A Prophet \ Un Prophete: best release of the week? (8/3)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P_Samone
Anyone who has watched the film, feel free to weigh in.

Earned an Oscar Nom for best Foreign Film. People are comparing it to Scarface and The Godfather. I read an interview where (director) Audiard actually said he was drawing from these films a bit.

Can't say that I've seen it, but the film looks amazing.

If you haven't seen it, check out the Trailer:
dailymotion.com /video/xe8i9m_a-prophet-un-prophete-on-blu-ray-an

MildPossession
It's brilliant, from a fantastic director who also made The Beat That My Heart Skipped, and Read My Lips, both excellent films.

Manofwords
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's brilliant, from a fantastic director who also made The Beat That My Heart Skipped, and Read My Lips, both excellent films.

Agreed... it's a tad slow in parts, but this is an epic crime film, well worth a look for those that have yet to see it.

Stealth Agent
Seen this movie a few weeks ago. Went into it blind with no predisposition, the only thing I knew was that the bloke was spending seven years at that prison. I was very, very satisfied with the result, it was absolutely awesome. I recommend it to anyone really, it had a great pay off. I didn't see it so much as a gangster film but more so just as an individual's story of survival.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.