Kenshiro vs Gene (God Hand)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloodRawEngine
I've always wondered what others' opinions on this fight would be. Hopefully we'll see some posts before this gets closed (Gene being from a video game and all).

Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro. Gene can't beat his inspiration. What would you say was Gene's three greatest moves/techniques and what do they do exactly?

BloodRawEngine
Firstly, Gene was inspired by Kenshiro. The developers even said Fist of the North Star had no particular influence when creating the game. Besides that's like saying Kenshiro couldn't beat Bruce Lee.

Three is kind of limiting, although on average, many of Gene's moves regularly (and often casually) send his victims into orbit (as the song goes: "Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way"wink, that's not counting when he ultimately gained both God Hands, with which he defeated the demon king. The game may make more use and emphasis on toon-ish comic relief and quirkiness throughout the entire thing, but there's still coherence to the story and points where it needs to be.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Firstly, Gene was inspired by Kenshiro. The developers even said Fist of the North Star had no particular influence when creating the game. Besides that's like saying Kenshiro couldn't beat Bruce Lee.

Three is kind of limiting, although on average, many of Gene's moves regularly (and often casually) send his victims into orbit (as the song goes: "Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way"wink, that's not counting when he ultimately gained both God Hands, with which he defeated the demon king. The game may make more use and emphasis on toon-ish comic relief and quirkiness throughout the entire thing, but there's still coherence to the story and points where it needs to be.

Well I was asking for three because I know of him having a lot. Not limiting him to only being able to use only three moves. I was being facetious with the first part either, not using that as a claim to victory. In short can he counter the Musou Tensei or anything similar to Suieshin?

BloodRawEngine
First off, I just have to correct my obvious typo in my last post; I meant to say Gene was NOT inspired by Kenshiro in any way, and that any similarities are confirmed as being coincidential.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix Well I was asking for three because I know of him having a lot. Not limiting him to only being able to use only three moves.

Wasn't thinking you were trying to, what I meant was that it'd be quicker to bring up things that wouldn't be worth accounting for in this fight.

I'm sure, but either way, it's false; Ken bears no influence whatsoever on Gene's creation.

To counter it brings up a kind of debatable situation, as in the chances of either examples you made actually happening before Gene makes a move. The toughest thing Gene had ever faced with only one God Hand was the guy with the other God Hand, who, on a stroll, disintegrated three enemies in less time than it takes for something like the hundred crack fist to initiate (to which Gene also has a similar technique, and even just the striking speed at which he can casually pull off). It's presumably the only time he ever actually put forth anymore effort than he usually would.

And I really wouldn't count on Sueshin being very reliable based on the very source for Gene and Azel's (the other God Hand) abilities; Ken's not gonna be kicking anyone's ass to the moon (literally) without one of the God Hands. I'm more on the lines myself to ask if Kenshiro has anything to counter just a fully-unleashed God Hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.