

zopzop
So they can get weakened. Just not the same way as Galactus.

No that's the thing. They can't be weakened. What happened to Tiamut was unheard of in Celestial history. He was "jumped" by his own crew, his energy removed and locked in a key, and imprisoned forever. Celestials don't weaken or get hungry like Galactus does. What happened to Tiamut is unique to him.

It wasn't trying to kill him. Just drive him away from the already dead planet it was trying to "save". Less than her have had Galactus in fear for his life.

That's always the excuse, he's hungry. Every single time over these past, what, 40 years. He's been owned over and over. We've never seen Galactus do anything like what Thanos said in his fight vs Tyrant (he "teleported a galaxy once" in the ROM series but nothing approaching that ever again). If anything Thanos was indulging in hyperbole.

We don't know what Tiamut did to Galactus while Tiamut was imprisoned.

Eating "pocket dimensions" is meaningless, we don't know how large said dimensions are. In fact back in the 89 edition of the Handbook of the Marvel Universe, it showed the 9 worlds of Norse tradition as being more or less the size of the Earth. And this was 9 "pocket dimensions" : muspel, niffelhiem, asgard, etc...

Yeah he can "erase her" (never shown on panel, at worst he was killing Rachel Summers by separating her from the Phoenix) using his tech and only when she submitted herself to it. Nice feat. It's like Tito Ortiz allowing me to pummel him with a hammer without fighting back or defending himself. Not really much of a feat now is it?

What? In what issue? The Thor/Galactus fight I'm talking about is when Thor used his Godblast to make Galactus flee or die.

Colossus-Big C
hercules with zeus power is going to fight a hungry galactus in october

zopzop
hercules with zeus power is going to fight a hungry galactus in october

I sense Galactus is gonna get humiliated yet again. Sad really, he's a being older than this entire universe, getting smacked around by lowlife losers. Oh well.

Colossus-Big C
hercules is a low life loser?
you do know mikaboshi is also older than the universe right?
like the GEB from DC , mikaboshi is the void that came before creation and is plotting to destroy all reality back to that

Power Cosmic II
No that's the thing. They can't be weakened. What happened to Tiamut was unheard of in Celestial history. He was "jumped" by his own crew, his energy removed and locked in a key, and imprisoned forever. Celestials don't weaken or get hungry like Galactus does. What happened to Tiamut is unique to him.they don't have his ability to geometrically increase his strength and power either. it goes both ways.

that's comics. almost ever low-end feat for Galactus is explained away by his being hungry or starving or near death. There's no getting around the issue as that is the plot device used for the story. And the hunger of galactus is one of most convenient plot devices for a writer; if the heroes need to win, then make galactus hungry. If the universe needs to be saved, then have Galactus strong. etc.

we know tiamut tampered with his hunger, that is it. It was stated on panel that he manipulated specifically his hunger. It's also quite telling that to enact his plan, Tiamut had to use an instrument more capable than himself. And if you argue Galactus wasn't more capable, then why would Tiamut have not done it himself?

Further to the point, when has any single celestial (aside from scathan, who was never seen again) fought a being as powerful as Galactus? Who? What issue? What was the outcome?

The burden of proof is on you, since there are no feats of this regard.

kgkg
pfttt..Reed Richard with prep can do that..nothing impressive there uhuh

but seriously..that is an awesome feat..i think Celestial doesn't have teleportation feat like that.. Yep it's awesome.

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
they don't have his ability to geometrically increase his strength and power either. it goes both ways.

Yes in their favor. They may not be able to "geometrically increase their power" (we dont' even know that as a fact by the way) but at least they aren't getting pwned by Thor's Godblasts or being chased off by Odin.

He's failed epically (like the other abstracts) when it really counted (Infinity Gems and the HotU). During the Infinity War he was just sorta their as Magus was making fools of him and the Earth heroes with 5 measly cosmic cubes.

No we know a little more than that. It was stated on panel that Tiamut "dreamed him whole but changed". A bound, comatose Tiamut healed and altered Galactus' physiology. That's more a feat in Tiamut's favor than anything else.

Tiamut used Galactus as his patsy. He was to destroy the universe (and then himself) leaving only Tiamut and his mountain prison as the only survivors, which Tiamut would then recreate the universe with him as God. Why would Tiamut basically kamikazee himself when he had a living bomb in Galactus, a living bomb which HE created.

Check the Celestial Respect Thread. Scathan pwned the Protege who was greater than the Tribunal. Tiamut rose to true Godhood at the end of the Eternals arc. The Fulcrum (aka Jack Kirby) stated that he's seen other Celestials evolve to greater positions of power but Tiamut broke free of his programming and became the Fulcrum's equal.

We've seen Arshiem tank 3 angry Skyfathers and not even flinch. We've seen the Odin + all Asgard Destroyer do nothing against them and be melted into slag (in the Atlantis Attacks Thor Annual, Thor even stated the the Destroyer was probably capable of killing Galactus). We've seen Kubik and Kosmos (****two full Cube Beings) fear for their lives when an UNNAMED Celestial was about to pass judgment on them (they stated that the Celestials were several magnitudes greater than them in power).

****Check and see what Magus was able to do with 5 Cosmic Cubes during the Infinity War.

TheTyrant
We've seen Arshiem tank 3 angry Skyfathers and not even flinch. We've seen the Odin + all Asgard Destroyer do nothing against them and be melted into slag (in the Atlantis Attacks Thor Annual, Thor even stated the the Destroyer was probably capable of killing Galactus). We've seen Kubik and Kosmos (****two full Cube Beings) fear for their lives when an UNNAMED Celestial was about to pass judgment on them (they stated that the Celestials were several magnitudes greater than them in power).

We've also seen Arishem get a hole blown through him by the Odin Sword. We've seen Doom with Galactus' power destroy Odin and Asgardian army + earth. We've seen alt reality Galacti hold off several Celestials. We've seen Ego hold off two named Celestials (I'm not talking about Super Ego, a canon story I think) by himself for a period of time. We've seen Galactus feed on Hyperspace. We've been told that Galactus is capable of destroying both negative and positive universes (guess who resides in the universes). We've seen THOTI kill Celestials, but not Galactus even though he was just near the front lines.

Kubik also said that Galactus was one of the greatest powers in the known reality - On par with the likes of Eternity (who is the creator of the Celestials).

What did he do exactly? He blasted Galactus, destroyed his ship, sent Galactus to Mistress Death's realm and back when Galactus was off guard and had his defenses down. Galactus > 5 PRE-MATURE Cubes. A pre-mature cube > a mature cube such as Kubik.

TheLordofMurder
LoL!!

After all this time, NO ONE has a solution to Exitar (or any Celestial) dealing with being annihilated by a non-BS'ing, non-jobbing, Galactus with the Ultimate Nullifier...

I think its safe to say that there is no counter-argument to this and that I have won this particular debate...

Prep-Man
I sense Galactus is gonna get humiliated yet again. Sad really, he's a being older than this entire universe, getting smacked around by lowlife losers. Oh well.

That's my bet. Galactus is one big jobber.

TheLordofMurder
Galactus is often horribly written and jobs frequently in the comics, but that said...without PIS/CIS...Galactus one shots Exitar every single time. smile

Colossus-Big C
who has galactus jobbed to?

Utrigita

Marvel Earth Heroes for starters.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Utrigita
Marvel Earth Heroes for starters. Being that has potential to become abstracts.

So good feat for Galactus to be jobbed by us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Colossus-Big C
Marvel Earth Heroes for starters. besides that, but theres earth beings that are abstract level though

Johnny Sorrow

...everybody.

janus77
Galactus wins.

Colossus-Big C
...everybody. that sounds like some fanboy comment.

besides marvel earth, who does galactus job too??

TheTyrant
that sounds like some fanboy comment.

Thor and Ego.

Colossus-Big C
Thor and Ego. Ego has took on multiple celestials at a time on many occasions, and was fighting a super ego that all the celestials had to jump in to help him.

Utrigita
that sounds like some fanboy comment.

Would you like a entire list of the characters in question with attached issue number?

I believe that in 80% of the cases where Galactus have been jobbing Earths Heroes have somehow been involved, It have been shown exactly what would happen to Earth on three occasions what would happen if Galactus came with intent of destroying earth, in every scenario earth died. It doesn't look any different from the Celestials though, the second Earths "mighty" heroes gets involved the abstracts must fall.

kgkg
Ego has took on multiple celestials at a time on many occasions, and was fighting a super ego that all the celestials had to jump in to help him. Not 616.

Colossus-Big C
Would you like a entire list of the characters in question with attached issue number?

I believe that in 80% of the cases where Galactus have been jobbing Earths Heroes have somehow been involved, It have been shown exactly what would happen to Earth on three occasions what would happen if Galactus came with intent of destroying earth, in every scenario earth died. It doesn't look any different from the Celestials though, the second Earths "mighty" heroes gets involved the abstracts must fall. besides marvel earth heros

Colossus-Big C
Not 616. confused yes it was

kgkg
confused yes it was Did you read it? It wasn't.

Colossus-Big C
Did you read it? It wasn't. hes fought celestials on 2-3 other occasions , one of them was in a high evolutionary comic

zopzop
We've also seen Arishem get a hole blown through him by the Odin Sword.

If you READ the issue where this occured, you'd realize the Arshiem ALLOWED the sword to pass through him so he could analyze it's odd structure. Once he was done with it (it only took him a split second to understand it's alien nature), he destroyed it and the curse that surrounded it (something thought to be impossible to do by a being as powerful as Odin).

What reality? The Paradise/Earth X one? Because that wasn't Galactus that was an adult Franklin Richards.

Where was it stated that Galactus can destroy anything on a universal scale without the Nullifier? Hell ANYONE with the Nullifier can destroy a universe. That's not a feat in his favor.

The origin of the Celestials keeps getting retconned every few years or so. Currently it has them as agents of the Fulcrum. No one really knows who or what made them.

5 immature cubes PWNed him and the Earth heroes (on or off guard, they killed Galactus). 2 Full Cubes were in fear for their lives vs an UNNAMED Celestial. Where are you getting your info from, that states immature Cubes > full Cube Beings?

Utrigita
besides marvel earth heros

Silver Surfer, Thanos, Infinity Watch, Tyrant (imo), HE, Beta Ray Bill, Ego, Terrax, The Elders ...

kgkg
hes fought celestials on 2-3 other occasions , one of them was in a high evolutionary comic Wtf are you talking about the only time I have seen Ego battle the Celestials was in Exiles.

When did Ego every beat a Celestial other than Exile? He didn't

Colossus-Big C
Wtf are you talking about the only time I have seen Ego battle the Celestials was in Exiles.

When did Ego every beat a Celestial other than Exile? He didn't yes he has. on 3 different seperate occasions

kgkg
yes he has. on 3 different seperate occasions Name them. Issue #? scans? Anything?

Colossus-Big C
Name them. Issue #? scans? Anything? yes
Thor I
theres two more i'll have to dig through to find the comic

Colossus-Big C
what people dont understand is that theres Tons of people on galactus level and above.....
every time he has a hard fight, some says galactus is jobbing. the guy is not god

kgkg
yes
Thor I
theres two more i'll have to dig through to find the comic That's not really helpful I asked you when did ego fight Celestial... be more specific.

Colossus-Big C
That's not really helpful I asked you when did ego fight Celestial... be more specific. rageofolympus knows the issue numbers.

janus77
what people dont understand is that theres Tons of people on galactus level and above.....
every time he has a hard fight, some says galactus is jobbing. the guy is not god
no he's not god, he's a great deal more powerful than that.

Galactus must job. else every story ends with the protagonist inside Galactus' belly.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by janus77
no he's not god, he's a great deal more powerful than that. ?

janus77
?

Colossus-Big C
erm

janus77
see previous reply.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by janus77
see previous reply. hes a great deal more powerful than toaa?

janus77
The Celestial? sure.

Galactus > Celestials, imo.
Celestial's work for the Fulcrum, as a race they do pretty much the same thing Galactus does on his own.

TheTyrant
If you READ the issue where this occured, you'd realize the Arshiem ALLOWED the sword to pass through him so he could analyze it's odd structure. Once he was done with it (it only took him a split second to understand it's alien nature), he destroyed it and the curse that surrounded it (something thought to be impossible to do by a being as powerful as Odin).

I've READ the issue. Arishem only allowed the OS to be thrown at him. He didn't allow it to pass through his body.

Earth X. Richards assumed he was Galactus and thus he became Galactus with only Galactus's power, not anybody else's.

Annihilation. Annihilus said it when they had Galactus captive.

Fulcrum is an aspect of Eternity.

They didn't "pwn" Galactus. They only destroyed his ship and sent him to his 'sibling's' realm - Galactus was unhurt and was capable of ressurecting himself and rebuilding his ship. When did two cubes have the fight of their lives against a Celestial? I would like to see scans of this.

Feats of immature Cube beings are superior to the more mature Cubes.. Such as universe and micro-verse creating.

TheTyrant
Wtf are you talking about the only time I have seen Ego battle the Celestials was in Exiles.

When did Ego every beat a Celestial other than Exile? He didn't

Actually, Galactusischere and Colossus Big-C are correct. Two named Celestials fought Ego in "The Living Planet" series - Second issue.

kgkg
Actually, Galactusischere and Colossus Big-C are correct. Two named Celestials fought Ego in "The Living Planet" series - Second issue. Yes and that was in Exiles like I said. Non-Canon.

TheTyrant
Yes and that was in Exiles like I said. Non-Canon.

No. Exiles was Super Ego. This wasn't Super Ego.

kgkg
No. Exiles was Super Ego. This wasn't Super Ego. I really can't recall do have any scans or issue number when this occurred?

TheTyrant
I really can't recall do have any scans or issue number when this occurred?

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/0203tf4.jpg/

Sr J-Bieb
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/0203tf4.jpg/
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=24421

kgkg
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/0203tf4.jpg/ Ya like Bran posted... It's Exile.

zopzop
I've READ the issue. Arishem only allowed the OS to be thrown at him. He didn't allow it to pass through his body.

Good grief, YES HE DID. Can someone post the scans? I still can't yet, I can't even post links yet sad

Scans please? Because Franklin Richards is no slouch in the power department. When Abraxas killed Galactus, it was Franklin and his sister that rezzed him.

So then it's meaningless hyperbole.

No he isn't. What issue are you getting this from?

Galactus WAS DEAD. D E A D, dead. That's why he was rezzing himself. You don't resurrect unless you're dead. And Dr, Strange had to occupy Death before she attempted to do anything to stop him.

So basically it's never stated and you're just assuming. Got it.

zopzop
Yes and that was in Exiles like I said. Non-Canon.

PS, why isn't Exiles canon? Is it a "What If" universe?

Power Cosmic II
Yes in their favor. They may not be able to "geometrically increase their power" (we dont' even know that as a fact by the way) but at least they aren't getting pwned by Thor's Godblasts or being chased off by Odin. Galactus' power increases exponentially the more he feeds. That is a fact. If you are aruging whether it is unknown whether the celestials can do the same, the point is moot since they have never demonstrated so and have never been described as having the ability. Thor's Godblast hit a weakened Galactus after fighting Ego. Current Galactus is substantially stronger than his Silver Aged counterpart...the fact that you have to go back literally sixty years in continuity to even pin point a low showing to compare against the celestials speaks volumes.

yet he succeeded in ending the annihilation war and preventing the proemial gods from taking over the universe in its infancy. Why do you even bother to mention Galactus losing to the 2 most powerful objects in the history of comic books...it does nothing for your position.

He altered his hunger. Thanos cloned Galactus' DNA in infinity Abyss (or sometime before that story). The elders tampered with his physiology when Galactus devoured them. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

This is a weak argument at best. He tampered with Galactus' hunger, yet at the same time didn't want to get devoured by his own work, despite eventually being devoured anyway?

You don't use a proxy if you are able to do it yourself. Will Eternity use the Infinity Gauntlet to destroy a universe? If he does, what does that say about Eternity?

I don't need to check the respect thread. I've read the books in question and need not refer to scans; perhaps you do. Scathan is an aberration and has never reappeared since then. Scathan is at least on par with the Living Tribunal. Which is why i said "aside from scathan." Since you mentioned him you will quickly find that on KMC using scathan is frowned upon since he is portrayed as LT's equal or superior and no other celestial has even come close to that or has been seen since.

All you have is Arishem tanking 3 skyfather blasts. That's it. The destroyer armor hacked off gammenon (or whatever celestial it was, maybe ziran)'s arm and it regrew. That was it. It was literally a gang bang. Hardly impressive on the part of the celestials.

In-Betweener>>>>3 skyfathers. Full Power Tyrant>>>>the destroyer armor with odin and others animating it. None of the celestials has ever faced a being like Galactus one on one. Not ever. Arishem tanking a blast from 3 sky fathers is well and good...Galactus sustained a blast from Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

And even after praising the celestials, kubik and kosmos **did not** include them among the "great powers" of the universe. They did include Galactus, however, amongst the great powers.

check and see what Galactus did after Magus did that with FIVE cosmic cubes. Check what Galactus did to Eternity, after Magus KO'd Eternity with FIVE cosmic cubes.

kgkg
PS, why isn't Exiles canon? Is it a "What If" universe? Exiles it self is not necessarily non-canon but almost every single story resolves around alternate universes and realities. Characters in those realities are not the same as their 616 counterpart. This makes them no-canon to their 616 counterpart.

When we argue character here anything other than 616 is considered non-canon because characters differ in power in alternate universe<there are exception like the Living Tribunal>. In Exile the main characters jump from one reality to another.

Colossus-Big C
that was 616 ego in 616 uniberse its wasnt a alternate in that book

Power Cosmic II
Good grief, YES HE DID. Can someone post the scans? I still can't yet, I can't even post links yet sad

Scans please? Because Franklin Richards is no slouch in the power department. When Abraxas killed Galactus, it was Franklin and his sister that rezzed him. Good grief man...you haven't read the comics and now I know you're debating based off of scans. Galactus was killed by his own machines in the Galactus the Devourer series...Abraxas never touched him. Franklin burned out all of his powers (only recently they're starting to come back) when he resurrected Galactus, and he couldn't even do it without valeria's help. That's impressive on franklin's part but that speaks equally to the scope of power necessary to revive Galactus as much as it speaks to franklin's mutant abilities.

Now you're exposed as someone who debates without reading the comics in question. Annihilus' entire plan hinged on detonating Galactus and destroying the 616 universe and the negative zone in 1 blast. that was literally his entire reason for invading. That is hardly hyperbole.

And he resurrected himself. Are you saying it's a low-end feat to be killed by the power of 5 cosmic cubes, only to reconstitute oneself? When has any single celestial been attacked with the same power? 3 sky father blasts? a swipe of the odin sword from the destroyer armor?

kgkg
that was 616 ego in 616 uniberse its wasnt a alternate in that book http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/mintkiller/facepalm.jpg
So like I original thought you didn't even read the book at all

Colossus-Big C
to be fair odin did better againts thanos than a cube being did

zopzop
Galactus' power increases exponentially the more he feeds. That is a fact.

Is it? Where is this stated?

If it happened on panel and hasn't been retconned, it's kosher to use for or against someone.

Wow he pwned Annihilus! It's not like the Fantastic Four hasn't defeated him before. And sadly the blast STILL didn't put down Annihilus.

I'm not holding it against him. Someone posted that Galactus is written stronger when the universe needs him. I just mentioned that he failed epically (LIKE THE OTHER ABSTRACTS) vs the Gauntlet and the HotU.

Cloning someone and ALTERING their PHYSIOLOGY are two separate things. Tiamut literally altered Galactus while Tiamut was IMPRISONED. Galactus couldn't even do anything to stop an IMPRISONED Tiamut from altering his physiology.

The Elders didn't "tamper" with anything. Galactus tried to devour them, but since they can't die, they were inside of him killing him.

The way Eternity jobbs? Yeah he might need the Gauntlet to destroy a universe.

Face it, Tiamut, while IMPRISONED, altered Galactus and Galactus couldn't stop it.

And yet the writers CONFIRMED Scathan's power in the Living Tribunal's bio.

Hardly a gangbang. The Destroyer Armor couldn't do anything to them. NOTHING. Even it's disintegration ray completely failed.

Even if true, he was owned by Dr. Strange by the way, he was on his way to beating Galactus till Nova/Surfer/FF/Elders interfered.

Proof?!

And this has been RETCONNED. So it's meaningless.

Fact still remains 2 complete cubes are FAR FAR LESS than a random unnamed Celestial. I doubt adding 3 more cubes into the equation would change anything.

zopzop
Good grief man...you haven't read the comics and now I know you're debating based off of scans. Galactus was killed by his own machines in the Galactus the Devourer series...Abraxas never touched him. Franklin burned out all of his powers (only recently they're starting to come back) when he resurrected Galactus, and he couldn't even do it without valeria's help. That's impressive on franklin's part but that speaks equally to the scope of power necessary to revive Galactus as much as it speaks to franklin's mutant abilities.

My bad on the Abraxus part, I'm in multiple threads on this forum so it gets confusing. But Galactus DID die, and was rezzed by Franklin and his sister.

But the fact remains Arshiem ALLOWED the Odin Sword to enter his body. As soon as I can post links/upload images I'll do so.

Wrong, I did read the issues but just found the story moronic. Annihilus was having delusions of grandeur if he thought capturing the king of jobbers and using his power to "destroy 2 universes" wasn't a failure from the get go.

When you have Dr. Strange running interference for you yes, yes it is. Two full Cube Beings trembled in fear before a Celestial, 3 more added to the mix wouldn't help matters.

Who knows? Thor mentioned that he thought the Destroyer armor could kill Galactus in the Thor Atlantis Attacks Annual.

Two full Cube Beings were powerless before an unnamed Celestial, that should tell us how they would fair vs 5 immature cubes.

TheTyrant
Scans please? Because Franklin Richards is no slouch in the power department. When Abraxas killed Galactus, it was Franklin and his sister that rezzed him.

Why do you want the scans? They made it clear throughout the story how Franklin became Galactus and how he thought he was him. Abraxas never killed Galactus. Limited knowledge on him right there. Look at Abraxas' respect thread - Galactus was 'killed' by his own machines... He wasn't really killed either, he was only turned into a start that would burn for all eternity. That =/= death in Marvel.

It's not hyperbole if he was actually doing it.

Yes he is. According to at least two sources, Eternity has made the Celestials. According to a more recent source, it was Fulcrum who made them.. There have been no said retcons. Safe to assume that Eternity made Fulcrum and later Fulcrum created them.

Galactus = Eternity > Fulcrum > Tiamut > Exitar

He was only dead because Mistress Death wouldn't allow him to exit her realm. You see, Death wanted to prevent Galactus from rescuing Eternity. If Death hadn't been such a *****, Galactus would have easily tanked the blast like a gentle breeze.

It doesn't have to be stated. Feats > anything else.

Slaanesh
Galactus = Eternity > Fulcrum > Tiamut > Exitar

this is BS..it has been made clear in the infinity gauntlet arch that Eternity power outclass Galactus..all the other abstract like Galactus, Celestial, Chaos, Order and Stranger is Eternity foot soldier..

galactusischere
No that's the thing. They can't be weakened. What happened to Tiamut was unheard of in Celestial history. He was "jumped" by his own crew, his energy removed and locked in a key, and imprisoned forever. Celestials don't weaken or get hungry like Galactus does. What happened to Tiamut is unique to him.

Exactly the point. Galactus can absorb and siphon energy. He can do the same to Tiamut and weaken him like the other Celestials did.

Neither was Galactus. He had just a few issues prior learned of her importance to the universe. The entire Phoenix Force could barely defeat a hungry Galactus.

He's teleported a galaxy in Rom 27, absorbed a black hole and a bunch of planets simultaneously, defeated Mephisto in his realm, stalemated Agamotto in his realm before going all out, was being used to destroy two universes, etc.

How is it hyperbole if he actually says galaxies were destroyed? Narration = truth.

We do know that he wasn't given any extra power. Galactus has proved that he can devour as much energy as he wants (if the energy/being isn't more powerful than him of course), and in that story, he was just devouring and devouring. His hunger was insatiable.

So? Mephisto's realm is hell, not Asgard. You could actually see a bunch of different planets in Mephisto's realm.

Except the hammer isn't a part of you. All of Galactus' tech were created by him using his Power Cosmic. He doesn't even need them (according to Richards), they just make it easier for him to perform a specific task.

What? In what issue? The Thor/Galactus fight I'm talking about is when Thor used his Godblast to make Galactus flee or die.

Thor volume 1 160-161.

Power Cosmic II
Is it? Where is this stated?

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1185/7ca3.jpg

Actually I was wrong earlier it is 40 years, not 60 years, but the gist is still the same. Read up on the rules of the vs. forums-you'll see that in debate threads, these are current incarnations of the characters by default unless otherwise stated. This rule is exists specifically for characters like Thor and Galactus who have varying levels of power and status over the course of multiple decades. The fact that you have to bring up a feat from a clearly weaker version of Galactus from 1969 as opposed to the Galactus of 2010, which is the current version, which is the version used by default in this thread, illustrates my point.

It didn't put down annihilus, Nova, Gamora, Phyla Vell, star lord, etc. etc. for story purposes. It vaporized a watcher in its blast which is already more than any single celestial has demonstrated aside from Exitar who prepped against The One.

Galactus actually survived the opening salvos of the HOTI story...unlike a certain Celestial.

The point is that Galactus' hunger has been tampered with before. What is Tiamut going to do, alter Galactus' hunger such that Galactus consumes him in the first minute? That's actually what happened anyway.

Then you agree that Eternity using the IG is analogous to Tiamut using Galactus. Great.

Timaut, while imprisoned, altered Galactus, and was still eaten. That is what needs to be faced.

So? Have you even looked through the forums and seen how many times scathan is invoked when the discussion involves your "average" Celestial? Using scathan, a 1-trick pony that has never been seen since, as evidence of what your everyday celestial can do is logic that will not fly here.

Hardly a gangbag? If you alone went up against 9 brawlers in the street, what would you call that? Fair? The disintegration ray cut off ziran's arm. He grew it back. I'd hardly call defeating the destroyer armor an impressive feat for the entirety of the 4th celestial host, much less an impressive feat for any single one of them. Seriously..it is NOT impressive at all any time it is 9 vs. 1, unless you want to say 9 spider-men beating 1 batman impressive.

I-B tried to 1-shot kill Galactus, who was defenseless from suffering from the side-effects of having ingested the elders. I-B failed. It is this Galactus that wad prevailing against IB until they neared the black hole. So essentially, you neglected to mention that a weakened Galactus held his own and was actually winning.

The earth still was there after their gangbang on the destroyer. Or "hardly a gangbang" in your terms.

No less meaningless than blasts from silver age sky fathers who have since been drastically de-powered since then.

Fact still remains that a celestial has ever been faced with the power of a cosmic cube before to make a true comparison. Galactus has, and direct parallels were made between Galactus' power and a cosmic cube when doom strove to obtain the Power Cosmic from Galactus, despite already having a CC in his possession. That's far more substantiation than cube beings getting spooked, which is all you have to go on since you keep referring to it. That's not a strong case at all.

My bad on the Abraxus part, I'm in multiple threads on this forum so it gets confusing. But Galactus DID die, and was rezzed by Franklin and his sister.

But the fact remains Arshiem ALLOWED the Odin Sword to enter his body. As soon as I can post links/upload images I'll do so.

Who burned out his powers in doing so. I.E., Franklin, whose peak potential is supposed to rival Celestials in power, had to permanently burn out his powers, IN ADDITION to using Valeria's powers, to reconstitute Galactus.

And I never argued about arishem and the odin sword. Arishem transmuted the odin sword. Galactus can, and has, transmuted far more substantial things than the Odin Sword.

Yeah, I recognize the concession here too.

No celestial has been attacked with a cosmic cube. The burden of proof is on you to substantiate your claims, since Galactus has the feats, and the Celestials do not.

Another silver age reference. As recently as 5 years ago (i know, that's not that recent, but that's much better than the 40 years you keep referencing) Galactus was called the most powerful creature in the universe in Annihilation. The celestials always act in concert. Their power is difficult to gauge. None of them has faced a being as powerful as FP Tyrant, or Aegis and Tenebrous, or Agamotto, or the In-Betweener on their own; they always act in concert. To say "i don't know" can do nothing but admit concession.

They weren't full. Kosmos was an incomplete being. Regardless, feats>>>statements.

TheLordofMurder
Galactus one shots Exitar with the Ultimate Nullifier...

The end; goodby forever Exitar...

Colossus-Big C
were did i say he has the un???

the Darkone
UN is apart of him,duh!

I wouldn't doubt that Galactus has tech just for Celestail especially Exitar, a lone Celestail regardless how big they are would dare take on Galactus solo, unless they want to be a floating corpse and base for another space team wink .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>