Colossus vs Thor with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
H2h only. Colossus has Hank Pym's powers on top of his and has trained to use them correctly.

Does that make a difference or is Piotr totally dead?

The Nuul
Nope, Hanks power doesnt do shit.

Wait, if he grows does that mean he adds more strength to his base?

Bentley
Yep, proportional to his base power, just like Pym.

Gecko4lif
Being big automatically makes you stronger

The Nuul
hmm

amnesia
I always wondered why they wouldn't do size up Thor..

YFZ 350
Thor stomps.

KingD19
Colossus is already pretty high up there strength wise, getting bigger would probably give him the strength edge to hang with, or slightly pass Thor.

The fight would still be hard though.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus is already pretty high up there strength wise, getting bigger would probably give him the strength edge to hang with, or slightly pass Thor.

The fight would still be hard though. This

amnesia
it still wouldn't help his durability, Thor throws him off the planet.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
it still wouldn't help his durability, Thor throws him off the planet. Explain why it wouldn't help his durability.

Bentley
it still wouldn't help his durability, Thor throws him off the planet.

He would be able to make himself tiny and then grow like Giantman used to be, it would make him hard to tag. As far as I have seen, you become quite more durable when you grow big using Pym particles.

Warlord
no mjolnir and consider the strength amp would be significant (Hank can grow to a 50 toner from a regular person that's about 200 x stronger) at max size (loosing mobility though) Piotr might have a good chance.

With mjolnir Thor wins even in strictly melee

Warlord
by the way I fell in love with your sig thumb up

Bentley
Thanks! big grin

Warlord
although I was thinking something like: "a soldier, a knight and a god"

pretty original though thumb up again

amnesia
Originally posted by Warlord
no mjolnir and consider the strength amp would be significant (Hank can grow to a 50 toner from a regular person that's about 200 x stronger) at max size (loosing mobility though) Piotr might have a good chance.

With mjolnir Thor wins even in strictly melee

Soo... About 2000 ton? That shouldn't be a problem for Thor at all.

Bentley
Yeah, I couldn't think of something more fitting for Ultron since he doesn't really wear an armor. But I loved the concept, very Avengerish.

Warlord
Soo... About 2000 ton? That shouldn't be a problem for Thor at all.

not really...50 tons is the strength Hank gets at max growth which is at least 200 x his original strength...now Colossus is a 100 toner which means he can lift at least 100 tons with no limit to be shown yet... Thor is stronger yes but imagine Colossus at 200 x. The only drawback would be the lack of mobility at this size

Colossus-Big C
Soo... About 2000 ton? That shouldn't be a problem for Thor at all. colossus can lift 750tons plus. hes been clocked

class 100 =/= lift 100 tons

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
colossus can lift 750tons plus. hes been clocked

sooo... 200,000 Thor can lift more than that.

Colossus-Big C
would colossus get weaker while shrinking?

a colossus ant can go inside thor and wreck his insides

Colossus-Big C
sooo... 200,000 Thor can lift more than that. i know. but how come he never one shots the likes of balder or loki or ares or odin
who lifts less than 100 tons? when thor can lift far over a trillion tons

amnesia
i know. but how come he never one shots the likes of balder or loki or ares or odin
who lifts less than 100 tons?

He holds back and Odin can amp far beyond Thor.

KingD19

Why don't you ever listen to me??? sad Colossus doesn't weigh 500lbs, he weighs over a ton, maybe nearly 2. So it's not 750 tons, it's into the thousands range.

Putting a cap on it, however vague it is, is still stupid though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Isn't the official weight 500lbs? I personally think it's more likely that the writer was taking into account that figure -if he was taking into account anything- instead of a reference or two that most people don't even remember. Unless it was the same guy.

Thor wins by the way. The Pym Particles would make it last longer if Colossus shrinks etc. at the right moments but he still has to engage Thor in straight combat.

Whether Peter grows smaller or bigger, he'd still create some sort of disadvantage for himself. It'd help, but the Particles are a double edged sort here. Peter doesn't have the mobility or flight of Ant Man to outmanuever Thor if his shrunk and growing bigger just gives Thor a better target.

h1a8

Plus amnesia didn't do the math correctly.
if Hank can lift 200lb over his head then 1 ton (or 2000lb) is 10x more.
50 tons would be 50x10 or 500x more. I don't think Hank can lift 200lb but rather 100lb, he's seems normal strength. So Hank really gains 1000x strength. I don't think Thor is 1000x stronger than Colossus. I could be wrong.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Isn't the official weight 500lbs? I personally think it's more likely that the writer was taking into account that figure -if he was taking into account anything- instead of a reference or two that most people don't even remember. Unless it was the same guy.

Thor wins by the way. The Pym Particles would make it last longer if Colossus shrinks etc. at the right moments but he still has to engage Thor in straight combat.

Whether Peter grows smaller or bigger, he'd still create some sort of disadvantage for himself. It'd help, but the Particles are a double edged sort here. Peter doesn't have the mobility or flight of Ant Man to outmanuever Thor if his shrunk and growing bigger just gives Thor a better target.

The other problem Thor would have is hurting Colossus. If Hank's durability is increased in the same proportion to his strength then Thor would have a serious problem hurting Colossus without PIS.

It would take Thor many blows just to put a normal Colossus down. Just imagine someone who is 1000x more durable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
The other problem Thor would have is hurting Colossus. If Hank's durability is increased in the same proportion to his strength then Thor would have a serious problem hurting Colossus without PIS.

It would take Thor many blows just to put a normal Colossus down. Just imagine someone who is 1000x more durable.

I never payed attention to Hank Pym -who does- but from what I understand, his body tissue becomes harder etc. to support the extra weight. I'm not completely sure how Colossus would be affected. His metallic tissue can already support extreme weight etc. Erik was superhuman when at normal height but I don't recall noticing an upgrade that significant when he grew. I think it's only fair to assume he'd gain some durability upgrade, but I doubt it would be to the point that Thor can't hurt him.

And "lol" at PIS.

amnesia
Plus amnesia didn't do the math correctly.
if Hank can lift 200lb over his head then 1 ton (or 2000lb) is 10x more.
50 tons would be 50x10 or 500x more. I don't think Hank can lift 200lb but rather 100lb, he's seems normal strength. So Hank really gains 1000x strength. I don't think Thor is 1000x stronger than Colossus. I could be wrong.

Well Thor did lift/support yggdrasill. Which is like planetary size.

RLAAMJR.
Colossus may be stronger because of adding the twist but Thor is still faster here and more powerful. I don't see Colossus winning but giving the twist indeed made the thread interesting.

Thor wins here.

KingD19
If Colossus can get in Thor's ear...he dies, lol.

And yeah the official weight is 500lbs, but it makes no sense. A guy whose almost 300lbs in human form, only gains 200lbs when he turns into solid metal, with liquid metal blood and metal interior organs as well??

If we go by official weight, Hulk andJuggernaut outweigh Colossus, and Thing weighs the same, which makes no sense.

He's solid metal, so when they said stuff like, he was so heavy he was affecting the flight path of the blackbird, or he was over a ton of solid metal and became the first russian bomb to be dropped on british soil...it makes much more sense.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I never payed attention to Hank Pym -who does- but from what I understand, his body tissue becomes harder etc. to support the extra weight. I'm not completely sure how Colossus would be affected. His metallic tissue can already support extreme weight etc. Erik was superhuman when at normal height but I don't recall noticing an upgrade that significant when he grew. I think it's only fair to assume he'd gain some durability upgrade, but I doubt it would be to the point that Thor can't hurt him.

And "lol" at PIS.

I only said PIS IF Colossus is 1000x more durable. Remember my argument was conditional as I don't know if Colossus would gain 1000x more durability. I don't think Thor is hurting a Colossus that is 1000x more durable with his bare hands though without the use of PIS.

With Mjolnir is a different story though.

amnesia
I only said PIS IF Colossus is 1000x more durable. Remember my argument was conditional as I don't know if Colossus would gain 1000x more durability. I don't think Thor is hurting a Colossus that is 1000x more durable with his bare hands though without the use of PIS.

With Mjolnir is a different story though.

because of the twist, all we can do is hypothesize.

h1a8
Well Thor did lift/support yggdrasill. Which is like planetary size. My argument was for those who use matchups instead of feats to see who is stronger. I'm all for you here as I believe in feats more than matchups since jobbing and other things play a role when characters face up.

Some members here believe that Namor is 90% of Thor's strength since how they match up when they face each other. I disagree. I feel Thor is far stronger than Namor.

For those who use matchups, then comics will not portray Thor without Mjolnir to be much stronger than Colossus. They will have Colossus give him a decent fight. Just imagine Thor fighting a 50ft Colossus with 1000x more strength and durability. Do you guys think that Marvel will have Thor win that fight without Mjolnir? Hell no!

I base my decisions more on feats. I believe Thor can win this since I don't believe Colossus's durability will increase to the same level as his strength will. If it does then Thor can't win PERIOD.

psycho gundam

It would take Thor many blows just to put a normal Colossus down. Just imagine someone who is 1000x more durable. thor pulled hydro base to the mainland, pretty sure this colossus still would struggle with that

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor pulled hydro base to the mainland, pretty sure this colossus still would struggle with that

No doubt Thor still may be stronger. The problem is IF colossus durability increases at the same rate then Thor would not be able to hurt him. So Thor being stronger will still lose this.

psycho gundam
he'd sink through the ground at that density, pym already had issues with this before.

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he'd sink through the ground at that density, pym already had issues with this before. True. Then this wouldn't be a fight unless the ground is indestructible.

Bentley
Let's say the ground is indestructible then.

snazy
sooo... 200,000 Thor can lift more than that.

care to prove your statement?

themadsurfer
People must be joking, asking if thor can lift more than 200,000 tons. Go read some Thor's comic!! he can lift that with his finger and very easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.