Storm Vs Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here

Prep-Man
Storm.

Lord_Talron
but you think ares can take on cheetah creepsmile

Prep-Man
Storm draws powers from stars, amigo.

Lord_Talron
being better is still being better, sir.

Colossus-Big C
storm really Should be skyfather level and above thor
she once drew upon the energy of an entire galaxy before

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
she once drew upon the energy of an entire galaxy before http://i46.tinypic.com/2zznax0.jpg

Lord_Talron
she once drew upon the energy of an entire galaxy before do a storm vs odin thread, i dare you.

EDIT: nevermind, you probably will

Colossus-Big C
she actually did though

Ares.

RLAAMJR.
Storm is untouchable here. Please make a big consideration on Storm's ability to fly because Ares cannot fly. How can he simply hurt Storm whose just flying around , out of his reach?

Storm wins!

mykke
how can she hurt him, durability is to high, AND WHAT is with all these storm threads?

Harbinger
Ares rips her in half.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by mykke
how can she hurt him, durability is to high, AND WHAT is with all these storm threads?

For me, the question should be how can Ares hurt Storm?

Storm can hurt Ares whose strength class is around 70 tons only. Storm has flashfrozen Colossus before and blown away Hulk many times.

So definitely Storm's winds are stronger than Ares

You might say Ares doesn't need to breathe but Storm can control the air inside ones body, especially the air inside one's lungs.

Ares eyes might be one of the weakest part of Ares body.

Creshosk
she once drew upon the energy of an entire galaxy before eek!

How serious are you?

Lord_Talron
lmfao at the idea of storm using lightning better than thor

iceman24567
she once drew upon the energy of an entire galaxy before laughing

Prep-Man
Storm has created force fields with her lighting. Don't hate.

Lord_Talron
EDIT: stupid image shit

EDIT2: hahaha I WIN, INTERNET.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/Lord_Talron/LargeThumbnail.jpg

Warlord
STORM...Ares sucks

Q99
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Storm is untouchable here. Please make a big consideration on Storm's ability to fly because Ares cannot fly. How can he simply hurt Storm whose just flying around , out of his reach?

Storm wins!

He has guns as standard equipment.

Warlord
i think he has just the axe

ExodusCloak
Seriously is it about that time of year again? Someone should do a study on seasonal fanboyism.

amnesia

What the f**k?

Continue.

Lord Feron
Ares will last a few minutes in a cluster **** of lighting and freezing tempts he will throw his one weapon at Storm in futility and then just die.

This is not even fair...

Colossus-Big C
she did actually drain a galaxy of power before you people just ignore feats
im not even a storm fan im just saying she did it in comics
weather pis or not she harnessd all the energy of all the stars in an entire galaxy into herself although she died in the process
how much stars are in a galaxy , billions?
i think maybe a full potential storm can do it without dying

by the way ares wins

Silent Master
When did Storm drain a galaxy?

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
i think he has just the axe

Ares uses guns a lot, I think standard equipment should take that into account.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
Ares uses guns a lot, I think standard equipment should take that into account.

i don't think guns are standard equipment man.

amnesia
STORM...Ares sucks

Ares is awesome.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
i don't think guns are standard equipment man.

Ares with guns

Ares with guns and beer

Guns and axe

More guns

Axe, gun on back

Using guns

He doesn't always have them, but he uses them a heck of a lot.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/798582-2003665936342855527_rs.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Q99
Ares with guns

Ares with guns and beer

Guns and axe

More guns

Axe, gun on back

Using guns

He doesn't always have them, but he uses them a heck of a lot. yea and he rode the atomic bomb in that image to its detonation an jumped up and started fighting

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
Ares with guns

Ares with guns and beer

Guns and axe

More guns

Axe, gun on back

Using guns

He doesn't always have them, but he uses them a heck of a lot.

yeah true, but i don't think it's standard

RLAAMJR.
Ares wouldn't win here because he can't even reach her

Warlord
Originally posted by amnesia
Ares is awesome.

meh...

jalek moye
weather pis or not she harnessd all the energy of all the stars in an entire galaxy into herself although she died in the process

by the way ares wins

Sounds non canon. if it even happened, knowing you its one of of those two options.

shiv
What defense does MarvelAres have against being picked up by a Tornado and spun around like an orange in a blender?

Originally posted by jalek moye
Sounds non canon. if it even happened, knowing you its one of of those two options.

Galactic core feat. Canon to the 616 as far as a I know.

http://img212.imageshack.us/i/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg/

http://img212.imageshack.us/i/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.jpg/

-Pr-
it's canon, but it falls under the Spidey Vs Firelord ruling, in that it's far outside of her current abilities AND was written during Claremont's infamous "i'll make them do stuff that has no basis in science but sounds cool" phase.

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-
"i'll make them do stuff that has no basis in science but sounds cool"

you jsut described comics smile

-Pr-
you jsut described comics smile

not all the time. though yes, when it is like that, claremont took it to a whole new level. he's the king of not knowing how powers work.

The Nuul

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/jack_nicholson_joker.jpg

Warlord
true... actually we have seen the worst aplication of physics in some origin stories but there are times that writers do know what they are writing.

as far as powers go I really don't like to account ridicoulus high end (or low end) feats as a medium for a character (Kyle holding a big bang, Thor beating the infinity watch by himself, this one with storm, etc)

on topic now, storm doesn't need to have galactic powers to beat ares

The Nuul
Storm stomps and yes, Ares sucks.

-Pr-
true... actually we have seen the worst aplication of physics in some origin stories but there are times that writers do know what they are writing.

as far as powers go I really don't like to account ridicoulus high end (or low end) feats as a medium for a character (Kyle holding a big bang, Thor beating the infinity watch by himself, this one with storm, etc)

on topic now, storm doesn't need to have galactic powers to beat ares

the storm one isn't the same thing, though. kyle's big bang was a natural extension of his powers. storm's wasn't. claremont didn't even know how to write his own characters' powers accurately. it wasn't just storm either; it was most of the x-men.

it depends on whether he has guns imo.

Mshinu
Pff, we all know that written correctly Storm has thousands of galaxies of power.
Just like superman. smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mshinu
Pff, we all know that written correctly Storm has thousands of galaxies of power.
Just like superman. smile

messed

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753

It says she summoned power from the entire core(not the entire galaxy), and that for a moment a new star shines.

Last I checked, a galaxy had more than one stars worth of power.

Originally posted by Silent Master
It says she summoned power from the entire core(not the entire galaxy), and that for a moment a new star shines.

Last I checked, a galaxy had more than one stars worth of power. It is what people were refering to and the galatic core has a lot more than one star and I believe more mass and energy than the rest of the galaxy. Regardless, harnessing te whole galaxy would only make for a a better reach fat, we dont know how much energy she drained.

the storm one isn't the same thing, though. kyle's big bang was a natural extension of his powers. storm's wasn't. claremont didn't even know how to write his own characters' powers accurately. it wasn't just storm either; it was most of the x-men.

it depends on whether he has guns imo. She does have other feats relating to controlling non atmosphereic cosmic phenomena. Her powers aren't clearly defined anyway. It certainly seems above her more consistent showings in scale.

Colossus-Big C

Last I checked, a galaxy had more than one stars worth of power. it was basically a galaxy bunched up into a small space

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
She does have other feats relating to controlling non atmosphereic cosmic phenomena. Her powers aren't clearly defined anyway. It certainly seems above her more consistent showings in scale.

far above.

Creshosk
I'm curious as to how she was able to float in space without a space suit, without dieing due to radiation, extreme cold, depressurization.

Colossus-Big C
yea i thought she just had the power to control the weather, it seems like she gets energy from stars and cosmic type things

-Pr-
Originally posted by Creshosk
I'm curious as to how she was able to float in space without a space suit, without dieing due to radiation, extreme cold, depressurization.

claremont-itis.

Creshosk
yea i thought she just had the power to control the weather, it seems like she gets energy from stars and cosmic type things Sure when written by someone who doesn't know anything about basical cosmology. He originally had her written as dodging an attack by a sentinal by riding on solar winds...

Which was later changed to her jetpacks maneuvering nozzles, because basic cosmology tells you that solar wind

http://astroprofspage.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/magneto.jpg

would have fried her, the sentinal and the earth's atmosphere.

Konton
She has the ability to create her own atmosphere in space by tugging and reigning in all the necessary particles to sustain it. She's been shown capable of influencing most levels of the electromagnetic spectrum and other atomic control over the years. This has been clearly explained in comics several times. She has some form of control over whatever environment she's in. She's used space lightning, solar winds, etc. The star power feat is a little over the top, but her potential to perform it isn't completely out there. It DID kill her.

As for this fight, I'll give it to Storm. Even with his guns she can just increase the air pressure inside of them and force them to explode, a feat she's performed on more than one occasion before a gun could be fired. Once that's out of the way she can just float about and choose from her vast and expansive powerset for the win. He's not surviving a Jovian pressure dome. I would go so far as to say she's quicker on the draw too, but I don't want to have to pull out all the scans after the Storm vs Cyclops thread shenanigan.

Creshosk
claremont-itis. Beleive me I'm well aware of his lack of understanding of some things. Look at my girl here.

He came up with some meaningless mumbo jumbo to describe her powers.

"Articulate quasi-animate transitory plasmoids"

Articulate has two meanings:
▸ verb: provide with a joint
▸ verb: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way

Neither of which really fit for describing energy.

Quasi- has two
▸ adjective: having some resemblance usually by possession of certain attributes
▸ adjective: having a legal status only by operation or construction of law and without reference to intent

The first one is the best so its resembling...

Animate has one basic meaning

▸ verb: give life-like qualities or movement to

So Quasi-animate would be "resembles motion"

No, they're fully animated, they move around quite a bit.

Transitory has one meaning
▸ adjective: enduring a very short time

Plasmoid has one meaning
▸ noun: a section of a plasma having a characteristic shape

That works. so 2/5th of the description make sense.

Jointed resembling movement short lived shaped plasma.

Not helpful.

Wasn't until later with Fabien Nicieza that we get a better explaination 5-6 years later.

Okay so they do tend to be around only while she's concentrating on them. that's 1/4 thus far.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Konton
She has the ability to create her own atmosphere in space by tugging and reigning in all the necessary particles to sustain it While unconcious in an environment that does have those particles?

Beleive me I'm well aware of his lack of understanding of some things. Look at my girl here.

He came up with some meaningless mumbo jumbo to describe her powers.

"Articulate quasi-animate transitory plasmoids"

Articulate has two meanings:
▸ verb: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way

Neither of which really fit for describing energy.

Quasi- has two
▸ adjective: having some resemblance usually by possession of certain attributes
▸ adjective: having a legal status only by operation or construction of law and without reference to intent

The first one is the best so its resembling...

Animate has one basic meaning

▸ verb: give life-like qualities or movement to

So Quasi-animate would be "resembles motion"

No, they're fully animated, they move around quite a bit.

Transitory has one meaning
▸ adjective: enduring a very short time

Plasmoid has one meaning
▸ noun: a section of a plasma having a characteristic shape

That works. so 2/5th of the description make sense.

Jointed resembling movement short lived shaped plasma.

Not helpful.

Wasn't until later with Fabien Nicieza that we get a better explaination 5-6 years later.

Okay so they do tend to be around only while she's concentrating on them. that's 1/4 thus far. I think he meant articulate, almost alive/life-like, short-lived plasma construct.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
I think he meant articulate, almost alive/life-like, short-lived plasma construct. So did he mean jointed or able to express oneself clearly?

I don't care how cool articulate sounds THOSE are the options for what it means.

▸ verb: express or state clearly

If that's what he meant that's what he should have written rather than that mumbo jumbo.

TheTyrant

by the way ares wins

Galactic Core.

Konton
While unconcious in an environment that does have those particles?

Well she died after the core drain, so she didn't need it. Any instances of her surviving while unconscious or asleep is just stupid comic stuff. I believe it explains her atmosphere creation back in the issue where she and Black Panther encountered Silver Surfer and she struck him.

Creshosk
Well she died after the core drain, so she didn't need it. Any instances of her surviving while unconscious or asleep is just stupid comic stuff. I believe it explains her atmosphere creation back in the issue where she and Black Panther encountered Silver Surfer and she struck him. She shouldn't have just died her body should have been completely destroyed.

The air pressure inside her body was so much greater inside her body than outside... plus there's the radiation that there was no atmosphere to protect her from. All kinds from microwave to ultra violet.

There really shouldn't have been any remains. Not that slow fade to black. All the water in her body would have been boiled and all the air expanded beyond maximum capacity.

I'm guessing that Clarmonts fail at science kicked in again and she died due to the galactic core incident.. which means no she was not able to handle the galactic core. That's like saying wolverine was able to beat the hulk.

Wolverine actually did better against the hulk than storm did against the galactic core. Because Wolverine survived.

So did he mean jointed or able to express oneself clearly?

I don't care how cool articulate sounds THOSE are the options for what it means.

▸ verb: express or state clearly

If that's what he meant that's what he should have written rather than that mumbo jumbo. probably jointed. whose power descriptions was that?

She shouldn't have just died her body should have been completely destroyed.

The air pressure inside her body was so much greater inside her body than outside... plus there's the radiation that there was no atmosphere to protect her from. All kinds from microwave to ultra violet.

There really shouldn't have been any remains. Not that slow fade to black. All the water in her body would have been boiled and all the air expanded beyond maximum capacity.

I'm guessing that Clarmonts fail at science kicked in again and she died due to the galactic core incident.. which means no she was not able to handle the galactic core. That's like saying wolverine was able to beat the hulk.

Wolverine actually did better against the hulk than storm did against the galactic core. Because Wolverine survived. people talk in space all the time, just accept it.

Konton
She shouldn't have just died her body should have been completely destroyed.

Wolverine actually did better against the hulk than storm did against the galactic core. Because Wolverine survived.

Well I don't mean to back Clarmont by any means, I'm just saying that comics are comics and nobody wants to see a flagship character like Storm explode into chunky bits of flesh and bone. Wouldn't go over so well.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
probably jointed. whose power descriptions was that?

http://i35.tinypic.com/11vn0j4.jpg
Jubilee

Jointed plasmoids?

Konton
sidebar: I think he meant to use the word articulate as a synonym for intelligent or even vaguely sentient. They follow her mental commands.

Creshosk
sidebar: I think he meant to use the word articulate as a synonym for intelligent or even vaguely sentient. They follow her mental commands. Articulate isn't a synonym for intelligent nor sentient.

Konton
Doesn't matter. It's the point he was trying to convey.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753

Last I checked, a galaxy had more than one stars worth of power.

I can't remember the exact wording but the Galactic Core as explained in that issue is some sort of area of space with millions of stars in it.

Anyway, the wording doesn't matter but Storm did not channel the the plasma, actual heat, radiation etc.. from all those stars through herself in that issue. Had she done that all the stars in the background would have been snuffed out.

Storm draws some sort of unknown energy/strength (power) from the Earth or whatever planet she's on. She draws "energy" (power) from the core to carry out an abortion just like she draws energy (power) from the Earth.

Creshosk
Doesn't matter. It's the point he was trying to convey. Speculatory. While strongly supported by the subsequent panel, the wording is still horrendous.

http://i35.tinypic.com/11vn0j4.jpg
Jubilee

Jointed plasmoids? Oh, than you're right, it's crap. I actually pictured some hard light plasma constructs like a GL's.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I can't remember the exact wording but the Galactic Core as explained in that issue is some sort of area of space with millions of stars in it.

That is what the galactic core is indeed. In the real world too.

Anyway, the wording doesn't matter but Storm did not channel the the plasma, actual heat, radiation etc.. from all those stars through herself in that issue. Had she done that all the stars in the background would have been snuffed out. She might have, just draining a portion from each wouldn snuff them out ans she does project light from herself.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Galactic Core. which has the same mass as a galaxy..

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753

She might have, just draining a portion from each wouldn snuff them out ans she does project light from herself. The wording would suggest more than just a portion.

RLAAMJR.
Didn't Storm just beaten The Trion in their own dimension?

Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Didn't Storm just beaten The Trion in their own dimension? wut?

Konton
Originally posted by 753
wut?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1874/1104766trionth3super.th.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6936/1104772trion2dz3super.th.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9897/1104778trion3iz5super.th.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/1104784trion4lv9super.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/1104790trion5xx6super.jpg/

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/1146367639448trion6bt7s.jpg/

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753

She might have, just draining a portion from each wouldn snuff them out ans she does project light from herself.

The wording suggest that she called forth the power of the ENTIRE core. Yet the stars aren't snuffed out and she only produced enough energy to shine as a single star. She's not calling upon the power of the stars in the core but the core itself.

You know how she has a spiritual bond with the Earth. She had a spiritual bond with the Core.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.