Captain Steven Hiller (Independence Day)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://www.mikes-images.com/misc/id/images/id_mq_049.jpg
Will Smith as Steven Hiller.

I think it's safe to say that it was disaster master Roland Emmerich's Independence Day that pretty much made Will Smith the superstar that he is today.

Steven Hiller is a fighter pilot with the USMC's Black Knight squadron, stationed out of (what used to be) El Toro, who has aspirations of becoming an astronaut. His girlfriend is a single mother who works as a exotic dancer.

Too bad the aliens decide to wreck his 4th of July holiday. All he wanted to do was to propose to his woman and shoot off some fireworks with his new son. As it turns out, he does both on the 4th.

Independence Day is still the shit, even after nearly 15 years.

Trivia: Roland Emmerich sure loves to destroy shit in his movies. Several landmarks he destroyed several times over. Here's the tally (so far, anyway):

1. U.S. Bank Tower, Los Angeles: First building the aliens blew up in ID4. Made a second appearance in 2012, nearly flattening Jackson Curtis' escape plane as it topples over in the big quake.

2. Empire State Building, NYC: First building to be blown up in ID4. First building to be frozen over in The Day After Tomorrow.

3. The White House, Washington D.C.: Blew up in ID4, broadsided by the USS John F Kennedy on a Tsunami in 2012.

BruceSkywalker
i liked id4 as it was called.. hiller was very good

RE: Blaxican
Independence Day owned. All those fools who dislike it because it promotes Amurican ossum and because of it's scientific inaccuracies can kiss my ass.

Robtard
Movie was a fun, but a stupid flick. Good for chewing on popcorn and candy.

Smith wasn't anything special in it, basically played the standard Will Smith character, the charming goof who can kick ass when the need arise and dished out the one-liners.

Rogue Jedi
Nothing special? Nah, he just took out the ****in mothership.

majid86
'oh no, you did not shoot that green sh!t at me!'

lol

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Quiero Mota
The character's line "Welcome to Earth!" usually makes Top 100 movie quote lists, but other than that its bascially War of the Worlds.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, ID4 is an entertaining movie. WOTW is utter shit. The movies have aliens invading Earth, that's all.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nah, ID4 is an entertaining movie. WOTW is utter shit. The movies have aliens invading Earth, that's all.

Its the same thing as WOTW even the aliens get defeated by a virus.

Rogue Jedi
Computer virus....Human virus....I don't see the connection.

Robtard
Nothing special? Nah, he just took out the ****in mothership.

Jeff Goldblum did, Smith was just the taxi that drove him around, son.

RE: Blaxican
Goldbloom was also throwing up in a bag out of fear and lack of manliness and it took his stereotype enforcing jew father to make nut the hell up.

Will Smith gets all the kudos.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah he does. Goldblum was just side seat driving.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Goldbloom was also throwing up in a bag out of fear and lack of manliness and it took his stereotype enforcing jew father to make nut the hell up.

Will Smith gets all the kudos.

Who created the computer virus that made victory possible? Goldblum did.

Will Smith was little more than Hoke Colburn, driving around his own Jew.

darthmaul1
I enjoyed the movie but for me the rah rah American thing was crap, everyone waiting for the Americans to come up with an idea. And the whole computer virus was stupid. Just watch mars attacks that is way better.

Kazenji
Computer virus....Human virus....I don't see the connection.

Oh well keep thinking i'm sure you will get it.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, ones a sickness, ones tech.

Robtard
Nah, ones a sickness, ones tech.

ID4 borrowed the "virus" idea from WoTW, though with obvious changing.

The "aliens here to annihilate all of humanity", was a copy/paste job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.