Wonder Woman vs Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
Absorbing man has decided to rob a bank for his wife's birthday and surprise her with money and jewelery..

WW 1st to respond sees Absorbing Man and decides to try to stop him..

Absorbing Man looks up and sees wonderwoman and grabs the vault door and transforms into a high grade steel metal with a hint of vibranium... thx marvel U and rich paranoid ppl and the superhero insurance..

Absorbing man CIS off... he is blood lusted but not retarded berserk..

he wants to kill WW as a present for his wife since his wife has confidence issues and next to She-hulk she also hates WW..

BlackZero30x
WW

.....do to the fact that he's just plain stupid.....even worse now that he's blood lusted

Black bolt z
With vibranium?Absorbing man.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Black bolt z
With vibranium?Absorbing man.

my post was based on the fact she is a battle tested warrior that has a huge edge when it come to out smarting him.

i doubt he stays in that form the entire fight.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
my post was based on the fact she is a battle tested warrior that has a huge edge when it come to out smarting him.

i doubt he stays in that form the entire fight. Assuming he does he wins.But CIS is also off so he will most likely stay in that form.And win.

King Castle
or grab her wrist and turn into that metal if they engage in h2h...

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Castle
or grab her wrist and turn into that metal if they engage in h2h...

it's magically enchanted metal. i don't know if he can replicate that.

King Castle
absorbing man has absorbed uru metal from thor and eric iirc...

-Pr-
absorbing man has absorbed uru metal from thor and eric iirc...

but at the same time, diana's power comes from the enchantment, not from the metal iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Creel.

Originally posted by -Pr-
it's magically enchanted metal. i don't know if he can replicate that.
Originally posted by -Pr-
but at the same time, diana's power comes from the enchantment, not from the metal iirc.

Absorbing Man can take on the properties of her bracers and if he gets a hand on her, he'd absorb her capabilities as well.

Q99
She can still win via lasso no matter how tough whatever he turns into.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Creel.

Absorbing Man can take on the properties of her bracers and if he gets a hand on her, he'd absorb her capabilities as well.

ah. didn't know that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's all good.

Creel is ridiculously powerful. Too bad his been turned into a joke by current writers. He couldn't even beat Thing with an upgrade and access to Adamantium. Shit like that just makes me go facepalm

Hopefully it's attributed to his stupidity or maybe writers just don't realize how powerful he is. No surprise, look at what's happened to the Wrecking Crew, Nefaria etc.

Originally posted by Q99
She can still win via lasso no matter how tough whatever he turns into.

He could probably absorb the capabilities of something that would make him immaterial. I know his absorbed the properties of gases.

And what would happen if he absorbs the properties of the lasso?

King Castle
he has turn into wind as well.. but thor cheated with being a thunder god and creating a vortex and ripping AM apart and carrying his essence to various corners of the world.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bah. That's not cheating.

Q99

He could probably absorb the capabilities of something that would make him immaterial. I know his absorbed the properties of gases.

And what would happen if he absorbs the properties of the lasso?

The lasso can hold immaterial things.

And if he absorbed just it's physical characteristics, he'd simply become unbreakable and extendable. It's magic ones, it's a conduit of truth that allows contact between souls... dunno what that'd do to him. Probably every lie that exists in his mind, good or bad, would be destroyed in an instant. I can't imagine that being healthy, it'd probably KO him from shock at the least.

Black bolt z
I didn't even think about him touching her bracers or lasso.

I still say creel especially since CIS off.

He would beat thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
The lasso can hold immaterial things.

And if he absorbed just it's physical characteristics, he'd simply become unbreakable and extendable. It's magic ones, it's a conduit of truth that allows contact between souls... dunno what that'd do to him. Probably every lie that exists in his mind, good or bad, would be destroyed in an instant. I can't imagine that being healthy, it'd probably KO him from shock at the least.

The lasso has been shown to hold beings who have turned into gases etc.? I'm pretty sure Zoom vibrated out of it or something similar. Meh. Probably one of those on and off things that some writers aren't aware off.

I'm not sure what would happen either. Speculation.

King Castle
The lasso has been shown to hold beings who have turned into gases etc.? I'm pretty sure Zoom vibrated out of it or something similar. Meh. Probably one of those on and off things that some writers aren't aware off.

I'm not sure what would happen either. Speculation. it also failed to work on doomsday...

Q99
Thor doesn't have a mental weapon that can force surrender. If he did, he'd win.

I'm not sure what would happen either. Speculation.

Note on what happened with Zoom (who can't vibrate anyway) is he was held securely until Cheetah scratched Diana's arm making her loosen her grip from the lasso and let it slacken, thus the enchantment didn't fully apply and he could just speed out (the enchantment only applies when the lasso is firmly around someone. Loosely encircling or the like won't do).

The lasso's held immaterial 6 dimensional energy things before.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Assuming he does he wins.But CIS is also off so he will most likely stay in that form.And win.

sooo your saying that he will win no matter what?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Thor doesn't have a mental weapon that can force surrender. If he did, he'd win.

How many times does Wonder Woman actually resort to using the lasso in this way if it isn't a friend that's being mind controlled etc.? From what I've seen, it doesn't happen that often. At least not as often as some people make it out to be.

Originally posted by Q99
Note on what happened with Zoom (who can't vibrate anyway) is he was held securely until Cheetah scratched Diana's arm making her loosen her grip from the lasso and let it slacken, thus the enchantment didn't fully apply and he could just speed out (the enchantment only applies when the lasso is firmly around someone. Loosely encircling or the like won't do).

The lasso's held immaterial 6 dimensional energy things before.

Zoom was shown to vibrate in his fight with Bart as I recall. I was thinking off the time Zoom fought the JLA and not the Flash/Wonder Woman crossover.

Are you referring to the scene in JLA when Flash uses the lasso in combination with vibrations to hold the wishing machine?

Q99
How many times does Wonder Woman actually resort to using the lasso in this way if it isn't a friend that's being mind controlled etc.? From what I've seen, it doesn't happen that often. At least not as often as some people make it out to be.

It's not all that rare, she did use it to capture Zoom in the crossover with Flash after all. It's also something she'll use against Circe a lot (since it prevents spellcasting), and Cheetah's been tied up a time or two as well, of course.

It's sort of, not her most common finisher, but if it's clear that it's needed she'll do it.

In one of his early appearances when he had Bart by the neck, Jay threw his hat at Bart because he knew Bart could vibrate and let it go through and Zoom couldn't, thus slamming Zolomon in the face.

If someone draws him vibrating through an object, that's a new thing and/or the writer getting it wrong. The time power, while faster, doesn't give all the powers of the speed force.

Yea. It's not the only time it's been used to hold insubstantial foes I think, but it's a solid example of such.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
It's not all that rare, she did use it to capture Zoom in the crossover with Flash after all. It's also something she'll use against Circe a lot (since it prevents spellcasting), and Cheetah's been tied up a time or two as well, of course.

It's sort of, not her most common finisher, but if it's clear that it's needed she'll do it.

Oh, I'm not doubting she'll use it or has, but from what I've read, she doesn't use it nearly as much as some posters like to pretend she does. I think it's a a lot more common that she'll engage an opponent physically instead of resorting to the lasso, and ending the fight there and then.

Originally posted by Q99
In one of his early appearances when he had Bart by the neck, Jay threw his hat at Bart because he knew Bart could vibrate and let it go through and Zoom couldn't, thus slamming Zolomon in the face.

If someone draws him vibrating through an object, that's a new thing and/or the writer getting it wrong. The time power, while faster, doesn't give all the powers of the speed force.

I'm well aware what Zoom was written like, but I'm pretty sure he and Bart were shown vibrating through a wall. If he can lend his powers, it's no shock that he could learn to vibrate as well.

Originally posted by Q99
Yea. It's not the only time it's been used to hold insubstantial foes I think, but it's a solid example of such.

I don't think it is personally. Wally used random-step frequencies to counter anything the I.D. tried as it re-polarized matter by vibrating subatomic particles. He used the lasso because it was indestructible and immutable as I recall, and not because it could contain the I.D. which was insubstantial. That part was the vibrations I believe. Later on, Wally was able to keep the I.D. in check with vibrations by himself without the lasso.

Q99
Oh, I'm not doubting she'll use it or has, but from what I've read, she doesn't use it nearly as much as some posters like to pretend she does. I think it's a a lot more common that she'll engage an opponent physically instead of resorting to the lasso, and ending the fight there and then.

She'll start out physical, but it's common to include the lasso in her attack, and Diana's a very good warrior. If physical isn't working she'll definitely switch over.

He can't lend powers either.

I think the closest he's done to that was help Cheetah get faster, and he did so by teaching her how to overcome mental blocks and that sort of thing, do symbolic stuff that help her draw more speed from her power source.

King Castle
so AM for the majority?

The Nuul
WW is smart enough to beat him if shes smart about the fight. If not she loses.

darthgoober
With CIS off pretty much the only way to beat Creel is to overload him and I don't see Diana pulling that one off very often(if at all).

Q99
That or, y'know, the lasso.

so AM for the majority?

WW for the majority. Like The Nuul said, if she's smart she wins, and she's a smart fighter.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Q99
That or, y'know, the lasso.

Assuming the lasso would work you mean. I mean it's effects have been resisted before so I don't really see it holding AM if he absorbs it's properties.

Mshinu
Wifey is going to be mad when Creel comes home having absorbed Wondy`s "properties". stick out tongue

he wants to kill WW as a present for his wife since his wife has confidence issues and next to She-hulk she also hates WW..

Q99
Originally posted by darthgoober
Assuming the lasso would work you mean. I mean it's effects have been resisted before so I don't really see it holding AM if he absorbs it's properties.

If he absorbs it's properties in the truth sense that'd probably KO him right there, the shock to his mind is likely going to take him out. If he absorbs it's physical properties it won't help him escape.

King Castle
odd that the whole being worthy and whatnot didnt stop creel from absorbing the qualities of the uru hammer? smokin'

u thinking worth would be in the same boat as truth plus it sure as hell didnt do squat to the numbnut that screwed with supes maxwell..

anyways wouldnt creel drop to the floor if he absorbed the hammer and go inert due to the enchantment?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
She'll start out physical, but it's common to include the lasso in her attack, and Diana's a very good warrior. If physical isn't working she'll definitely switch over.

I still don't think she resorts to the lasso happens as often as some people pretend she does. It's probably equivalent to Thor using Mjolnir's more exotic abilites. At least it would have been as early back as a few years.

Originally posted by Q99
He can't lend powers either.

I think the closest he's done to that was help Cheetah get faster, and he did so by teaching her how to overcome mental blocks and that sort of thing, do symbolic stuff that help her draw more speed from her power source.

He was able to let Inertia tap into him and his power.

And in regards to Zoom getting out of the lasso, this was the scene I was thinking off:

http://img412.imageshack.us/f/zoom4yg0.jpg/
http://img201.imageshack.us/i/zoom3ve2.jpg/

I'm pretty sure White Martian's turned intangible and broke out of her lasso during Waid's run. I think Diana has been able to hold John in the past once however. Not too sure.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
sooo your saying that he will win no matter what? Well the metal he absorbed had vibranium in it.I see that as being a very big advantage.And since CIS is off for him he will keep it.Thus I see him winning.

Metalmanx
Wonder Woman for the majority.

King Castle
i'll vote for creel ftw... he not only brings home money and jewels but tiara, chest piece and bracelet as a present.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.