thanos runs a punching gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snazy
now i saw that there are couple of gauntlet matches here so i will try to fit in and create one of my own stick out tongue

now my gauntlet is thanos taking a full power punch from the next people and i just want to know what do you think will happen to him after each punch

spider-man
namor
hercules
black adam
thor
superman
king thor
superboy prime
superman 1 million (kal kent)

amnesia
he survives all of them except Kal Kent

Black bolt z
You mean they all punch thanos full power?

Is he allowed to brace?

r0nm0n88
spider-man- laughs

namor- slight pain,

hercules- hurts, but nothing substantial

black adam- black eye

thor- Hurts

superman- black eye

king thor- slight fractured cheek bone

superboy prime- KO

superman 1 million (kal kent)- DEAD

now before what i said gets shited on by all thanos lovers, remember even if tyson was to stand there and let a 120 lb puny guy punch him in the face full strength, he prob still get a black eye.

Gecko4lif
I think sbp could kill him

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I think sbp could kill him With one punch?I don't think so.

Nihilist
I dont see Prime koing Thanos when Thor w/power gem didnt with 3 consecutive hits or Magus w/Infinty gems didnt either with a punch.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Black bolt z
With one punch?I don't think so.
It was never specified where they had to hit him.

Sbp would rabbit punch the shit out of thanos

psycho gundam
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5456/bbt43el.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3246/bbt56ro.jpg

Black bolt z
I'll just assume bracing is allowed

spider-man: Nothing
namor: Next to nothing
hercules: See above
black adam: Gets a bruise
thor: With hammer a big bruise.Without a small bruise
superman: Gets a small bruise
king thor: Breaks a couple rips but not KO
superboy prime: Probably KO
superman 1 million (kal kent): 98% chance of killing him.

Gecko4lif
I wouldnt say nothing

Im sure if spidey hit thanos with 100% of this awesome might he could successfully break his own arm into peices

amnesia
I wouldnt say nothing

Im sure if spidey hit thanos with 100% of this awesome might he could successfully break his own arm into peices

What if Stan Lee wrote it?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by amnesia
What if Stan Lee wrote it? Thanos gets knocked unconscious spidey then webs him up and enjoys a nice glass a lemonade

when asked how he managed to do it he would take off his glove and reveal the infinity gauntlet.

all the heroes laugh.

The end.

Galan007
Not trying to sound like a fanboy here, but Thanos has tanked planet-busting detonations at ground zero. So if that type of force didn't have an effect, it's hard to imagine anyone on the list being able to significantly harm him with a single punch. Imo.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
Not trying to sound like a fanboy here, but Thanos has tanked planet-busting detonations at ground zero. So if that type of force didn't have an effect, it's hard to imagine anyone on the list being able to significantly harm him with a single punch. Imo.

love

carver9

I agree with this.

Gecko4lif
The thing about tanking planetary destruction is that unless it is inside of you or contained in an enclosed space ou are only tanking the amount of energy that his thr volume of space you occupy

It is much different when 100% of the force is directed at you

Colossus-Big C
thor has tanked galaxy busting attacks

raw power=/=punch

Galan007
The thing about tanking planetary destruction is that unless it is inside of you or contained in an enclosed space ou are only tanking the amount of energy that his thr volume of space you occupy

It is much different when 100% of the force is directed at you If this were true then tanking even universe-busting explosions wouldn't be that great of a feat. srsly

Regardless of that, Thanos has still shrugged off numerous physical blows from a berserk, power gem-wielding Thor (see PG's post.) none
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thor has tanked galaxy busting attacks

raw power=/=punch Scans plz.

Gecko4lif
If this were true then tanking even universe-busting explosions wouldn't be that
It is still a higher concentration of energy than planetary or galaxial

Colossus-Big C
If this were true then tanking even universe-busting explosions wouldn't be that great of a feat. srsly

Regardless of that, Thanos has still shrugged off numerous physical blows from a berserk, power gem-wielding Thor (see PG's post.) none
Scans plz. rage of olympus may have them.
he tanked it from odin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scans plz.

His probably referring to the time Thor tanked attacks from Odin repeatedly. In that arc Odin was busting Galaxies and shit.

The only other time I can think of anything near that scale is when Thor was blasted by the Celestials. In that story they punched through the Destroyer and then melted him to slag. The narration stated the Destroyer could withstand a Super Nova placidly.

I also don't think Thanos withstanding planetary level destruction unharmed means that much. Bill's done it. Surfer's done it. I think even Superman's done it.

Drax flew into the core of a Star, and ripped a star in half, destroying it.

I'd be much more impressed if a being withstood a punch that had all the force of Thor or Superman behind it instead of a being withstanding the destruction of a planet.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I also don't think Thanos withstanding planetary level destruction unharmed means that much.

I'd be much more impressed if a being withstood a punch that had all the force of Thor or Superman behind it instead of a being withstanding the destruction of a planet. When coupled with some of Thanos' other durability feats, I think surviving planetary destruction means quite a bit. /shrug

Anywho, I'm sure you saw the scans PG posted on the first page. I'm also sure you recall that in the B&T arc, berserk Thor literally three-shotted the likes of Surfer, and handled Bill just as easily. But even when berserk Thor obtained the power gem in that very same arc, his blows were still relatively ineffectual against Thanos. Just throwing that out there.

Colossus-Big C
When coupled with some of Thanos' other durability feats, I think surviving planetary destruction means quite a bit. /shrug

Anywho, I'm sure you saw the scans PG posted on the first page. I'm also sure you recall that in the B&T arc, berserk Thor literally three-shotted the likes of Surfer, and handled Bill just as easily. But even when berserk Thor obtained the power gem in that very same arc, his blows were still relatively ineffectual against Thanos. Just throwing that out there. whos the boy in your avatar?

Naija boy
Thanos clears it.

Galan007
whos the boy in your avatar? That'd be Vril Dox.

...And he's a MAN. uhuh

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galan as usual points out the needed facts to come to a logical conclusion that Thanos clears it. The only two that have a chance are the last two, besides that, no chance.

iceman24567
whos the boy in your avatar? It's obviously a Brainiac no expression

Colossus-Big C
he doesnt look like braniac

Rage.Of.Olympus
When coupled with some of Thanos' other durability feats, I think surviving planetary destruction means quite a bit. /shrug

Anywho, I'm sure you saw the scans PG posted on the first page. I'm also sure you recall that in the B&T arc, berserk Thor literally three-shotted the likes of Surfer, and handled Bill just as easily. But even when berserk Thor obtained the power gem in that very same arc, his blows were still relatively ineffectual against Thanos. Just throwing that out there.

I don't see why Thanos surviving planetary destruction is anymore impressive than Bill or Surfer doing it.

Actually, Bill withstood nearly as many attacks as Thanos did. Three blows from Thor were able to down Bill momentarily -similar to Thanos actually- and it took one or two more hits followed with a lightning bolt to finally put Bill down. Thanos took about 5 hits from Thor. Three which downed him and were posted by PG.

What Thanos did was more impressive as Thor was amped to an unknown extent, but he didn't outperform Bill by that much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Question to the TS. When you say a full power punch, does that mean the contestants are limited to their fists alone, or can someone like say Thor amp his strikes with energy?

Omega Vision
Question to the TS. When you say a full power punch, does that mean the contestants are limited to their fists alone, or can someone like say Thor amp his strikes with energy?
Or can Prime amp by having someone call him a "stupid kid"?

Galan007
What Thanos did was more impressive as Thor was amped to an unknown extent, but he didn't outperform Bill by that much. Thor didn't have the PG when he downed Bill. He had it when he battled Thanos. Huge difference.

iceman24567
he doesnt look like braniac Yes he does

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor didn't have the PG when he downed Bill. He had it when he battled Thanos. Huge difference.

Did I not make the distinction by pointing out that Thor was amped to some unknown extent?

I don't know about huge. The difference would have been quite large if he had actually harnessed it's power as pointed out by Norrin or maybe it was Strange.

Galan007
Did I not make the distinction by pointing out that Thor was amped to some unknown extent?

I don't know about huge. The difference would have been quite large if he had actually harnessed it's power as pointed out by Norrin or maybe it was Strange. Yet we know that even those who subconsciously tap the PG can unmask great power. Drax and Champion are prime examples.

And I do believe there were several claims made pertaining to Thor's gem-enhanced power, after he obtained it.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I don't know about huge. The difference would have been quite large if he had actually harnessed it's power as pointed out by Norrin or maybe it was Strange.

Why do you continue to try and compare Thor's, Bill's, Surfer's durbaility with that of Thanos. Each of them have a couple high end durability feats that can compete with Thanos. That is a given as they are heroes. However, we look at the big picture here not just high end feats. Thanos doesn't have the low end durability feats these guys do, along with the fact that in general Thanos always has high durability feats. This makes it a clear and decisive victory in the durability department for Thanos. Thanos was harmed in the least by anything Thor threw at him. He got knocked against a wall and got up immediatly with only a trickle of blood to show for it.. along with a smile.

snazy

amp is allowed since its part of there punching abilities ... basically they can do what ever they want as long as the punch is with there fist eventually

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yet we know that even those who subconsciously tap the PG can unmask great power. Drax and Champion are prime examples.

And I do believe there were several claims made pertaining to Thor's gem-enhanced power, after he obtained it.

I honestly don't remember how the Champion relationship worked. From what I do remember of Drax, the more worked up Drax became, the more power he accessed. He just continuously became stronger and stronger depending on how big the threat he faced was. It never became clear how much power Thor was actually tapping into.

I personally don't think the difference would be anything significant. Even in that story that Thor would give Thanos a good fight -or a run for his money- any normal day. Starlin has had Thor briefly match Thanos in the past as well. I don't think the difference would have to be extremely large based on that.

Surfer stated that if Thor harnessed the Gem's power, he'd destroy even Asgard. In the next issue, Warlock said that Thor was now nearly unstoppable or something similar. This in particular didn't impress me. He made claims about Thor being one of the most powerful beings in the Universe before that. What really stood out to me however was Norrin saying Thor had grown so powerful, that even their combined might was nothing compared to him. I don't know how much stock I'd put into that as Thor didn't seem any different than he was previously, and Norrin hadn't even run into Thor (This was right after they teleported out of the mansion and found out Thor had gained the Power Gem)

It wasn't until after Strange/Warlck attacked him that we saw Thor actually tap into the Power Gem however to reverse their attack.

I just didn't see any significant leap between his previous performances and when he had the Gem. At least not anything noticeable.

Galan007
^ You are entitled to your own opinion. However, I believe that the power gem did more for Thor then just spice up his looks.

Colossus-Big C
the power gem doesnt work unless you know how use it

Galan007
^ You couldn't be more wrong. Every one of the infinity gems can be used on a subconscious level.

Harbinger
the power gem doesnt work unless you know how use it Champion laughs at this statement.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^ You are entitled to your own opinion. However, I believe that the power gem did more for Thor then just spice up his looks.

I think it amped him but he simply didn't seem significantly stronger as some like to pretend he was. When he engaged the Infinity Watch again, he didn't do anything I would have put past him before. The only thing that stands out was when it was pointed out he was tapping into the Gem to counter Warlock and Strange's attacks. We actually saw him start growing stronger in that scene.

If it was acknowledge that Thor could hang with Thanos regularly to at least some extent -as he briefly showed in the past- I don't see why Thor would have to be amped significantly to...hang with Thanos. I do think he was amped, that's just common sense.

But yea, to each his own.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why do you continue to try and compare Thor's, Bill's, Surfer's durbaility with that of Thanos. Each of them have a couple high end durability feats that can compete with Thanos. That is a given as they are heroes. However, we look at the big picture here not just high end feats. Thanos doesn't have the low end durability feats these guys do, along with the fact that in general Thanos always has high durability feats. This makes it a clear and decisive victory in the durability department for Thanos. Thanos was harmed in the least by anything Thor threw at him. He got knocked against a wall and got up immediatly with only a trickle of blood to show for it.. along with a smile.

It's a skill to be able to type that much without actually saying anything of value.

Begone. I don't have the patience for you today. I might play with you tomorrow.

Naija boy
From all the statements in that comic from different characters made in reference to how powerful Thor had become with the power Gem it is completely clear that it was meant to be a significant amp. The writers didnt include all those proclamations about how powerful he had just become with it just for kicks, Seriously..........

Starscream M
^ You couldn't be more wrong. I think you meant he 'could' be more wrong

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
From all the statements in that comic from different characters made in reference to how powerful Thor had become with the power Gem it is completely clear that it was meant to be a significant amp. The writers didnt include all those proclamations about how powerful he had just become with it just for kicks, Seriously..........

All the statements? The only thing that stood out to me was Norrin's comment. That Thor was more powerful than them combined at this point. Norrin previously said that Asgard wouldn't stand a chance if Thor harnessed the Power Gem. Which I agree with.

Other than that, Warlock stated that Thor was now nearly unstoppable as he possessed the Gem and a threat to the Universe in his current mental state. That doesn't impress me personally. Not if we look back at his comments on Thor previously. Unstoppable fighting machine, one of the most physically powerful beings in the Universe etc. It also a bit too vague for also to determine at what level Thor is operating at. It does indicate that Thor is more powerful or at least would be. Which is common sense. At least by the way he phrased it.

I simply don't understand why Thor would have to be significantly amped to accomplish what he'd nearly be able to do any normal day as stated in that story. I simply don't the logic in it.

Could he become significantly more powerful? Sure. I however didn't see the obvious boost in strength/performance that you all apparently have.

Knocking around Maxam, Surfer, and Drax or taking on Thanos isn't beyond an unamped Thor.

But like Galan said, to each his own. Different intrepetations and all. I'll think I'll stop here unless you have something else to debate.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Harbinger
Champion laughs at this statement.
And Drax. Also he wants his candy back.

psycho gundam
thor had the power gem and was acting all ornery n' shit, thanos got bored with him physically (no homo) and soon went off to fight odin

the end

snazy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor had the power gem and was acting all ornery n' shit, thanos got bored with him physically (no homo) and soon went off to fight odin

the end

its not the end because then thanos gets his ass handed to him by odin... now its the end smile

Naija boy
All the statements? The only thing that stood out to me was Norrin's comment. That Thor was more powerful than them combined at this point. Norrin previously said that Asgard wouldn't stand a chance if Thor harnessed the Power Gem. Which I agree with.

Other than that, Warlock stated that Thor was now nearly unstoppable as he possessed the Gem and a threat to the Universe in his current mental state. That doesn't impress me personally. Not if we look back at his comments on Thor previously. Unstoppable fighting machine, one of the most physically powerful beings in the Universe etc. It also a bit too vague for also to determine at what level Thor is operating at. It does indicate that Thor is more powerful or at least would be. Which is common sense. At least by the way he phrased it.

I simply don't understand why Thor would have to be significantly amped to accomplish what he'd nearly be able to do any normal day as stated in that story. I simply don't the logic in it.

Could he become significantly more powerful? Sure. I however didn't see the obvious boost in strength/performance that you all apparently have.

Knocking around Maxam, Surfer, and Drax or taking on Thanos isn't beyond an unamped Thor.

But like Galan said, to each his own. Different intrepetations and all. I'll think I'll stop here unless you have something else to debate.

............There were numerous statements that indicated the impact of the power gem amp. There was Surfers statement as u mentioned which talked about the power gem making the power of all of them combined, like nothing to Thor. Then there was Thors own statement in which he mentioned how he immediately felt the power of the gem as soon as he picked it up and then as he put it on he commented on how he had then gained the power to destroy Asgard.This statement was then re-enforced by the statement from warlock talking about him now being a threat to the universe with the gem and then a later statement from warlock when they were just about to engage thor, referring to how the power gem greatly reduced their chances in a fight against thor. Heck as soon as Thor obtained the power Gem, it caused Pip and the infinity watch to actually have to run away because they were suddenly way outta their league

The continued emphasis the writers place on the power the gem through the statements of multiple characters including Thor himself is FAR to clear to simply be discounted. If the power gem was a slight and insignificant amp, then the large gap in power between them that it caused and the huge threat it made Thor would not have been continuously re-emphasized multiple times across the entire story arc.

Pips statement that Thor could give Thanos a good old scrap normally, isnt a basis for the gem being only a slight amp either considering how he then said that the Gem made Thor into a "real monster" and he then had cause to worry about Thanos well being. Its equivalent to saying that "before he was good, but now he is amazing" which itself indicaes a significant bump in power. Hence the statement is still in line the tone and mood of the other statements describing Thors new powerlevel within the arc

Within the story prior to obtaining the gem, Thor was shown to beat Surfer and Warlock, and then he and valkyrie were getting the better of Drax,Maxam,Gamora,Pip, and Moondragon. Extremely impressive no doubt. But to jump from that power level to one in which the combined might of Surfer, Dr Strange, Adam Warlock, Moon Dragon, Drax, Maxam, Gamora and Pip was nothing to him alone indicates a very significant boost indeed.
A boost to a powerlevel that neither a regular Thor portrayed outside of Blood and Thunder, nor the mad Thor portrayed in Blood and thunder prior to obtaining the Power Gem showed or were indicated to operate at.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Pretty much spot on Naija. You must remember Rage wishes Thor could do what he did with the PG on each and everyday of the week. Thus, when discussions like this happen.. he brings to the table what he wishes not what the reality is.

ankur29
spider-man nothing
namor knocks him back but nothing
hercules if immortal draws some blood
black adam draws some blood
thor draws some blood
superman draws some blood
king thor knocks a teeth out
superboy prime knocks a teeth out
superman 1 million (kal kent) knocks a/some teeth out

Harbinger
Naija brought the pain, methinks.

Uriel005
I must say Prime has better durability feats than Thanos. Entire Green Lantern Core and an exploding Guardian of the Universe with the power of Oa? Thats reality tearing my friend not just galaxy rending. Besides I posted elsewhere if Prime was able to go to the Source Wall and 5th dimension, is immune to reality warping due to technically being outside the multiverse, is in the future Time Trapper an uber mystic, tanked two galaxies of heroes and villains between on panel and off (not all at once of course) he could probably wack Thanos pretty good. I mean he did take on the entire green lantern corps 2 supermen, a living planet, was driven through a red sun and still beat all of them except for 1 superman due to the fact they both lost their powers and he was just physically younger and not in his prime. Also if Prime could smack Thanos DC 1,000,000 laughs too hard in his direction and kills him.

h1a8
Not trying to sound like a fanboy here, but Thanos has tanked planet-busting detonations at ground zero. So if that type of force didn't have an effect, it's hard to imagine anyone on the list being able to significantly harm him with a single punch. Imo. Some will disagree with you here as this is REAL science logic and many like to use comic logic. Top tiers and herald characters have tanked mega shit like planet explosions yet it is understood that top tiers can always hurt them with their blows.

Now arguing real science. The planet explosion wasn't concentrated on Thanos. Thanos was receiving less than 1 billionth of the total force of the exploding planet since Thanos has less than a billionth of the total surface area of the planet. Someone capable of destroying a planet in 1 blow would do astronomically more damage to Thanos since the blow is ALL concentrated on him and not spread omnidirectional. The feat is still impressive nonetheless but not nearly as much as you think. Plus that is 1 feat. Surviving a black hole is astronomically greater than that planet feat.

IMO. Thanos would survive all except Superman 1 million and SBP (if he hits with dimension destroying power). King Thor could kill him or seriously put him near death if he hit Thanos with a hammer slam though (not his fist). Namor would sting him. Hercules, Superman, Thor, and BA would rock him and stun him momentarily but Thanos would be okay (maybe has a bruise or blood drawn). Spider-man wouldn't do anything.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
............There were numerous statements that indicated the impact of the power gem amp. There was Surfers statement as u mentioned which talked about the power gem making the power of all of them combined, like nothing to Thor. Then there was Thors own statement in which he mentioned how he immediately felt the power of the gem as soon as he picked it up and then as he put it on he commented on how he had then gained the power to destroy Asgard.This statement was then re-enforced by the statement from warlock talking about him now being a threat to the universe with the gem and then a later statement from warlock when they were just about to engage thor, referring to how the power gem greatly reduced their chances in a fight against thor. Heck as soon as Thor obtained the power Gem, it caused Pip and the infinity watch to actually have to run away because they were suddenly way outta their league

The continued emphasis the writers place on the power the gem through the statements of multiple characters including Thor himself is FAR to clear to simply be discounted. If the power gem was a slight and insignificant amp, then the large gap in power between them that it caused and the huge threat it made Thor would not have been continuously re-emphasized multiple times across the entire story arc.

Pips statement that Thor could give Thanos a good old scrap normally, isnt a basis for the gem being only a slight amp either considering how he then said that the Gem made Thor into a "real monster" and he then had cause to worry about Thanos well being. Its equivalent to saying that "before he was good, but now he is amazing" which itself indicaes a significant bump in power. Hence the statement is still in line the tone and mood of the other statements describing Thors new powerlevel within the arc

Within the story prior to obtaining the gem, Thor was shown to beat Surfer and Warlock, and then he and valkyrie were getting the better of Drax,Maxam,Gamora,Pip, and Moondragon. Extremely impressive no doubt. But to jump from that power level to one in which the combined might of Surfer, Dr Strange, Adam Warlock, Moon Dragon, Drax, Maxam, Gamora and Pip was nothing to him alone indicates a very significant boost indeed.
A boost to a powerlevel that neither a regular Thor portrayed outside of Blood and Thunder, nor the mad Thor portrayed in Blood and thunder prior to obtaining the Power Gem showed or were indicated to operate at. The power gem wasn't emphasized really anywhere. I read the story several times and don't recall the power gem being emphasized anywhere near the degree you making it out to be. Some parts you named are ambiguous or hypebole. It is clear that Thor was amped. But it wasn't clear to how much he was amped. Thor had no strength feats that showed he was above his normal self. The only feat that comes to mind (not a strength feat though) is when Thor used the gem to turn Warlock's and Strange power back at them.

IMO Thor without the power gem could have done the same things (except the Strange and Warlock feat). What made Thor more dangerous was not him having the power gem but the fact that he wasn't holding back anymore and was blood lusted.

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
The power gem wasn't emphasized really anywhere. I read the story several times and don't recall the power gem being emphasized anywhere near the degree you making it out to be. Some parts you named are ambiguous or hypebole. It is clear that Thor was amped. But it wasn't clear to how much he was amped. Thor had no strength feats that showed he was above his normal self. The only feat that comes to mind (not a strength feat though) is when Thor used the gem to turn Warlock's and Strange power back at them.

IMO Thor without the power gem could have done the same things (except the Strange and Warlock feat). What made Thor more dangerous was not him having the power gem but the fact that he wasn't holding back anymore and was blood lusted. Horseshit, Thor took a full two handed blast from Thanos with no effect, yet a weaker Thanos rocked Thor with a single eye beam, do you think Thor could beat down Surfer,Strange, and the Infinity watch without the power gem.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Horseshit, Thor took a full two handed blast from Thanos with no effect, yet a weaker Thanos rocked Thor with a single eye beam, do you think Thor could beat down Surfer,Strange, and the Infinity watch without the power gem.

lol, ive had that h1 clown on ignore for sometime now, replying to such a person is a waste of energy. All he does is make a fool of himself.

rotiart
Hia8 makes me laugh... He reads comics and when it comes
To vs battles tries to apply things that shouldn't.... Real science says superman can't fly or shoot lasers from his eyes
Or have a breath he can breath less than absolute zero...

In any forum match applying real science superman is defeated by science which says superman doesn't exist.

I poop on you....

And as for rage... Najia is leaning towards the victor with his comments... Although Thor does have good feats outside that arc... I remember reading along the same thibgs that implied thors increase in power...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by h1a8
The power gem wasn't emphasized really anywhere. I read the story several times and don't recall the power gem being emphasized anywhere near the degree you making it out to be. Some parts you named are ambiguous or hypebole. It is clear that Thor was amped. But it wasn't clear to how much he was amped. Thor had no strength feats that showed he was above his normal self. The only feat that comes to mind (not a strength feat though) is when Thor used the gem to turn Warlock's and Strange power back at them.

IMO Thor without the power gem could have done the same things (except the Strange and Warlock feat). What made Thor more dangerous was not him having the power gem but the fact that he wasn't holding back anymore and was blood lusted.

Are you kidding me.. .THE CLEAR PRESENTATION of the comic makes it CLEAR what the writer was trying to convey. He was conveying that the PG significantly amped Thor. PERIOD. All the lines used to emphasize this point weren't mistakes, they were intentinoally and correctly put in there to make it clear he was amped a lot. He has fought SS on even ground before.. yet now he was able to take down Surfer AND company with ease... yet wasn't that amped.. Give me a break. H1a8, you opinion doesn't come close to comparing to the writer of the comic right? Thus you dismissing LINE AFTER LINE, as in your opinion being all hyperbole is amusing.

The other point that is crystal clear is his other durability feats that make the planet one all the more valid. The black hole feat you mention. Surviving blasts from pissed off Abstract level power beings in Galactus and Omega. Taking on Tyrant who is beyond Skyfather. Absorbing the energy from the ROT which made the universe scream with no ill effect. Being at ground zero for multiple planet exploding. Being at the nexus of reality which was pulling him in all directions. It was made clear because it was Thanos he was able to survive. These are just some examples that happen on the regular for Thanos.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Horseshit, Thor took a full two handed blast from Thanos with no effect, yet a weaker Thanos rocked Thor with a single eye beam, do you think Thor could beat down Surfer,Strange, and the Infinity watch without the power gem. It is how Thor beat them that determines how much of a power up he had. As far as I'm concerned they fought like idiots and Thor didn't do anything special except turn Strange's and Warlock's blast back on them.

In comics you have low showings and high ones. Your logic about Thor taking Thanos blasts could be a high showing or the one where Thor is rocked could be a low showing. Thor has taken beams from Celestials, Destroyer, etc. It's not far fetched that he could take one from Thanos. It's all about writer's intentions anyway. No where did the writer mention Thor was taken Thanos blasts because of his power gem. I'm not sure if the power gem adds durability either.

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you kidding me.. .THE CLEAR PRESENTATION of the comic makes it CLEAR what the writer was trying to convey. He was conveying that the PG significantly amped Thor. PERIOD. All the lines used to emphasize this point weren't mistakes, they were intentinoally and correctly put in there to make it clear he was amped a lot. He has fought SS on even ground before.. yet now he was able to take down Surfer AND company with ease... yet wasn't that amped.. Give me a break. H1a8, you opinion doesn't come close to comparing to the writer of the comic right? Thus you dismissing LINE AFTER LINE, as in your opinion being all hyperbole is amusing.

The other point that is crystal clear is his other durability feats that make the planet one all the more valid. The black hole feat you mention. Surviving blasts from pissed off Abstract level power beings in Galactus and Omega. Taking on Tyrant who is beyond Skyfather. Absorbing the energy from the ROT which made the universe scream with no ill effect. Being at ground zero for multiple planet exploding. Being at the nexus of reality which was pulling him in all directions. It was made clear because it was Thanos he was able to survive. These are just some examples that happen on the regular for Thanos. Thor wasn't holding back and was bloodlusted. That is why he was far more dangerous than ever before.

Galactus and Omega are not Abstract level beings. Only Galactus at full power is arguably at Abstract level. But Galactus is never at full power.

I didn't claim the planet feat is PIS. I was saying the feat is nothing compared to many others. Thanos received less than a billionth of the total force of the exploding planet. If a planet destroying punch (by SBP etc.) was to hit Thanos concentrated in one spot then Thanos would be in some serious trouble.

Energy projection durability is not the same as physical blunt force durability. So that ABC logic fails as well as other ABC logic.

There was no LINE after LINE. There is hardly ANYTHING. I got the balls to say this because I read and have the freaking comic (the real paper comic, not any torrents).

No the comic doesn't convey that Thor was significantly amped. This is because significantly to ME is at least 5x. Significantly to another could be 200% more (or 2x). I'm not claiming that Thor didn't receive an amp. I'm just saying it wasn't clear to how much of an amp he had. For the sake of argument I give Thor 2x more power with the amp. You or no one else can't prove to me it was more than that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.