Mark Millers Nemesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Tony Scott to direct the adaptation

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/105377-tony-scott-to-direct-nemesis-for-fox

roughrider
Meh...wasn't a fan of his work even when his films were popular. He's Ridley Scott's less talented younger brother; used to make the loudest movies, until Michael Bay came along.

Kazenji
And with Fox involved who knows how the movie shall turn out.

Kazenji
Time to update this thread, Joe Carnahan is directing it now

tweets that has finished writing the script

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86948

roughrider
Well, he didn't get to make Daredevil because Marvel got the rights back (just in time) from Fox. Let him play around with a lesser known property.

Is there any comic writer with a better life than Mark Millar, right now? He's getting adapted to the movies more than any other creator, cashes the cheques and doesn't get hung up about them making changes.

Kazenji
Hope Joe goes all the way bringing the violence in book to the movie, Without toning it down.

roughrider
They have to do these indie comics on a more reasonable budget, because there's no franchise guarantee without the biggest possible stars.

I sense another shoot in Toronto is coming; it's where Kick-Ass 1 & 2 was filmed, and Carnahan's Narc. Unless Detroit makes an offer that can't be refused...

Kazenji
The film adaptation has moved to Warner Bro's

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/film-adaptation-of-mark-millars-nemesis-may-find-a-new-home-at-warner-bros-282

Darth Thor
^ Considering this thread began in 2010 and last updated in 2013, I have doubts we will ever see this.

Kazenji
At least Joe Carnahan is still attached to it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
At least Joe Carnahan is still attached to it.

Even with a change of studio? He must be committed to making this then.

Kazenji
Most likely better off at WB's then Fox.

Kazenji
Looks like its for real

its on Millerworld

http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/nemesis-movie-update-warning-contains-excitement/1280

BruceSkywalker
will likely see this

Q99
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, he didn't get to make Daredevil because Marvel got the rights back (just in time) from Fox. Let him play around with a lesser known property.

Is there any comic writer with a better life than Mark Millar, right now? He's getting adapted to the movies more than any other creator, cashes the cheques and doesn't get hung up about them making changes.

Heck, a lot of his stuff really wouldn't work without massive changes.

Wanted both leans on familiarity with who the villains are based on, and has an ending that literally flips the audience off. Changing was clearly necessary. Nemesis? Even more-so!

Kazenji
Haven't read Nemesis...but what changes would that do with for a movie?

roughrider
Just how angry and envious is Grant Morrison of his former protege? stick out tongue

Mark Millar has pretty much become the comics equivalent of Stephen King and John Grisham, who when they were hot were getting loads of their novels adapted into movies and miniseries. Millar doesn't write for movies; they just wait for him to pitch a new comics project and start adapting. Meanwhile, Morrison has been trying for years to get something adapted (WE3 would only get to the screen in a bastardized, kid friendly form, in my opinion) and had to swallow his anger when he saw The Matrix rip off so much of The Invisibles.

Zack M
Is Nemesis still going to WB?

Kazenji
Of course it is... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack M
Link?

Q99
Haven't read Nemesis...but what changes would that do with for a movie?

For one, they're going to have to cut out the part where he impregnates the daughter of a politician with her gay brother's sperm then bobbytraps her womb to prevent an abortion.

Yes, that is the sentence I wrote there.

Originally posted by roughrider
Just how angry and envious is Grant Morrison of his former protege? stick out tongue

Probably not very. He's a lot more critically acclaimed and well respected than Millar, and regularly churns out hit comics that sell a ton and add to his rep. While I'm sure he wouldn't mind more money and wants some specific projects from being adapted, it's not like the people who want Nemesis were picking it over WE3.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Q99
For one, they're going to have to cut out the part where he impregnates the daughter of a politician with her gay brother's sperm then bobbytraps her womb to prevent an abortion.

Yes, that is the sentence I wrote there.

What?

Mark Miller comes up with some crazy idea's for his stories.

Q99
It's pretty schlocky stuff. Shock value and all that.

I think you can see why this will certainly not be a direct adaptation, and how that'll be an improvement.

Kazenji
Trying too much too be like Garth Ennis.

Q99
Trying too much too be like Garth Ennis.

And I think even Ennis is overrated. Granted, he has some good stuff, but he uses shock value too much.

Kazenji
But its done alot better imo, Compared to how Mark Miller does it.

Q99
I think they could both be a lot better if they dropped the shock stuff. In no small part because it's no longer shocking, there's lots of that kind of thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.