Thor vs. Superman: The godblast challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
For all of them there are two scenarios.

1: Regular thor
2: Thor has belt of strength

Thor has to godblast all of these supermen.

1: Regular superman
2: ASS superman
3: Cyborg superman
4: Superman Prime
5: Superboy Prime
6: Sundipped superman(1 hr)
7: Sundipped superman(24 hrs)
8: Superman one-million
9: Cosmic armor supes

If they live through the first one the superman is back to full strength but this time thor is given the belt of strength.

Bracing is allowed.

Who lives?And who dies?

Please tell me if there are more supermen to add.

amnesia
cosmic armor superman and superman 1 million erm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
cosmic armor superman and superman 1 million erm What?

Some people would argue that thor can kill them with the GB considering he broke exitars armor.

kgkg
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What?

Some people would argue that thor can kill them with the GB considering he broke exitars armor. Maybe Rage.

Astner
I would go as far as to say that he stops at 6. Since the God-blast is a magical ability and Superman One Million is the only one that have claimed resistance against magic--which is one of Superman's weaknesses. Though I doubt the lot of them would die, they'd be knocked-out but that's that.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Astner
I would go as far as to say that he stops at 6. Since the God-blast is a magical ability and Superman One Million is the only one that have claimed resistance against magic--which is one of Superman's weaknesses. Though I doubt the lot of them would die, they'd be knocked-out but that's that. Even with the belt of strength?

-Pr-
I thought the belt of strength was a physical thing, not a magical thing?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Definitely makes it up to 7. One million was powerful in the Super Sun but he did nothing to place him at the high end of Skyfather and beyond.

I would go as far as to say that he stops at 6. Since the God-blast is a magical ability and Superman One Million is the only one that have claimed resistance against magic--which is one of Superman's weaknesses. Though I doubt the lot of them would die, they'd be knocked-out but that's that.

So what if his resistant to magic? The leader of the Dark God's who had the power of Odin would be full of raw magical power and it didn't do shit. When has the God Blast raw power been attributed solely to it's magical nature

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought the belt of strength was a physical thing, not a magical thing? I thought it amped his godblast?Wasn't he wearing it when blastign exitar?I thought it added some kind of amp if he couldn't do it regularly.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Definitely makes it up to 7. One million was powerful in the Super Sun but he did nothing to place him at the high end of Skyfather and beyond.

So what if his resistant to magic? The leader of the Dark God's who had the power of Odin would be full of raw magical power and it didn't do shit. When has the God Blast raw power been attributed solely to it's magical nature Do you mean stops at 7?

Astner
The belt only increases physical attributes.

Black bolt z
The belt only increases physical attributes. It does?Meh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought it amped his godblast?Wasn't he wearing it when blastign exitar?I thought it added some kind of amp if he couldn't do it regularly.

Do you mean stops at 7?

It doesn't amp his God Blast. He used the belt of strength to reinforce Mjolnir so it does not break under the stress of channeling so much raw power.

I never understood why some people used it as a low showing seeing as how the Celestials were beyond other Cosmics -at least in the Thor books- and Exitar seemed to be considered above other Celestials as I recall. DeFalco -the writer of the Exitar scene- wrote Mjolnir absorbing the power to destroy a Galaxy and was the one who wrote Mjolnir containing an explosion capable of destroying 1/5 of the Universe.

I thought it was clear what I meant. Stops at 7. At least if the Cosmic Armor is as impressive as the Superfags claim it is.

Black bolt z
It doesn't amp his God Blast. He used the belt of strength to reinforce Mjolnir so it does not break under the stress of channeling so much raw power.

I never understood why some people used it as a low showing seeing as how the Celestials were beyond other Cosmics -at least in the Thor books- and Exitar seemed to be considered above other Celestials as I recall. DeFalco -the writer of the Exitar scene- wrote Mjolnir absorbing the power to destroy a Galaxy and was the one who wrote Mjolnir containing an explosion capable of destroying 1/5 of the Universe.

I thought it was clear what I meant. Stops at 7. At least if the Cosmic Armor is as impressive as the Superfags claim it is. Oh.I thought he used it to amp the godblast to have a strong enough attack to hurt exitar.

glare

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah.

biensalsa
I don't believe Cyborg Superman will die

He has resisted Galaxy buster explosions with out being killed and basically HE "can't" die (comics you know)

The fact that is a magical attack will injure most of them, maybe even make a hole in the first 3 but far from dying, plus their healing factor will help.

Now with the belt wraped arround Mojolnir I also cannot picture the first two not getting at least injured.

Superman prime one million will laugh at that thing the same as Cosmic Armor "Superman"

amnesia
inb4 sock.

Black bolt z
I asked bada to edit in superman prime and superboy prime.

Just until then count them in.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by biensalsa
I don't believe Cyborg Superman will die

He has resisted Galaxy buster explosions with out being killed and basically HE "can't" die (comics you know)

The fact that is a magical attack will injure most of them, maybe even make a hole in the first 3 but far from dying, plus their healing factor will help.

Now with the belt wraped arround Mojolnir I also cannot picture the first two not getting at least injured.

Superman prime one million will laugh at that thing the same as Cosmic Armor "Superman" Dying is a moot point. He hasn't resisted a galaxy busting attack. He was destroyed by it. His inability to die counts as much for durability as it does for Mr. Immortal. And Cyborg Superman was blown up by a planet-busting blast. He also had his arm sliced clean through with a single GL attack. He's not taking the godblast.

quanchi112
Oh.I thought he used it to amp the godblast to have a strong enough attack to hurt exitar.

glare He used it to reinforce the hammer and it broke anyways.

biensalsa
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Dying is a moot point. He hasn't resisted a galaxy busting attack. He was destroyed by it. His inability to die counts as much for durability as it does for Mr. Immortal. And Cyborg Superman was blown up by a planet-busting blast. He also had his arm sliced clean through with a single GL attack. He's not taking the godblast.

READ CAREFULLY THE FIRST POST

"Who lives?And who dies?"

Cyborg Superman did NOT died in a galaxy buster (it was galaxy or solar system? I don't remember) ANYWAY He did not died. PERIOD

He is asking WHO LIVES? AND WHO DIES? COMPRENDE?

Rage.Of.Olympus
God Blast > Galaxy busting attacks

OneDumbG0
READ CAREFULLY THE FIRST POST

"Who lives?And who dies?"

Cyborg Superman did NOT died in a galaxy buster (it was galaxy or solar system? I don't remember) ANYWAY He did not died. PERIOD

He is asking WHO LIVES? AND WHO DIES? COMPRENDE? Fine. Cyborg Superman wins this thread. He must be "superior" to 24 hr sundipped Superman.

Except that for purposes of this thread, he's as "superior" in the same way Mr. Immortal is superior.

biensalsa
Fine. Cyborg Superman wins this thread. He must be "superior" to 24 hr sundipped Superman.

Except that for purposes of this thread, he's as "superior" in the same way Mr. Immortal is superior.

He is alive that is what it counts

biensalsa
God Blast > Galaxy busting attacks

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

You disagree?

biensalsa
You disagree?

Yes, unless you show me a gods blast busting a galaxy that comes FROM THOR holding Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, unless you show me a gods blast busting a galaxy that comes FROM THOR holding Mjolnir.

Thor's never busted a Galaxy to my knowledge. He has however overloaded an extra fortified Mjolnir with the energy of a God Blast -Mjolnir can absorb Galactic level energy without a problem- and went on to destroy Exitar's brain dome. It's also put down the leader of the Dark Gods who had the power of Odin and the Union. Beyond Skyfather level at that point.

God Blast > Galaxy busting attack

quanchi112
Yes, unless you show me a gods blast busting a galaxy that comes FROM THOR holding Mjolnir. Collateral damage doesn't equate to superiority. Think about it take Galactus' three plus star system destroying blast vs. his I am going to kill thanos right now blast. The concentrated and direct blasts are more intense over a smaller area than a expanding blast designed to destroy everything in general over such a huge sector of space.

Black bolt z
Does the godblast(if shot in some sort of mass area form)have enough power to destroy a galaxy?

gogogadgetgo
Does the godblast(if shot in some sort of mass area form)have enough power to destroy a galaxy?

I would love to say yes, but i dont think so. IMO, Thor's most powerful punch would probably shatter a planet the size of earth. A Mojlnir strike would probably shatter a planet 1.5 times the size of earth and a god blast would probably pop Jupiter. Aim the godblast at the sun then we can technically say that thor can bust a solar system. aline the suns of the solar systems in a galaxy then b-b-q em with a godblast then yeah, galaxy busting power. stick out tongue

kgkg
Does the godblast(if shot in some sort of mass area form)have enough power to destroy a galaxy? No....not even close.

the Darkone
Godblast stops at 9

zeel
For all of them there are two scenarios.

1: Regular thor
2: Thor has belt of strength

Thor has to godblast all of these supermen.

1: Regular superman
2: ASS superman
3: Cyborg superman
4: Superman Prime
5: Superboy Prime
6: Sundipped superman(1 hr)
7: Sundipped superman(24 hrs)
8: Superman one-million
9: Cosmic armor supes

If they live through the first one the superman is back to full strength but this time thor is given the belt of strength.

Bracing is allowed.

Who lives?And who dies?

Please tell me if there are more supermen to add.

1 dies
2 dies
3 dies
4 hurt but recovers
5 same as 4
6 dies
7 dies
8 knocks him down thats bout it.
9 laughes at the blast, hes completely unphazed CA supes > any version of thor i can think of.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^What's Superman One Million's greatest durability feat?

The God Blast does pack more energy than it takes to destroy a Galaxy. Spread over a wide array, logic dictates that it can.

If a God Blast like attack can rip through the fabric of infinity, and take out Surtur/Ymir, it taking out a Galaxy isn't far fetched. Some people just can't handle someone on Thor's power level doing it for some reason. Some writers are probably the same.

biensalsa
^What's Superman One Million's greatest durability feat?

The God Blast does pack more energy than it takes to destroy a Galaxy. Spread over a wide array, logic dictates that it can.

If a God Blast like attack can rip through the fabric of infinity, and take out Surtur/Ymir, it taking out a Galaxy isn't far fetched. Some people just can't handle someone on Thor's power level doing it for some reason. Some writers are probably the same.

"FABRIC OF INFINITY"? Where does it says "FABRIC OF INFINITY"?

It says "rip wide the fabric of the universe" and the energy chaneled into the sword caused a backlash that send them to a dimensional warp in the sea of eternal night, they were in suspended animation not because of the blast but because of the dimension in which they were sent.

Yes a gods blast can rip the fabric of reality, because He opened a dimensional portal with it. BUT far from a galaxy Buster, leave the Galaxy busters to higher beings than Thor.

I have to say "FABRIC OF INFINITY" sounds so much better than the fabric of the universe, but far from a galaxy buster.

Let me show you what they ask to Tom

"Can Thor destroy a planet with his hammer?
Maybe, but it might take him an awfully long while.

TomBrevoort answered 1 day ago"

Go to his formsprint and look for the question, you will find it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

It says "rip wide the fabric of the universe" and the energy chaneled into the sword caused a backlash that send them to a dimensional warp in the sea of eternal night, they were in suspended animation not because of the blast but because of the dimension in which they were sent.

Yes a gods blast can rip the fabric of reality, because He opened a dimensional portal with it.

Oh my bad. Fabric of the Universe. I mixed it up with what Skurge did. I was reading the Walt run while I typed that last post. Been a while since I read Thor #410 to #430. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Still don't see how it makes that much of a difference. Same comic "epic" dialogue to me. I still however can't double check. HC is bugging out on me.

I'm pretty certain that Thor stated he ripped open the fabric of the Universe -happy?- and said blast "burst" the barriers between the dimensions. Said energy went into the Sword, causing a backlash which captured the two. This caused the two to vanish through a warp. It's a bit unclear but as I understood it, the God Blast's energy, forcibly broke through the barriers between the dimensions, which transported the two. I.e, I don't think he simply warped space, creating a regular portal.

no expression You got me there. The Sea kept them in suspended animation. I guess I could try to pass it off as semantics but I honestly just remembered it wrong. : Don't think I was attempting to mislead you. I'd have posted scans.

That's why I practically never mention that scene. Not enough to be uber for Thor. I always rely on this example:

Thor in one shot put down the leader of the Dark Gods that had the power of Odin added to her own. Not equally as impressive as taking out Surtur/Ymir at the same time, but still on that level I'd say. It'll suffice.

BUT far from a galaxy Buster, leave the Galaxy busters to higher beings than Thor.

I have to say "FABRIC OF INFINITY" sounds so much better than the fabric of the universe, but far from a galaxy buster.

Why did you nitpick and ignore the fact that a God Blast has shown to actually pack more energy than a Galaxy destroying attack? It was under the same writer and the two scenes happened less than 20 issues apart I believe.

Why does the fabric of infinity sound that much better? Same shit to me basically. Both are simply large and undefinable terms that try and give a sense of large scale in terms of power. Skurge was able to cleave the fabric of Infinity with his axe.

laughing Why the hell do I care what Brevoort thinks about Thor's capabilities? He didn't know Ares or Thor had any fights in the pas, he didn't think Thor could perform surgery or retained the knowledge of what he did as Blake. If I went to Alvaro's and asked the Thor fans to name instances of when Breevort was wrong in regards to Thor stuff, I'd probably get a sizable list.

His just an editor. His opinions are just that. Opinions. I never understood why so many people care what he thinks. It's one thing if his editing the scene in question.

Edit: So everybody can see the scene for themselves, I found it on my photobucket account:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/FabricofUniverseRipped1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/FabricofUniverseRipped2.jpg

Bentley
Stops at Prime.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think it's a gauntlet type thing.

Spire

Yes a gods blast can rip the fabric of reality, because He opened a dimensional portal with it. BUT far from a galaxy Buster, leave the Galaxy busters to higher beings than Thor.

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/910818454

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/929144328

I lol at how creators and editors repeatedly own battle board fanboys.

Bentley
Editors want to distance themselves from the craziness that happens over DC, Mephisto can reality warp Earth but Thor has a hard time knocking a moon. Get a grip Editors.

biensalsa
Oh my bad. Fabric of the Universe. I mixed it up with what Skurge did. I was reading the Walt run while I typed that last post. Been a while since I read Thor #410 to #430. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Still don't see how it makes that much of a difference. Same comic "epic" dialogue to me. I still however can't double check. HC is bugging out on me.

I'm pretty certain that Thor stated he ripped open the fabric of the Universe -happy?- and said blast "burst" the barriers between the dimensions. Said energy went into the Sword, causing a backlash which captured the two. This caused the two to vanish through a warp. It's a bit unclear but as I understood it, the God Blast's energy, forcibly broke through the barriers between the dimensions, which transported the two. I.e, I don't think he simply warped space, creating a regular portal.

no expression You got me there. The Sea kept them in suspended animation. I guess I could try to pass it off as semantics but I honestly just remembered it wrong. : Don't think I was attempting to mislead you. I'd have posted scans.

That's why I practically never mention that scene. Not enough to be uber for Thor. I always rely on this example:

Thor in one shot put down the leader of the Dark Gods that had the power of Odin added to her own. Not equally as impressive as taking out Surtur/Ymir at the same time, but still on that level I'd say. It'll suffice.

Why did you nitpick and ignore the fact that a God Blast has shown to actually pack more energy than a Galaxy destroying attack? It was under the same writer and the two scenes happened less than 20 issues apart I believe.

Why does the fabric of infinity sound that much better? Same shit to me basically. Both are simply large and undefinable terms that try and give a sense of large scale in terms of power. Skurge was able to cleave the fabric of Infinity with his axe.

laughing Why the hell do I care what Brevoort thinks about Thor's capabilities? He didn't know Ares or Thor had any fights in the pas, he didn't think Thor could perform surgery or retained the knowledge of what he did as Blake. If I went to Alvaro's and asked the Thor fans to name instances of when Breevort was wrong in regards to Thor stuff, I'd probably get a sizable list.

His just an editor. His opinions are just that. Opinions. I never understood why so many people care what he thinks. It's one thing if his editing the scene in question.

Edit: So everybody can see the scene for themselves, I found it on my photobucket account:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/FabricofUniverseRipped1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/FabricofUniverseRipped2.jpg

I'm pretty aware what the place of editors is in forums, However I believe their word has more weight to whatever you and me can say about comics. I do believe Thor can bust a planet, I will even go as far as to say that He can bust 4 planets the size of earth, but far from a Galaxy

The incident you mention of the Galaxy Buster is that the one with the null bomb?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
Editors want to distance themselves from the craziness that happens over DC, Mephisto can reality warp Earth but Thor has a hard time knocking a moon. Get a grip Editors. It's quite the opposite, since Marvel is far more obsessed with cosmic feats than DC.

Juntai
Stops at 1. Superman will be ****ed, maybe knocked out, but he's not dying.

snazy
It does?Meh.

you open a thread and you dont know what you are writing about? anyway i dont see him pass superboy prime and specially not 1 million or cosmic armor they will just laugh his blast

zeel
Originally posted by Juntai

lol

Black bolt z
Stops at 1. Superman will be ****ed, maybe knocked out, but he's not dying. Its not a gauntlet.I'm asking what it does to all of them.Originally posted by snazy
you open a thread and you dont know what you are writing about? anyway i dont see him pass superboy prime and specially not 1 million or cosmic armor they will just laugh his blast No I just misunderstood what the belt of strength was being used for.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty aware what the place of editors is in forums, However I believe their word has more weight to whatever you and me can say about comics. I do believe Thor can bust a planet, I will even go as far as to say that He can bust 4 planets the size of earth, but far from a Galaxy

The incident you mention of the Galaxy Buster is that the one with the null bomb?

Why would Brevoort's word have more wait? We aren't discussing a book he edited. We know his been wrong about Thor on more than one occasion. He seems to be a casual reader.

I guess on average his opinion is correct. Neither Thor or Surfer would destroy Earth.

I don't think Thor will be busting Galaxies or anything anytime soon. I do however think the God Blast is more powerful than a Galaxy busting attack. If the God Blast wasn't a concentrated attack, and was spread out in an omnidirectional fashion, logic dictates it has the energy necessary. The scenario simply wouldn't occur however.

Yes.

lionking
this thread is stupid, the godblast hasn't ever destroyed a galaxy and even if it did, superboy prime survived a universe destroying blast.... tut tut and the order of superman involved is even worse assuming they are supposed to be stronger, more durable versions as the list goes down?

Warlord

Black bolt z
Bump

the Darkone
It's stops at 9, everybody else dies and KO the F out at best.

KuRuPT Thanosi

are you joking me.... he's been KO'd by a lot less than a godblast.

biensalsa
Why would Brevoort's word have more wait? We aren't discussing a book he edited. We know his been wrong about Thor on more than one occasion. He seems to be a casual reader.

I guess on average his opinion is correct. Neither Thor or Surfer would destroy Earth.

I don't think Thor will be busting Galaxies or anything anytime soon. I do however think the God Blast is more powerful than a Galaxy busting attack. If the God Blast wasn't a concentrated attack, and was spread out in an omnidirectional fashion, logic dictates it has the energy necessary. The scenario simply wouldn't occur however.

Yes.

If I remember correctly Thor ABSORBED enough energy to destroy a Galaxy with Mjolnir. It does not say that It can generate enough energy to destroy a galaxy, at least not in the hands of Thor. It could generate enough energy perhaps in the hands of Odin, but Odin does not need Mjolnir to bust a galaxy (according to a 30 year old feat or somewhere arround it).

Thor can ABSORB with Mjolrnir enough energy to bust a galaxy, but is far from creating enough energy to bust a galaxy.

IMO this will be like saying that Superman can bust HALF a Galaxy just because He absorbed ALL the energy from Mageddon.

psycho gundam
well, mjolnir only shattered when thor channeled his life-force through it to break exitar's "brain case", and not from the absorbtion/redirecting feats mentioned *shrugs*

zopzop

Yes.

Do me a favor? Go to google and do a size/mass comparison of the following :

moon
Earth
Sun
Antares/Betelgeuse (Super Red Giant Stars)
Solar System
Light Year
Galaxy

Now after viewing those stats if you can come back here and tell me one of Thor's Godblasts can wreck a galaxy, I'm gonna give up my faith in humanity (that or point and laugh at Marvel's stupidity).

biensalsa
Originally posted by psycho gundam
well, mjolnir only shattered when thor channeled his life-force through it to break exitar's "brain case", and not from the absorbtion/redirecting feats mentioned *shrugs*

Hm... Interesting point.

However the energy redirected in the Null bomb incident seems to destroy galaxies by domino effect and not by a clean flat out explosion

After all, the energy was enough to re-start a dying sun, which is a lot, but like the other guy stated far from a clean galaxy busting explosion like Odin did vs Infinity? I don't remember.

Also would like to point out. The incident in which Mjolnir breaks it was because it was packing ALL of the asgardians energies. At least that is what it says at the beginning of the feat.

Johnny Sorrow
LOL. The Godblast definitely packs enough punch to destroy a galaxy. But it never will because it's not designed to destroy galaxies. It's a highly concentrated beam, not an omnidirectional explosion.

LOL. Monarch's "universe-destroying blast" didn't even destroy the planet he was on. All life in that universe was destroyed and that's pretty much covers it.

OneDumbG0
However the energy redirected in the Null bomb incident seems to destroy galaxies by domino effect and not by a clean flat out explosion

After all, the energy was enough to re-start a dying sun, which is a lot, but like the other guy stated far from a clean galaxy busting explosion like Odin did vs Infinity? I don't remember. And clearly you never thought to apply this rationale to the Mageddon feat. Right. Not questionable at all.

BattleMage
GB

zeel
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
are you joking me.... he's been KO'd by a lot less than a godblast.

say a captian marvel sucker punch.

sucker punch or not captian marvels most powerful sucker punch is a grain of sand in comparison to a god blast.

Juntai
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
are you joking me.... he's been KO'd by a lot less than a godblast. It asked if he would live or die.
He would live. And not die. As in; Stops at 1.
Run along.

edit.
And actually, looking back over it, I notice it's not an escalating thing, but he wanted to know if each would live or die. They all live, in the end. The only one typically depicted less durable than regular Superman would be Cyborg Superman, and since he's just a consciousness inhabiting a form, he lives as well.

biensalsa
And clearly you never thought to apply this rationale to the Mageddon feat. Right. Not questionable at all.

I do. The same rule for Mageddon

biensalsa
I do. The same rule for Mageddon

On a second review to the feat

Mageddon says "VAPORIZE half of the Galaxy" That implies a clean explosion not domino effect reading

Black bolt z
bump

Allankles
Yeah! I doubt any of these guys dies from a single godblast, some would take mutliple godblasts before even being ko'd let alone dying while others won't be affected by it at all.

Regular Supes for instance would be ko'd likely, but he wouldn't die from a single shot.

Warlord
Durok with no special magic weakness, a being who was being able to go toe to toe with Surfer got incinerated by Thor's godblast.

Supes dies too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.