Sherlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai100
Now that was a brilliant series

T.M
Good first episode, poor second, great third episode to finish of the series.

uniqueweasel
Loved all three episodes, great series!

BruceSkywalker
what channel does this come on?

T.M
Was on BBC here in UK

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by T.M
Was on BBC here in UK

cool, i watch BBC here..

MildPossession
AMAZING series, well 3 episodes. It will no doubt get a new series for next year sometime because it was very very popular and it got positives from nearly everywhere, can not wait. Perfect casting for Holmes and Watson. Great move to modern times too.

All episodes were excellent but the second was indeed the weakest and it didn't have many of Holmes wonderful one liners!!

Dr Mystery
I agree, brilliant show, dull 2nd ep though. Don't believe that was really Moriarty at the end.

MildPossession
I believe it is Moriarty. A lot of people seem to be disappointed that it was him, but I was happy with the casting.

T.M
Same here. Be interesting to see how they get Sherlock and Watson out of that situation if more episodes are greenlit.

steverules_2
I just watched it today and loved it, the ending to the third ep was just....wow, what a cliffhanger, please, please let there's be more episodes

MildPossession
There will be... no need to wish it.

Dr Mystery
There will definitely be a 2nd series, hope it's longer than 3 episodes though, I only said I wasn't sure that it was Moriarty b'cos I heard a rumour that somebody else was getting the part and it does seem like a Moriarty ploy, using a protege of his to taunt Sherlock, also I haven't read all the Sherlock Holmes stories but I was under the impression that Watson never came face to face with Moriarty in them. Of course even if this is true, this version is a re-imagining and the rules can go out of the window. I do agree however, that the guy who played "Moriarty" played it well.

MildPossession
As from today, the creators of Sherlock have said a second series is now official, so there you go. Yay!!!!

Nephthys
thumbup awecreepjam thumbup

steverules_2
Originally posted by MildPossession
There will be... no need to wish it.

Never wished 131

Samurai100
Originally posted by MildPossession
As from today, the creators of Sherlock have said a second series is now official, so there you go. Yay!!!! eek! eek! eek!

jennifermoss
I haven't watch Sherlock tv-show but heard a lot that it is too wonderful.I will watch it in spare time.

Kento
I like how they kept his drug addiction (sorta I guess), and how he didn't know the Earth rotated around the Sun. XD And his whole three nicotine patches to replace his smoking.

Did so love Moriarty...

steverules_2
Whens the 4th episode gonna air?

T.M
There is no 4th episode it was just the 3.

There is going to be a new 3 episode series starting next year.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
Good first episode, poor second, great third episode to finish of the series. Said it all.

steverules_2
OK then...whens season 2 episode 1 gonna air? If there is any information yet

MildPossession
Don't believe there is an official date yet. Shame it's only another three episodes. But at least it's more Sherlock next year. smile

steverules_2
Yeah..they should do more episodes though

The Nuul
Watching this now, so far I see David Tennants Dr Who in Benedict Cumberbatch acting.

MildPossession
Really? he is nothing like him in acting in anyway.

Digi
Just discovered this. I love me some intellectual thrillers, so it was brilliant imo.

Hoping for more, though I heard future episodes were delayed.

Nephthys
Best show on television.

Digi
Damnit Neph, I thought someone was announcing new episodes.

shakefist

Nephthys
Erm...... heads up?

sweatdrop

Nephthys
Not up to par.

T.M
Went the same way as the first series.

Very good first episode, below par (but still good) 2nd, and a truly excellent finale.

Easily the best British drama at the moment and I can't wait for the next series.

Digi
So wait, I just imdb'd this. It IS back on the air?

T.M
Back and gone again sadly.

Bardock42
Originally posted by T.M
Went the same way as the first series.

Very good first episode, below par (but still good) 2nd, and a truly excellent finale.

Easily the best British drama at the moment and I can't wait for the next series.

I agree with this pretty much completely (although Misfits is excellent).

T.M
Misfits is awesome. Though the last series without Nathan was pretty poor, and with Simon and Alisha leaving the show can't see it getting any better sadly.

Digi
Watched the first episode, thought it was excellent. Beyond just another good caper, there was some excellent character development on all fronts.

Thoren
I've seen the first series, the actor who plays Moriarty is great, has a weird accent though, I don't think I've heard an accent like that before from a Brit, Scot, or Irishman.

Digi
Hounds was a bit weak, thought it was kinda of out of character for Sherlock.

The first episode was tight as hell, interesting, and funny. The last episode...what it lacked in technical brilliance, and there was also the presence of a few cliches, it made up for with sheer force of narrative. Loved the dude who played Moriarty.

steverules_2
Watched the final episode of Season 2, kinda expected the ending in a way but I still loved it. I'm gonna love to see how he did it in season but thats not gonna be for a while, filming for it will begin 2013 I heard so I'm guessing a 2014 airing? I have an idea of how he did it but I'll see if I'm right soon enough I'm sure. I prefer the show over the movies to be honest, least an English guy is actually playing the lead role.

Bardock42
Originally posted by steverules_2
Watched the final episode of Season 2, kinda expected the ending in a way but I still loved it. I'm gonna love to see how he did it in season but thats not gonna be for a while, filming for it will begin 2013 I heard so I'm guessing a 2014 airing? I have an idea of how he did it but I'll see if I'm right soon enough I'm sure. I prefer the show over the movies to be honest, least an English guy is actually playing the lead role. What's your theory?

Nephthys
My theory: The way Sherlock survived is obvious. There was a garbage truck right under where he jumped that he could have landed in. They probably pushed the Fake Holmes corpse out after he jumped. This is why Sherlock was so insistent about Watson staying right behind that building which obstructed his view of the switch. Watson was obviously purposefully disorientated by that bike guy who knocked him over, so that he wouldn't be able to correctly identify the corpse Molly pretended was Holmes. How did they make it such a good likeness? The same way Moriarty fooled that little girl into thinking that Sherlock kidnapped her. Maybe he had a dublicate, or maybe its advanced cosmetics or something. Simples.

steverules_2
^ Thats my theory the body they found was fake, they already did it with Irene Adler

Bardock42
That's what I thought, too, the only thing that confuses me is how Sherlock acted surprised before making up his mind and jumping, which seems weird if it's all planned

Nephthys
Looks like we may be getting ANOTHER Sherlock Holmes series.

Looks like trouble imo. You yanks should step off.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nephthys

If it has the similarity of being awesome, I'm all for it.

Digi
I would be too, except for the probably-irrational fear of my favorite things becoming mainstream and stripped down to cater to the masses. Still, good news I suppose.

Inspired by the show, I did some people reading last night in the bar. Figured out our waitress had a child just from her appearance and demeanor. It was crazy fun.

srankmissingnin
I think it's amusing that in attempt to differentiate from the BBC version of Sherlock, a show that the vast majority of tv viewers in North America will never watch, CBS casts Lucy Liu as Watson... leaving them with yet another Bones / Castle / Mentalist / Lie to Me / House dynamic where an eccentric genius with a gift for problem solving teams up with an off sex partner for a will they wont they relationship. Groan.

There are already a dozen shows on network TV in north America that are essentially twists Sherlock Holmes right now with different character names... not sure why we need another.

Bardock42
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think it's amusing that in attempt to differentiate from the BBC version of Sherlock, a show that the vast majority of tv viewers in North America will never watch, CBS casts Lucy Liu as Watson... leaving them with yet another Bones / Castle / Mentalist / Lie to Me / House dynamic where an eccentric genius with a gift for problem solving teams up with an off sex partner for a will they wont they relationship. Groan.

There are already a dozen shows on network TV in north America that are essentially twists Sherlock Holmes right now with different character names... not sure why we need another.

Preach it!

Robtard

America has a habit of taking meh British shows and turning them awesome, so be happy if the US improves on your Sherlock.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
America has a habit of taking meh British shows and turning them awesome, so be happy if the US improves on your Sherlock.

I saw the US version of the IT crowd...it was awful, the UK version is miles better

However I will say I prefer US office over the UK version, mainly cuz of Dwight, Jim and Michael

Nephthys
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto4_r1_400.gif

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto5_250.gif http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto6_250.gif

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto7_250.gif http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto8_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto9_250.gif http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mnsbvVce1qhdexto10_250.gif

Gafargle..... :drool:

annaflax
all the three was amazing

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by Robtard

Like Red Dwarf, Being Human & Shameless? Cos the US versions of those shows are terrible. It works both ways I suppose, I remember there was a Scrubs rip-off in the UK and that was woeful.

Dr Mystery
Anyway, I thought The Mentalist was Sherlock USA?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Like Red Dwarf, Being Human & Shameless? Cos the US versions of those shows are terrible. It works both ways I suppose, I remember there was a Scrubs rip-off in the UK and that was woeful.

confused

So is this you confessing that you haven't watched the US versions of Being Human and Shameless? Because they are both better than the UK versions... Being Human by a vast and immeasurable margin.

Nephthys
Lol @ the fake out.

Digi
Lol @ everything. Back with a vengeance.

Epicurus
I liked how they reduced the "how" behind his escapade from that roof to a parody of insane fans and their equally insane theories.

It'll probably remain the only unexplained mystery on this show imo.

Epicurus
The latest episode felt more like a filler than anything.

Digi
I thought so too at first, but they tied it together nicely. We forget after the Moriarty nonsense and the terror plot in S3E1 that not every episode needs to tie into the larger whole. A few episodes in the first couple seasons had nothing to do with the larger story...or at least so little to do with it that it hardly mattered. This episode, more than any other, solidified John and Sherlock's relationship.

Ushgarak
The episode was great! The only issue with the series thus far is that whilst they have been very entertaining as extensions of some of the greatest successes of the show- i.e. the personalities and relationships of the main characters- we haven't actually had any good crime mysteries yet this series. The whole 'delayed stabbing' bit here was just a bit weird.

My favourite episode is still the first one of the first series- it set all the style, it fantastically introduced all the major players, and it had what I found to be an interesting case to solve (resolved very dramatically).

Digi
All said, this may be the best show on TV. Subjective as that distinction is, I'd at least say it's in the conversation. I suppose they're cheating with the format a bit - other shows have needed to pump out more content over a smaller time period, which adds certain narrative stresses that don't inhibit Sherlock's writers. But still, the quality hasn't dipped at all. There are other shows I enjoy more, but none I'd stack up to this one from a technical standpoint.

Nephthys
Miss me?

Epicurus
Holy. ****ing. Shit.
Miss me?
I did, lol.

Bardock42
The show has gone downhill hard for me. I still enjoyed it some, but it really seems more like fanservice and writers high fiving themselves over how clever they are.

Epicurus
^I heavily disagree. The writers parodying fan-attempts at trying to find an explanation for how Sherlock faked his death is far from fanservice. The writers certainly write in a clever manner, even if they themselves aren't clever.

The various fan complaints regarding how this show is going down the path of a family drama series and the angst at Moriarity's return notwithstanding, this season has been probably the best season so far(yes, the show has only had 3 seasons, but still).

Digi
There's a little fan service. It's hard to deny entirely. But at the same time, how they handled S3E1 with the theories was quite brilliant. Given the time in between seasons, and how big of a fan obsession it had become, there was no better way to do it.

I thought they'd keep Moriarty dead a little longer, maybe bring him back for S5, but it did feel slightly forced at the end of this season.

Ushgarak
There is a sense in which the show has becomke about itself more than its premise now- we just had a whole series go by that didn't actually have any stories about criminal mysteries; they have instead all been character pieces.

But they've all been great! I don't see it as a cause for concern- though I'd still like a decent criminal setup in the next series.

DrDeadpool
I can't wait for season 4 !!!
Charles Augustus was the best villain i'v seen in my life!!! he was great.

dynamix
just got started watching this series....WOOOAAHH!! starting season 2 right now. One of the illest show i've seen on tv lately.

dynamix
ha! i'll be watching this special!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Asbi4APb0

Digi
thumb up

S4 in 2016, though. Meager crumbs for hungry fans, but I'll take it.

Arachnid1
We've got a trailer for the Victorian Christmas special. Looks great!

lAai7yjv6v4

Mindset
I still need to watch S3.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mindset
I still need to watch S3. You should! The last episode had one of my favorite villains in the show. Really well done

Mindset
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You should! The last episode had one of my favorite villains in the show. Really well done Better than Moriarty?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mindset
Better than Moriarty? Not exactly on that level, but I'll give him a comfortable second place

He's the smartest character on the show by far though. Dude could think circles around Sherlock.

MADMAN01
:
I think I figured out the special... Sherlock spent the two years after his "death" taking down Moriarty's empire but what if Sherlock missed a part of it and there is an organisation, just like the suffragettes organisation, that he missed. And that is what he refers to when he says "Did you miss me?", which refers to a part of Moriarty's empire that Sherlock has missed. So the whole case of the abominable bride wasn't to figure out how Moriarty had died but that Sherlock has actually missed a part of his organisation. Also, Moriarty references himself as a virus and appears as a virus on all screens when he "comes back". Hope that post wasn't too long.

BruceSkywalker
will be watching the special in 1 hr and 6 minutes

Nephthys
I thought that episode was kind of like, really, really, really deep up its own ass. I've just read that Mark Gatiss was criticizing Tarantino the other day for being too indulgent. Rarely has such an ironic and hypocritical statement been said.

It'd have been better played as a straight Victorian episode. The present day framing added nothing, and just let there final third fall into total incoherence.

queeq
Yeah I agree. I did enjoy it though.

Digi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.