Dark Phoenix vs Thanos vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Cubey
Not Thanos.

guy222
DP

the Darkone
DP wins, but Odin will give her outright hell to the end. I wouldn't be suprise if Odin takes a couple.

cdtm
Originally posted by guy222
DP

What level would you consider DP?

Skyfather level?

amnesia
never read dark phoenix saga.

Xplosive
Dark Phoenix

TheTyrant
Originally posted by cdtm
What level would you consider DP?

Skyfather level?

Average Galactus level.

TheLordofMurder
Dark Phoenix crushes them both with ease; she's several tiers higher than Odin and Thanos is merely trans...

This spite against the team...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can anyone tell me what the Dark Phoenix accomplished that leads you all to believe she'd stomp Odin? I for one can't remember anything.

It's been years since I read the story, but I think Jean consumed a Star and caused it to go Nova. Lilandra and her council thought that Jean threatened the Universe with her actions because she feed on everything. That was basically the extent of her feats. At least the ones I recall. I also remember Xavier going toe to toe with her in a telepathic battle, and he even was able to temporarily defeat her using some technique. Supressing her power by creating mental blocks or some such.

The Sun feat is impressive, but Odin's best....ermmhappy

The thread reminded me of my hate for Jean Grey. God I dislike her so very much. I'm not even sure why.

SamZED
Didnt she create a universe or something? dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
If she did, it wasn't during the Dark Phoenix saga.

TheLordofMurder
Its her implied level of power that leads me to believe that she'd crush Odin...

If I remember correctly, the full Phoenix Force is the manifestion of all the psionic or psychic or emotional energy in the universe...or something like that; its been a while since I've read up on her.

But at any rate, I am certain that she (or rather the full Phoenix Force) is a major universal power; major universal power>skyfather.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by guy222
DP

Prep-Man
Dark Phoenix.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Its her implied level of power that leads me to believe that she'd crush Odin...

If I remember correctly, the full Phoenix Force is the manifestion of all the psionic or psychic or emotional energy in the universe...or something like that; its been a while since I've read up on her.

But at any rate, I am certain that she (or rather the full Phoenix Force) is a major universal power; major universal power>skyfather.

Her implied power level went as far as being a threat to the Universe as I recall. That's not beyond Odin.

Is the Dark Phoenix as powerful as the full manifestation of the Phoenix Force?

Odin is a major Universal Power. He might -would- not be portrayed as an equal to Galactus or other Cosmic Entities in current Marvel but even as recently as the late 90's he'd operate on a Cosmic level at times. Creating entire dimensions, annihilating Galaxies etc. Odin only truly took a drop in power under Jurgen's in my opinion. One of the most criticized things about his run by the Thor fanbase. Hopefully this will change with Odin being portrayed as the top dog in the Marvel movie Universe. I'd like to see Odin back in all his glory wrecking Galaxies, and operating on a Universal scale.

I'm going off topic. My point is, that I don't recall Dark Phoenix doing anything that would suggest to me she'd defeat Odin. Destroying a Star. Impressive, but utterly insignificant compared to what Odin has done. If anyone has any more feats that I'm forgetting, then post away. Like I said, it's been years. It just seems that everyone is saying Phoenix wins as a knee jerk reaction.

"Id"

Now its Multiverse. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by "Id"
Now its Multiverse. smile

Id, you seem to be versed in the Phoenix from what I can tell. Did she do anything in the Dark Phoenix saga outside of eating a Star which caused it to go Nova in a sense?

"Id"
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Id, you seem to be versed in the Phoenix from what I can tell. Did she do anything in the Dark Phoenix saga outside of eating a Star which caused it to go Nova in a sense?
Feat wise no. Star eating is Dark Phoenix top feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Feat wise no. Star eating is Dark Phoenix top feat.

Figured.

KuRuPT Thanosi
There are zero feats from Dark Phoenix and even low showings that lead me to believe she's stomping this team, and in fact, she could lose

Rage.Of.Olympus
If consuming a Star is her greatest feat, I'd need to see a pretty convincing argument as to why Odin wouldn't dismiss this incarnation with a flick of his hand on a good day.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If consuming a Star is her greatest feat, I'd need to see a pretty convincing argument as to why Odin wouldn't dismiss this incarnation with a flick of his hand on a good day. I've seen nothing myself. Nothing that would lead me to believe she can put down Odin and his impressive durability or THanos with his durability and shielding quickly. Odin would be the raw power to combat her raw power.. and thanos would be the pesky person... firing blast at DP from behind and trying to TP rape her while doing so.

"Id"
Dark Phoenix would win.

We are talking about one the Primal Forces of the Universe, a Cosmic Abstract vs. Skyfater. Contrast to popular belief the last incarnation of the Dark Phoenix is the one seen in Here Comes Tomorrow or Phoenix End Song.

What is being overlooked is the fact that the Phoenix Entity carries over memories since the dawn of time, and all possible futures. You cant really define Dark Phoenix by just the Dark Phoenix Saga or restrict it to just the Sun Eating feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I've seen nothing myself. Nothing that would lead me to believe she can put down Odin and his impressive durability or THanos with his durability and shielding quickly. Odin would be the raw power to combat her raw power.. and thanos would be the pesky person... firing blast at DP from behind and trying to TP rape her while doing so.

Hold on, are we actually on the same side here!?

http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/surpriseddog.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dark Phoenix would win.

We are talking about one the Primal Forces of the Universe, a Cosmic Abstract vs. Skyfater. Contrast to popular belief the last incarnation of the Dark Phoenix is the one seen in Here Comes Tomorrow or Phoenix End Song.

What is being overlooked is the fact that the Phoenix Entity carries over memories since the dawn of time, and all possible futures. You cant really define Dark Phoenix by just the Dark Phoenix Saga or restrict it to just the Sun Eating feat.

If that's your opinion....that's uh fine.

I hate those kind of arguments.

I restrict them mostly to the eras they appear in when it comes to characters like the Phoenix. Too much fluctuation under too many writers.

For the record, Odin's best is destroying Galaxies and rocking the fabric of the Multiverse, creating an entire dimension with it's own set of Gods using residual magic, altering the reality of mainstream Marvel. His rogue persona was threatening the Universe -I think this might have been retconned to be Infinity in Quasar- and he reversed the effects it caused easily. And I guess being called an equal to Galactus would be a feat currently.

Just trying to point out that Odin's best, are pretty good.

"Id"

marvelmadness13
Thanos dies in seconds and Dark Phoenix takes Odin after a long fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you really arguing the Primal forces thing ID.. I mean come on. Simple question.. has dark phoenix lost to people less powerful than Odin and Thanos combined?

"Id"
Are you really arguing the Primal forces thing ID.. I mean come on. Simple question.. has dark phoenix lost to people less powerful than Odin and Thanos combined?

The Phoenix is a Primal Force, that is unquestionable. Who has the Dark Phoenix lost to?

KuRuPT Thanosi
ummmm Mastermind, Xavier and the Xmen in generally have always been able to take down The Dark Phoenix's host.

janus77
Originally posted by marvelmadness13
Thanos dies in seconds and Dark Phoenix takes Odin after a long fight.
Thanos isn't far behind Odin in power (and likely has the better defensive tech/shields). if Odin is a fight, then Thanos would be too.

zopzop
I see people keep mentioning Odin "destroying galaxies" when has this happened?

Odin + Zeus + Vishnu couldn't even make Arshiem the Celestial flinch. Jean Grey using a sliver of Phoenix Force to marshal the combined pysches of a planet destroyed Arshiem's "Hand of Judgment".

The full blown Phoenix Force can destroy universes. This has been shown repeatedly on panel.

Odin and Thanos stand no chance.

DP.

A lot of abstarcts lack combat feats, but knowing what they are and where they sit in the cosmic hierarchy should be enough when they are matched against skyfathers.

Colossus-Big C
all skyfathers can destroy galaxies.
arishem tanked 3 galaxy busting attcks

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos isn't far behind Odin in power
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27874/600107-oh_you_super.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
DP.

A lot of abstarcts lack combat feats, but knowing what they are and where they sit in the cosmic hierarchy should be enough when they are matched against skyfathers.

For starters, Surtur destroyed the core of a dead galaxy under Simonson, before infusing it with the Cask of Ancient Winters.

And I know Odin battled another Skyfather level being, and their combined efforts were leveling galaxies across multiple dimensions... I think it was Set, but the more knowledgeable fans should know this feat cold..

Stoic
Dark Phoenix

Colossus-Big C
it was seth

marvelmadness13
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos isn't far behind Odin in power (and likely has the better defensive tech/shields). if Odin is a fight, then Thanos would be too.

Thanos is solidly trans tier, Odin is high skyfather with feats that Thanos doesn't even have in his best dreams.

Dark Phoenix >> Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos.

Omega Vision
Dark Phoenix.

TheLordofMurder
Well you guys might Judge that it doesnt count since it happened in a "What If," but in What If Wolverine became Lord of the Vampires, Dark Phoenix beat Dormammu quickly and decisively...

Dormammu is atleast an Odin level character and is arguably above him; if DP can beat Dormmy as easily as she did, then Odin+Thanos go down quickly as well...

Black bolt z
Phoenix stomps

Originally posted by cdtm
For starters, Surtur destroyed the core of a dead galaxy under Simonson, before infusing it with the Cask of Ancient Winters.

And I know Odin battled another Skyfather level being, and their combined efforts were leveling galaxies across multiple dimensions... I think it was Set, but the more knowledgeable fans should know this feat cold.. So what?

Rage.Of.Olympus

zopzop
ummmm Mastermind, Xavier and the Xmen in generally have always been able to take down The Dark Phoenix's host.

She didn't lose to Xavier, it's Host was fighting it. He even said he would have lost but he sensed Jean fighting herself.

Most everytime it's fought the X-Men, especially if it's Jean, it was holding back. How many times, has she been caught saying "Kill me I don't want to hurt you."

The thing about Abstracts is you really can't show them doing anything Universe shaking in a non "What If".

In What If : Jean Grey had not died, Dark Phoenix goes berserk after killing all the X-men and destroys the entire universe.

In What If : Wolverine found himself in the Age of Conan, she again goes berserk and destroys an entire universe.

In What If : Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire, Vulcan acquires the Phoenix Force and destroys eight galaxies just for revenges sake. The reason why the damage wasn't more wide spread, Jean Grey was holding him back.

In Excalibur 25 Galactus himself mentions that the Force and consume all existence. Then Death mentions, that "and from that destruction, bring about new life."

In Xmen (Here comes tomorrow), she's holding the freaking universe in the PALM OF HER HAND.

None of this has been retconned or explained away.

Mshinu
Dark Phoenix is way above Odin powerwise. She is not loosing this without some PIS.

Angel Watching
Dark Phoenix can't lose

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Angel Watching
Dark Phoenix can't lose

Yet has lost to much less than this team.

Colossus-Big C
dark pheonix is about odin level

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
dark pheonix is about odin level Dark peonix almost killed galactus.DP>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin>>>Thanos

GalacticStorm

Its irrelevant. Dark Phoenix is a mental state, it has nothing to do with the powers of the avatar.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mshinu
Dark Phoenix is way above Odin powerwise. She is not loosing this without some PIS.

thumb up

amnesia
Obviously the mental state plays a role.

guy222
DP

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by amnesia
Obviously the mental state plays a role.

People are talking about dark phoenix likes its a separate character with a different powerset in a similar fashion to grey hulk and savage hulk. Its not. Its the same character with a a more ruthless and cruel outlook.

So with regards to these forum battles and characters fighting to the utmost of their capabilities the difference in mental state between dark phoenix and the other phoenixes doesnt really matter.

amnesia
Due to lack of x-men knowledge i won't even bother.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
I see people keep mentioning Odin "destroying galaxies" when has this happened?

Odin + Zeus + Vishnu couldn't even make Arshiem the Celestial flinch. Jean Grey using a sliver of Phoenix Force to marshal the combined pysches of a planet destroyed Arshiem's "Hand of Judgment".

The full blown Phoenix Force can destroy universes. This has been shown repeatedly on panel.

Odin and Thanos stand no chance.

Agreed.

TheTyrant
Reed said that the Dark Phoenix was Galactus level. These two can team up with each other and still they would get stomped.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Reed said that the Dark Phoenix was Galactus level. These two can team up with each other and still they would get stomped.

Where did he say that? I have an idea of what issue and instance you're referring to and if its the same one i have in mind then you've misinterpreted it. erm

WhiteWitchKing

Odin wins.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Stoic
Agreed. agreed? your saying the combined might if odin+zeus+vishnu is not enough to phase arishem while a someone using earths power can destroy his hand?
thats stupid retarded PIS at its worst
these guys can destroy galaxys under there own power

guy222
lil knowledge on the arishem incident

the judge allowed the world to judge itself

as for the thread....dark phoenix ftw

TheTyrant
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Where did he say that? I have an idea of what issue and instance you're referring to and if its the same one i have in mind then you've misinterpreted it. erm

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7478/xmtdps121oz0.jpg

tideoftime

I agree with the general implication of the cited issue: while not *explicitly* stating she is more powerful than Galactus, the general tone definitely puts her on the same general level, with the "could" allowing for even greater degrees of power, though not as an absolute (again, just going by the panels). And Reed would be a good judge of comparing, for ballpark purposes...

I also say DP, though as stated by some other posters, Odin would fight to the bitter end, and not go down easily... Thanos would "Batman" her with the Infinity Gauntlet, but that's about it...

Uriel005
Phoenix is stronger than the Scarlett Witch who caused House of M. Dark Phoenix is Phoenix with roid rage. I say DP takes this with spite unless your giving Thanos BS Heart of the Universe or the absurd Infinity Gauntlet.

I say DP, Odin, Thanos
If Thanos has IG i say its a toss-up between him and DP.

GalacticStorm

As i suspected.

I take it by you highlighting this scene for that specific point, that you haven't read the the whole of the Dark Phoenix Saga, or maybe you have but you overlooked key points made about Phoenix.

After the M'kraan crystal incident, Jean instinctively placed psychic circuit breakers in place to cut off her power to a level she could wield comfortably.

Thats why she went from saving the multiverse, to getting defeated by Magneto weeks later.

However Masterminds manipulations caused the Phoenix side of the personality to crave for its previous power levels, so there was an inner conflict between the opposing personalities with the dark side gradually winning and slowly breaking down the psychic circuit breakers giving Dark Phoenix access to more and more power.

Moira on doing readings of Phoenix said that her powers were increasing on a geometric curve with no end in sight.

The point that Reed got Phoenixes readings her power was on the increase she'd just defeated the X-men in Central Park and her powers were approaching Galactus level as she was slowly breaking down the circuit breakers.

It was at this point she's says something along the lines of how she is getting more powerful by the minute however she acknowledges that like it or not she still has limits. At which point she consumes that star in an effort to get closer to her previous levels. After which she would have exceeded Galactus' levels.

TheTyrant
As i suspected.

I take it by you highlighting this scene for that specific point, that you haven't read the the whole of the Dark Phoenix Saga, or maybe you have but you overlooked key points made about Phoenix.

After the M'kraan crystal incident, Jean instinctively placed psychic circuit breakers in place to cut off her power to a level she could wield comfortably.

Thats why she went from saving the multiverse, to getting defeated by Magneto weeks later.

However Masterminds manipulations caused the Phoenix side of the personality to crave for its previous power levels, so there was an inner conflict between the opposing personalities with the dark side gradually winning and slowly breaking down the psychic circuit breakers giving Dark Phoenix access to more and more power.

Moira on doing readings of Phoenix said that her powers were increasing on a geometric curve with no end in sight.

The point that Reed got Phoenixes readings her power was on the increase she'd just defeated the X-men in Central Park and her powers were approaching Galactus level as she was slowly breaking down the circuit breakers.

It was at this point she's says something along the lines of how she is getting more powerful by the minute however she acknowledges that like it or not she still has limits. At which point she consumes that star in an effort to get closer to her previous levels. After which she would have exceeded Galactus' levels.

I've read the Dark Phoenix saga I think. It's the one where Professor X engages Phoenix in a telepathic battle, then Phoenix somehow loses (I can't remember the context), but still lives. After a while they go to the Shi'ar and X-people battle the Imperial Guards and that is when she reverts back into DP and then kills herself with... A... Gun no expression tbh, Reed had never seen a fed Galactus at the time he commented on Phoenix. Unless you're talking about a hungry Galactus, I was right. She was on par with a fed Galactus and had surpassed a weak Galactus. I also recall the full Phoenix Force struggling to put down a hungry Galactus in Excalibur 61. And it was the Phoenix because after the Necrom fight when she went into a coma, she opened herself to the force and they merged. An extremely well-fed Galactus > Phoenix imho.

kgkg
This is a tricky question right?

Uriel005
I've read the Dark Phoenix saga I think. It's the one where Professor X engages Phoenix in a telepathic battle, then Phoenix somehow loses (I can't remember the context), but still lives. After a while they go to the Shi'ar and X-people battle the Imperial Guards and that is when she reverts back into DP and then kills herself with... A... Gun no expression tbh, Reed had never seen a fed Galactus at the time he commented on Phoenix. Unless you're talking about a hungry Galactus, I was right. She was on par with a fed Galactus and had surpassed a weak Galactus. I also recall the full Phoenix Force struggling to put down a hungry Galactus in Excalibur 61. And it was the Phoenix because after the Necrom fight when she went into a coma, she opened herself to the force and they merged. An extremely well-fed Galactus > Phoenix imho.

It goes without saying an extremely well fed Galactus is just absurdly powerful. However even then it doesn't represent Galactus's true power because he is constantly burning energy to keep Abraxas at bay.

GalacticStorm

At the time Reed made the comment he'd encountered Galactus many a time, furthermore he stated at that point prior to Phoenix eating a star that he powers could rival Galactus.'

When you put that all in context, i.e Phoenix had circuit breakers in place cutting off her powers and yet her dark side was breaking these down to get back to her former levels, Moiras readings show her powers growing along a curve with no end in sight, its clear that Dark Phoenix is far greater than Galactus, she however had self imposed restrictions on her powers and Reeds readings came before she'd eaten a star and even after eating it she was at full power.

galactusischere
Dark Phoenix.

TheLordofMurder
I repeat...

DP crushed Dormammu in What If Wolverine became Lord of the Vampires; if she can beat him as quickly and decisively as she did (and Dormmy is, bare minimum, an Odin level character and arguably more powerful) then Odin+Thanos get stomped here...

WhiteWitchKing
I repeat...

DP crushed Dormammu in What If Wolverine became Lord of the Vampires; if she can beat him as quickly and decisively as she did (and Dormmy is, bare minimum, an Odin level character and arguably more powerful) then Odin+Thanos get stomped here...

Keep repeating because no one cares. What If's don't count.

What's in canon is the PF getting killed by laser guns, dragged about and caged by alien space ships, and smashed into a billion pieces by a mutant named Xorn. The PF's durability sucks and that's canon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lulz at people using Reed's statement as evidence that Jean would win. She could rival Galactus.

Odin has been stated to rival Galactus more than once. IRCC Thor once stated Galactus rivaled Odin's power in front of Richards actually and he didn't dispute the claim.

These kind of statements aren't actual conclusive evidence of anything.

An even bigger lulz at the Phoenix wanking. A toss up between Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and the Dark Phoenix? Unless I missed some serious feats, people need to GTFO with statements like that.

Its irrelevant. Dark Phoenix is a mental state, it has nothing to do with the powers of the avatar.

Eh? My opinion on who wins this match is based on what I saw from Jean in the Dark Phoenix Saga.

I separate the level of Phoenix incarnations by story arcs that I've read.

Question: When Rachel possessed the Phoenix Force, did she have a significant boost/lose in power between her Excalibur period and the fight with Galactus?

Another Question: What's are the Phoenix's two greatest feats of power?

If you do answer these questions Galacticstorm. Provide references.

GalacticStorm
Lulz at people using Reed's statement as evidence that Jean would win. She could rival Galactus.

Odin has been stated to rival Galactus more than once. IRCC Thor once stated Galactus rivaled Odin's power in front of Richards actually and he didn't dispute the claim.

These kind of statements aren't actual conclusive evidence of anything.

Youre right such statements alone when unsupported by on panel feats are inconclusive. Reed made the statement before Dark Phoenix went on to eat a star. A feat beyond the vast majority of Galactus' and Dark Phoenix was still not at full power.

An even bigger lulz at the Phoenix wanking. A toss up between Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and the Dark Phoenix? Unless I missed some serious feats, people need to GTFO with statements like that.

It seems you've missed quite a lot, like the premises of this thread because forgive me if im wrong but no mention of the Infinity Gauntlet was made by the thread starter.

Question: When Rachel possessed the Phoenix Force, did she have a significant boost/lose in power between her Excalibur period and the fight with Galactus?

Another Question: What's are the Phoenix's two greatest feats of power?

If you do answer these questions Galacticstorm. Provide references.

These are not new issues or new points youre bringing up which necessitate me going to the effort of uploading pics and posting them. The fact that you do not know what is common knowledge on these forums because of regular debates and numerous explicit on panel showings is your shortcoming. I will not cater for that.

Have a read of the Phoenix Respect thread-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t473316.html

Once youre done, come back and vote Phoenix. eek!

zopzop
@GalacticStorm

GS, I don't have time now but do you have that scan from the Days of Future Present arc where the adult Franklin Richards from the alternate future Rachel Summers is from comes to Earth 616?

Long story short, Rachel is about to send him back when Reed's machine's power sensors go crazy. Her power levels register off the scales, rivaling those of Galactus. RACHEL SUMMERS, the GIMPEST of all the Phoenix Avatars.

Odin + Thanos stand no chance vs DP.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet again, we are faced with a situation of hyperbole over on panel feats. In Theory DP should win. However, DP has taken so many losses to lesser than these two. Maybe it's her mental state.. who knows, but on panel evidence has her losing more than winning. Period.

Rage brought up the IG and Thanos... because of the wanking that was going on in this thread. If people actually believe DP has a chance against Thanos... well that illustrates how misinformed they truly are, nothing more.

I hope the multiversal feat for DP isn't going to be brought up because there are clear issues with it.

In the end, DP should win, but in a comic Odin and Thanos prevail. Based on showings... Odin and Thanos prevail.

GalacticStorm
Yet again, we are faced with a situation of hyperbole over on panel feats. In Theory DP should win. However, DP has taken so many losses to lesser than these two. Maybe it's her mental state.. who knows, but on panel evidence has her losing more than winning. Period.

Rage brought up the IG and Thanos... because of the wanking that was going on in this thread. If people actually believe DP has a chance against Thanos... well that illustrates how misinformed they truly are, nothing more.

I hope the multiversal feat for DP isn't going to be brought up because there are clear issues with it.

In the end, DP should win, but in a comic Odin and Thanos prevail. Based on showings... Odin and Thanos prevail.

Dark Phoenix was limited due to self imposed psychic restraints on her power that her Jean Grey side placed on her power. Her powers levels however were steadily increasing as her dark side eroded those barriers and prior to consuming a star she was rivalling Galactus. After consuming the energy of that star she would have been beyond Galactus who routinely is stated to be at full power upon consuming a planet.

One of an avatars abilities is to transform itself into the Phoenix energy firebird. In this state it is as canon, mutable, indestructible life force. It can be absorbed and used by someone and come out the other end just fine as seen on panel. Its energy matrix can be blown apart and it will still be fine. Thanos isnt even worth mentioning, but Odin cannot do anything to destroy Dark Phoenix because it is not possible. She is more powerful than him and she could absorb his power.

Furthermore the only reason Dark Phoenix was defeated was because she defeated herself. The lives of her friends were at stake and so her good side fought to do the right thing, limiting her powers and forcing herself to commit suicide.

This would not be the case in this matchup. As per forum rules, the characters would be bloodlusted and fighting to the best of their abilities. Dark Phoenixes low showing were all self inflicted.

DP wins.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by zopzop
@GalacticStorm

GS, I don't have time now but do you have that scan from the Days of Future Present arc where the adult Franklin Richards from the alternate future Rachel Summers is from comes to Earth 616?

Long story short, Rachel is about to send him back when Reed's machine's power sensors go crazy. Her power levels register off the scales, rivaling those of Galactus. RACHEL SUMMERS, the GIMPEST of all the Phoenix Avatars.

Odin + Thanos stand no chance vs DP.

I've read it but i dont have it on this new pc. I'll look for it though smile thumb up

TheTyrant
Lulz

When Rachel fought Galactus in Excalibur 61, she possessed the full Phoenix Force. She wasn't an avatar then. She was the Phoenix and the Phoenix was her.

GalacticStorm
When Rachel fought Galactus in Excalibur 61, she possessed the full Phoenix Force. She wasn't an avatar then. She was the Phoenix and the Phoenix was her.

Nowhere on panel in 616 have we seen the full power of the Phoenix Force. As a sentient manifestation of the Big Bang, the Phoenix drawing on its full power would leave reality a void.

What you mean to say is that the Phoenix sentience was in command of her body.

Seeing the firebird avatar flying in a comic doesnt equate to it being the full force. It just means that that is a representation of the sentience of the Force as opposed to a human host being in control and tapping into the Forces power.

Please dont make me post the scan from said issue where the sentience in control is referred to as an avatar of the Force. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.