Heralds vs God Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Classic versions of all. Fight on a barren Earth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Surfer, Stardust, Firelord, Morg, and Terrax

vs

Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, Wonder Woman, and Black Adam

amnesia
heralds.

TheLordofMurder
Herc and WW are the weak links that cause the "God Squad" to lose; they lack flight and versatility...

Heralds win convincingly...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Herc and WW are the weak links that cause the "God Squad" to lose; they lack flight and versatility...

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/19/1228652_1280x1920.jpg

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/Wonder_Woman_Flying_Super_48e44c656f095.jpg

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Wonderwoman lacks flight?

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Wonderwoman lacks flight? I think he means herc lacks flight while WW lacks versatility

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol. Maybe his talking about current Wonder Woman who doesn't have flight?

I think Thor, Bill, and Adam would beat Surfer, Stardust and Terrax. I'd give the edge to Fire Lord and Morg if they match up against Hercules and Diana. It would however be a pretty tough fight. Fire Lord resorts to mostly blasting his opponents away while Morg goes in physical. Those type of mentalities directly play into the strengths of the Greek duo.

I'd say a split. An argument can be made for either side to win. I might favor the Herald. I'd assume all of them outside of Fire Lord would go for the throat. Even Norrin nowadays seems more of a warrior and less of a pacifist.

Naija boy
Heralds definitely take this. Hercules can be incapacitated pretty easily
by the higher level heralds and would even lose to terrax who is the weakest on that team. Surfer can take anyone on the God squad, and so can Morg probably. Firelord can hold his own against anyone of them and beat some as well. Then we have stardust who if matched up against the Godsquad opponents limited to mainly physical attacks would be at an immediate advantage, and who can also hold his own/defeat the ones not limited to mainly physical attacks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Heralds definitely take this. Hercules can be incapacitated pretty easily
by the higher level heralds and would even lose to terrax who is the weakest on that team. Surfer can take anyone on the God squad, and so can Morg probably. Firelord can hold his own against anyone of them and beat some as well. Then we have stardust who if matched up against the Godsquad opponents limited to mainly physical attacks would be at an immediate advantage, and who can also hold his own/defeat the ones not limited to mainly physical attacks.

Don't underestimate Hercules. His pretty tough. Any of the heralds can defeat him easily if they play smart, but let's be honest here, outside of maybe Norrin and Stardust, the rest are likely going to engage him head on. That would play to his strength's. I could definitely see Hercules doing pretty well against Morg or Terrax, the more physically oriented Heralds.

But I think I'd give the win to the heralds now. The God Squad's victory depends too much on chance. And on whether or not Thor decides to cut loose and solo the other side.

I still think Thor and Bill would naturally match up with Norrin and Stardust. Hercules is likely to match up with Fire Lord due to their history. Terrax and Morg would be left to face Wonder Woman and Adam most likely. Heralds would edge them out if either Terrax, Morg or FireLord defeat their opponent sooner rather than later. The heralds are more powerful overall.

janus77
Heralds win.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And on whether or not Thor decides to cut loose and solo the other side.
lolwut?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
lolwut?

Hey, I can't start being completely objective and shit.

Naija boy
Don't underestimate Hercules. His pretty tough. Any of the heralds can defeat him easily if they play smart, but let's be honest here, outside of maybe Norrin and Stardust, the rest are likely going to engage him head on. That would play to his strength's. I could definitely see Hercules doing pretty well against Morg or Terrax, the more physically oriented Heralds.

But I think I'd give the win to the heralds now. The God Squad's victory depends too much on chance. And on whether or not Thor decides to cut loose and solo the other side.

I still think Thor and Bill would naturally match up with Norrin and Stardust. Hercules is likely to match up with Fire Lord due to their history. Terrax and Morg would be left to face Wonder Woman and Adam most likely. Heralds would edge them out if either Terrax, Morg or FireLord defeat their opponent sooner rather than later. The heralds are more powerful overall.

Hercules should realistically have a chance against only terrax and even then hed still lose. He would have absolutely no hope against Morg though. Given the nature of Morgs weapon (and the fact that he isnt as stupid as terraX), him matching up against Hercules would be disastrous. The match could literally be over in one shot. Moreover Morg matching up against Thor would also not be the best either given thors penchant for physical brawling, and the ever looming possibility of decapitation or at the very least lifethreatening injuries if Morg manages to land an axe strike (which is likely)

Sasaraixx
Heralds

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Starscream M
I think he means herc lacks flight while WW lacks versatility

This is what I meant...

I should have been clearer though...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules should realistically have a chance against only terrax and even then hed still lose. He would have absolutely no hope against Morg though. Given the nature of Morgs weapon (and the fact that he isnt as stupid as terraX), him matching up against Hercules would be disastrous. The match could literally be over in one shot. Moreover Morg matching up against Thor would also not be the best either given thors penchant for physical brawling, and the ever looming possibility of decapitation or at the very least lifethreatening injuries if Morg manages to land an axe strike (which is likely)

I don't see him matching up well with either Norrin or Stardust. Especially Stardust. FireLord's stock has fallen since their original encounter but I'm assuming he can still burn Hercules like he could before but his still mostly blasts and takes on opponents head on. I think Hercules could hold his own.

Why would it be disastrous? Morg is purely a physical opponent with an axe that could cut Hercules. I'm not as well versed in Hercules' history as I am in Thor's, but I highly doubt taking on an opponent with an axe that could kill him is something his unfamiliar with. As a matter of fact, didn't Typhoon have an axe in his fight with Hercules? This fight also reminds me that Hercules has had his mace a great deal currently. I think it would fall under the standard equipment rule now. Meaning he wouldn't have to resort to only dodging.

Thor being a purely physical opponent means he has had a great deal of experience fighting opponents like Morg. Frankly, I think Thor would do better against Morg than he would against Surfer. Same goes for Herc. The option of simply beating the shit out of his opponent straight up would be more readily available to Thor against Morg than it would be against Norrin. Thor also has a very good track record of dodging weapons or attacks that could harm him in close quarters and dealing with said attackers. Going overboard there with life threatening aren't you bud? On average Morg would break Thor's skin but he isn't taking off limbs or anything with his strikes.

Starscream M
not sure if this makes a difference, but herc gets his mace for this fight

Naija boy
I don't see him matching up well with either Norrin or Stardust. Especially Stardust. FireLord's stock has fallen since their original encounter but I'm assuming he can still burn Hercules like he could before but his still mostly blasts and takes on opponents head on. I think Hercules could hold his own.

Why would it be disastrous? Morg is purely a physical opponent with an axe that could cut Hercules. I'm not as well versed in Hercules' history as I am in Thor's, but I highly doubt taking on an opponent with an axe that could kill him is something his unfamiliar with. As a matter of fact, didn't Typhoon have an axe in his fight with Hercules? This fight also reminds me that Hercules has had his mace a great deal currently. I think it would fall under the standard equipment rule now. Meaning he wouldn't have to resort to only dodging.

Thor being a purely physical opponent means he has had a great deal of experience fighting opponents like Morg. Frankly, I think Thor would do better against Morg than he would against Surfer. Same goes for Herc. The option of simply beating the shit out of his opponent straight up would be more readily available to Thor against Morg than it would be against Norrin. Thor also has a very good track record of dodging weapons or attacks that could harm him in close quarters and dealing with said attackers. Going overboard there with life threatening aren't you bud? On average Morg would break Thor's skin but he isn't taking off limbs or anything with his strikes.

Really i dont see how hercules could possibly hold his own against firelord. Hercules cant fly, and is limited to purely physical attacks, meanwhile firelord can just stay in the air and incinearate him while he is on the ground. Firelords range advantage is way too much for hercules. Very bad matchup for him there.

Morgs axe was able to rips surfers board clean in half with only one strike so it would without a doubt kill hercules depending on where it landed. Hercules may be used to taking on opponents with weapons that can kill him but the fact remains that, they CAN KILL him (in this case with one shot) and therefore it is still a huge disadvantage. Moreover, even giving him his mace will not make a fight between he and morg equal because morg still has an insane energy output which Hercules has no counter for(which he can use in conjunction with his axe). So he either goes out via, being split in half or gets taken out via Morgs energy output. Once again terrible matchup

Thor being a physical brawler does mean that he has the opportunity to simply beat up Morg in a physical match but also means that he is going to be susceptible to the same treatment from Morg. Moreover in melee combant between two characters with similar fighting styles, Edged weapons are generally superior to blunt weapons due to potential damage output per strike. Then given that Thors durability towards edged weapons has never been the greatest and that we hve seen Morg slice Surfers board in half with one swing.........the rest should be clear. Thor avoiding all of Morgs attacks and not taking even a single hit in Melee combat is highly unlikely (actually it simply wont happen, thors not captain america here) and with each hit Morg will be inflicting much more damage than vice versa. Morgs axe is also longer so he has the reach advantage as well. Hence not the best matchup for thor given his need to brawl with brawlers.....Against Surfer thor has an effective method of countering his main method of attack (energy blasts) and even on the occassions they do land it would cause much less damage than if he gets axed by Morg.

Bouboumaster
I say Heralds, for the sole reason that is grouded. If he wasn't, it would be a completly new match.

Black bolt z
Does morg have WOL?Thats could be a game changer.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Does morg have WOL? no.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really i dont see how hercules could possibly hold his own against firelord. Hercules cant fly, and is limited to purely physical attacks, meanwhile firelord can just stay in the air and incinearate him while he is on the ground. Firelords range advantage is way too much for hercules. Very bad matchup for him there.

Like I told you before, he could win easily, but he won't. From what I've seen from his encounters with Thor and Hercules, he gets in close range, unleashes some blasts, and even tried to engage Thor physically at one point. I think Hercules can work his way through his blasts or get his hands on him if FireLord fights like he did in his Thor appearances. Thor did. He can however withstand Fire Lord attack's without being burned.

Morgs axe was able to rips surfers board clean in half with only one strike so it would without a doubt kill hercules depending on where it landed. Hercules may be used to taking on opponents with weapons that can kill him but the fact remains that, they CAN KILL him (in this case with one shot) and therefore it is still a huge disadvantage. Moreover, even giving him his mace will not make a fight between he and morg equal because morg still has an insane energy output which Hercules has no counter for(which he can use in conjunction with his axe). So he either goes out via, being split in half or gets taken out via Morgs energy output. Once again terrible matchup

Kill Hercules? I would debate the point but Hercules just doesn't have the feats. I'll guess he'll have to depend on his superior skills, dodging etc.

Morg is not splitting Hercules in half. I think if he get's in close, Hercules would hold his own. Hercules doesn't really have any counter for his energy projection, but from what I've seen, Morg isn't going to be unleashing much more than just regular energy blasts for the majority of the time. But I agree, Hercules would lose the majority to any herald.

Man, Hercules' upgrade is definitely a long time coming.

Thor being a physical brawler does mean that he has the opportunity to simply beat up Morg in a physical match but also means that he is going to be susceptible to the same treatment from Morg. Moreover in melee combant between two characters with similar fighting styles, Edged weapons are generally superior to blunt weapons due to potential damage output per strike. Then given that Thors durability towards edged weapons has never been the greatest and that we hve seen Morg slice Surfers board in half with one swing.........the rest should be clear. Thor avoiding all of Morgs attacks and not taking even a single hit in Melee combat is highly unlikely (actually it simply wont happen, thors not captain america here) and with each hit Morg will be inflicting much more damage than vice versa. Morgs axe is also longer so he has the reach advantage as well. Hence not the best matchup for thor given his need to brawl with brawlers.....Against Surfer thor has an effective method of countering his main method of attack (energy blasts) and even on the occassions they do land it would cause much less damage than if he gets axed by Morg.

Morg is not beating Thor straight up in a physical match. So what if Morg has a weapon that can damage Thor? It's called dodging and blocking. Thor is physically superior to Morg, along with having a hell of a lot more skill showings. I personally see Thor going toe to toe, locking up with Morg for a bit, and then eventually beating the shit out of him while dodging most of Morg's swipes. When Thor has to use his skill, he does. Which usually ends up showing that he has a pretty great advantage over his opponents. Absorbing Man, and Man Beast can attest to that.

Morg destroying Surfer's board is not evidence his killing Thor with his axe. FireLord has had the power output to do so and the closest he has come to damaging him with his attacks is when he unleashed his energy in an inferno with Thor in the epicenter which caused Thor's strength to start weakening. And that's after Thor had just faced and kill AirWalker.

Thor may not be on Norrin's level in terms of piercing -at least on average- but he also his higher end feats.

Unlikely? It has happened. In my head, I picture this fight ending similar to this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog7.jpg

Or this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor7.jpg

I am not arguing that Thor is going to dodge every single hit (Although I think he could.) I do see Thor getting hit with the axe once as to learn it's power. But Thor has been shown that when push comes to shove or his in danger, he will dodge attacks instead of taking them square on the chin.

Haha, reach advantage. Good one.

Thor consistently facing beings like the Destroyer, Mangog, etc. makes him very qualified to beat down Morg. And it's not as if Thor has a specific villain that wields an axe while being extremely powerful....

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsExectunioner3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsExectunioner5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsExectunioner6.jpg

Just so show Thor has some experience fighting axe wielding opponents.

Nah, Thor would do better against Morg than he would against Surfer. Morg might wield a bladed weapon, but his weaker, less powerful, and less skilled than Thor. That's a great Thor beat down waiting to happen. Morg should have been created during DeFalco's era.

Question, can Morg's axe return to him? This move alone would be helpful in a battle:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsExectunioner8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsExectunioner9.jpg

I don't think it's a wash for Thor or anything. He did have that one low showing against an amped Loki with a flaming sword designed to hurt Thor, but he takes a majority for certain against Morg. More so than he would against Norrin.

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Naija boy
Like I told you before, he could win easily, but he won't. From what I've seen from his encounters with Thor and Hercules, he gets in close range, unleashes some blasts, and even tried to engage Thor physically at one point. I think Hercules can work his way through his blasts or get his hands on him if FireLord fights like he did in his Thor appearances. Thor did. He can however withstand Fire Lord attack's without being burned.

Attempting to engage in brawls with anyone who is of a similar mindstate, is not an attribute which is entrenched in Firelords character as it is with thor. Hence by virtue of the full capacity and no PIS rules, he would NOT do this. Moreover Hercules and Thor are not equivalent characters. Thor has mjolnir to negate long range blasts from Firelord and return fire. Consequently in a fight against Thor physical engagement would be a much wiser decision than in a fight against a no flight-no blast-no shield character like hercules. Also Firelords blasts are powerful enough to enable him go toe to toe in shootouts with Surfer and severly harm him.....Hercules isnt going to simply wade through them and can infact get koed by them fairly easily.

Hercules is what would be described as a skilled brawler. He is no top class MA in terms of things like agility and speed. As a result him getting tagged by Morg is extremely likely. Morg doesnt need to split Herc in half, he simply needs to land a full forced hit somewhere on his upper torso and that will constitute the end of Herc. Further Morgs "regular energy blasts" are also more than strong enough to put Herc out of commission. Integrating them with his axe attacks or emitting them from the axe itself midswing would nullify any skill advantage held by Herc. Herc would lose that battle very quickly (as he would against any herald really)

Thor like Herc is no Captain america so his level of dodging is not overly impressive. Thor is physically superior but in many of his physical fights he still takes almost as much as he dishes out. He cant afford that here. The Firelord example is inapplicable seeing as Thors piercing durability is pretty distinct from his energy durability. Moreover what makes Morgs feat even more impressive is that the silvery material that composes surfers board is in contrast to thor particularly durable against slicng/piercing attacks. The axe has much superior damage potential in melee combat to hammer strikes in this case. Thor is indeed more skilled tho his usage of this skill is not as significant as u make it out to be. Wasnt the fight against man beast the fight were Thor was senses were overwhelmed by the complexity of man beasts karate chop?.....heh, in any case he didnt really showcase any prodigous skillin that fight (especially as far as dodging and agiility are concerned, he just punched man beast out.

Good feats but hardly the stuff of legend. Morg in his battles has also dodged attacks from Terrax and airwalker but i still know that through the course of a fight he is definitely going to take hits. Thor mentality may change to one of evasion during the fight but given his penchant for brawling he is definitely going to get tagged and due to the weapon in play here i doubt he will cope very well with that........

The destroyer and Mangog are very different opponents and thor doesnt do that well against them anyways. Moreover the executional is similar but id say is a step below in powerlevel. Morg might be physically weaker and less powerful than Thor but the nature of his weapon gives him the superior damage output which neutralizes those advantages. Moreover i dont see the skill advantage being significant considering they both of have similar fighting styles. I havent seen Morgs axe return to him in a similar manner that thors hammer does though. I dont think Thor takes a majority from Norrin at all either but for the aforementioned reasons neither do i think he does from Morg in his typical mindstate. Anyhow i know u wont budge on this one tho so w/e......Suffice to say that even if Thor does beat Morg Heralds will still win. further An advantage of this match up is that if thor faces Morg then Norrin is facing another opponent (and on that team thor has the best chance against him) who he would probably finish with alot quicker leaving him open to help others out.

TheLordofMurder
You know, I have been playing over this fight in my head, and ultimately the Heralds win; and they win convincingly any way I try and spin it...

The "God Squads" only chance is if Thor and Bill DOMINATE the battle field; lighting needs to be striking and streaking down from the heavens with the consistency of rain falling from the sky...

Thor will have to make use of the Anti-Force heavily in this battle (honestly not sure if Bill has the Anti-Force as well)....and Thor and Bill will have to be completely relentless and not hold back one iota...I dare say Thor may have to summon up Warriors Madness out of sheer desperation.

The problem is that IF (and this is a big if as the following strategy doesnt fit in with some of the characters personalities...but PIS/CIS is off...right?) the Heralds can all stay airborne and render Herc almost useless...so they can make the fight 5 on 4...

And I truly believe Wonder Woman struggles mightily against the Heralds versatility and wont last that long...so I truly believe it wont be long until its 5 vs 3...unless, of course, Thor and Bill are ruthless and maximize the power of the storm...and even then, they are still battling against 5 Heralds...and thats tough.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Starscream M

Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

When I'm....not defending about Thor? srug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.