Thor vs Silver Surfer: Pure Melee Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No board. No Mjolnir. No energy attacks.

Just slugging it out between these two Marvel icons.

Who remains standing at the end?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/981/87139-107507-silver-surfer.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150353-55190-thor.jpg

Black bolt z
Thor....surfer really doesn't brawl.I never recall him brawling.He will not win a slugfest against thor.At all.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thor....surfer really doesn't brawl.I never recall him brawling.He will not win a slugfest against thor.At all. he doesn't usually brawl...but I think he's done so competently in the past when the occasion called for fisticuffs

Colossus-Big C
he did kinda decent againts Rhino in brawling

r0nm0n88
surfer, slightly stronger, more durable

kgkg
Probably Thor. But Surfer is doing really well in H2H these days he was easily able to hurt BRB with his punch making him bleed and all.... and he defeated Skaar in h2h when he had the old power. That and his ability to tank physical damage are extraordinary.

Good fight I say...But Thor most likely wins in the end a lot more experience in h2h and possibly physically stronger.

amnesia
Physical: Thor>surfer
Durable: Surfer>Thor

Thor due to being a bit more skilled.

janus77
Surfer, more durable (by a big margin, imo) and just as strong, if not stronger.

Gecko4lif
Durak proved surfer is not more durable

Black bolt z
What strength feats does surfer have that compare to thor?I never recall readign anything of the sort but I haven't read any post-annihilation surfer.

janus77
three punch downing BRB, tackling GreenScar & the Warbound, without much trouble. taking on Skaar, chumping Abomination...

basically, he's durable and powerful enough to engage T&A, at length... he's powerful enough to take Thor's best and return with better.

SuperiorTech
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Thor.

-Pr-
Thor.

kgkg
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Durak proved surfer is not more durable no expression

biensalsa
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
no expression

His probably referring to the number of punches it took to take out Surfer in comparison to Thor.

Surfer's durability is kind of weird at times but I think either Superman or Thor would take a punch better than him on average.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
His probably referring to the number of punches it took to take out Surfer in comparison to Thor.

Surfer's durability is kind of weird at times but I think either Superman or Thor would take a punch better than him on average. I wouldn't say that.IMO surfer has a little bit higher durability but not quite as much punching power to close the gap to beat either.At least not from what i've read.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I still think either Thor or Superman would take a punch better than him. They're just tougher in general from what I've seen. His skin might not be prone to damage as theirs, but as we know, lack of wear and tear on his body doesn't prove much.

Tron
Most feats between the both of them can be found in the main Thor vs. Silver Surfer thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t292293.html

kgkg
The fight were Durok pretty much killed Thor and Surfer had to save him? Hey at least Surfer K.O'ed Durok...counting punches now that's reaching if I recall correctly Surfer was never K.O in that fight smile while Thor was... Don't see how that helps Thor's case.

Surfer durability is pretty much the best in the top tiers.

And I degree Superman and Surfer are clearly more durable than Thor....While Thor has a firepower advantage over them.

Black bolt z
The fight were Durok pretty much killed Thor and Surfer had to save him? Hey at least Surfer K.O'ed Durok...counting punches now that's reaching if I recall correctly Surfer was never K.O in that fight smile while Thor was... Don't see how that helps Thor's case.

And I degree Superman and Surfer are clearly more durable than Thor....While Thor has a firepower advantage over them. I agree to the last line.

They are more durable(if only slightly)but that damned hammer....

Rage.Of.Olympus

Why does everybody forget that Thor was holding his own until Durok resorted to using the electricity from the city? He knocked out Durok by using Time Travel, which apparently has some type of effect on Durok. Thor however has actually overpowered and beaten him straight up when pushed.

Is it not the point of this thread to discover who wins in a slug fest, and in turn, who can take a punch better? How does it make counting punches reaching?

He wasn't knocked out, but he was put on his ass, and was lying on his board as if he couldn't walk I believe. It really rocked him.

And I degree Superman and Surfer are clearly more durable than Thor....

Nah. I'd place invulnerable mode Juggernaut as above him. Still, he is a contender for the runner up spot.

I think it's harder to injure either Superman or Surfer than Thor on average. I never argued otherwise.

kgkg

Starscream M
I think it's harder to injure either Superman or Surfer than Thor on average. I never argued otherwise.

I still think either Thor or Superman would take a punch better than him. They're just tougher in general from what I've seen.

Rage.Of.Olympus

DarkOdin
Thor

considering that Thor has won every battle against SS as far aas i know off

H2H SS goes down Thor strength feats are way beyond Surfer Durability can go either way. H2H skill Surfer has nopthing on Thor Unless someone want s to count Hitting BRB in the Back of the head as owning BRB roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
SS wins this.
Now if this was h2h then Thor would probably slightly edge him. But this is a slugfest, skill doesn't count.

SS is easily more durable than Thor and possibly around the same strength (based on SS's punching feats against beings of Thor level).

DarkOdin
Originally posted by h1a8
SS wins this.
Now if this was h2h then Thor would probably slightly edge him. But this is a slugfest, skill doesn't count.

roll eyes (sarcastic) WOW just wow so the fact this is a Melee fight and it is stated that it is H2H only and you think a slug fest is different eek!

Tron
SS wins this.

Unless they're just taking turns hitting each other, skill DOES count.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tron
Unless they're just taking turns hitting each other, skill DOES count. Isn't that is what a slugfest is, taking turns? And not putting up a defense?

Sasaraixx
Isn't that is what a slugfest is, taking turns? And not putting up a defense?

That's what I thought . . .

rotiart

rotiart

Warlord
thor

gogogadgetgo
Strength wise, Thor > Surfer
Durability wise, Surfer > Thor
IMO, their respective advantages cancels out the others and it all comes down to skill. and Thor has more skill showings that Surfer.
So, Thor for the majority, maybe 7/10

Black bolt z
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
IMO, their respective advantages cancels out the others and it all comes down to skill. and Thor has more skill showings that Surfer.
So, Thor for the majority, maybe 7/10 I'll go with this.

Naija boy

Mindship
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
So, Thor for the majority, maybe 7/10 Not bad.

Spire
Thor via Judo Chop!!!

psycho gundam
Isn't that is what a slugfest is, taking turns? And not putting up a defense? it just means any type of non sanctioned fistfight, imo with not so skilled/professional fighters (like a bar fight)

a hockey fight is synonymous for a slugfest

---------------------------------

i still see no reason not to give this to thor, surfer simply lacks the feats to bolster any confidense he can win with JUST fisticuffs agaist someone in the elite high herald class (thor, supes, etc) that are sitting on hundreds of feats knocking people around using physical force.

when surfer needs to bulk up he cn, but he just lacks a definite set of feats that guage what kind of sheer physical power he's packing. knocking green scar and the warbound was okay and all, but it's still not enough to say he beats thor in that area of combat.

D_Dude1210
Just to add. Surfer's durability HAS fluctuated based on the amount of amping he gives his durability. Like I've said before, in some panels he's tanking an entire fleet focus firing him with everything they've got without so much as flinching and, in the same issue several panels later, gets knocked off his board by a single laser battery (while he was distracted).

There should be no question that when Surfer amps his durability, he is entire levels above Thor.

Base durability, tho. I see Thor as having the better damage soak but Surfer having far better damage resistance.

h1a8
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Just to add. Surfer's durability HAS fluctuated based on the amount of amping he gives his durability. Like I've said before, in some panels he's tanking an entire fleet focus firing him with everything they've got without so much as flinching and, in the same issue several panels later, gets knocked off his board by a single laser battery (while he was distracted).

There should be no question that when Surfer amps his durability, he is entire levels above Thor.

Base durability, tho. I see Thor as having the better damage soak but Surfer having far better damage resistance.

Agreed. And you make a very good point. The reason why Surfer is variable is because he is an amper. The more energy hes absorb the stronger he is. So for Surfer we should take averages instead of his highs since the OP may not want Surfer to be at a high amped level. Depends on the OP though.

Bentley
Thor beats his *ss.

Omega Vision
Thor dominates

StiltmanFTW
The one possessing the highest level of superhuman strength wins biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.