Superman/shazam! The Return Of Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06/captain-marvel-black-adam-animated-superman-shazam-dc-showcase-collection/

Happy Dance

super pr*xy
ooh.. nice..

roughrider
Why can't they outgrow the perception of Black Adam as a villain? He's an anti hero who once got corrupted.

BruceSkywalker
this looks way cool, i'm buying

ankur29
Originally posted by roughrider
Why can't they outgrow the perception of Black Adam as a villain? He's an anti hero who once got corrupted.

meh black adam as a villain is better than no black adam big grin

imo the marvels are long overdue in the dcau

i wanna see kingdom come SM vs CM animated

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ankur29
meh black adam as a villain is better than no black adam big grin

imo the marvels are long overdue in the dcau

i wanna see kingdom come SM vs CM animated
This fight was heavily influenced by said battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iMVi6FJHY

-Pr-

Bialya for one.

ankur29
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This fight was heavily influenced by said battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iMVi6FJHY

yeah it was a good animated fight

imo CM did quite poorly to be honest ,he was a bit of a chump it seemed as if he wasn't strong/durable enough to stand toe to toe with SM and had to resort to lightning

majid86
I'd prefer this as an animated movie than just 10 to 15 mins long animated episode

CosmicComet
Cover looks awesome:

http://www.supermansupersite.com/supshazam.jpg

Hope CM gets as much respect in this as he got in the Public Enemies movie.

ankur29
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Cover looks awesome:

http://www.supermansupersite.com/supshazam.jpg

Hope CM gets as much respect in this as he got in the Public Enemies movie.

whoa!

thumb up

awesome

ankur29
http://insidepulse.com/2010/09/07/supermanshazam-the-return-of-black-adam-receives-a-pg-13-rating/

CosmicComet
How is this not getting more attention? It's out in November too people.

ares834
This looks... AWESOME!!!

Scythe
How is this not getting more attention? It's out in November too people.

Probably cuz it's so damn short. When I first heard about this, it's freakin' awesome, still is too but the short running time made it an instant buzzkill for me buying it. I still wanna watch it, so I'm hoping one of my relatives gets it, but it doesn't seem likely since most of the people I know aren't getting it cuz it's a short. A movie of this calibur should've been a full length epic-fest.

ankur29
At least CM will be in the new Teen titans series

CosmicComet
Young Justice?

Darth Martin
That cover is really nice.

ankur29
Young Justice?

yup

ankur29
^

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/YoungJustice01.jpg

CosmicComet
^They drew Cap way bulkier than Superman.

Not sure I like it.

Kinasin
Sweet

-Pr-

Not sure I like it.

i actually think that's how it should be, tbh...

CosmicComet
Why?

ankur29

Not sure I like it.

could be how we are seeing it , it's at an angle

but tbh

CM is 6ft3 250lbs whereas SM is 6ft3 225lbs

i think he looks more bulky but fat confused

-Pr-
Why?

Just always seemed to me like Cap was the bulkier of the two. Even when Superman is muscular, Cap is always at the very least his equal or bigger.

Plus, a lot of artists drew Superman to be quite lean... And then there's Chris Reeve...

CosmicComet
could be how we are seeing it , it's at an angle

but tbh

CM is 6ft3 250lbs whereas SM is 6ft3 225lbs

i think he looks more bulky but fat confused

The bios in the DC adventures hero's handbook that I have has Cap at 215 and Clark at 235.

I know your figures are in the DC wiki but its always changing.

And yeah, it might be the angle.

Mr. Rhythmic

But that's how he was. That's his beginning. He evolves from his arrogance. You change that, you change the character.

ankur29
The bios in the DC adventures hero's handbook that I have has Cap at 215 and Clark at 235.

I know your figures are in the DC wiki but its always changing.

And yeah, it might be the angle.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/th_CMbio.jpg

ankur29
http://uk.bluray.ign.com/articles/112/1126523p1.html

-Pr-
loving those voice choices.

i just hope Superman isn't going to be DC's worf yet again.

ankur29
Originally posted by -Pr-
loving those voice choices.

i just hope Superman isn't going to be DC's worf yet again.

what a worf?

CosmicComet
I need to see a clip.

CosmicComet
...It leaked online guys. big grin

-Pr-
what a worf?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

-Pr-
Was ok i guess.

CosmicComet
I'll take almost anything Shazam related these days so I loved it.

Badabing
Was ok i guess. I know what you didn't like about it.Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'll take almost anything Shazam related these days so I loved it. thumb up

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Badabing
I know what you didn't like about it.

Aye. big grin

ankur29
I know what you didn't like about it. thumb up

laughing

I'll take almost anything Shazam related these days so I loved it.

qft thumb up

-Pr-
I know what you didn't like about it.

it was too short imo.

and superman was worf yet again, though not to the extent he was in other movies.

ankur29
it was too short imo.

and superman was worf yet again, though not to the extent he was in other movies.

i thought it went down how it should

besides this adam was shooting magic lightninig left and right eek! smokin'

-Pr-
i thought it went down how it should

besides this adam was shooting magic lightninig left and right eek! smokin'

i get that to make the movie bankable they have to show how threatening adam is by making him beat a well known established character that even a fifteen year old would recognise, but it always seems to be superman which is a problem imo. and he acted like an idiot for part of the fight which irked me.

besides, i think superman would beat adam in a fight, but thats me.

i still enjoyed it for the most part. good voice acting, nice animation, and the fights weren't terrible.

ankur29

besides, i think superman would beat adam in a fight, but thats me.

laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) sure stick out tongue

to be fair ... adam said they were equals physically and i kinda felt he was suprised/impressed at SM's greater verstalities (HV etc)

he was only dominating SM beacause of the bolts

i am happy Adam didn't JOB to DC's poster boy and was potrayed as match for SM in a physical confrontation

CosmicComet
No, the lightning bolts weren't the only thing.

Adam was clearly the more skilled fighter. Mixing in boxing with some nice kicks. Superman dodged nothing that Adam threw his way. Adam's head movement was pretty damn good, made Supes miss a few times.

ankur29
No, the lightning bolts weren't the only thing.

Adam was clearly the more skilled fighter. Mixing in boxing with some nice kicks. Superman dodged nothing that Adam threw his way. Adam's head movement was pretty damn good, made Supes miss a few times.

lol oh yeah ... i missed these points embarrasment

-Pr-
laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) sure stick out tongue

to be fair ... adam said they were equals physically and i kinda felt he was suprised/impressed at SM's greater verstalities (HV etc)

he was only dominating SM beacause of the bolts

i am happy Adam didn't JOB to DC's poster boy and was potrayed as match for SM in a physical confrontation

jobbing isn't the same as losing. i wouldn't have minded that adam could win, but the inability to transfer superman from the comics is becoming a worry to me.

ankur29
jobbing isn't the same as losing. i wouldn't have minded that adam could win, but the inability to transfer superman from the comics is becoming a worry to me.

lets not forget in JL series, DC favourite SM biasly schooled CM...

he was beaten quite badly

SM gets nuff love

-Pr-

SM gets nuff love

he didn't school CM. they had a brutal fight, and it was CM using the lightninig that proved his undoing.

Superman hasn't been treated that well outside of the show. Even in Public Enemies he had some pretty poor moments. I would have no problem with them making Adam and CM look good. it's making Superman look bad in the process that isn't right, imo. it happens in far too many movies for my liking.

random: i loved vosloo as adam.

chomperx9
WTF only 25 minutes ? someone could post that on youtube and you could watch the entire thing if you wanted.

vansonbee
Originally posted by chomperx9
WTF only 25 minutes ? someone could post that on youtube and you could watch the entire thing if you wanted. wink

There are mini trailers to account.

Green Arrow, Spectre and ... I forgot.

chomperx9
Originally posted by vansonbee
wink

There are mini trailers to account.

Green Arrow, Spectre and ... I forgot. stilll not worth it

aztec
I saw a preview of the fight on youtube. I must say, I'm really please with the way everyone looks. However, Superman should have defeated Adam. Other than that, I'll probably buy the dvd in the near future.

Caps Conscience
Sucked

Doctor-Alvis
he didn't school CM. they had a brutal fight, and it was CM using the lightninig that proved his undoing.
If I remember correctly, Captain Marvel was schooled pretty bad in that. Using the lightning was his last and only ace in the hole.

On the bright side, Superman was surprisingly funny in Public Enemies.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie is the standard that all other animated comic book movies need to follow. This movie is definitely in my top 3 of all time best animated comic movies. This is the type of quality product you receive when you adapt a good comic story combined with mature and detailed artwork. I would rather see stories like X-men and Spiderman be made into animated movies with this caliber of artwork rather than live action. This just goes to show how easy it is to adapt a comic story without deviating from the story or characters. I really hope that Marvel takes a page from DC here and leaves behind that youthful blocky look their animated movies have. Hopefully we can get a Hellblazer movie with this type of anime lol.

I'm not the biggest fan of Shazam and even though i love the Superman character i'm not the biggest fan of his comics but i thought this movie was close to being a perfect example of an animated comic flick. I'd give it a 9/10. The only thing lacking is the length. We could have had more fighting with Superman and Black Atom to show us a Vulnerable Superman but that's just a complaint that comes from wanting to see more of the beautiful artwork.

Darth Martin
DC stay winning.

Omega Vision

SM gets nuff love
Will you people please give this untrue "DC is biased against the Marvel family" spiel a rest?

Darth Martin
So was this better than Under the Red Hood?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So was this better than Under the Red Hood? HELL NO

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So was this better than Under the Red Hood?

Well, in many ways it's in a different League than, Under the Red Hood. The animation in this movie makes the animation in Under the Red Hood like juvenile doodles, but Under the Red Hood has more character development and a deeper story. This Superman movie is nothing more than a short origin story of the current Shazam.

I guess the best way i can put it is like this. Superman/Shazam feels like you're reading a comic book where Under the Red Hood feels like you're watching a movie.

darthmaul1
i watched it and i didn't realize it was going to be so short, but i still enjoyed it.

MrMind
the fighting is pretty awesome

Caps Conscience
Cap Marvel should be more popular than he is. Cap Marvel>Supes

starlock
Finally got to see this.... i liked it , but i agree it is too short

BlackZero30x
ok so since all of the Marvel's "lighting" is magic and superman is vulnerable to magic so why does it not affect him like regular lighting would affect me?

im not a huge superman fan...in fact he's my very least favorite character....i still will read his books and tie ins with him....so i do have pretty general knowledge of him but the magic lighting thing has always baffled me.....

Doctor-Alvis
I think he's just less insanely resistant to it than he is everything else.

starlock
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
ok so since all of the Marvel's "lighting" is magic and superman is vulnerable to magic so why does it not affect him like regular lighting would affect me?

im not a huge superman fan...in fact he's my very least favorite character....i still will read his books and tie ins with him....so i do have pretty general knowledge of him but the magic lighting thing has always baffled me.....

Imagine if you could lift over a hundred tons and were bullet proof, and lets not forget his body is different, like another poster said, he is just less resistant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.