Mario vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XMr. WinterX
Ok Mario has only one of every mushroom, along with only one star, and all his weapons. Dante has access to Rebellion, Yamato, Gilgamesh, and Sparda Sword. For guns E&I, shotgun, Pandoras Box, and Kalina Ann.

They both fight in the middle of the jungles in Brazil.

Who will triumph?
The Plumber or the White Haired Demon?

ScreamPaste
Mario jumps on Dante's head, crushing him out of existance and gaining 100 points.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario jumps on Dante's head, crushing him out of existance and gaining 100 points.

I'll have to disagree

Dante is worth more than 100 points estahuh

majid86
LMAO

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I'll have to disagree

Dante is worth more than 100 points estahuh

101?

Burning thought
Whats Marios best speed feat? also if were using toonforce I suggest you make it a toonforce thread and even it out. Giving Dante the force as well.

MadMel
Mario can dodge a bullet...

bill stick out tongue

Nephthys
Dante in a rapestomp.

BloodRain
Dante punches Mario in the armpit then he falls through the floor with his ''you suck at this game, player'' tune.

XMr. WinterX
off topic but how can i put pics in the poll without going to a website?

danteiscool
don't know man, I've been trying to figure that out myself, but have had no luck.

now as for the thread, I don't remember Mario having any speed feats that would put him near Dante's level of speed. strength wise, I don't recall Mario doing anything too impressive (as far as I can remember anyway). and considering Mario dies with one hit in his games (two if he has the super mushroom before hand and three hits if he has a fireflower or some other power up like that), that's not helping him.

Dantes wins this easily.

BloodRain
@Winter: Link to pic. <-without the space at the last ].
If that's what you're looking for.

NemeBro
You gave Mario all of his weapons.

Mario can now cancel the power of every attack used against him, and stop time, among other things.

Nephthys
Yeah, but he has his brains blown out before he even knows he can though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, but he has his brains blown out before he even knows he can though. He starts with a star.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
He starts with a star.

Winning weapon, Dante has no idea what it does and he won't expect immediate death spite from it.

ScreamPaste
Mr Winter foolishly gave Mario all of his weapons. Mario's purity heart turns off all of Dante's powers, his emerald star stops time, and Mario jumps on Dante's head, for 101 points.

BloodRain
His time powers either last a few seconds, kicks in after a few seconds or can backfire on Mario. Haven't read of the purity heart turning off all powers.

Nevertheless, time stop before he acts. Kill him before or use 1 of 2 magic defence items if his powers are turned off before he can 'attempt' to stop time. Magic defence to counter the star too.

Burning thought
Dante due to his superior speed and reaction times will be using all of his abilities/powers before Mario whos brain will not have cought up with Dantes first movements.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
His time powers either last a few seconds, kicks in after a few seconds or can backfire on Mario. Haven't read of the purity heart turning off all powers.

Nevertheless, time stop before he acts. Kill him before or use 1 of 2 magic defence items if his powers are turned off before he can 'attempt' to stop time. Magic defence to counter the star too. You don't get it, Dante literally cannot use his time powers because of the Purity Heart. It turns off his powers, the star cannot be affected by Dante, and the time stop will be the final nail in his coffin.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Burning thought
Dante due to his superior speed and reaction times will be using all of his abilities/powers before Mario whos brain will not have cought up with Dantes first movements.
Pretty much.

Care to show the Purity Heart's effect? And its a gamble of a time stop, one that can be countered by three things; Magic defence, Aura or a nice quick death.

NemeBro
Dante cannot hurt Mario at the start of the fight due to the star.

Are you trolling?

BloodRain
Nothing said is troll-like so, no.

If its the same star that makes him invulnerable for a few seconds then Magic defence items, Aura and DDT until he can strike.

If it comes down to it, BFR.

XMr. WinterX
hmmmmm...then can i make Dante have all his powers guns and weapons? since people make it sound like Mario has this for rape

XMr. WinterX
now i feel like putting Mario and Luigi against Dante and Vergil

Ridley_Prime
WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK WAAAAAAAANK!

XanatosForever
dur-rage

Demonic Phoenix
Soo much irony in this thread...I don't know what to do except...
link-rape

iChaos
Mario loses because he is a fat plumber.

MooCowofJustice
Mario wins because he's a short, fat, heroic plumber.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
hmmmmm...then can i make Dante have all his powers guns and weapons? since people make it sound like Mario has this for rape

It's going both ways ermm

ScreamPaste

If its the same star that makes him invulnerable for a few seconds then Magic defence items, Aura and DDT until he can strike.

If it comes down to it, BFR. The Purity Heart is > The Chaos Heart which destroyed the multiverse. Mario starts off invunlerable, and the purity heart cancels all of Dante's powers, so Dante cannot turn off his invuln, or even touch him. Mario stops time. no expression Mario has this in the BAG.

NemeBro

If it comes down to it, BFR. Only Purity Heart>>>Anything Dante has ever resisted.

Dante will then be powerless, and Mario will then effortlessly kill him.

Actually, he does not even really need time stop.

Burning thought
Whats the best canon damage feat a star has survived in a cutscene or storyline?

Whos the strongest entity the Purity heart has swiped of his powers? oh and its instant and does not require the plumbers reaction time to activate right? it somehow works off its own steam and this can be proven?

iChaos
Dante tosses Mario the Evil Heart.

BloodRain
The Purity Heart was created to counter the Chaos Heart, no mention or hint of being able to effect anything else.

The 8 Pure Hearts only nulled the Chaos Hearts invincibility, and it wasn't auto, it had to go up and encircle the target first then took a few seconds for the power to work. The Count and the abomination still had access to their movements and powers afterwards.

Lastly the Pure Hearts and its effect only works when ''Four heroes unite.''

ScreamPaste
Those are the pure hearts, not the purity heart.
"The Pure Hearts are great treasures created by the Ancients. They supposedly hold great power. The source of power in these Pure Hearts are the power of love itself (parent, smitten, etc.). The Ancients researched love, believing it to be the universe's only salvation. They created the Pure Hearts as the embodiment of love. Hopefully, their combined brilliance would negate the destruction of the Chaos Heart, a feat which it ended up successfully performing. Mario and his team of heroes must find all of the Pure Hearts to destroy the Chaos Heart. In the end the hearts defeat Count Bleck, Dimentio and The Void."

^Stopping Multiversal forces > Dante.

Mario already gathered together and assembled the entire purity heart aswell. Even if it takes a moment to use, Mario starts wth a star, and the Purity heart, IIRC, /recreated the multiverse/ sort of putting a dent in the idea it can only interact with the chaos heart.

XMr. WinterX
Dante will run as fast as possible before Mario cathes him in star mode...how strong is the stars in Marioverses?

ScreamPaste
Mario won't have to catch him, he'll nail him down with a timestop. smile While the purity heart nullifies Dante's powers.

BloodRain
'Love is the only thing that can destroy the Chaos Heart'
The Chaos Hearts only weakness is love, the Purity Heart is an embodiment of love. Is basically made to counter it. It only effects the powers of the Chaos Heart and iirc it took a showing of true love to make it work in the end.

Without that the star effect wont stay up for long.

Either way, BFR shot before it takes effect.

ScreamPaste
Do you know what happens if you touch Mario with Star Power? You die. no expression No BFR shot.

Purity heart recreated all reality. It can interact with things that are not the Chaos Heart.

BloodRain
Sure why not. Simple answer is wait till its gone or use his own 'no damage' items. The shot has nothing to do with magic/defence, just sending away.

Mario has only used the Pure Hearts, Blumeire and Timpani's love activated the Purity heart. So Mario cant actually use the Purity's powers. Not that Ive seen anything to say it effects thing other then the Chaos.

Burning thought
Whats stopping Dante from just speed blitzing Mario and killing him instantly?

TheAuraAngel
Whats stopping Dante from just speed blitzing Mario and killing him instantly?

Star Power. no expression

On that note, Dante feels the wrath of 20+ years of Nintendo glory raping him. And he likes it.

XMr. WinterX
can Mario activate the star before Dante travels at over ma15 to just speed blitz him or before Dante can pull out a gun and shoot him in the head?

The Scenario
If he starts with Star Power it's automatic. And besides the Purity Heart, Mario also has the Star Beam, which removed the power of a wish granting artifact. Oh, and if he really does have all items, Mario's also got intangibility, flight, regeneration, a stone or metal form, earthquakes, lightning attacks, etc. I don't feel like listing.

This is why you don't give a guy that been in literally hundreds of games everything he's ever had.

XMr. WinterX
he has only one star tho and only one of every mushroom not flower or rock and metal form but all weapons while Dante is also limited in some things to

Edit: the fight is in the jungles of Brazil...im sure Dante can wait for Mario to run ot of the star and then just shoot him

Burning thought
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Star Power. no expression

On that note, Dante feels the wrath of 20+ years of Nintendo glory raping him. And he likes it.

Whats its feats?

XMr. WinterX
damn i forgot to put that Dante has all forms

SpadeKing
he has only one star tho and only one of every mushroom not flower or rock and metal form but all weapons while Dante is also limited in some things to

Edit: the fight is in the jungles of Brazil...im sure Dante can wait for Mario to run ot of the star and then just shoot him

You make it sound as if he knows what the star even does no expression

XMr. WinterX
im saying that if Dante shoots Mario while Mario approaches Dante and sees Mario totally unharmed, i am sure Dante might run for a bit...but can mario activate the star before Dante shoots him?

NemeBro
It's active from the get-go.

Demonic Phoenix
im saying that if Dante shoots Mario while Mario approaches Dante and sees Mario totally unharmed, i am sure Dante might run for a bit...but can mario activate the star before Dante shoots him? Originally posted by The Scenario
If he starts with Star Power it's automatic.

Also, if he sees Mario is not harmed by his bullets, he'll try his sword.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Also, if he sees Mario is not harmed by his bullets, he'll try his sword.

Exactly

NemeBro
Which will... Not hurt him and only harm him. no expression

SpadeKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
Which will... Not hurt him and only harm him. no expression Originally posted by SpadeKing
Exactly

ScreamPaste
Even if Dante ran, Mario has a time stop and can turn off Dante's powers.

BloodRain
Nah, null thing wont work.

ScreamPaste
Omniversal power>Dante. no expression

BloodRain
Dante isn't the Chaos Heart afaik.

''Blumeire and Timpani's love activated the Purity heart.''

ScreamPaste
Which Mario now has. Just like Luigi had the Chaos Heart, and I already told you it's done things that do not involve the Chaos Heart.

BloodRain
The only thing ive seen is it countering the Chaos Hearts giant destruction thing of doom.

And how is Mario going to show an act of true love to use the Purity Heart?

XMr. WinterX
if Dante is in no powers form than Dante will run from him

ScreamPaste
The only thing ive seen is it countering the Chaos Hearts giant destruction thing of doom.

And how is Mario going to show an act of true love to use the Purity Heart? Saving Princess Peach all the damn time with nary a blowjob to show for it. Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
if Dante is in no powers form than Dante will run from him Without his powers he won't get far.

XMr. WinterX
ok Mario cant just start with the star he has everything in his pockets...can he get it out and activate it before Dante just shoots in to death with a jack-pot shot?

Nephthys
No.

MooCowofJustice
He doesn't have to, it's still touching his body and will activate.

Burning thought
And has not repelled power the likes of which Dante can bring to bear.

MooCowofJustice
But BT, the function IS the feat!

Burning thought
In the case of protection in which case the function is to protect Mario. The no limit fallacy without a feat would be to claim the invulnerability it appears as in the game. If in truth its not got a canon feat (likely) then Mario having a star is useless. Dante still just shoots him in the head before he reacts.

MooCowofJustice
Quit trolling and keep your daft fanon out of here.

XMr. WinterX
facepalm2 noone is trolling dude

XanatosForever
In the case of protection in which case the function is to protect Mario. The no limit fallacy without a feat would be to claim the invulnerability it appears as in the game. If in truth its not got a canon feat (likely) then Mario having a star is useless. Dante still just shoots him in the head before he reacts.

What? The Starman's got plenty of feats. Hell, the power of stars has been a part of Mario continuity since the beginning, and it's always been the same thing: unstoppable ownage to all who gets in Mario's way. The only way Mario ever dies during the Starman's invincibility is he falls down a pit, and let's face, that's gonna be a kill because Starman can't keep Mario invincible when he's falling thousands of feet into darkness a la 300.

Burning thought
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Quit trolling and keep your daft fanon out of here.

Stop whining, claiming "troll" is not a replacement for an argument.

facepalm2 noone is trolling dude

And this

Originally posted by XanatosForever
What? The Starman's got plenty of feats. Hell, the power of stars has been a part of Mario continuity since the beginning, and it's always been the same thing: unstoppable ownage to all who gets in Mario's way. The only way Mario ever dies during the Starman's invincibility is he falls down a pit, and let's face, that's gonna be a kill because Starman can't keep Mario invincible when he's falling thousands of feet into darkness a la 300.

So tell me, whats its actual feat? show me the cinematic where the Starman powers Mario and he takes a big hit with gaugable power, from there we can then see how much damage Dante can do.

ScreamPaste
SMB1, Mario runs through Bowser with a star. >Dante.

MooCowofJustice

But your daft fanon is? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Burning thought
fanfiction? I think now you are the one trolling as I mentioned no fanfiction at all. Simply a mechanic in an argument. At the moment I dont think I even pointed out a fanfiction of yours so where your getting "fanon" from I dont know.

XanatosForever

And this

So tell me, whats its actual feat? show me the cinematic where the Starman powers Mario and he takes a big hit with gaugable power, from there we can then see how much damage Dante can do.

Just because it doeesn't have a cinematic feat doesn't mean it's not quantifiable. The fact that its ability has been carried through multiple games through the entirety of Mario's career is enough to justify it's power.

Burning thought
No, sorry but if all its been is a gameplay powerup then thats not a quantifiable canon gauge of its usefulness. Claiming its invincible just because Mario can survive fireballs or mushrooms hitting him while using it is a no limit fallacy.

Does it even have canon storyline text based around it? e.g. do the main characters mension it and its power? its deeds?

XanatosForever
No, sorry but if all its been is a gameplay powerup then thats not a quantifiable canon gauge of its usefulness. Claiming its invincible just because Mario can survive fireballs or mushrooms hitting him while using it is a no limit fallacy.

Does it even have canon storyline text based around it? e.g. do the main characters mension it and its power? its deeds?

So according to what you're saying, nothing Mario's ever done is useable because practically his entire franchise is gameplay, yes?

Burning thought
I dont know enough to say that about his "entire franchise", but if the only feat of this Star is that it makes him invincible to his gameplay enemies within the gameplay then its useless to him in this fight.

Also I have seen cutscenes, probably from Mario galaxy or sunshine so I am quite sure theres canon text or storyline that bases a lot of what Mario can do. Probably wont help your case for the Starman though.

Whats your claim? that because of the gameplay mechanics around the Starman making him immune to mushrooms and what not, he can survive against any fictional attack from any universe simply because "his invincible with a Starman!"?

The Scenario
If you want to go by cutscenes, Mario can stand within several yards of a star. He's tanked multiple lightning strikes without damage and only got a bit tired. He's tanked multiple bombs to the face, as well as a giant bomb strong enough to knock him out of a dungeon, with no damage.

That's all I remember off the top of my head. Looking for cutscenes in Mario is hard.

MooCowofJustice
How about when he survived the fall off the bridge to Bowser's castle in Mario RPG when the huge sword destroyed it?

Love some RPG, has some great Mario feats in it.

XMr. WinterX
Dante has some amazing durablilty cause you know...hes been stabbed, punched, put on fire, cut in half etc...he acts like nothing happened

The Scenario
Dante gets hurt and recovers. Mario doesn't tend to get hurt in the first place.

BloodRain
It takes less then a flame to hurt him. Lava kills StarMario, lava<<<Ifrit. If he had it it would end this. Also crushing him works too.

BFR, ice block, etc. SMTDante did survive a magic Armageddon. Note out of plah.

A-OPEN
Dante will cut mario in to 100000part. laughing lol laughing
Dante wins.
Mario die

The Scenario
It takes less then a flame to hurt him. Lava kills StarMario, lava<<<Ifrit. If he had it it would end this. Also crushing him works too.

BFR, ice block, etc. SMTDante did survive a magic Armageddon. Note out of plah.

Lava doesn't kill Star Mario, he just falls into the bottomless pit it's in.

RE: Blaxican
Mario walks into goombas and gets hurt.

/thread

BloodRain
Scenerio, just check NewSMB. Lava knocks him out of star power to which he bounces off it in pain then falls through. Death by lava not pit.

The Scenario
I haven't actually played those yet. But Mario is pretty much made of glass in those games anyway. In most others lava is a momentary inconvenience at best, and Galaxy switches out lava for nuclear fusion.

BloodRain
Nevertheless it has star power(like Bowser) being defeated by it. Not important as Dante lacks Ifrit in this thread.

A-OPEN
Dante will wins match for sure and no need to talk about it.

Ridley_Prime
Wanky wanky.

Dat guy
Mario has all weapons right? he can then use the star rod which grants him any wish or use Catch Card SP which traps enemies souls inside them..Mario beats an immortal great demon king(that's Bowser's title in Jap. in case you didn't know) everyday to save Peach so a demon pretty boy has no chance..unless Dante can survive falling in an exploding sun, being eaten by a supermassive black hole and being engulfed by a supernova and just getting a headache for it like it happened to Bowser.

Ridley_Prime
I agree that Mario wins, but Bowser, a great demon king? lol

Kosmic King
Mario. Dante may be strong, but Mario's cartoonish qualities lend him anupper hand of achieving things considered impossible to survive (as said above).

But then again, I haven't played Dante's Inferno.

Zack Fair
Dante has some amazing durablilty cause you know...hes been stabbed, punched, put on fire, cut in half etc...he acts like nothing happened

That is not durability. That would be damage soak/healing factor.

Warioman8
According to the anime(which is some time after the first game canonically) Dante refuses to kill humans..Mario is human, every weapon available means Star Rod and that grants any and every wish so Mario can make Dante human or turn him into a baby or something..Mario is immortal going to hell and heaven at will in SPM thanks to Queen Jaydess..I think Mario wins.

elfirrepins
Mario is a plumber, and plumbers don't wear ties. Therefore, Mario wins.

BloodRain
^Mario's never used the Star Rod. Or the Purity Heart for that matter.

The Scenario
He's held both in his hands, though.

Why is this thread back?

BloodRain
Never touched the purity and touching the star rod doesn't make it his, or a usable item for him.

/shrugs Was bumped.

The Scenario
He did touch all the pure hearts, as the Purity Heart was separated into them before the story began. He does use those. I won't press the Star Rod, though, as he had for a few minutes at most.

Not like Mario really needs it, though.

Pinkie Pie
That this is a discussion amaze me stick out tongue

BloodRain
Thats true but he cannot activate it. IIRC you need four people to create it then a showing of true love to use its power. He cant do either by himself.

He still lacks the speed to compete with even base Dante and land any of his fluxuating strength hits on him, and thats if he has such impressive strength to begin with. Cant think of many powers that would really help so it comes down to how long Mario can take a beating.

Ifrit would stomp if he wasnt gimped.

The Scenario
Aside from invisibility, intangibility, being electrified, made of metal, stopping time, stealing souls, etc?

Mario's strength is generally sufficient to toss Bowser's fluctuating form, maybe 2 tons, and launch small asteroids at decent speed. Or kill airships by jumping on them. His durability is good enough to stand next to a star indefinitely and touch one for a few seconds. He's undamaged by massive bombs to the face, and has tanked lightning strikes.

Technically Mario also can and has fought his way out of the afterlife like Kratos.

NemeBro
Mario should not be allowed to be put in threads.

His series runs on pure negative continuity.

Making feats random and varying. And stupid.

"I HAVE TROUBLE LIFTING KING BOB OMB BUT CAN DROPKICK A CASTLE HURHUR"

BloodRain
^(y)

But isnt able to use in conjunction. Some of those are items (not in this thread) and time is useless.

Hits and tagging wont be an issue then. His (also fluxuating) durability is the only concern, and if Dante has a problem theres also the Sparda Dragon.. thingie. Strongest attack and is spectral/intangible so itd come down to his stamina, not durability.

One death is all thats needed here. Surprised that Mario died in a game though o-O

The Scenario
Ok Mario has only one of every mushroom, along with only one star, and all his weapons. Dante has access to Rebellion, Yamato, Gilgamesh, and Sparda Sword. For guns E&I, shotgun, Pandoras Box, and Kalina Ann.

They both fight in the middle of the jungles in Brazil.

Who will triumph?
The Plumber or the White Haired Demon?

Am I wrong in assuming that "all his weapons" means items are available?

Anyway, looking for feats in a Mario game is an adventure in itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8N0VebImY#t=1m37s

How heavy you think a Chain Chomp is?

MooCowofJustice
Try some stuff from SMRPG, Scenario. There might be some good shit in there. That's where I found his best jump height. It's pretty much hundreds of feet.

He also fell off a bridge that should easily allow terminal velocity from the height.

NemeBro
He also had trouble lifting up King Bob Omb. :3

The Scenario
Because yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJuveOm7fs#t=45s

Greatest thing ever. Skip to 3:30 to avoid the build up.

BloodRain
I wouldnt count items like a frog suit as a weapon.

Ball of iron, urrmmm 8-900tons max if solid?

Link for King Bob Oob plox.

The Scenario
I wouldnt count items like a frog suit as a weapon.

Don't see why.

lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeWKhW_TSY#t=30s

NemeBro
Wait.

You have like, never played Super Mario 64...?

BloodRain
Cos its not a weapon?

>.> I take it you wernt literal in asking for the weight *cough*

Link bugs my phone, will use my imagination.

@Neme: Moi? No. Didnt get into any non-handheld nintendo games til some friends lent me SSBM. So late gamecube era ^^;

NemeBro
no expression

Leave now.

MooCowofJustice
Armors count as weapons. Just ask teh Iron Man.

BloodRain
D; stfu

Weaps are a subclass to items, seperate thing. Small detail anyhow.

The Scenario
Cos its not a weapon?

Meh.

Mis-read it. Thought you said between 8 tons or 900tons. I was going to make a quip about that being generally unhelpful, but then I facepalmed myself.

Picture a bomb with feet about 3 or 4 times the size of Mario. Now picture Mario picking that up and throwing it maybe 10 feet max.

BloodRain
Lol ok.
Either way these feats < Devil Bringer.

Speed is still a win card. Mario's like peak human, right?

MooCowofJustice
Mario can run fast enough to take off for flight with a cape and a raccoon tail.

NemeBro
That is uh, not a speed feat. haermm

That said, BloodRain never played Mario 64. Leave this maggot to rot.

MooCowofJustice
Shh. He doesn't know any better.

NemeBro
LEAVE THE ****ING MAGGOT TO ROT!!!

MooCowofJustice
But maggots don't rot. They merely feed on things that do.

I must therefore keep this thread alive to starve him.

BloodRain
Dont have to play to know it means nothing #-#

NemeBro
Maggots can in fact rot.

God.

Bacteria can rot a maggot.

And a rotting maggot is the lowest of the low.

BloodRain
So you guys are acting as the bacteria here? /ponders

elfirrepins
What was this topic about again?

BloodRain
Maggots and bacteria?

..or how Dante > Mario. The former wins both.

^For the item thing.

The Scenario
I don't even know what "all weapons" even means anymore. Shoot, the rock form IS a mushroom.

And that one star should be this one.

BloodRain
Ditto. Take away the rock and what he said makes sense.

Thats like the big, yellow mushroom in NewSMB without the retroness. A larger target basically. Unless he's trying to run into Dante which would be fun to see.

srankmissingnin
As far as I know Dante doesn't have a self destruct button on his head, there is litterally nothing Mario could do to incapacitate or kill him. Dante could sit in a chair and wait for Mario to die of old age.

The Scenario
There's plenty that Mario can do to kill Dante, assuming items count as weapons. Earthquakes, lightning, blizzards, paralysis, fireballs, etc. Or use his hammer or drop him off in another dimension or something.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by The Scenario
There's plenty that Mario can do to kill Dante, assuming items count as weapons. Earthquakes, lightning, blizzards, paralysis, fireballs, etc. Or use his hammer or drop him off in another dimension or something.

Due to Dante's damage soak / healing capabilities and the scope/potential damage of Mario's power ups nothing you've mentioned would cause Dante to even bat an eyelid. Teleporting him to another dimension (which I've never seen Mario do) could constitute a BFR though. Mario has enough trouble with inconsequential fodder like Goombas and Koopas... hell poor guy gets hurt bumping into enemies.

BloodRain
Jump, Trish, Frosts, Noctpteran/Soul Eater, Ifrit, Savior punch and Jackpot return fire/he comes and goes trough dimensions in 3/4 games.

As I remember fire attacks are near enough Mario's weakness.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
As far as I know Dante doesn't have a self destruct button on his head, there is litterally nothing Mario could do to incapacitate or kill him. Dante could sit in a chair and wait for Mario to die of old age. This is a rather uninformed opinion.

Gameplay mechanics aren't valid arguments.

Mario drops a ****ing castle on him, y'know, after turning off all of Dante's abilities with his omniversal power. no expression

BloodRain
"I HAVE TROUBLE LIFTING KING BOB OMB BUT CAN DROPKICK A CASTLE HURHUR" confused

There is no Purity Heart. That was dealt with by page 2.

srankmissingnin
This is a rather uninformed opinion.

Gameplay mechanics aren't valid arguments.

Mario drops a ****ing castle on him, y'know, after turning off all of Dante's abilities with his omniversal power. no expression

Actually, it's an informed an accurate opinion... it just happens not to be predicated on nostalgia and Nintendo bias, so you might not like it.

I guess we are saying the star is useless as well if we are completely ignoring "gameplay mechanics"? Cool, this is an even bigger stomp for Dante than I originally thought.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Actually, it's an informed an accurate opinion... it just happens not to be predicated on nostalgia and Nintendo bias, so you might not like it.

I guess we are saying the star is useless as well if we are completely ignoring "gameplay mechanics"? Cool, this is an even bigger stomp for Dante than I originally thought. Someone hasn't played a Mario game in a very long time. Mario is an obscenely powerful character with feats that outmatch Dante's by a wide margin and a variety of tools so borked the ridiculousness is perfectly suited to the source material.

Also, TVtropes says DMC3 is noncanon, any verification on this?

srankmissingnin
Someone hasn't played a Mario game in a very long time. Mario is an obscenely powerful character with feats that outmatch Dante's by a wide margin and a variety of tools so borked the ridiculousness is perfectly suited to the source material.

Also, TVtropes says DMC3 is noncanon, any verification on this?

As far as I know, other than puzzle/party games, the only Mario games I haven't at least tried were on the ones on the Virtual Boy. Mario isn't even in the same (Mario) galaxy as Dante power wise. Mario had a dues ex machina power that was designed to specifically counter one distinct threat... this will not help him against Dante. He can't win. He stands no chance.

First I've heard about it, not sure why it wouldn't have been canon.

BloodRain
^ A fan that thinks the new DmC takes over 3's place?

The Scenario
Originally posted by The Scenario
Because yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJuveOm7fs#t=45s

Greatest thing ever. Skip to 3:30 to avoid the build up.

I somehow doubt Dante can really hurt Mario when he can be launched out a cannon at the moon and be fine.

Or tank this massive bomb.

CosmicComet
Mario being a lower level toonforcer is enough to ensure he won't get killed.

BloodRain
He was also temporarily knocked out by two bolts from Sir Grodus, bolts that are in-game < Bowsers flame breath in damage. Another inconsistency.

Sparda dragon bypasses defense anyhow, a nice lil trick.

Phanteros
Someone hasn't played a Mario game in a very long time. Mario is an obscenely powerful character with feats that outmatch Dante's by a wide margin and a variety of tools so borked the ridiculousness is perfectly suited to the source material.

Also, TVtropes says DMC3 is noncanon, any verification on this? No I think you got it confused with 2.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
No I think you got it confused with 2. I may well have.

/ignores wank.

So, answers to time stops and multiversal levels of powah? If Mario sets a castle on Dante, does anyone honestly believe he can regenerate? >=)

RE: Blaxican
Mario can't lift a castle.

Assuming Kerrigan isn't injured by shots from Siege Tanks. shifty

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>