STAR WARS vs. ANYTHING - Please Read! Participate!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX
Hello ladies and gents.

Recently, the Comic Book Vs. section has introduced the idea of pitching Versus battles, once-a-week, in which Comic Book characters do battle with characters that do not necessarily fall under the Comic Book umbrella. So far, their Cross Genre matches have done fairly well for itself and renewed some interest in that forum (though their traffic is much more than our own to start with). They are moving into Week 9 of the debates, with a new match every week.

In order to get things underway, I want to use this thread to gage the amount of interest such a thing would get within the SWVs. As such, poll.

Additionally, feel free to recommend rules or methods for handling this to help things run smoothly, or even matches that you would like to see. I would keep it to a 1-on-1 match to start things off, perhaps allowing for teams if things go well.

Discuss!

Letum Lettow
Palpatine's Empire vs the IOM.

During the Great Crusade era, righter after Horus found Alparius Omegon. However, this time Chaos will not corrupt and turn Horus leading to the heresy. Also, Chaos is inactive and the other threats are gone for both sides.

However, I am willing to concede that Angron and Konrad's falling might be inevitable.

The situation would be a Andromeda and Milkyway situation. Two Galaxies on top of each other. Starting distance between the two Galaxies would be about 10x the size of the Milky way.

Oh and as a hint, I wouldn't put Palpatine against the GEOM or even some of the more formiddable Primarchs in personal combat.

As for suggestions, How about you take some options, 5-10 or so at a time, poll them, then do the match-up of the top 3 one right after the other.

Vorpal Ruin
Boba Fett vs The Punisher

Ben Skywalker vs Zeratul(Starcraft)

Seba Sebatyne vs The Lizard(Spidermans enemy, not sure if that is his name)

Master_Galen
Boba Fett Vs Batman, now that would be an awesome match up indeed.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Master_Galen
Boba Fett Vs Batman, now that would be an awesome match up indeed.

Yes, it has already been done in this forum though.

Master_Galen
Sorry, my bad. I did type it in the search but did not see it come up.

Btw, who won?

EDIT:
Yeah i was seaching comics vs forum not star wars vs, i have just found the thread and will look at it myself. thanks tho.

Eminence
No factions. 1 v 1 will mean one character v one other character, and I want this is explicitly stated in the rules. If multiple interpretations or incarnations of the non-SW character exist - The Dark Knight Batman, The Animated Series Batman, Batman from current continuity, etc. - one needs to be selected and agreed upon before the thread is created.

Matches featuring anything involving a crew of individuals operating a larger unit, a starship or whatnot, may be pitched here to be approved, modified, or crushed by a member majorityme prior to creation. No such thread in the Star Wars v Star Trek niche will be approved, ever.

These are my conditions.

Do not disappoint me, REXXXX.

Hewhoknowsall
So are we allowed to start making threads by these rules?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

Originally posted by REXXXX
Recently, the Comic Book Vs. section has introduced the idea of pitching Versus battles, once-a-week, in which Comic Book characters do battle with characters that do not necessarily fall under the Comic Book umbrella. So far, their Cross Genre matches have done fairly well for itself and renewed some interest in that forum (though their traffic is much more than our own to start with). They are moving into Week 9 of the debates, with a new match every week.

Hewhoknowsall
He was using an example of the Comic books vs forum, not this forum.

Vorpal Ruin
He was using an example of the Comic books vs forum, not this forum.

Yes thats true. It also seems that he would like to follow that example. That is probably why the example was given in the first place.

AthenasTrgrFngr
this is an experiment guys. its not "lolfree reign go wild kids!" think of it as testing the waters.

- - - - - -Originally posted by Letum Lettow
Palpatine's Empire vs the IOM.

During the Great Crusade era, righter after Horus found Alparius Omegon. However, this time Chaos will not corrupt and turn Horus leading to the heresy. Also, Chaos is inactive and the other threats are gone for both sides.

However, I am willing to concede that Angron and Konrad's falling might be inevitable.

The situation would be a Andromeda and Milkyway situation. Two Galaxies on top of each other. Starting distance between the two Galaxies would be about 10x the size of the Milky way.

Oh and as a hint, I wouldn't put Palpatine against the GEOM or even some of the more formiddable Primarchs in personal combat.

As for suggestions, How about you take some options, 5-10 or so at a time, poll them, then do the match-up of the top 3 one right after the other.

the fact that no one in this thread besides you me and maybe blax knows what youre talking about is why that thread wouldnt be a good idea stick out tongue

plus, too much of warhammer 40k is heresay. at least in my experience, in the majority of discussions ive been in people toss around statements like "space marines can swallow grenades and imperium ships destroy planets with a single torpedo, bolter rifles shoot missiles not bullets! etc. but their proof is generally something like a link to the warhammer wikia or leixicanum, neither of which are actual canons sources.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
this is an experiment guys. its not "lolfree reign go wild kids!" think of it as testing the waters.

But... but...! sad

Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
the fact that no one in this thread besides you me and maybe blax knows what youre talking about is why that thread wouldnt be a good idea stick out tongue

I had no idea what he was talking about. Although a fight of that scale probably shouldn't happen. Way too complex.

Lucius
IoM vs the GE would be ridiculous and inconclusive. I mean 40K is one screwed up setting.

I agree with Faunus with the 1 vs 1 idea.

Hewhoknowsall
The GA vs Middle Earth laughing laughing

truejedi
Still would like to See Yoda vs. Superman or Grievous Vs. Spiderman.

Vorpal Ruin
Corran Horn vs Iron Man!

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi

Superman
Grevious

Zampanó
Mara Jade vs. Batman.

1 week of prep each.

mattatom
Batman.

Eminence

Eminence
truejedi
I didn't know you liked spite threads.

Dr McBeefington
Joe Biden vs. Sarah Palin. GO

Zampanó
Originally posted by Eminence

What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something?

Why are you so mean?

Go to hell.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
Batman.

Eminence
Like TAS Batman to your Mara Jade, I crush you with preparation in a manner that does not necessarily make sense when exposed to outside logic and brood into the shadows.

srsly tho, details. What does one week of prep entail? Does each have access to the resources that would be considered the norm for them in their respective worlds? Where is the fight taking place? Would each combatant bring, if possible, the physical manifestation(s) of his/her preparation (i.e. power suit)?

And I'm assuming this is LOTF Mara?

Nephthys
Naw, Mara Jade would whoop his ass. Force Speed ftw, unless he uses some gadgets to great effect.

Letum Lettow
Comic Deadpool vs Luke. Luke as of TESB.

The prize is Leia.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Naw, Mara Jade would whoop his ass. Force Speed ftw, unless he uses some gadgets to great effect.

But he's The Batman.

Nephthys
Luke chokes him till he blacks out maybe? Luke has no way to actually put him down bar incapacitation.

Vorpal Ruin
Luke chokes him till he blacks out maybe? Luke has no way to actually put him down bar incapacitation.

BFR = win.

Chewbacca vs Bane(The Batman villan)

Pwned
Cad Bane and Darth Bane vs Bane and Batman

3 BANES!!!! ZOMG!!!1!!1!11!11!!!1

REXXXX

No and Never. A match is decided upon, and then I make the thread.

For starting this off, I do not want factions or teams. I may allow them to be introduced later.

I'm seeing a prevalent mention of Batman... pick a Batman, as Faunus has suggested, if people actually want to see a Batman-related fight.

mattatom
If it's a Batman... The Dark Knight.

Vorpal Ruin
I vote Batman from Identity Crisis.

Eminence
Mara Jade isn't nearly cool enough to head a title with Batman, who again is only once at best The Dark Knight Returns] portrayed in a manner that suggests he could be a fair fight for her anyway.

That said, if people like the premise, I'd be fine with Mara Jade circa LOTF and TDKR Batman.

I'm particular about this incarnation of the character because he strikes a reasonable balance between the weaker depictions and the absurdly dangerous continuity and animated versions. No one in the former category - particularly the Nolan/Bale Batman - has demonstrated on any level the ability to prepare for and deal with a prescient psychokinetic who can dodge bullets and cut a tank in half.

A continuity or animated Batman lies on the other end of the spectrum. IIRC, in JLA: Tower of Babel, Batman's notes explain that if he was violently confronted by any rogue charter member of the Justice League barring Superman, he'd be able to "wing it." He prepares contingency plans anyway, but the fact that he feels he could handle Wally West or the Martian Manhunter on a whim suggests that a fight with Mara Jade would be a walk in the park. Physically, he often does difficultridiculousimpossible things.

In a JL episode, TAS Batman rewrote a program for a belt that controlled time, and managed to do so simply because "he got a good look" while fighting the man wearing it. That establishes his ability to deal with extremely weird shit in a very short period of time. If you want to see what he can do physically, just YouTube it.

TDKR Batman is still fast enough to - mostly - evade gunfire, agile enough to shoot a tightrope across rooftops and sprint over it, strong enough to pull a man through a sheetrock wall, skilled enough to do lots of extremely skillful things, and smart enough to qualify as the goddamn Batman.

This Batman, however, is fallible. He is weaker, slower, and yet apparently much luckier than he was in his prime, when he could presumably ban gay marriage with a sidekick. He is technologically far behind his continuity and animated peers, which is not to say that he doesn't have a tank impervious to all human weaponry, a helicopter that can turn invisible, and a power suit that - with lots and lots and lots of preparation and a wee bit of atomic luck - helps him beat down Superman, but he's more limited in what he can bring in against Mara.

So I vote Batman as seen in The Dark Knight Returns. I think this is the one instance in which a case could be made for either character, depending on what parameters we establish regarding the nature of their preparation.

truejedi
I didn't know you liked spite threads.

explain yourself. I really couldn't pick a winner in either one.

truejedi
I think we should include ALL batmen. We include information on Star Wars characters from all sources. We should do the same for selected opponents in this thread.

BTW, I think Mara Jade can take Batman.

Vorpal Ruin
I think we should include ALL batmen. We include information on Star Wars characters from all sources. We should do the same for selected opponents in this thread.

That isn't the same. Star Wars is one continuous time line. Comics branch into different realities sometimes.

truejedi
this is probably a good point. Can you give me an example where it would screw us up, just to drive it home?

Lucius
Dude, Supes would pimpslap Yoda or Palpatine.

truejedi
would he?

Lucius
Yes, he would. This should be obvious to anyone that knows even a little bit about Superman.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Lucius
Yes, he would. This should be obvious to anyone that knows even a little bit about Superman.

I agree, and I'm a much bigger fan for Star Wars than Superman.

truejedi
this is probably a good point. Can you give me an example where it would screw us up, just to drive it home?

truejedi
Can we do: Shaq vs. a Bear?

Letum Lettow
Silver-Age Supes could likely slap the force around. By going to damn fast.

Nephthys
I remember that they did a Supes vs Spidey crossover once and the fight was basically Supes stopping his fist an inch from Spideys face becuase if he'd have connected he would have liquidised him. The sheer wind pressure just from that still blew him through a couple of walls. Thats how a fight with Supes would go with any SW character.

truejedi
I remember that they did a Supes vs Spidey crossover once and the fight was basically Supes stopping his fist an inch from Spideys face becuase if he'd have connected he would have liquidised him. The sheer wind pressure just from that still blew him through a couple of walls. Thats how a fight with Supes would go with any SW character.

would it now? Batman almost beat Superman, if I remember correctly. Sun came out at the wrong time or something and ruined it.

truejedi
Plus its canon fact that any enemy of Superman can easily acquire kryptonite. (and in fact, almost ALWAYS will.)

AthenasTrgrFngr
superman got into a slug fest with a monster that was made out of kryptonite. superman won.

supes > any sw character

mattatom
this is probably a good point. Can you give me an example where it would screw us up, just to drive it home? Pick a Batman, any Batman. SO many to choose from.

Eminence
truejedi
would it now? Batman almost beat Superman, if I remember correctly. Sun came out at the wrong time or something and ruined it.
Batman beat Superman in TDKR... after slapping him around with a volley of x-ray-activated hunter missiles, shooting him with an explosive charge "that could sink a battleship," hitting him with sonics that blow out every window on the block, frying his brain with "every watt" of the city's power grid, squirting acid in his eyes - this is where Bruce observes that he's "finally gotten him angry" - gassing him with synthetic kryptonite, and punching him repeatedly with a suit powered by the city.

Oh, and Superman had just had his flesh ripped off by a nuclear bomb that also threw "hundreds of millions of tons of soot into the stratosphere" and blocked out the sun, cutting him off from his source of power. He gets something back by draining the stored energy of a jungle, but by the time he and Batman fight, the feedback from Bruce's suit tells him Superman isn't fighting at a hundredth of what he is. Even then, before the kryptonite gets put into play - delivered in an arrowhead by the greatest archer on the planet, by the way - Superman has Batman on the ground against a buckled lamppost with three broken ribs and a crushed wrist while he's just broken a sweat.

So yes, with dedicated preparation - culminating in his "best trick" - and the assistance of two third parties, Batman beat a Superman fighting at less than a hundredth of his full strength who didn't really want to hurt him.

Take from that what you will.

no expression

Young Jedi, you must learn to read.

You have the comic continuity Batman, which is like the equivalent of a movie or EU character we might use here. You would be drawing on the information presented to you by several hundred different comics, which would be like the SW movies or novels or comics. Everything that is accepted as canon to the core DCU would be fair game.

Then you have, say, the Batman from Nolan's duology.. The only "canon" information here is what is presented to us in the movies , because it is a completely different and entirely separate take on the character. There are obviously overlaps in plot, character, and theme, but this movie series and the canon continuity exist independently of one another. One does not in any way affect the other, and as a result of Nolan's "realistic" interpretation of Batman, his character would get curbstomped by its canon DCU counterpart.

There are easily a dozen different interpretations of Batman that I can think of on the spot, from the four different movie characters to the multiple animated versions and all the different noncanon graphic novels. We are picking one to draw on, and I personally think the only one that would be a solid match for Mara Jade, neither fodder nor overkill, is the one in The Dark Knight Returns.

Edit: Also, lil bitz of education. Any three or four of those scans should convince you that Superman would rape any SW character at or in excess of the speed of light.

Pwned
Supes might not beat Palps, but Yoda yes.

Palps would have no problem with just ripping him apart piec by frikkin piece with the force......

Yoda wouldnt do that.

Would a lightsaber hurt him?

REXXXX
This conversation has helped to determine that, yes, we need a specific version of a character!

BruceSkywalker
how about Jango and Bobba v. Deadshot and the Punisher

one thing is for sure absolutely no star wars v. star trek threads they've already been done...

Originally posted by Pwned
Supes might not beat Palps, but Yoda yes.

Palps would have no problem with just ripping him apart piec by frikkin piece with the force......

Yoda wouldnt do that.

Would a lightsaber hurt him?

supes would no doubt smile after being hit by a lightsaber

Nephthys
Pwned a Lightsaber is super-hot plasma in a force containment tube. Basically its just really hot. Superman can fly into the Sun, withstand nuclear explosions and bathe in lava. A lightsaber won't do jack to him. And I laugh at the concept of Palpatine 'ripping him apart.' roll eyes (sarcastic)

I personally think the animated Batman is a good match-up. He's meta-human enough to take on Jedi-level opponents and has various gadgets to help him. Plus we probably actually know stuffs about him.

Gideon
I'm not a comic book junkie (staying on top of comic books is probably the only thing more time consuming or demanding than staying on top of politics), but can Superman resist Force-based immobilization? What if Palpatine (or Luke or Yoda or anyone else sufficiently powerful) simply moves to hold Superman still with the Force?

Nephthys
I doubt they can hold something that can propell itself with enough force to move at lightspeeds.

Gideon
Nephthys
I doubt they can hold something that can propell itself with enough force to move at lightspeeds.

I'll leave it to our resident physics experts (you know who you are).

Eminence
Gideon
I'm not a comic book junkie (staying on top of comic books is probably the only thing more time consuming or demanding than staying on top of politics), but can Superman resist Force-based immobilization? What if Palpatine (or Luke or Yoda or anyone else sufficiently powerful) simply moves to hold Superman still with the Force?
Planets, stars, and black holes can't hold Superman still.

Again, the Respect thread should quickly put down the idea that anyone - or everyone, under most VF circumstances - in the SWU can do anything to Superman against his will.

This is not up for debate. Do not bring it up again, or I will be forced to actually post in your forum.

truejedi
we don't have any actual physics experts.

Gideon
I demand proof.

truejedi
we don't have any actual physics experts.

But it makes us sound awesome.

truejedi
Soooo... could the creatures that killed Leia kill Superman?

truejedi
They are described as ominipotent, after all.

Anyway, more on topic:

I don't see how Batman will be able to face a force-user. Especially one at master-level like Mara is (unless she simply slept her way to the top)

Batman's use of darkness and surprise is completely moot because Mara can sense him in the force.

His use of superior hand-to-hand is more or less mooted because Mara is holding a weapon that will take his hand off.

His speed and reflexes cannot be proven to be faster than a force user...

his gadgets are almost without exception blockable with a force push.

Basically we are putting Boba fett against a jedi without his blaster or jet-pack. He just isn't going to win many.

SIDIOUS 66
I heard Superman's greatest weakness was magic. Maybe only a sith lord who practices magic may have a chance at beating Superman... MAYBE.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm not a comic book junkie (staying on top of comic books is probably the only thing more time consuming or demanding than staying on top of politics), but can Superman resist Force-based immobilization? What if Palpatine (or Luke or Yoda or anyone else sufficiently powerful) simply moves to hold Superman still with the Force? He could probably break free of it via Brute physical force. And if its Silver age, STFU.

Also, he has lazahs.

Omega Vision
I'd love to see a thread involving some appropriate Star Wars faction vs the Replicators from Stargate SG-1

Pwned
Soooo... could the creatures that killed Leia kill Superman? LEIA DIED?!?!?!?!?!?

What killed her?????

Lord Lucien
The Bedlam Spirits that inhabited an unidentified planet near Bedlam Pulsar. One of the spirits was called Splendid Ap, so one can imagine Leia was killed by the awesomeness of its iPhone.

mattatom
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I heard Superman's greatest weakness was magic. Maybe only a sith lord who practices magic may have a chance at beating Superman... MAYBE. Zannah? Sorcery?

Eminence
Still the Force, you fools.

Really, stop it, or I will have you killed.

truejedi
could the force tentacles that took off Bane's hand take off Superman's hand?

(and Faunus, i'm serious about the omnipotent beings that killed Leia. I think they would have a chance against superman)

Lord Lucien
You're welcome, by the way.

Gideon
Since the Force Unleashed portrays Palpatine Force-gripping the Rogue Shadow (which tries to escape), I submit to you that he can immobilize Superman. Not only does the ship outweigh Superman by several orders of magnitude (I assume), but it's capable of faster than light travel.

Q.E.D., Palpatine holds Superman in place until he decides what to do with him.

Lord Lucien
Crush his skull with Force-itude.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Crush his skull with Force-itude.

How many times must I tell you THAT WE HAVE FVCKING WORK TO DO?! POST ON THE FVCKING SWR FORUM AND HELP US OUT YOU MISERABLE SONOFABITCH!

Lord Lucien
I SIGNED UP.

gawd!

Eminence
Gideon
Since the Force Unleashed portrays Palpatine Force-gripping the Rogue Shadow (which tries to escape), I submit to you that he can immobilize Superman. Not only does the ship outweigh Superman by several orders of magnitude (I assume), but it's capable of faster than light travel.
Since you cannot prove the Rogue Shadow had engaged its hyperdrive before Palpatine grabbed it which it didn't, because when he did it was landing to pick up Starkiller (note the goddamn landing gear), that it engaged them while Palpatine spun it like a toy, that this ending is canon because it's not, that even if Palpatine could grab him before being slapped into atomic dust he can't he could withstand Superman's incalculably powerful heat vision while attempting to keep him from accelerating to superluminal speeds, or that Palpatine isn't gay, I submit to you that you must STFU.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd love to see a thread involving some appropriate Star Wars faction vs the Replicators from Stargate SG-1 Spite.

Replicators win. Period.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Gideon

Q.E.D., Palpatine holds Superman in place until he decides what to do with him. FTL?

So is Superman.

Gideon
Eminence
Since you cannot prove the Rogue Shadow had engaged its hyperdrive before Palpatine grabbed it which it didn't, because when he did it was landing to pick up Starkiller (note the goddamn landing gear),

WTF. When Palpatine grabbed it, the Rogue Shadow clearly moves to break his hold and escape. It fails to do so.

What's your point? I didn't say Palpatine could immobilize Superman when Superman is moving faster than the speed of light; but it's clear that once Palpatine has him in a Force grip, Superman won't be able to do shit.

Yeah, I went there!

It's non-canon because it didn't happen in the official continuity; that doesn't mean the display of power itself is out of the realm of Palpatine's abilities. Especially when one considers the fact that the dark side ending is contingent solely on a different personal choice made by Starkiller, we have no choice but to accept the power itself as canon.

This is more or less like suggesting that Yoda will break Asajj Ventress's neck if they fought. He could, but he won't. Superman will try conventional means to subdue his enemy; Palpatine will simply use the Force to immobilize him.

I didn't say Palpatine would win; I said he could hold Superman.

Lucius
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
Spite.

Replicators win. Period.

We can toss SW a bone and give then O'neal.

truejedi
i don't think he could hold superman.

Gideon
truejedi
i don't think he could hold superman.

WELL WHO ASKED YOU SIR?!

truejedi
i interjected.

Gideon
tj
i interjected.

shifty

So did I.

All over your mom's face.

Get it?

no expression

truejedi
i don't understand.

Letum Lettow
We can toss SW a bone and give then O'neal. Without the specific way they died, its mostly irrelevant.

See, the main difference between SG1 and ST is that SG1 didn't forget 99% of its asspulls and its asspulls were far grander.

The Replicators were defeated because of Deus Ex Machina. A level 3-4 on the Kardashev scale civilization's Legacy defeated them.

Thing is, the ancients were even more incompetent than anybody could claim the Forerunners ever were. But they also left more disastrous messes.

Eminence
Gideon
WTF. When Palpatine grabbed it, the Rogue Shadow clearly moves to break his hold and escape. It fails to do so.
The ship attempting to escape does not equate to it activating its hyperdrive, which is not an instantaneous process and likely requires that the pilots have their faces free of unwanted circuitry, metal, and brains immediately after being jerked around while very clearly not attempting to accelerate to lightspeed.

You're saying that either Palpatine will be able to actively prevent Superman from accelerating to superluminal speeds via brute force or that his hold (on the ship as well, of course) is not based on application of pressure at all, enabling the Emperor to circumvent Superman's tremendous strength, ability to rapidly accelerate his mass to superluminal speeds - which you don't seem to understand requires absurdimpossible amounts of energy - and turn-head-and-look-at-shit powers.

Those are both retarded.

This is despite the fact that Superman can move at the speed of fvcking light, and therefore is unlikely to allow Palpatine the time to register his presence in the first place.

If you need your smallest of penisesvictories, I will allow you to continue believing this. My lack of shit giving will not interfere.

If this were the case, and you accepted the idea that Yoda was so far beyond her there was nothing she could do about it, you would accept that it is perfectly within Yoda's abilities to incapacitate her by means that don't violate his moral code.

And he has.

Yoda cannot travel multiple orders of magnitude faster than Ventress can, exert multiple orders of magnitude more pressure than Ventress can, emit incalculable levels of heat energy from his eyes, or freeze things with his breath.

It's clear that you need to go to sleep.

And then Superman will try to move, and Palpatine will cry because he can't do jack shit about it.

I didn't say you did.

You said, in no remotely uncertain terms, that he could do so against Superman's will. This is not the case.

You will cease, or I will have you raped. I have blacks on my payroll.

Pwned
^ Ill see your monologue and raise you one force storm.......

what could Supes do about that I wonder.......... huh

Didnt a storm like that teleport Luke to Byss?

Q99
Couldn't he just fly around it?

MadMel
Superman can take solar-system and sometimes even galaxy destroying blasts - A force storm won't do shit to him. erm
And just to clarify - Supes can travel not only at the speed of light, but several times the speed of light. He can move from the earth to the sun in seconds, whereas light takes eight minutes.

truejedi
yep. The only chance star wars has against him is with the omnipotent beings, or maybe Abeloth can get all in his head.

Eminence
Pwned
^ Ill see your monologue and raise you one force storm.......

If you bother me again, you will be shanked. We have a certain shankhappy individual here at the VF and he will shank you.

Nephthys
Is it me?

Pwned
I thought it was me........

Omega Vision
We can toss SW a bone and give then O'neal.
Jack O'Niell, Teal'c, Han Solo, and Chewbacca working together....the mind boggles.

Seriously though I was thinking about the Replicators vs the Yuuzhan Vong.

Shoes
Originally posted by Pwned
I thought it was me........

It's a he.

RE: Blaxican
So, we're five pages in, it's been almost week, and we've yet to be able to agree on a single thread. Can we focus? no expression

Considering Superman vs. ______ seems to be popular, can we halt the Superman debate in here, have the thread made, and continue it in there proper like?

Or... with other people. mmm

REXXXX
Yes, please decide on a match or this cannot proceed.

Eminence
Superman vs any character in SW on whom we have sufficient information is blatant spite.

Blax, you pick something that does not involve him and we'll go with it.

REXXXX
Yeah, I'm going to rule that Superman is not a worthy thread for the SWVs. section. Matches will need to be reasonably close.

truejedi
so batman vs. any jedi is out, as it becomes a spite against Batman.

XanatosForever
I suggest....Darth Vader, Original Trilogy attire, with requisite feats (G-Canon, obviously, and any others that may be deemed legal) Versus Magneto from the X-Men movie series, played by Sir Ian McKellen. He may utilize all feats from the movie series.

I think this would be an interesting match up. Magneto could possibly utilize his mutant powers to great effect, but I believe Vader is skilled enough in the Force to possibly challenge him.

truejedi
Magneto Vs. Sidious is very interesting too...

Omega Vision
Give Batman a lightsaber and a month's training with it and I can see him fighting someone like Asajj Ventress rather well.

truejedi
but he doesn't get those things in a vs. thread...

Zampanó
Clearly not, as shown by Eminence's total domination of anything you tried to say on the subject. Crazyglue Batman wins.

truejedi
all of his top attributes mean nothing against a force sensitive. he loses.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t0lQn5Q&feature=channel

Zampanó

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t0lQn5Q&feature=channel

Omega Vision
How about the Rebel Alliance (ROTJ) vs the Goa'uld Empire (Stargate SG-1)?

ares834
Superman vs any Jedi/Sith is spite.
Supes wins.

Batman vs any highly capable Jedi/Sith (such as Mara Jade) is spite.
Jedi/Sith win.

Movie Magneto vs someone would be cool though.

truejedi

Letum Lettow
How about this.

Somewhere, in the under-city deep in Coruscant, a Core Commander builds a metal extractor.

Originally posted by Q99
Couldn't he just fly through it?

Fixed.

Eminence
truejedi
You're ascending to DS-class density at a truly astronomical rate.

If you wish to continue your "argument" against Batman in an appropriate thread, you have two options:

1 ) You will read my goddamn posts and supply line-by-line rebuttals with named sources and specific counters.

2) You are going to read through the Batman Respect thread. You will click on each and every link, read each and every word on each and every panel, and very quickly accept that you are completely wrong.

Since you aren't actually going to do either of those things, you will henceforth stop being a complete dumbass.

I am willing to forgive your complete and almost certainly intentional sidestep of every one of my posts - which have presented the case in a concise and rarely condescending manner and to the point of handpicking for you the incarnation of Batman most suitable as an opponent for Mara Jade - if it means you will actually do a little bit of research into issues or characters you clearly don't know shit about. But if you're not going to read things posted specifically for your benefit or educate yourself so I don't have to, don't spite me by posting the same inane drivel ad nauseam. That's called trolling, and it's a bannable offense.

truejedi
you are going to stop being an ass. right now.

truejedi
you are going to stop being an ass. right now.

no, i mean it. When have you addressed a single post to me on this entire thread yet? So don't say i "side-stepped" your posts when we haven't even been discussing this.

Letum Lettow
you are going to stop being an ass. right now. No he won't. 131

truejedi
i take it back you did address a post to me way back on page 3: You picked the "Dark Knight" version of batman to fight Mara, correct? what is it about that character that could possibly compete with a jedi? I mean, Christian Bale is bad A, but he isn't nearly that Bad A.

Eminence
truejedi
no, i mean it. When have you addressed a single post to me on this entire thread yet? So don't say i "side-stepped" your posts when we haven't even been discussing this.
What the fvck?

Read.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I suggest....Darth Vader, Original Trilogy attire, with requisite feats (G-Canon, obviously, and any others that may be deemed legal) Versus Magneto from the X-Men movie series, played by Sir Ian McKellen. He may utilize all feats from the movie series.

I think this would be an interesting match up. Magneto could possibly utilize his mutant powers to great effect, but I believe Vader is skilled enough in the Force to possibly challenge him.

Gentleman, not to interject, but I would like some feedback.

Eminence
XanatosForever
Gentleman, not to interject, but I would like some feedback.
Sorry.

I was going to say I liked that idea, but I'm not sure movie Magneto's quick enough to do anything to Vader before simply being strangled to death; for all his immense power, he has no defense against simple telekinesis.

It's the closest we've gotten to a balanced thread since page one, though. moar plz

SIDIOUS 66
How about Darth Sidious vs the One Above All? I think that would be a close one.

Lol, I'm kidding.

No, but really, how about Exar Kun vs Mandarin (from Iron Man)? Not sure which carnation of Mandarin would be best. I'm thinking the comics?

XanatosForever
Sorry.

I was going to say I liked that idea, but I'm not sure movie Magneto's quick enough to do anything to Vader before simply being strangled to death; for all his immense power, he has no defense against simple telekinesis.

It's the closest we've gotten to a balanced thread since page one, though. moar plz

I'm not sure how true that is, though I do believe you're right. His helmet was made to counteract psychic abilities, mostly due to Professor Xavier, but I don't know if that would include forms of psychokinesis.

There's also the fact it would be a form of Force manipulation, not standard Psy stuff.

I'll try and come up with something else a little later.

Lord Lucien
To be "realistic" about it though, there isn't anything from another universe or mythos that can defend against and counteract the Force.

Slash_KMC
I'm one of the two people against this idea.

truejedi
i'm beginning to understand why. these universes are so different that this is going to be very opinionated no matter what.

XanatosForever
To be "realistic" about it though, there isn't anything from another universe or mythos that can defend against and counteract the Force.

Yes, but if we're going to be taking that route, lack of transparency will make for "this won't work against this" in every single thread, and that's hardly good debating.

Aede Madavan
I don't know if that's even the case. The Force usually manifests itself indirectly in an non alien form which should be able to be defended against using conventional means, and when the Force manifests directly it still exists as energy which should be able to be manipulated by general material manipulation, given enough control.

CB Magneto would also be spite against any Force User but movie Mags should be an even match for some of the mid-upper tier Force Users.

Lucius
What about Rand al'Thor from Wot?

Vorpal Ruin

Nothing like the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet or the Ultimate Nullfifier. Or beings like Agent Orange, Myx and Thanos.

XanatosForever
Alright, how about instead of Jedi, we try and use someone a bit more easier to argue with.

How about Han Solo Versus Indiana Jones?

Both are master gunmen, though it can be argued that Han is the faster draw, and possibly better shot, while I think Indy's better in a brawl.

Eminence
Reloaded Neo vs. Dark Empire Palpatine.

All of Manhattan.

cool

Nephthys
tHAT WOULD BE EPIC. sECONDED.

edit: Oh goddamn it.

Sure, I'll second that. With AC banned and gone no one has to worry about him popping and raging.

truejedi
that would definitly be interesting. i already have no idea! aaaaah.

Eminence
Sure, I'll second that. With AC banned and gone no one has to worry about him popping and raging.
link 2 ban

XanatosForever
So which suggestion is getting the nods? I'm assuming it's Eminence's.

link 2 ban

?

Aede Madavan
"reporting someone he flamed first"? Really?

Eminence
I expected something explosive. And why did he get five bans?

Bah.

Palpatine gets no lightsaber, for obvious reasons.

DO IT REXXXX

truejedi
what's the difference between a global mod and a regular mod?

Eminence
Global mods wield the Banhammer.

truejedi
hmm, well rex can ban you, cause he banned some foolish folks.... and obviously Ush and Peach and Queeq... what's an example of a non-global mod?

Eminence
Years ago, before the REXXXX... there was merely Captain REX.

His early tenure as a mod was nonglobal, so he had to wait for Ushgarak to pop in and ban away. Ush was frequently obnoxious.

Thankfully, REXXXX's promotion means we get to see much less of him.

truejedi
Ush was a tad scary. its true. I think i remember Captain Rex becoming a mod in the first place, but perhaps I mis-remember like Andy Pettite.

Zampanó
What's all this past tense being used for? Srsly hawt dramaz went down in the Suggestion thread at the end of July and he was there in full Force.

(He doesn't like me 'cuz I'm insufferable.)

truejedi
i only frequent this thread and the Lit and Exp Universe one. so i haven't seen ush in quite some time.

Lord Lucien
Ush who?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>