The Rancor vs. The Cave Troll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
The Rancor from ROTJ vs. The Cave Troll from LOTR: TFOTR.

Fight takes place at the Bridge of Khazad-dum.

Two armor plated behemoths going at it to the death.

Who wins?

Robtard
Pretty sure the Rancor is big enough to pick up the cave-troll and bite it's head off, though it would be more akin to picking up a He-Man action figure, as it would a 80's GI JOE.

Impediment
Actually, the troll & Rancor, IIRC, are about the same height. Give or take a few feet.

Also, the troll is far faster and agile, while the Rancor is slow but steady.

If that even makes a damn.

Robtard
Ah, ok, thought the cave-troll was much, much smaller, as compared to the trolls that opened Mordor's gate.

If the sizes are about equal, I'd side with the troll. It's smart enough to use weapons and it has weapons, plus the speed/agility you mentioned. Rancor was little more than a stupid animal.

Tron
Originally posted by Impediment
Actually, the troll & Rancor, IIRC, are about the same height. Give or take a few feet.

Also, the troll is far faster and agile, while the Rancor is slow but steady.

If that even makes a damn.

Actually, the rancor was bigger.

KingD19
I say the Rancor edges out a majority. It seems more durable, plus stronger, with the teeth and claws.

Impediment
It's a shitty quality video, but it's the best one I could find:

Zpssk85XTQQ

Compare the size of a hobbit to Legolas as to the Troll, and you can see that the Rancor & troll are about the same.

I could be wrong, Tron.

BruceSkywalker
dunno yet, need more evidence to decide

Rogue Jedi
I remember in "The courtship of Princess Leia", when on Dathomir, it describes Han and Chewie seeing the Rancors there as huge. Apparently the one in Jabba's palace was starved and malnourished.

EU, I know.......

Tron
Originally posted by Impediment
It's a shitty quality video, but it's the best one I could find:

Zpssk85XTQQ

Compare the size of a hobbit to Legolas as to the Troll, and you can see that the Rancor & troll are about the same.

I could be wrong, Tron.

I would say that the troll is about a couple of feet shorter, and that's being generous. The rancor is bigger overall. The troll has the edge in speed and battle prowess, though.

XanatosForever
I think speed won't be much of a concern considering the location. Hell, one good swipe from either brute and they both go tumbling down. laughing

Impediment
Well, I didn't mean ON TOP OF the bridge. Rather at the scene, if you get me.

If they fought on that narrow ass bridge, the fight would be over before it even began.

XanatosForever
Okay, I see what you mean, the big ass hall that the Fellowship was running through to get away from the Balrog. That changes things a bit. I think the Cave Troll might be intelligent enough to use those pillars to avoid the Rancor's attacks, and then it's a matter of whittling it down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.