Cross Genre Match #8: Kefka vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Gecko4lif
How does thor not easily take this?

marwash22
Not familiar with Kekfa but isn't he like an uber, badass magic user?... would he be able to revert Thor to mortal form, ala Dormammu?

amnesia
I'd say he's loki x2

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
Not familiar with Kekfa but isn't he like an uber, badass magic user?... would he be able to revert Thor to mortal form, ala Dormammu?
Does Thor even have that weakness anymore?

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does Thor even have that weakness anymore? not sure.

Omega Vision
not sure.
I think he no longer is tied to Masterson, just like separating him from his hammer for a while no longer takes his powers away.

marvelmadness13
I'd give Kefka a slight edge. As the god of magic he was the literal source of all magical energy in his world, had telekinesis powerful enough to pull ruins from across the globe and assemble them into a huge tower, and could rearrange the continents on a whim in addition to wiping cities all over the world off the map with a flick of his wrist from inside his tower.

ScreamPaste
I'm pretty convinced Thor stomps. For all his power Kefka was stopped by a party that's barely got a feat to it's name. I'm not sure Kefka could even harm Thor, tbh. no expression Being God of all magic in his world doesn't really matter because he's still not God of all magic in Thor's. I don't believe Kefka has any durability feats, but it's been a long ass time.

marvelmadness13
I consider most final boss fights in the Final Fantasy series some of the most PIS filled encounters ever. There's simply no way a wandering youth and his pals can stop a universe ender, a half esper and pals can kill the god of magic, a whacked out former infantryman can take out the most elite warrior of his day while he has the lifestream backing him up, etc. Its more of a case of the good guys winning because they're the good guys, not because of skill or power. That's why I love the Kuja battle in the end of IX.

amnesia
I'd say Thor takes it 7/10, IMO.

marwash22
how does Kefka stack up against people like Fate, Dormammu or Strange?

MooCowofJustice
I'd wager not very well at all.

BruceSkywalker
prolly thor, but who or what exactly is kefka?

amnesia
FF VI villain.

Black bolt z
Kefka

The Scenario
I know nothing about either combatant, but here's some info on Kefka.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo#Abilities

Etna
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm pretty convinced Thor stomps. For all his power Kefka was stopped by a party that's barely got a feat to it's name. I'm not sure Kefka could even harm Thor, tbh. no expression Being God of all magic in his world doesn't really matter because he's still not God of all magic in Thor's. I don't believe Kefka has any durability feats, but it's been a long ass time.

Thor Stomps? I wouldn't call it a stomp after reading this

Originally posted by marvelmadness13
could rearrange the continents on a whim in addition to wiping cities all over the world off the map with a flick of his wrist from inside his tower.

marwash22
Where are all the people who voted for this shit?

Etna
Where are all the people who voted for this shit?

damn dude relax. its just Day 1

Well i just read the page The Scenario posted.
gonna quote this

"he is able to exploit the abilities of reality warping and other features including: elemental manipulation, power bestowel, and magical absorption"

Does this not give Kefka an advantage?

amnesia
Well, as i said before, Kefka is pretty much Lokix2

marwash22
Originally posted by Etna
damn dude relax. its just Day 1 telling people to relax, typically has the opposite effect sneer

It's a little frustrating that people keep nodding and voting for threads and then when it's time to debate, none of those people show up. sad

Originally posted by Etna
Well i just read the page The Scenario posted.
gonna quote this

"he is able to exploit the abilities of reality warping and other features including: elemental manipulation, power bestowel, and magical absorption"

Does this not give Kefka an advantage? dunno, that sounds kinda vague.

amnesia
telling people to relax, typically has the opposite effect sneer

It's a little frustrating that people keep nodding and voting for threads and then when it's time to debate, none of those people show up. sad

dunno, that sounds kinda vague.

Better this than some street leveler thread.

ScreamPaste
This thread probably ends in a single hammertoss. Kefka literally canot withstand a blow from Thor, and I've seen nothing from him that would bypass Thor's durability. o_O

For all of Kefka's status as a god of magic, he couldn't stop randoms from using it against him. He raised a continent at one point, but it wasn't a particularly large one, so stop imagining someone waving their hand and pulling Asia into space. stick out tongue

Edit: Also, didn't vote for this thread. I voted for Stewie and Farnsworth v.s. Doom. uhuh

amnesia
This thread probably ends in a single hammertoss. Kefka literally canot withstand a blow from Thor, and I've seen nothing from him that would bypass Thor's durability. o_O

For all of Kefka's status as a god of magic, he couldn't stop randoms from using it against him. He raised a continent at one point, but it wasn't a particularly large one, so stop imagining someone waving their hand and pulling Asia into space. stick out tongue

Edit: Also, didn't vote for this thread. I voted for Stewie and Farnsworth v.s. Doom. uhuh

I hate Stewie, and not even Farnsworth can last a SECOND against the mighty Doom.

Creshosk
I'm pretty convinced Thor stomps. For all his power Kefka was stopped by a party that's barely got a feat to it's name. I'm not sure Kefka could even harm Thor, tbh. no expression Being God of all magic in his world doesn't really matter because he's still not God of all magic in Thor's. I don't believe Kefka has any durability feats, but it's been a long ass time. You can't argue using the PC effect. The player characters are always going to be able to beat the end boss, that's how games go.

It's sort of like Alistair in Dragon Age criticizing Zevran about the Crows not sending the best because the PC beat him. At the end of the game the PC takes out a demonic dragon.

Just because Zev wasn't able to beat someone who could take out a dragon, by no means makes Zev weak.

Likewise with other games. The player is going to beat the game if its not horribly broken. That doesn't mean that the end boss was a creampuff.

Bentley
Geez, this is lame, maybe we should go back to DBZ topics big grin

marvelmadness13
Kefka didn't merely raise a small continent, Screampaste, he rearranged all of the continents to his liking. It would be like me gaining vast magical powers and then making all the continents on our planet slam into each other to form a supercontinent with a waive oof my hand.

amnesia
Kefka didn't merely raise a small continent, Screampaste, he rearranged all of the continents to his liking. It would be like me gaining vast magical powers and then making all the continents on our planet slam into each other to form a supercontinent with a waive oof my hand.

Wouldn't stop a hammer to the face.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
Geez, this is lame, maybe we should go back to DBZ topics big grin thumb up

At least then I know what is happening.

marvelmadness13
No, his telekinesis that is powerful enough to reach all over the globe simultaneously and assemble an enormous tower from rubble across the planet would stop the hammer throw.

amnesia
No, his telekinesis that is powerful enough to reach all over the globe simultaneously and assemble an enormous tower from rubble across the planet would stop the hammer throw.

Thor's hammer is enchanted you know...

I don't think you can lift it with TK

marvelmadness13
You can't lift it from the ground with TK but as Magneto has shown multiple times via his powers you can direct it away from you if thrown.

xmarksthespot
Hmm.. I think rather than voting by poll it should really be by post...

There'd probably be a more active discussion if several people posted for a match-up to be the winning thread...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who the hell is Keftka and why doesn't Thor stomp him/her/it?

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Who the hell is Keftka and why doesn't Thor stomp him/her/it?

No reason actually. Thor stomps. wink

XanatosForever
Jeez, where's the FF fanboys when you need 'em? laughing

iceman24567
LOL this thread is gold

Prep-Man
Kefka.

Etna
You can't lift it from the ground with TK but as Magneto has shown multiple times via his powers you can direct it away from you if thrown.

if thats true, then I dont see why Kefka Can't stop that hammer.

If Kefka can reality warp, can't he just reality warp Thor?

AthenasTrgrFngr
as much as people hate it i really think that a dbz vs. comics type of thread will be best. at least everyone knows who they were. get a goku vs superman thread in here and there'll be 50 pages of discussion by the end of the week.

amnesia
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
as much as people i hate it i really think that a dbz vs. comics type of thread will be best. at least everyone knows who they were. get a goku vs superman thread in here and there'll be 50 pages of discussion by the end of the week.

Never again..

XanatosForever
I'm honestly a little surprised at how little VG characters are known outside of the Games Versus crowd. Surely comic buffs like video games?

amnesia
I do. Sort of...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm honestly a little surprised at how little VG characters are known outside of the Games Versus crowd. Surely comic buffs like video games?

I do, just not Final Fantasy.

XanatosForever
Oh I know you do, Wei. I see you in the GV all the time, but you're one of the few who actually does.

Bentley
We can always do Startrek, Starwars or random movie characters; those tend to be accepted too.

Astner
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
as much as people hate it i really think that a dbz vs. comics type of thread will be best. at least everyone knows who they were. get a goku vs superman thread in here and there'll be 50 pages of discussion by the end of the week.
Because most people have established an opinion and are somewhat well versed with Dragon ball. People voting for this battle expect an elaborate explanation of Kefka. However, only a small minority have ever played Final fantasy VI and the outcome pretty much relies on how they present it. If they mention that Kefka was about to destroy the universe, the rest of the posters would fall silent. If it's mentioned that Kefka was taken down by a small group of heroes without any actual super powers save from some vaguely defined magical abilities then the argument would've been dropped.

As previously mentioned, avoid using game characters. Especially from games without a story. There is no real story in Final fantasy VI only two plot points with a straight line in-between them.

Bentley
Final Fantasy VI its fine as a story, just it was never very established any limit for Kafka, and his powers though massive, never showed any durability feat worthy of tanking Thor's hammer nor focused TK to stop something so powerful.

ScreamPaste
Also, Kefka has no reaction featd.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Bentley
Final Fantasy VI its fine as a story, just it was never very established any limit for Kafka, and his powers though massive, never showed any durability feat worthy of tanking Thor's hammer nor focused TK to stop something so powerful. Very true and not to mention that it was possiable for the chracters to stand against Kefka and the magicite "spelling" Kefka most powerful attacks were magic based and not too mention hardly even a world threat when being used nothing Mjolnir could absorb.

Etna
Also, Kefka has no reaction featd.

I'm pretty sure he has some in that fighting game.

Final fantasy Dissidia

NemeBro
Thor could kill Kefka in a single punch, and Kefka is actually too slow to do anything about it, being completely featless in both durability and reaction-time/speed.

Black bolt z
Lately cross-genre threads haven't been getting many posts....

RE: Blaxican
People need to stop voting for obscure characters that hardly anyone know about.

Spire
I love Final Fantasy III(which is what it was called when I slapped that sucker in my Super Nintendo Entertainment System) but Thor takes this.

twizzlers713
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
People need to stop voting for obscure characters that hardly anyone know about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Agreed.

More epic battles are needed. Wolverine vs. Gutts or something along those lines.

amnesia
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Agreed.

More epic battles are needed. Wolverine vs. Gutts or something along those lines.

Gutts is skilled, but he couldn't take down Logan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.