Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
So I just watched a trailer for this thing, and I have to say, it looks like it might be a little fun. I'lll be keeping my eye on it from now on.

http://www.scottpilgrimthemovie.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim_vs._the_World

KingD19
So I guess it's safe to assume you've never read the comics? You're missin out man.

SnakeEyes
I posted some thoughts in the comic section - basically this is going to be a geek's wet dream. I'm pretty confident people will be flipping out about this in a week; the internet/fanboy/geek community has already be going insane since the trailer came out.

Me? I read the first volume of the comic series 6 months or so ago and was pretty underwhelmed. I didn't really like it. That said, I'll still see the movie cause it's Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz)... but I don't expect to come out loving it like I expect a lot of geeks to.

Kazenji
I'll be giving this movie a miss.

ADarksideJedi
Not a big fan of him He was ok in Juno and that is how I see him ever since I watch that movie, horrible but true.

Newjak
Just finished watching this.

The first part of the movie drags but once you get to the fights everything picked up for me.

I enjoyed it its definitely not a film you take seriously

SnakeEyes
I actually really enjoyed this. I didn't like the comic, as I mentioned earlier, but as a film it really worked. The plot isn't much to praise, but the visuals/special effects are amazing, the editing is extremely fast-paced and creative, the music is really solid, the acting/comic-timing of the cast is great.

I'm not going to claim that it "speaks for/represents my generation" like some people have, but it was definitely a very fun movie. One of the better films I've seen in theaters this year.

Did I love it? No. Did I like it? Definitely.

BruceSkywalker
i may see this free if i am able

Newjak
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I actually really enjoyed this. I didn't like the comic, as I mentioned earlier, but as a film it really worked. The plot isn't much to praise, but the visuals/special effects are amazing, the editing is extremely fast-paced and creative, the music is really solid, the acting/comic-timing of the cast is great.

I'm not going to claim that it "speaks for/represents my generation" like some people have, but it was definitely a very fun movie. One of the better films I've seen in theaters this year.

Did I love it? No. Did I like it? Definitely. Pretty much my view as well.

I thought the fight scenes were definitely top notch, great look and feel

SnakeEyes
Yeah, the fight scenes were fantastic. I should've expected as much, given how awesome the shoot-out was at the end of Hot Fuzz and even the action in Shaun of the Dead. The action in Scott Pilgrim was totally different, obviously, but just as impressive as anything he's done in the past, if not more so.

WanderingDroid
I think this is the right step for Michael Cera to move forward and away from that disaster of Year One.

Impediment
I won't be seeing this on account of Michael Cera being an absolute shit actor.

Rogue Jedi
Never heard of him, he that bad?

Impediment
Mm-hm.

Kaibs
I don't mind Cera so much. He has more dry humor than anything which is kind of funny to me. As stated earlier Year One was shit, but Jack Black is too. I liked Cera in other stuff.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Never heard of him, he that bad?

Decide for yourself. I don't think he's bad. He has great comedic timing.

Quincy
This movie was insane. It was ridiculous. If you love video games, if you love laughing and if you've ever been in love then see this movie.

The fight scenes were off the chain. The music was rocktastic.

Their band is named Sex Bob-Omb. That's legit

dadudemon
I will now be seeing this film tonight. no expression

MildPossession
Not really a shit actor, his range is crap, just plays the same sort in every film but the role he plays the same is good acting... if you see what I mean. He came out of his same shell slightly during Youth of Revolt, he can change if he tries and gets the right role.

I like Cera, he is the sort of actor who plays the same all the time but I still enjoy watching him in films; Owen Wilson is another one like that.

jinXed by JaNx
Never cared for Cera and his boring and pretentious on screen personality but i'll give him credit for this movie. The Director did a good job at showcasing his skills. I enjoyed this movie very much. I really couldn't find anything that i didnt like about this movie. It was funny, smart and incredibly appealing to the eye. The movie was shot beautifully. I would highly recommend this movie.

Darth Martin
Very wierd movie. It has it humor moments that make you laugh but aside from that......one of the worst films of the year.

K.Diddy
erm Meh,I will wait for the dvd

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Very wierd movie. It has it humor moments that make you laugh but aside from that......one of the worst films of the year.

One of the worst films of the year? Um, no. This year has offered a ton of shit films - Clash of the Titans, a Cats and Dogs sequel, Step-Up 3D, Valentine's Day, etc.

If you think Scott Pilgrim belongs with those then you must've seen a different film. The editing, cinematography, fight choreography, originality/creativity, cleverness, humor, all put it way above the majority of the movies released this year.

And may I remind you, it's Edgar Wright. The man is extremely talented and clearly put in a lot of time and energy into this film; it's on the screen.

I don't know why people can't just say "I didn't like it - here's why," they always have to tack on "and it was the WORST FILM EVER MADE!" or something that totally negates their point. (obvious hyperbole, I know you didn't say it was the worst film ever, but my point still stands)

Darth Martin
As far as ones that I've seen that is.....

SnakeEyes
You must've watched only a handful of great movies this year then.

Darth Martin
The ones I've seen in order.

Inception
Brooklyn's Finest
Iron Man 2
Kick-Ass
Toy Story 3
Predators
The Book of Eli
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Salt

So, yes, my opinion stands.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Never cared for Cera and his boring and pretentious on screen personality but i'll give him credit for this movie. The Director did a good job at showcasing his skills. I enjoyed this movie very much. I really couldn't find anything that i didnt like about this movie. It was funny, smart and incredibly appealing to the eye. The movie was shot beautifully. I would highly recommend this movie.

Holy sh*t! pained

I can't wait to see this film...soooooo bad..... pained

I'm seeing it tonight with the wife: it's date night, b*tches! big grin

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
One of the worst films of the year? Um, no. This year has offered a ton of shit films - Clash of the Titans, a Cats and Dogs sequel, Step-Up 3D, Valentine's Day, etc.

If you think Scott Pilgrim belongs with those then you must've seen a different film. The editing, cinematography, fight choreography, originality/creativity, cleverness, humor, all put it way above the majority of the movies released this year.

And may I remind you, it's Edgar Wright. The man is extremely talented and clearly put in a lot of time and energy into this film; it's on the screen.

I don't know why people can't just say "I didn't like it - here's why," they always have to tack on "and it was the WORST FILM EVER MADE!" or something that totally negates their point. (obvious hyperbole, I know you didn't say it was the worst film ever, but my point still stands)

I agree with everything you just said. However, Darth Martin does bring up a good point: he hasn't seen very many movies and all the movies he saw were at least decent. This movie is obviously not his cup of tea.

NemeBro
This movie was a rarity in that in managed to ooze consistent awesomeness for its entire duration.

One of the best movies of the year. estahuh

dadudemon
This movie is so awesome: a movie made for video game nerds.

There were so many references (musical, mostly) to video games that it was astounding.

Also, Ramona had a haircut style far too similar to the original Hinata (from Naruto) for it to be a coincidence. Another nerdy reference, imo. (Ramona even looked similar to Hinata (big eyes)).

Lots of Zelda music (and medleys).

Great music throughout, really.

The visuals and word labels throughout really made this film, for me. I did not like the fact that Cera's character was a whiny little b*tch because he had to fight radtastically throughout the film. However, his whining actually worked really well in some scenes. I think they should have cast or at least altered his personality a bit from apathetic to more aggressive...or more aggressive while being apathetic. Then it would have fit better for his abilities to fight, well.

Still, it was definitely a 9 out of 10. I will prolly watch this movie one or two more times...which means it's automatically a 9 out of 10; that's what a movie SHOULD do: make it worth watching again.

NemeBro
I actually saw it again today.

RE: Blaxican
It was alright... Crea's character was definitely the weakest point of the movie. Most of the references (aside from a few Final Fantasy ones) went right over my head, which might be why I didn't enjoy it as much.

Wasn't bad though. I'm just not it's target audience.

KurtRussellCrow
Loved it, the sound track in the movie was great

pearlshea
I watch Scott pilgrim vs. the world movie this Friday with my friend. The first martial arts-romantic-comedy-action-adventure-fantasy-musical. One of the completely entertaining movie this summer. The movie is absolutely hilarious. I love this movie

alex30
i don't know about this movie much

rimmy8788
Trailers of the movie are good and the movie is nice too. The movie includes in itself hilarious comedy.

K.Diddy
beer Seen this last night really impressed, One of the best movies of the year,In my opinion. I regret not seeing it at cinemas now. 9/10

HighwayMan
It was pretty original, so it gets decent marks ftom me. It's not really "my type" or my style, but it provided some good entertainment.

General_Iroh
Watched this last night, a lot better than I thought the trailers made it out to be. I'm not sure if I'd say it's one of my favorite films of the year but it's definitely worth watching

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It was alright... Crea's character was definitely the weakest point of the movie. Most of the references (aside from a few Final Fantasy ones) went right over my head, which might be why I didn't enjoy it as much.

Wasn't bad though. I'm just not it's target audience. Man, forget this bipartisan walking on egg shels slow-mo weakstuff. This movie sucked.

General_Iroh
Change of heart?

quanchi112
Very enjoyable flick from someone who grew up in the 80's and who played nintendo.

That ACDC Chick
i read the first two volumes of the comic series and really liked them
i really like the movie as well, i just want too impressed with Cera playing Scott most of the time

RandiDude
4th favorite film of last year.

K.Diddy
erm It's a shame it didn't do well at the box office,although I think this movie will be a massive cult hit.

Zack Fair
I really enjoyed this movie. It was crazy, intense and funny. Loved all the video game references and Ramona and Knives were such hotties. Come to think of it all the girls in the flick looked great. Like someone said in another post this movie is for nerds. And boy my nerd-sense was tingling all the way until the end. The low point of the film was Cera. He didn't really fit the role if you ask me.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I really enjoyed this movie. It was crazy, intense and funny. Loved all the video game references and Ramona and Knives were such hotties. Come to think of it all the girls in the flick looked great. Like someone said in another post this movie is for nerds. And boy my nerd-sense was tingling all the way until the end. The low point of the film was Cera. He didn't really fit the role if you ask me.
I thought Cera was decent, he had his high and low points in the movie, but I never read the comics so I don't know how much he was really like Pilgrim erm

S_D_J
I own the Bluray for like 3 weeks now and I haven't got time to watch the movie yet, besides the first chapter.

Oddly enough I watched many of the extras, and this disc it's loaded with them. love the 8-bit presentation

looking forward to some free time to actually watch it

Esau Cairn
Yeah not a big Cera fan but I did give him alot of credit for all the training he did for the fight & stunts scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.