How old is The Emperor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
How old is The Emperor in ROTJ ??

Q99
Anywhere from 48* to we have no idea in the slightest.

His Sith Master conducted immortality experiments and he may be able to change his apparent age. He could've been a hundred at Phantom Menace for all we know, let alone RotJ.

*It's not 48.

Omega Vision
IIRC his "scarred and deformed" appearance after his fight with Mace Windu was said to be his true appearance that the force lightning uncovered. Given that such deformation usually results from decades of calling on the powers of the dark side and given the extent of his deformation he must have been a dark side user for quite some time.

His master, Darth Plagueis died 50 years before Episode IV and its reasonable to assume that he had spent at least ten years training Palpatine before that and that Palpatine was at least 10 when said training began, meaning that Palpatine was at least 50 when he became Emperor and at least 70 when he died in ROTJ.

Wookiepedia gives his birth as 82 years before Episode IV making him 86 when he died.

Mulic
do you ever get to kow what age he is? my guess is he is nearing 300 XD

Dr Mystery
How old is The Emperor? Very, is the best answer I can come up with.

queeq
OR maybe not very... we don't know.

Dr Mystery
Well he must be a minimum of 50 in ROTS so that would put him in his mid 70's in ROTJ at the least. I would count that as very old, until I'm in my 70's anyway.

queeq
Hehehe, good one.

Sith Master X
He's older than Yoda. shifty

Dr Mystery
I would think if he was older than Yoda he would be more powerful and that Yoda would have been aware of him a long time before he revealed himself.

Omega Vision
He's 86. Although if you stack the lives of all his clones he's more like 140.

ares834
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He's 86. Although if you stack the lives of all his clones he's more like 140.
Keep your EU out of here...

queeq
Amen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.