Mosque Allowed Near 9/11 Site...wait, what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://dnainfo.com/20100525/manhattan/meeting-on-planned-mosque-near-world-trade-center-site-draws-hundreds-of-people

So yeah...A Mosque was allowed to be built where Muslims crashed a plane into a giant building which took thousands of lives no expression. This is messed up.

§P0oONY
I'm alright with this.

Not every Muslim supported the 9/11 attacj,

Nemesis X

Bardock42
There is already a thread on this topic. I agree with Spooony though.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t533800.html

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You disgust me.

That's harsh. He is right, not every Muslim supported the terrorist attacks, a large number didn't, the very, very vast majority of Muslims in western countries surely didn't.

Symmetric Chaos
Six blocks away is hardly "near". A number of Muslims working in the tower were killed, I'm sure their families will appreciate the mosque being built.

§P0oONY
You disgust me. srug

Nemesis X
Why couldn't Muslims make their mosque somewhere else? I know that not all Muslims caused the 9/11 incident but making a Mosque close to where people have lost their friends, family, maybe even children, just seems to be adding insult to injury.

§P0oONY
Why couldn't Muslims make their mosque somewhere else? I know that not all Muslims caused the 9/11 incident but making a Mosque close to where people have lost their friends, family, maybe even children, just seems to be adding insult to injury. Mate... It happened almost 9 years ago. Time to maybe get over it a bit. You can't ban Muslims from the area forever. (Not that you should ban them from the area at all).

Symmetric Chaos
Why couldn't Muslims make their mosque somewhere else? I know that not all Muslims caused the 9/11 incident but making a Mosque close to where people have lost their friends, family, maybe even children, just seems to be adding insult to injury.

So this one time a black guy killed someone in my town. And then there were these totally unrelated black people that wanted to move in! Sickening.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So this one time a black guy killed someone in my town. And then there were these totally unrelated black people that wanted to move in! Sickening.

The guy in your town didn't ram a plane into a building resulting more than one death now did he?

§P0oONY
The guy in your town didn't ram a plane into a building resulting more than one death now did he? Say he did... Still ban all black people from moving in?

Bardock42
The guy in your town didn't ram a plane into a building resulting more than one death now did he?

The attacks were much more inspired by severe Anti-Americanism justified with religion, than Islam, to punish peaceful believers, American believers all the more, is hardly fair.

How many blocks would you deem appropriate between ground-zero and the next mosque?

The Nuul
This is a big slap to the faces of the New Yorkers. I hope the New Yorkers riot and burn that place down. Got bless America and screw the Abrabs, Talis, Muslims or whatever the Hell you want to call them.

Nemesis X

Symmetric Chaos

How many people do you have to kill to get your whole race banned?

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Nuul
This is a big slap to the faces of the New Yorkers. I hope the New Yorkers riot and burn that place down.

Except for the Muslim ones, I assume?

§P0oONY
African Americans don't make their laws into religion. So it's alright to be prejudiced so long as it's about religion not race?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Except for the Muslim ones, I assume?

And all the ones that aren't hysterically afraid of brown people.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by The Nuul
This is a big slap to the faces of the New Yorkers. I hope the New Yorkers riot and burn that place down. Got bless America and screw the Abrabs, Talis, Muslims or whatever the Hell you want to call them. You got to be kidding, yeah?

You guys would hate the UK, our Muslim population is much bigger than yours.

The Nuul
Did I say UK? No.

Nemesis X

§P0oONY
You do realize that because of Muslim religion, people blew themselves up in suicide bombings, right? Yeah... Because of Christianity shit loads of people were killed in the Crusades... Your point?

Religion creates passion... Passion creates extremism... Extremism creates murder.

THat does not mea that all religious people are extremists.

Grand-Moff-Gav
oh dear...

p.s. the crusades were fandabbydosy.

Symmetric Chaos
You do realize that because of Muslim religion, people blew themselves up in suicide bombings, right?

Did all of them? No.
Do all Muslims see that as a part of Islam? No.
Do many Muslims condemn the attack? Yes.
Did a lot of innocent Muslims die in the attack? Yes.
Is Islam a monolithic religion? No, there are three major divisons and lots of minor ones.

But sure, let's treat this as a totally black and white issue.

Wait a second, didn't Christians kill, torture and harass thousands upon thousands of people during the Inquisition. If we're to be consistent they should be prevented from building anything anywhere.

Shakyamunison

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
People create religions... therefore, religion is not the source of evil in the world; human's are. Cheers for stating the obvious.. yes

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
People create religions... therefore, religion is not the source of evil in the world; human's are.

Thank you for bluntly summarizing his argument.

Grand-Moff-Gav
The Crusades and the Inquisition were both pretty well rounded positive forces if you ask me... abused indeed, but in the context of their time they were often pretty positive forces. (From the State's pov anyway.)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
The Crusades and the Inquisition were both pretty well rounded positive forces if you ask me... abused indeed, but in the context of their time they were often pretty positive forces. (From the State's pov anyway.)

And I'm sure from the PoV of terrorists the attack on the World Trade Center was a pretty positive force. They certainly managed to spread terror.

Nemesis X

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
And I'm sure from the PoV of terrorists the attack on the World Trade Center was a pretty positive force. They certainly managed to spread terror.

Isn't point of view a wonderful thing.

You're comparing completely two different timelines here dude.

So...how often do different religions besides Muslim teach kids to wanting to blow themselves up in the future so they think they will be a hero to their country?

How many Muslims do you know?

Don't forget Pope Urban II did indirectly send hundreds if not thousands of teenagers to the Holy Lands to die in bloody conflict they knew nothing about...then again so did Field Marshal Hauge.

No religion, world view or belief has a monopoly on going to extremes to preserve itself when it feels threatened. You have to remember, for the so called extremists of Al-Queda they felt like they had been under attack for generations and they lashed out at the "big" enemy- America, king of the West. I'm not defending what they did, but it can be defended and usually not by invoking the dictates of the koran.

§P0oONY

So...how often do different religions besides Muslim teach kids to wanting to blow themselves up in the future so they think they will be a hero to their country? Well, there is a lot of bad blood in Ireland...

Bardock42

So...how often do different religions besides Muslim teach kids to wanting to blow themselves up in the future so they think they will be a hero to their country?

So you just don't like Islam as a whole? Or do you see differences between Muslim people?

Symmetric Chaos

No, same timeline. Unless you're suggesting that the Crusades only happened in an alternate universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_extremism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_religious_terrorism

Not to mention Christian organizations devoted to purifying the world racially.

So yeah, lots of people do terrible things. Assuming that everyone with any tenuous connection to them is also a bad person is crazy.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bardock42
So you just don't like Islam as a whole? Or do you see differences between Muslim people?

I'm not a racist if that's what you're implying. I mostly have a negative view on their religion that can sometimes make them do things they may regret in the future.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not a racist if that's what you're implying. I mostly have a negative view on their religion that can sometimes make them do things they may regret in the future.

Gee, if only Islam wasn't a single monolithic entity.

§P0oONY
I'm not a racist if that's what you're implying. I mostly have a negative view on their religion that can sometimes make them do things they may regret in the future. I don't think they regret it... They're kind of in pieces.....

... or in heaven with lots of virgins... (well, I imagine they're not virgins anymore)

Nemesis X

Peach
Old news, use the thread that already exists.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with a mosque being built near Ground Zero. Big freaking deal. Nemesis, as usual, you are clueless.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.